BESTuners Gallery | Updated October 28th, 2006 - DB9 by ChromeBallz

• Thread starter BESTuners
  • 585 comments
No, I was asking, are you posting your settings in here? Because if you are...You're not allowed to...And your post will be edited out. And if you want to be a BESTuner, you can't, because there's already spots filled...

I'm not, okay?

I didn't read the front page before I posted.

(stupid, I know...)

I'm finished here. (not that I had something to do)

Driver: ekMatt9

BESTuners Mazda MX-5 Miata '89 Report:

Deep Forest Raceway Time:
W/O Nitrous - 1'18. 039
W/ Nitrous - 1'15. 924

Exterior:
Once again, I'm baaack!! :lol: I got my idea b/c of these two roadsters. (Click "these" for link to the two roadsters) I was thinking, what rims look close to that car...AH!! These do. The Ginetta G4 (I think it's called) ... So I spent about 20, 000 Cr. looking for those rims. :lol: Pretty stupid of me, but I was determind. I was thinking just doing phototravel shots only and take non - moving pictures and add the lip that I wanted too. But it never happened. Too much work imo. So yeah, this lady's a beast. Over all, I give it a 8 on exterior. If this car wasn't so small, I'd probably take it :)

Pro's...
The Pro's on my tuning with this car...there are many. Since this is a light car to begin with, I just did stage 1 weight reduction. I also added Stiffness and Rigidity Refresher. This let me throw the car around a little bit. It's also easy to take through corners and come out with speed. I added nitrous because if you climb hills with this little Miata, you tend to keep the speed. FOR EXAMPLE: I was in Deep Forest getting the fastest time I could. When you hit the straight away and the first turn to the left, I started climbing that hill. I was at about 50 mph up the hill and it max 52 mph on it. When I did one lap with the nitrous. I started at 45 mph and got up 58 mph. Pretty big improvement in my eyes. Over all 10 being the best, it's a 8. More power should be able to be put in. The only reason I lacked some power was because I did N / A :D Turbo sucks!!

Con's y0!...
The major deal is POWER!! This little MX-5 is good in weight and handling for me. But come on!! Less than 250 hp for me is garbage. I only did this car for the looks :lol: It sucks on hills, it sucks in the gears. I couldn't believe it only had 5 gears with the Full Customize Transmission...That sucks!! :mad: Stupid PD people can't add more HP haha. Yeah, understeer isn't a big issue unless you start pushing it a little bit more. If you take the correct lines and keep the suggested gear and a fair amount of speed, you'll be good. Rating it 1 okay 10 the worst, it's a 4 just because of the lack of power :(

Over all
Over all, I'm happy with the things to this car. Yeah, it's small, it's really a girly mobile I call it, it's pretty damn nice. The speed sucks, the weight and pushing and handling of this car is the best. I wouldn't change anything else...But the MOTOR!! Rating 1 - 10...It's for sure an 8...Just because it's small, doesn't mean it's bad...

redpspmiata3fl.jpg

The Settings:

Horsepower: 222 bhp
Torque: 179 Ft. / Tq.

Parts to buy:
  • Racing Exhaust
  • Sports Chip
  • NA Stage 3 Tuning
  • Port Polish
  • Engine Balancing
  • Nitrous (Equip unless you want a slow car)
  • R3 Racing Tires
  • Racing Brakes
  • Brake Balance Controller
  • Racing Suspension
  • Full Customize Transmission
  • Triple - Plate Clutch
  • Racing Flywheel
  • Carbon Driveshaft
  • Full Customize LSD
  • Stage 1 Weight Reduction
  • Stiffness
  • Rigidity Refresher
  • Oil Change

Suspension:
Spring Rate - 6.0 | 7.2
Ride Height - 100 | 100
Shock (Bound) - 7 | 8
Shock (Rebound) - 7 | 8
Camber Angle - 2.0 | 0.5
Toe Angle - 0 | +1
Stabilizers - 4 | 5

Transmission:
What ever you please...

LSD:
Initial - 10
Acceleration - 15
Deceleration - 10

Brake Balance Controller:
Front - 5
Rear - 6

Driving Aids:
ASM Oversteer - 2
ASM Understeer - 0
TCS Controller - 2

This is the last and final time I'm doing a red car for an update, these pics suck :mad: Damn Saturation!! Enjoy y0!

DUDE, you made that little car look nice and mean and beastly. I know thats some good tuning too cuz that car sucks dude, awesome time man! 👍

BESTuners Honda Civic Type R (EK) ’98 Report​

Driver: .Duck.

Deep Forest Laptime: 1’21.508

NOTE: Review tested with S2s, laptime tested with R4s.

Exterior:
Well, it’s yellow. And a hatchback. It’s a yellow hatchback. Yeah, that sounds correct. And it’s a ricer car. THE ricer car. Just stick some stickers on it and slap on a body kit, and then you’ll be the butt of all jokes. And don’t forget your oversized wing, too.

And while we’re focusing on ricers, let me dive deeper into the wing aspect of it. Since it’s a hatchback, it’s not as ridiculously oversized as other wings, but it’s still uglier than Shrek. It’s extremely wide, and if you actually have the kahunas to even give your eyes this torture, you’ll find out that it actually is as big as the wheelbase, if not larger.

Although, you have to admit, it IS pretty nice. Without the wing, it has a refined look to it. IMO, it looks better than the new Civics, and I can see why ekMatt likes them. Now, let’s see if it performs as good as it looks.

The Good…:
Well, the sense of speed is really neat. I’m going 85 MPH down the straight at Tsukuba, and it feels like it’s going 110. It feels like a rocket when you’re going a mediocre 150 MPH. The handling is decent, especially for an FF car. Even though I have to let off the throttle at many of the Tsukubian bends, it will happily go through the corner and overtake the next FF car without breaking a sweat.

It’s braking is awesome, since I can nearly be AT the corner when I need to brake. It also will freely move when it needs to stop, and not to the point of sliding.

…And the bad:
The lack of horsepower is a big setback. 320 horses just doesn’t cut it. Even though the sensation of speed is great, you struggle even with FR cars with 30-50 less horses. I can bring out a 25,000Cr Mustang GT and make my 120,000Cr Civic (with modifications) get shivers up its spine.

The lack of stability on rough courses is very concerning, too. On my test at Deep Forest, it was being jolted around like a jumping bean. Even with relatively soft springs (in comparison to very stable race cars) and an average ride height, it can’t cope with the bumps. I’ll bet you my dinner that B-spec Bob had a throbbing headache for the next week.

And the understeer. It’s pitiful. Even with R4s, it STILL pushed. You may be asking why I didn’t remove the rear downforce. The reason? It would oversteer like a madman, and it would make the already instable Civic more unstable.

Conclusion:
If you’re a big Civic fan, or if you just want a good basic FF car to practice with, then you should get it. Now, if you want to break some FF records, then look to the Dodge SRT-4. That beast will beat the Civic without even trying.

But anyway, it’s a decent car. But there’s always a better buy for every car.

The Set-up:
Civic Type R Set-up

Thanks for reading, and please comment!!

Also, if you can't see any photos, look in my gallery. They should be in there.

:lol: Duck, those pics are amaing. I wish I knew PS as good as you...Any ways!! Great job man with the report. I tried your settings already...But I have trouble, stiffness is my problem, some understeer, but forget that, it's cause my style is different from yours...Once again, excellent yo!

The Miata pics are really nice and inventive. I just wanted say I thought the reviewer might have been a bit unfair because its a great car if you keep in mind its about keeping momentum with smooth driving through bends and not just slamming the gas. For me it is one of the more fun cars to drive in the game regardless of the lack of power.

Great pics though! :)

Sorry for my lack of posts over the last week, but I have had a nightmare at work (we are being bought out as of last week - lots of work), so my posts in GTP have been minimal and I was not able to put the time in I would have liked.

I love the FD report and pictures, excellent work, and the MX-5 is great. Duck excellent work on the Civic, good to see some FF set-ups, matches what i'm working on at present for my next update.

Regards

Scaff

Honda Integra Type - R (DC2) '99

Driver: ekMatt9

Deep Forest Raceway Time: 1'17. 589 :yuck:

My Report:

The Exterior:
She's a beast. This JDM DC2 is sexy. I like Integra's, but not the one's we have in the United States. The round head lights make me mad :mad: It looks very stupid in my opinion. The JDM Integra's are sexy !! :D I like the head lights on it because of the yellow HID's it has...And the motor is B18C5 (The ITR motor) and the USDM one has a B18C (GSR) so yeah...My favorite Integra of all is this kind...Oh...I took a couple of pics off the inter web and made them look like GT4...What do you think?

The bad first :)
This car is bad the way I tuned it. I must have done about 27 laps around Deep Forest until I got it to the way it actually did under a 1'20. It under steers a lot...But I don't know why. The speed is okay...The gear box was messed with, but it's your decision how you want your gears to be set to. The way this car accelerate's, it wears the tires out more, but it showed to have more speed rather than the LSD set up as 5 - 5 - 5...So I played around with it, the result was okay...The only major deal is understeer. That's it. Everything else seems good. ASM Understeer was set to 0 because if the car was hitting bumps and turning at the same time, it would start smoking tires and lose speed...

Now, the good...
The power is good. The exterior looks great, and the way it handles while not accelerating is good :) Going down hills, this thing is great. I put stage 3 weight reduction, and that made the car too light, so I had to add some weight back on so it doesn't float on every bump I hit...So the good list isn't really too long because of the suspension. I couldn't find any great settings for it. I had some a while ago, but I don't know why I sold the car :(

The Conclusion:
This car is alright...Not the best in the game. The only bad part is understeer (When don't I say that :lol: ) It's a ghetto but fast car that a lot of beginner Honda kids want to use. This car is an over all rating of 7. It sucks with my FF tuning...

My Settings:

Horsepower: 305bhp
Torque: 201 Ft. / Tq.

Parts to buy:
  • Racing Exhaust
  • Sports Chip
  • NA Stage 3 Tuning
  • Port Polish
  • Engine Balancing
  • Racing Brakes
  • Brake Balance Controller
  • Racing Suspension
  • R3 Racing Medium Tires
  • Full Customize Transmission
  • Triple - Plate Clutch
  • Racing Flywheel
  • Full Customize LSD
  • Stage 2 Weight Reduction
  • Stiffness
  • Rigidity Refresher
  • Oil Change

Suspension:
Spring Rate - 7.6 | 5.8
Ride Height - 101 | 104
Shock (Bound) - 7 | 7
Shock (Rebound) - 8 | 7
Toe Angle - 1 | 1
Camber Angle - 2.5 | 0.2
Stabilizers - 3 | 3

Transmission:
How ever you want...

LSD:
Initial - 11
Acceleration - 13
Deceleration - 7

Brake Balance Controller:
Front - 5
Rear - 4

Driving Aids:
ASM Oversteer - 0
ASM Understeer - 0
TCS Controller - 3

Please Enjoy as always!!

Damn ekMatt9 you beat me to it, i've been working on the same car, slightly different mods and the tuning does look different.

Don't have the settings to hand, but I iwill try and dig them out later.

Regards

Scaff

most of the reason the ZR-1 blows is because it's too front heavy.

i mean, the viper has a friggin 8.0L V10 and it's lighter (not by much but it is).

then again, those years were still in the new-age experimentation stage.

it's a good thing chevy scrapped the LT5 imo.

Scaff
Damn ekMatt9 you beat me to it, i've been working on the same car, slightly different mods and the tuning does look different.

Don't have the settings to hand, but I iwill try and dig them out later.

Regards

Scaff

Are you still posting it? Because if you are...I'm sorry but you can't because there is already a car like that...:(

ekmatt9
Are you still posting it? Because if you are...I'm sorry but you can't because there is already a car like that...:(

Its not a problem, I've already got another car in mind, going to go for the Renaultsport Clio 2.0 16v. Should prove to be fun.

I quite agree withe DC2 being the best looking of the ITR's, and my personal favorite of them as well.

Regards

Scaff

rs6banner21ya.jpg

Driver: Speedy_2

Deep Forest Raceway Time: 1’12.720

Exterior:
It's an Audi...What's not to love about the look. I've always loved the Audi look and the RS 6 is no exception. It has the same classy Audi look, but with an aggressive touch to it. Lowered, the stance is perfect for intimidating the ricer crowd. Although, the overall appearance doesn't really say, "I'm a race car." It has 4 doors and it's big. But as we learned with the M5, don't think we're only going to use it as a grocery getter. The one thing that really bothered me was that I could not find a set of rims that looked as good as the stock ones. The stock ones aren't bad, actually, and during the test I got attached to them. Of course, you can fit the rims of your choice for an extra 500 cr. thanks to GT Auto 👍 .

Pros:
The most impressive aspect of this car was the acceleration. With AWD, R4's, and VCD set at 10% there was a ton of grip. Off the line there are a few chirps from the front tires as they spin only a few times. Unfortunately, from a dead stop, you'll need at least a "1" set on the TCS to get this, otherwise it'll burn the tire through 1st gear. I can imagine sitting in this car would be extremely exhilarating! Put a $100 bill on the dash and not even the governator is gonna grab it. :sly: Handling is perfect for my driving style, but only after many trips back to the settings menu. Out of the box it turns like a brick. With ASM(over steer) and TCS set to zero, a little toe-in in back and toe-out in front, I can dive into a turn and exit without worrying about the anticipated "bee-line" for the outside wall. Even on S2's the RS 6 is a dream to drive when compared to other AWD cars. As for the brakes, they're perfect. You would think that such a heavy car would be a little sluggish in the braking department, but the upgrade kit does its job flawlessly.

Cons: It's AWD. Even though I said it handles great, there are still times when under steer makes its visit. It's inevitable. All you can do is accept it and keep from WOT out of the turns. Another downside to this great car is the speed. It has 781HP, but it seems like it's way less. That's mostly due to its other downside. It's weight. After a stage 3 weight reduction it still weighs 1527 kg.(3,366 lbs.). It's still fast for its size, but after while you find yourself wondering if there's really over 700HP under the hood.

Did I mention this car looks awesome??:sly:

Conclusion: Overall, this car is awesome! As stated before, the acceleration and handling are superb for a car of this class. The launch is addicting. I found myself bringing it to about 35mph in 2nd gear just to check out the launch. :D Some more power up top would be nice, but for short courses there's plenty. The looks really help me to like this car even more than my previous test car, the M5. Maybe there's another Luxury Sedan that top this one?? We'll see...... :sly:

Specifications & Settings

Price of car from Dealer: Cr. 117,060

• 781 HP
• 677 ft. lbs.
• 1,527 kg./3,366 lbs.

Parts Purchased:

• Exhaust & Air Filter: Racing - $4,800
• Racing Brakes - $4,700
• Brake Controller - $10,600
• Port Polish - $5,500
• Engine Balancing - $12,000
• Racing Chip - $1,500
• Transmission: FC - $10,400
• Clutch: Triple-Plate - $4,700
• Flywheel: Racing - $1,050
• Limited-Slip: FC - $6,600
• Carbon Driveshaft - $3,000
• Turbine Kit: Stage 4 - $80,000
• Intercooler: Racing - $3,000
• Suspension: FC - $17,000
• Racing Tires: Soft (R4) - $35,000
• VCD Controller - $10,500
• Weight Reduction: Stage 3 - $28,700
• Increase Rigidity - $30,000
• Total Cost of Modifications: $269,050

Suspension:
Spring Rate – 10.1 | 11.3
Ride Height – 95 | 97
Shock (Bound) – 8 | 8
Shock (Rebound) – 8 | 8
Camber Angle – 2.5 | 1.0
Toe Angle – +2 | -1
Stabilizers – 5 | 4

Transmission
Final – 3.339
Auto – 14

LSD Front:
Initial – 5
Acceleration – 10
Deceleration – 10

LSD Rear:
Initial - 10
Acceleration - 30
Deceleration - 15

Brake Controller
Front – 4
Rear – 3

VCD Controller:

Driving Aids
ASM Over steer – 0
ASM Under steer – 13
TCS Controller - 0

Weight Balance
Ballast Weight - 125
Front/Rear Balance - 45

That's great, Speedy! The report is an excellent one and the pictures are even better. You picked a car that is not as well-known as it deserves to be. 👍

I know I criticized your writing before but now there is absolutely no need to do it. The text flows well, spiced with good phrases here and there. Overall, very good. I'm going to buy that car. :)

Finally Speedy, how long did it take to finish editing the rest of the pics? :lol: Ver nice report, it took me a while to read it because I was trying to multi task haha. The only thing I'd edit if I were you is where the parts to buy list is. Instead of $ you should put Cr. but that's just me...Great report though!

Excellent write-up speedy, and as Greycap said, a car that deserves a higher profile than it normally has.

I've driven a stock RS6 (Avant) in the real world and have to say its an amazing car, but they do understeer. Blame Audi for insisting on puting the engine right on the front axle, doesn't do a long for the cars balance. Still a great high speed cruiser, and stunning in a stright line.

I love the pictures you have out together for this one, and the settings do look interesting, going to have to give them a go. For me the ASM is going to have to go straight to zero and my driving style I know is never going to match dampers that hard.

All in a big fat 👍

Regards

Scaff

@ Speedy - The pics are really good, and the report is awesome. 👍 That car definately needs some more attention. 👍

@ ekmatt - Kinda report happy aren't we? :sly:

@ Everyone else - I'm doing the Ford GT next, so nobody can do it. :scared:

BESTuners Ford GT '05 Report​

Driver: .Duck.

Deep Forest Laptime: 1’12.295

NOTE: Review tested with S2s & R4s, laptime tested with R4s.

Exterior/History:
Ford made a good move by creating a production version of the famous Le Mans winning GT40. It looks stunning. Of course, there’s some minor body tweaks for aerodynamics and such, but it largely remains unchanged. A few months ago, I saw a yellow-with-black-stripes GT, and it was beautiful. Simply a classic. It has a mean, but classy look. A brute in an elegant shell. It’s timeless. Several decades from now, it will probably be one of the most coveted cars, and will go to the highest bidder.

It has been known to be a Ferrari killer 40 years ago, and now today. Now, I’ll tune it for it’s maximum potential. It’ll be a wild beast, but I’ll see if I can get it to be friendly with me.

The Bad…:
Let’s start with the brakes. They’re weak. They’re so weak it’s not even laughable. I know that they’re like this in real life, but come on! A supercar should have some decent brakes, for crying out loud!! Going 190 MPH with more downforce than average, you’d think they’d be decent enough. Oh well. On to the next set of problems.

Next is the handling. It handles decent, but if even one wheel goes airborne, you’re dead meat. This is particularly amplified with R4s, and the extreme roughness of Deep Forest. I am positive that I can shave off 5 or more seconds, but not with me behind the wheel. I had to do 10 restarts to get a clean laptime, and I wasn’t in the mood to go through 15 long laps of hell to get the desired laptime. And I forgot to mention I had to put on driving aids to get my laptime. I better go repent after I type this up.

…And the good:
Well, the engine sound is really cool. Like a mean (insert deep, hoarse voice for quotations), “BRRRUUUUUUUUUUUMMM”. Ok, I guess you didn’t get that point, so get off your butt and try it yourself. You’ll like it. And speaking of engines, the 850 HP it’s pumping out really makes it zoom past your opponents. I lowered the Autoset so you’ll get where you need to go faster, but I’m confident that it’ll reach 250 MPH pretty easily. And it may reach 300 if you can get a top speed lunatic to lay his hands on it.

The handling does have it’s oversteer problem, but on a flat track like Tsukuba or Fuji, it’s nearly nonexistent. So you’ll get near neutral handling, with a hint of understeer on S2s. Your foes will fearfully call it the “Dominator”, and it is one.

Conclusion:
It’s an awesome car to drive stock, and it makes for some really fun battles in Arcade mode. Now, if you want a real challenge, then you can tune it, but use some aids. I don’t care if you’re the biggest anti-aids supporter on the face of the Earth, just do it.

The set-up:
Ford GT Set-up. Be sure to put on driving aids.

Thanks for reading, and please comment!!!

Back