GTA: San Andreas Record Book

• Thread starter Blake
  • 1,686 comments
PJ_69
I'm sorry....do you need proof when posting a record? Because I got a pretty big record in the baskbetball game...but I dont want to reveal the pic, as anyone can take it and use it...I will upload it soon.....my record is approx. 247, in the game measurments...
Yes, you need proof for any number 1 records.

I got a 2:47 in Badlands A (equal to the number 1) and I flipped the car around the last corner. I haven’t taken a screenshot yet, so I won’t update it, but I am confident it can be beaten by a fair bit.

Right cheers for the tips - I'll tell you what will be a fairer test ...with your tips on recording, I managed to get a cleaner run of Dirtbike Danger with a constant 25FPS. The race is completely down to the person - no traffic, no nothing, just skill. I've done it in 1:32, though as you'll see I made a mistake on one corner, which would account for the difference to get the 1:31. Regardless of this, it's still 4 seconds faster than the best PS2 time. 1-0 to the keyboard? Or have we still got some unfair advantage? It's not like I lean forward a massive amount in this race anyway, because if you do, you fall in many places :) http://rapidshare.de/files/10441293/Dirtbike_Danger.wmv.html I'm positive there is NO difference between the versions, other than the choice of control. I mean - most people would agree that the keyboard is less suitable I suppose...

PJ_69
I'm sorry....do you need proof when posting a record? Because I got a pretty big record in the baskbetball game...but I dont want to reveal the pic, as anyone can take it and use it...I will upload it soon.....my record is approx. 247, in the game measurments...

Did you read the "General Rules" in the first post of this thread... there is a glitch in basketball stats for those playing PS2 NTSC version-- just pointing this out in case you are posting a stats picture--- this was discussed a few pages back in this thread if you want to read about it....

For NTSC players you have to post a pic in game of the stat (not from your stat page)--- this will show the accurate distance... for some reason, some programmer used the wrong conversion from meters (in game) to feet (in stats)-- the PAL users stats are in meters in their stats so theirs is not boogered up...

Spuds725
Small_fryz would have to weigh in--- since there is a fair amount of skill to driving/ducking at the same time on PS2.... that might be something to consider in whether to allow it.... for car races it wouldn't be an issue

Its very very difficult to steer and duck at the same time. Dam Rider and Desert Tricks times are very fast and i dont belive i can beat them at all, my times with the ps2 was pretty much perfect. As for Barnstorming well im not really sure about that.

What are some times of car racing from PC compeared to PS2?

1 race that i know is totally maxed out is Military Service. T.Vercetti and I have the best time possible id say for PS2 version.

Small_Fryz
Its very very difficult to steer and duck at the same time. Dam Rider and Desert Tricks times are very fast and i dont belive i can beat them at all, my times with the ps2 was pretty much perfect. As for Barnstorming well im not really sure about that.

What are some times of car racing from PC compeared to PS2?

1 race that i know is totally maxed out is Military Service. T.Vercetti and I have the best time possible id say for PS2 version.

We have now achieved a 3:47 on Military Service. However, I think this is dependant on having a consistantly high frame rate - something that the PC can achieve, but the PS2 would struggle with. I've just done Barnstorming with the limit at 25FPS whilst recording - I only managed 4:36, so I think frame rate is a big issue on the flying records.

Spuds725
I have the PS2 record for dirtbike danger-- so I will comment on that. There is no traffic in that race so that is a non issue-- it would be a matter of staying ducked the entire race (except for a couple spots where you will wreck if you are ducked)-- it is hard to stay ducked entirely but if the controlls on PC allow you to stay ducked and turn and what not then I imagine its possible-- impossible for me to know for sure...

I share the first place Dirtbike Danger record with Spuds :sly:, and I think I ran the race perfectly. In my opinion, I believe it is impossible to improve 5 seconds on that race on the PS2. I don't even think that it's possible to improve more than a single second. I believe that there must be some difference between the two systems, but I don't know much about that technical stuff.

Updated:
  • Added new record from Jimmy's Woman.
Screenshots Needed:
Small_Fryz - Times Drowned (Least in a 100% Game), Distance Travelled by Plane, Best Time in San Fierro Fastlane, Vehicles Resprayed, Distance Travelled on Treadmill, Highest Score in Duality (Black Writing), Highest Score in Let's Get Ready to Bumble, Longest Treadmill Time.
seymour619 - Distance Travelled on Bicycle, Best Time in BMX, Maximum Insane Jump Flips, Highest Level in Vigilante, Best Lap in 8-Track, Time on Jetpack, Mission Attempts, Days Passed in Game, Number of Hospital Visits (Most).
Deli Dingo - Longest Stoppie Time (without Bicycle).
KieranMurphy - Distance Travelled on Motorbike.
Jimmy's Woman - Strip Club Budget, Prostitute Budget, Number of Girls Pimped.
PS - Number of Houses Burgled, Number of Stolen Items Sold, Maximum Insane Jump Height.
Cosmic - Longest Wheelie Distance, Longest Wheelie Time (with Bicycle).
Emohawk - Highest Score in Go-Go Space Monkey, Passengers Dropped Off, Number of Packages Delivered.
Jonas_AH - Best Time in Go-Go Karting, Best Time in Country Endurance, Best Time in Lowrider Race.

Damn, it has soon been two and a half moth since anyone posted in this thread :crazy:

BTW, I have a question: Is the car your are using during "Wu Zi Mu" faster than the one used when driving Badlands A as a street race. I am wondering because I made a 2:48 despite rolling the car once :scared:

Jonas_AH
Is the car your are using during "Wu Zi Mu" faster than the one used when driving Badlands A as a street race. I am wondering because I made a 2:48 despite rolling the car once :scared:

You can use almost any car (with nitrous and off-road tires) in the Wu Zi Mu version of Badlands A. We can tell the difference in the screenshots on the PC thread, but it shouldn't make a difference on your stats page. Even using the default Sabre I suspect there might be a little more time in Badlands A - PC still has 9 seconds on PS2. That's an awful lot for such a short race. Other times that could probably be improved are Badlands B, Bandito Country, and the NRG-500 Challenge.

Orion_SR
You can use almost any car (with nitrous and off-road tires) in the Wu Zi Mu version of Badlands A. We can tell the difference in the screenshots on the PC thread, but it shouldn't make a difference on your stats page. Even using the default Sabre I suspect there might be a little more time in Badlands A - PC still has 9 seconds on PS2. That's an awful lot for such a short race. Other times that could probably be improved are Badlands B, Bandito Country, and the NRG-500 Challenge.
Right, I forgot that you race the car you bring :banghead:

Best Time in Bandito County
1. 2:04 - Orion_SR (PS2)

Sector 1: Start to Marker 5, 30 seconds. The smooth racing line is difficult to see on PS2.
Sector 2: Marker (10?) after the Bribe, 1 minute. Needs to be less to finish in under 2:00 - but I'm out of practice.
Sector 3: Marker before the Muddy Bog, Below 1:30. Save time with shortcut.
Sector 4: Finish Line, 2:04. Maintain speed without risking error.

Best Time in NRG-500
1. 1:01 - Orion_SR (PS2)

Google Video of the NRG-500 route used in 1:06. The video was recorded on the PC.

Both scores can still be beat.

Attachments

• Bandito204.JPG
    Bandito204.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 34
  • NRG101.JPG
    NRG101.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 31
  • NRG101-SS.JPG
    NRG101-SS.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 14
What I was saying was that I'm pretty sure I maxed or near maxed Bandito County on the PS2. However, you beat my time by the truly huge amount of 6 seconds on the PC. Thus, PC records should be separate from PS2. IMHO.

Deli Dingo
What I was saying was that I'm pretty sure I maxed or near maxed Bandito County on the PS2. However, you beat my time by the truly huge amount of 6 seconds on the PC. Thus, PC records should be separate from PS2. IMHO.
I agree. PC times are not directly comparable to the PS2. I'm not even convinced the PC times can be compared to each other - there seems to be a slight difference depending on system performance. That's why I posted scores that I recorded using my PS2 on this thread. My current record for Bandito County on PC is 1:57, and 0:53 for the NRG-500 Challenge.

What I was saying is that there is usually a small difference in the record time between PC and PS2, but 13 seconds was too much for a race only 2 minutes long. So I dusted off the disc and practiced until I had a reasonably good run. Based on by best splits, 2:04 can be beat by at least 2 seconds. Breaking the 2 minute barrier will certainly be tough.

So if you want your record back, I posted splits that should give you an idea of where I was gaining time. I suspect that you gave up too soon on the shortcut after the bridge. Or perhaps it is just easier to see the smooth line with the higher resolution available on PC. I must admit, even though I knew the racing line I wanted to hit in the beginning of the race, it is very difficult to see on the PS2.

Thank you, and sorry about the confusion. I suppose I should have stated the records were for PS2 more bluntly, but I was leaning toward trying to be polite to the previous record holder.

Dirtbike Danger: 1:37 (Thanks Orion, Morgoth, and GTAPhreak! :D )
Military Service: 3:52
Barnstorming: 4:47

I can post screenshots if anyone wants. But the times are not that great yet. :(

Updated:
  • Added new records from atwyatt.
atwyatt – in the future could you please post your records in the manner requested in the first post. Thank you. :)

Latest Posts

Back