ZedTunes - Shootout Tunes - 07/12/12

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 382 comments
I went against the full suspension and transmission as per some of my previous tunes. You don't have to full mod to make something work...if you look, the number of full tunes doesn't match up with non-full.

But it is a car that probably would seem better suited to sharper corners. I tested it on Eiger Nordwand and it shone there. Of course though it's an FF so you can't push it too hard or else the steering will go awry.

Still lovely to see the Lance of Lantis is making good impressions.

C-ZETA
Yes I did. But you know what took the piss?

I searched for a lot of last night for an Axela, which never came.

Wake up early today, start cycling through the UCD and find the Axela in the second cycle.

Hate it when that happens.

i-know-that-feel.jpg

Nah, it's really just First World Problems on my part :lol:

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/21458700.jpg

It's either GT1 or FTO STC.

If you got the latter, you're too late to the party. If it's the former...you definitely aren't.

It's not that it's bad. Just now it's been ruined.

If you're driving it for the first time, drive it because you will find it good.

If you're like me, you'll hate it now.

Speaking of the FTO STC, I got it when it was 2.05, neglected to drive it and now look what's happened. :grumpy:

Eh…apart from losing its voice, absolutely nothing of real concern in terms of performance…

…so I'd say, nothing of real importance to your average GT5 player.

Onboy123
Eh…apart from losing its voice, absolutely nothing of real concern in terms of performance…

…so I'd say, nothing of real importance to your average GT5 player.

That's why I said if it's your first time you'll like it. If you aren't, you'll hate it for no longer being a perfect blend.

So far the only thing standing at that level is the CT230R, and that requires outside assistance.

Mazda Kusabi no Shinbō
Painted in Snow Flake White Pearl Mica by Mazda

I'll keep this short and sweet: it's bloody good.

Ok, perhaps not that short and sweet. :lol:

When I built this on my Kusabi, I had reservations about the gearing, probably done with a different method to mine, but your method works, so who am I to judge. Mostly always in the powerband, good pull from the engine. LSD setting was good, no wheelspin anywhere. The place where this tune shines though is the handling, I did a quick left-right-left flick with this as GT5 spawned me onto the track, and it felt so responsive and quick. More of the same followed as I threw it around the various hairpins of GVS, always the same lightning-quick response on corner entry. Mid-corner it held grip well, the only slight criticism I have is corner exit, it tends to push a fair bit towards the outside, but then again I have a habit of applying the power far too early through a corner. :lol:

Another great tune from you C-ZETA :)

Last edited:
U have most of the premium cars that I own and it will be awhile before I get the funds to add parts but they look resasonably tuned.

Allrightythen I picked up the settings on your 370gt butget racer and within the next hour I will give u my results.

Holly smokes this car was great! Not my style cause of the tire choice but it gave me a run for my money! However it was a little tight in turns but smooth coming out. Drove it on the alps. It just says to me finish putting money into me and tune me for la sarthe! I feel that anything other than a 2.0 liter says Japanese muscle to me and I think this could be hold it's own on that.

Last edited:
Toyota Yaris F (J) '99
Painted in Dark Blue Mica by Toyota

TOYOTAYARISBANNER.jpg

LagunaSecaRaceway_3.jpg

Stock model: Toyota Yaris F (J) '99
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FF
Power: 132bhp
Weight: 728kg
PP: 405

What to buy:
GT Auto:
Overhaul Engine (when applicable)
Restore Body Rigidity (when applicable)

Parts Shop:
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customizable Suspension
Sports: Hard Tyres
Dirt Tyres

Settings:

Ballast: 0
Position: 0

Power Limiter: 100.0%

Max Speed: 137
1st: 2.795
2nd: 1.844
3rd: 1.331
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.773
Final: 3.944

LSD: 5/15/5

Ride Height: 6/19
Spring Rate: 4.3/3.3
Dampers (Ext.): 6/4
Dampers (Comp.): 5/5
Anti Roll Bars: 1/3
Camber Angle: 2.7/1.9
Toe Angle: 0.00/0.00

Brake Balance Controller: 6/4

Well, here she is. A Toyota Yaris that was not actually the fastest overall on either of the tracks it was tested on, but was the fastest overall of everything I tested in Class A. Jolly good.

Of the three different Yarises I tested, this was one of two that held the top spot at some point, with the other one being beaten out in the end in the other class. But what by? Well, that's next up.

Mazda Demio Sport '03
Painted in Starry Blue Mica by Mazda

mazdademiobanner.jpg

Toscana_1-2.jpg

Stock model: Mazda Demio Sport '03
Obtained: Used Car Dealerships

Drivetrain: FF
Power: 203hp
Weight: 918kg
PP: 430

What to buy:
GT Auto:
Overhaul Engine
Restore Body Rigidity

Parts Shop:
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Sports: Hard Tyres
Dirt Tyres

Settings:
Ballast: 0
Position: 0

Power Limiter: 100.0%

Max Speed: 130
1st: 2.745
2nd: 1.821
3rd: 1.322
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.780
Final: 4.105

LSD: 5/15/5

Ride Height: 7/16
Spring Rate: 4.7/4.1
Dampers (Ext.): 6/4
Dampers (Comp.): 5/5
Anti Roll Bars: 3/1
Camber Angle: 2.3/1.7
Toe Angle: -0.04/-0.02

Brake Balance Controller: 6/4

Well, here she is. Another wonderful FF from Mazda and from an unlikely source. It's a Mazda Demio. Not a Kusabi - a Demio. I know, crazy, right?! (My Lantis is exactly at 430PP but the cc limits means its awesome 2.0 V6 bans it...)

This was the clear fastest overall on both the circuits, and it might even surprise a couple of Kusabis. Just you wait...

Random Update OF THE WEEK!!!

I just got myself a new banner. Subbed out the V16 Thing for the Lance of Lantis as the poster boy here. Not exactly the most cutting edge car, but cutting edge tune? You betcha. ;) Might actually convince people to buy the thing now. :)

Yeah, this is more of a Twitter update than a post here...but Twitter can just go and lie down.

I also have 6 tunes coming up, three rejects from each class (405 and 430PP) from the FF shootout. Was planning to do them today, but the simple thing to say is this: I forgot. :boggled:

Yeah, now it is more of a post. :lol:

I just got myself a new banner. Subbed out the V16 Thing for the Lance of Lantis as the poster boy here. Not exactly the most cutting edge car, but cutting edge tune? You betcha. ;) Might actually convince people to buy the thing now. :)

Yeah, this is more of a Twitter update than a post here...but Twitter can just go and lie down.

I also have 6 tunes coming up, three rejects from each class (405 and 430PP) from the FF shootout. Was planning to do them today, but the simple thing to say is this: I forgot. :boggled:

Much love for the Lantis, or the 323F as I know it more commonly as. :D

You know, I didn't have any rejects for this shootout surprisingly. :lol: Odd that actually.

C-ZETA

I do plan on giving some of your cars a non reviewers review, and this will be one for sure 👍... I just don't know when that will be :nervous:

trackripper123
Much love for the Lantis, or the 323F as I know it more commonly as. :D

You know, I didn't have any rejects for this shootout surprisingly. :lol: Odd that actually.

I entered my rejects :dopey:

trackripper123
If those are your rejects, you must be holding back, teasing the Outlaws that they still have a chance in the running against Clueless. :lol: Since your rejects are getting damn good times anyway. :P

Oh, if only that story to be true :(. But GT is in the land of make believe, so we can pretend... right? :dopey:

Back