Circuit de la Sarthe 24hr II (without chicane's)

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
My last endurance race to do. :)
Just restarted this again today and decided to use my Nissan R932 Race Car. 1,200 HP. Im leaving my guy on 3(steady) and overtake and I will see what happens. I set his 5th gear quite high and he hits around 240mph just before the right turn at the end. Racing super hard tires.
With my first attempt in the Minolta Toyota V-race car car he just got stuck in one of the turns and sat there. :lol:
How was your progress on this track and what did you use?

Correct me if I'm wrong, But according to the GT4 Manual, When you have overtake on, The driver ignores the number setting, 1,2,3,4 or 5 can be selected, But the overtake command overrides all, his top priority is passing the car in front so fuel usage go's up and protecting the tyres go's out the window.

Mkey
Correct me if I'm wrong, But according to the GT4 Manual, When you have overtake on, The driver ignores the number setting, 1,2,3,4 or 5 can be selected, But the overtake command overrides all, his top priority is passing the car in front so fuel usage go's up and protecting the tyres go's out the window.
I dont see that anywhere in the book??
EDIT: Lap 57 and im already 2'56 behind. Gonna try a different car.

GuyNamedJohn
Yo.

Uhm, this Circuit la Sarthe thing is Le Mans, right?

So... so why couldn't they just call it Le Mans?

:confused:

Le Mans is the town where you can find this road circuit :)

full.jpg

um... i've set my car to 5 and overtaking... and the driver goes rite out into the sand box when he tries to overtake.... set it back down to 3 and overtakes sucessfully...
so i guess the number setting still has effects when overtaking... :P

Im trying a new car and it seems to be fine so far. Audi R8 Race Car 01' lap 23 and im just barely ahead. At least hes ahead.

It's a shame the AI for B-Spec is such a wuss. On 2-lap races in equal cars, he would never try to cut to the inside or overbrake someone...noooo he'd rather just lose the damn race. I hate B-Spec. :yuck:

I like this track. With my R89C with 1200 hp + NOS, i can achieve 490 km/h on Mulsanne and get a lap time of 2"47 or even further. My best til now, after like 6 laps, was this time, but i am sure it could be 2"44 or 45... :D

I just beat this with minolita toyota with no problem, setting is fast (4) with overtake.. She always spin out control on end of stright land, but she got back to control and back to race, she won by 34 overlaps by 2nd place, sweet! 👍👍

MADTJ
I just beat this with minolita toyota with no problem, setting is fast (4) with overtake.. She always spin out control on end of stright land, but she got back to control and back to race, she won by 34 overlaps by 2nd place, sweet! 👍👍

I just beat that race with the minolta Toyota too. I left it on level 3 with overtake the whole race and won by 5 laps. But that was with nearly 13,000 miles on the car since I've used it for all the endurance races - HP is not what it used to be. :-)

Slightly off topic:
Can you do these 24 hour races without ruining your car? I just finished the 24h Nurburgring race and my Minolta is not what it used to be. I think I'll just do El Capitan again and get another one (I love that course).

It's my last endurance race also, I just started it tongiht. My R92C is leading by a decent margin about 2 hours into the race with 3 and overtaking selected.

I B-Spec'd this a few days ago in the Toyota MINOLTA car with about 1200 bhp, on the 1st attempt my co-driver struggled but after softening the suspension settings I won by about 4 laps

UPDATE on my 24hr progress..

Audi R8 Race Car 01' set at 3 and overtake
lap 250
14 hours past
235mph on straight away
My guy is 1 lap ahead of the 2nd place guy. Hang in there Jim you can do it!! Only 10 hours left. :)

CAMAROBOY69
Racing super hard tires.
With my first attempt in the Minolta Toyota V-race car car he just got stuck in one of the turns and sat there. :lol:

Super hards might have been the problem. I find that my B-spec driver has a lot more problems staying on the track and keeping from getting stuck if I use those tires, especially at settings 3 and up. Using medium tires with a setting of 3 and overtaking turned on seems to get the best results.

I dunno about my B-Spec driver... EVERY LMP that he drives down Le Sarthe, he crashes into the wall at the end of the Mulsanne. A**hole... I call my driver "Wimpy Numbnuts", because he's a wuss to overtake anybody, he only hits the gas WAY after coming out of a turn, only uses half throttle around any turn... I think he's an intravenous drug user, but I'm not sure, I haven't figured it out yet. I know he's hitting a bowl down the Mulsanne to be smacking the wall at the end. Every time, through the sandtrap > into the wall.

I don't get it... I'm over 60% complete, with more than 10,000 miles on B-Spec. don't know my points, atm, but they're up there.

Are you using a custom setup for the B-spec races? I have tried finetuning the settings to suit each particular track, but it seems to be doing more harm than good when it comes to my co-pilot. For B-spec endurance races I just reset everything to default and it makes him happy and stay on the track.

If you're talking to me... no, I leave a default setup to use as my B-Spec setup, because I know the regular AI can (usually :indiff: ) handle it, as that's what they use. But the asshole just keeps hitting the wall at the end.

Is it just me, or do the Group C cars seem a little, er, "slow", on the Mulsanne Straight? It was mentioned in the film In Car 956 that the Porsche 956, which has about 620 hp, was clocked at 246 mph on the straight, but my Jag XJ-R9, which has 920 hp, tops out at 241 mph, with the minimum downforce setting. Am I doing something wrong in my setup, or what?

JoeyL
Is it just me, or do the Group C cars seem a little, er, "slow", on the Mulsanne Straight? It was mentioned in the film In Car 956 that the Porsche 956, which has about 620 hp, was clocked at 246 mph on the straight, but my Jag XJ-R9, which has 920 hp, tops out at 241 mph, with the minimum downforce setting. Am I doing something wrong in my setup, or what?

Maybe the jag has a higher Coefficient of drag? A small aerodynamic difference can change the max speed by a large amount at these speeds. I remember a road and track where they tested a turbo'd viper. Its tops speed went up 7 mph just by removing the windshield wipers

The Peugeot 905 LM with 670 bhp reached 405 km/h, or roughly 252 mph, in 1991 (although some say the 1988 WM P88 holds the record at 406 km/h), but with barely any downforce. If you want to go for maximum top speed on the Hunaudieres then, removing downforce might help, though it would of corse slow you down after Arnage.

slowman
If you're talking to me... no, I leave a default setup to use as my B-Spec setup, because I know the regular AI can (usually :indiff: ) handle it, as that's what they use. But the asshole just keeps hitting the wall at the end.

Strange. The only problem I have on Hunaudieres is that my B-spec driver might suddenly jerk the car to the side and get stuck in the wall every few hours, but he never has any problems at the end. The worst he will do there is sliding into the sand a bit while turning from Mulsanne onto Indianapolis, but he always recovers quickly and does not seem to lose time.

Back