GTA: San Andreas Record Book

• Thread starter Blake
  • 1,686 comments
Blake
By the way, I checked, you can’t die from not eating. You lose health until there is 1 unit of health left and then it stays like that. So really, you never have to eat.

Good to know... news to me--- I never actually starved-- just assumed you would-- can't believe I never heard this...

Blake
By the way, I checked, you can’t die from not eating. You lose health until there is 1 unit of health left and then it stays like that. So really, you never have to eat.
I think you have to eat once when you go to the restaurant with Ryder.

Some more racing times:
Best Time in Freeway - 2:03 - Jonas_AH
Best Time in LV Ringroad - 1:54 - Jonas_AH
Best Time in Vinewood - 2:25 - Jonas_AH

Jonas_AH

Some more racing times:
Best Time in Freeway - 2:03 - Jonas_AH
Best Time in LV Ringroad - 1:54 - Jonas_AH
Best Time in Vinewood - 2:25 - Jonas_AH

Yeah I remember that mission, when the Pizza guy comes out and starts shooting at CJ and Ryder..

I believe when you go on a dinner date with a girlfriend, you get fat too, only the game doesn't count it as a meal i think..

Jonas_AH
Ahh, very true.

And Tomski, you’re right. You gain fat, but it doesn’t count as a ‘meal eaten.’

Updated:
  • Added new records from Jonas_AH

Seems like I'm the only one keeping this topic alive at the moment ;)

But I won't submit records here for a while now as I have started playing Vice City again.

I'm streaching the limits of both my interests and abilities to get the records I have already.

I do enjoy insane stunts, but I can't even get close to a record. I have no idea what they're doing to get stats like they do.

Jonas_AH
Seems like I'm the only one keeping this topic alive at the moment ;)
I`m around, but have another 100+ hours of gameplay to make up before posting any updates. I`m still waiting for some hotshot to show up & challenge or break some of my killing records.
I think you scared Small_Fryz away from here with all of the racing records you`ve been posting lately. :P

Haha, it wouldn’t suprise me! He’s almost scared me away from checking new posts in this topic! :P

j/k :D

Emohawk
I'm streaching the limits of both my interests and abilities to get the records I have already.

I do enjoy insane stunts, but I can't even get close to a record. I have no idea what they're doing to get stats like they do.

Think moving objects.

;)

Trains, planes, traffic, boats.
Water moves a little.
The big ear rotates. I think...
If I could get a packer up Chiliad, that'd probably gain me some distance.

I think none of these things are what you're talking about though. Something to ponder on.

Emohawk
Trains, planes, traffic, boats.
Water moves a little.
The big ear rotates. I think...
If I could get a packer up Chiliad, that'd probably gain me some distance.

I think none of these things are what you're talking about though. Something to ponder on.

For distance off chilliad-- get a fast car and some nitrous 👍

SA sucks for rotation :crazy: --- KM got his with some lucky bounces while firing using a Rhino off of chilliad

I'm not convinced the records for height aren't glitched in this recordbook-- I have a 105 meter height that I know is glitched (chilliad bike race gives glitched height stats if you go off the road and time it correctly)-- if you hit something below the main road, it counts that as a take off-- when you get far enough off the road you reappear on the road and land and you get a stunt bonus-- the heigth difference between where you hit below the road and where you reappear will show up in yours stats...

NRG-500 Challenge: 0:53 on PC

Check out the GTA: San Andreas Record Book - PC here at GTPlanet.net for a link to a video of the NRG-500 route used above in 1:06. Despite several driving errors during recording, the video clearly shows which lower coronas are used to line up for the more diffucult upper coronas.

The Record Book for GTA:SA-PC is under development. GTA_Phreak started a Record Book Thread at GameFAQs.com and I recently transposed our records here so the screenshots would be easier to view, and to make a more permanent record of our progress. However, having started the thread, I'm not sure what to do with it. I won't have time to maintain the records once classes start up again.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Orion_SR: This record book already covers the PC version of SA. You should submit any applicable records here.
Spuds725
For distance off chilliad-- get a fast car and some nitrous 👍

SA sucks for rotation :crazy: --- KM got his with some lucky bounces while firing using a Rhino off of chilliad
I've tried a NOS Bullet. Finally cleared that ledge I've been bouncing off that was limiting my distance, but I only got around 740ft (stupid imperial, translates to 220m), still well short of the records.
I think I found what you've all been doing flips in, but I'm still only up to four.

Emohawk
Orion_SR: This record book already covers the PC version of SA. You should submit any applicable records here.

The PC times we've been posting for most of the street races are several seconds faster than for the PS2. We suspect this is a difference in system performance rather than skill. I don't think it is fair to compare the race times between these systems.

Hmm. Hope that doesn't contaminate the level playing field we've got going here.

Jonas_AH, you wouldn't happen to be using the PC version as well, would you? ;)

Emohawk
Hmm. Hope that doesn't contaminate the level playing field we've got going here.

Jonas_AH, you wouldn't happen to be using the PC version as well, would you? ;)
All my racing records are set on the PS2, but I have the PC version as well.

Orion_SR
The PC times we've been posting for most of the street races are several seconds faster than for the PS2. We suspect this is a difference in system performance rather than skill. I don't think it is fair to compare the race times between these systems.

WE thought that in VC too until the we PS2 players finally learned to drive-- I believe KM beat every submitted PC street race in VC--

Perhaps Jonas_AH could do a little experiment for us and discover whether there is, indeed, a difference between the PC and PS2 versions.

If anyone has both versions it would be appreciated. 👍

I don't have any racing records for any PC users to effortlessly usurp, but I'll still feel more comfortable once this gets cleared up.
Orion, maybe you could hold off on developing your PC record book untill we confirm if there is a difference or not?
(great time for this to happen, after our mod retires :P)

Notable Times for PC

Little Loop 0:41 (-2 seconds)
Dam Rider 1:46 (-5)
Desert Tricks 1:50 (-5)
Dirtbike Danger 1:31 (-5)
Barnstorming 4:34 (-4)

I picked these races as examples because they contain very few random variables and they show a fairly clear difference in time between systems. For the people who are experienced with these races; do you really think you've missed so much time in these events?

BTW, are the people with top times in LV Ringroad using an inside track? 1:55 was the best I could manage with a line on the outer edge of the freeway. This race certainly spoils my arguement that PC times are faster, unless I can find two more seconds with a better line.

Orion_SR
Notable Times for PC

Little Loop 0:41 (-2 seconds)
Dam Rider 1:46 (-5)
Desert Tricks 1:50 (-5)
Dirtbike Danger 1:31 (-5)
Barnstorming 4:34 (-4)

I picked these races as examples because they contain very few random variables and they show a fairly clear difference in time between systems. For the people who are experienced with these races; do you really think you've missed so much time in these events?

BTW, are the people with top times in LV Ringroad using an inside track? 1:55 was the best I could manage with a line on the outer edge of the freeway. This race certainly spoils my arguement that PC times are faster, unless I can find two more seconds with a better line.

I have the PS2 record for dirtbike danger-- so I will comment on that. There is no traffic in that race so that is a non issue-- it would be a matter of staying ducked the entire race (except for a couple spots where you will wreck if you are ducked)-- it is hard to stay ducked entirely but if the controlls on PC allow you to stay ducked and turn and what not then I imagine its possible-- impossible for me to know for sure...

Small_fryz would have to weigh in--- since there is a fair amount of skill to driving/ducking at the same time on PS2.... that might be something to consider in whether to allow it.... for car races it wouldn't be an issue

But, the physics may be altered to make keyboard use easier… so I’m not sure. :confused:

Just to add to this debate as I'm also a PC player - I have spent a lot of time perfecting routes and so on for the PC - I don't think there is any difference between the two in terms of physics or frame rate - I mean Orion, we found that turning the frame limiter on for some races made no difference to the overall time - World War Aces for example.

I really think they could be on a level playing field - I mean perhaps I could post a video of me doing one or two of the races to see if any of the PS2 guys do anything drastically different? As so many of the times are close or the same, I think it's just a matter of some races having been tried more on PC than on PS2 - I mean we have some serious competitors between me, you and GTA_Phreak, constantly pushing each other, whereas I notice here that many times aren't quite so closely contested...

On the motorbike times you have pointed out, I play with a keyboard and am constantly tapping "W" in races to lean forward, but it does knacke rmy hand after a while. I thought 1:55 was the best I could do on Desert Tricks, but trying it over and over and perfecting my line proved me wrong - same was true for Dam Rider, Barnstroming and Dirtbike Danger. PC controls (at least with the keyboard) don't allow you to stay ducked at all times, no matter how much you press "W" - you wouldn't want to on some races anyway.

I think later on this evening, I will post a video of me doing Dam Rider and show you how much I can duck to see if it's really any different. I'm not saying I'll do a 1:46, but I can consitently get under 1:50, even wit the FPS being low on recording.

Hi All,

As promised, here is a video of Dam Rider - I couldn't get my time as good as I might have wanted due to doing most of the race at 15-20FPS or less due to recording! I messed up a couple of corners slightly (i.e. first and the two last ones) but hopefully this will give you an idea of how much I can lean etc.

Here it is then, in 1:49. The quality is low due to me wanting to keep the file size small (~9.7MB). For those who haven't used rapidshare, just click the free download bit on the right of the first page, then wait for your code to come up on the next page. Type it in and away you go:

http://rapidshare.de/files/10403439/Dam_Rider.wmv.html

The song is Turin Brakes - Underdog

Thought it might be an apt title, that's all.

Hmm it is hard on Desert Tricks to recreate the time...I think perhaps it may be to do with the frame rate - is it really bad on PS2? Perhaps there's a difference there?

I'm sorry....do you need proof when posting a record? Because I got a pretty big record in the baskbetball game...but I dont want to reveal the pic, as anyone can take it and use it...I will upload it soon.....my record is approx. 247, in the game measurments...

Back