Circuit de la Sarthe 24hr II (without chicane's)

Zardoz
There are things like this throughout the game. The developers diss American cars every chance they get.

Sure they do. Think about it logically. Americans are just not used to not being the best at everything.

i think u will find this the easiest way to do enduros.

1. buy both super hard + medium tyres for race and set medium on both f + b

2. then start in a-spec mode and get a head start

3. then when u need to pit u shud be at least 25 secs ahead so set it to b-spec + super hard tyres in pits and then let ure driver take over

4. simple u shud always stay ahead

5. if u start the race in b-spec u wnt be able to overtake very well ure better off doing it this way

Well, just tried this one with my Nissan R92CP. But the only thing I learned with it is that I really hate B-spec now. I started the race in A-spec, with my R92CP, untuned, so with 900+ BHP. I have laptimes op 3m09 but in B-spec he drives 3m16 or so. I was 45 secs ahead of the other cars, after 5 laps. Then I had to pit in to change tyres again. Then I put it on B-spec, when I looked again, it was 20 laps later and my 45 secs lead was gone... :( :( :( Then I decided to quit the race, he would have lost anyway. Stupid B-spec. But maybe I'll start again now with my Minolta Toyota..

stucowie
forgive me for being stupid, but i've seen a few posts mentioning LMP's... What are LMP's??

Le Mans Prototypes, e.g. Audi R8, Bentley Speed 8, Pescarolo Courages... It is also often used to refer to Group C cars like the Sauber C9.

I started B-Specing this race this morning, so I'm about 12:15:00 into it on 3x. I'm using my Minolta with Super Hard's in the back and Hard's in the front. I'm on lap 226 with 3 laps on the Minolta behind me and I'm 46 laps ahead of the GT '64 which is a really sucky car. If all goes well I'll have the Bentley by around 11:00PM tonight.

Just beat 24 hr Le Sarthe II in Audi R8... now with 10,600+ miles.

Won by 9 laps. Did most of the race B-Spec 4 with overtake, hards in front, super hards in back.

slowman
I dunno about my B-Spec driver... EVERY LMP that he drives down Le Sarthe, he crashes into the wall at the end of the Mulsanne. A**hole... I think he's an intravenous drug user, but I'm not sure, I haven't figured it out yet...

LOL! My driver isn't much smarter. He just tries to push the car in front of him about half way around the track before realizing he can pass him ON EITHER SIDE!!! Not sure if it's a drug problem, sight problem, or intelligence problem. Either way, I have to watch normal television while playing in B-Spec mode, or I turn into one of my parents: "Didn't you see him? Slow down! Use your turn signals! Pass on the left! Do you want me to drive?" Errrr :ouch:

I did this race yesterday. But I stopped. My stupid driver kept crashing in the wall at the Hunaudieres straight. Does anyone know why that is and how to prevent it? That's no fun anymore. If he keeps crashing into that stupid wall he'll never wins. Despite he's 5 secs faster than the other cars if he doesn't crash. He pits every 6 laps, so no advantage there for me.

I wanna get that Bentley Race Car, but for now, I'll just give up. My stupid car can't even drive at a straight... Okay, the road surface is bad there, but if no car crashes there, and mine does 4-6 times in 6 laps.... That's unfair.

And why is B-spec so ****ing slow? I drive 3m09 with 900+ BHP, he drives 3m11 with 1159 BHP. But my Toyota was always far behind, he was back, he was first, and then he crashed into the wall again. If he does it at a slow part of the course, I don't care, but this is on the fastest part of the circuit. and then he loses 20 secs again. Because if he hits the wall, he doesn't try to get back on course, no, he waits till his speed is about 30 kph or so, and then he gets back on track again. And his top speed is far too low there. He drives 340 km/h or so, while I do 370-380 there, with less BHP. And if I hear you all about 240 mph, then mine has really to speed up there. Stupid B-spec. But if someone has some ideas to get him drive faster there and stay on track, thanx. Wanna finish that race, to get my Bentley Race Car.:)

///M-Power
Le Mans Prototypes, e.g. Audi R8, Bentley Speed 8, Pescarolo Courages... It is also often used to refer to Group C cars like the Sauber C9.

Actually, the Bentley Speed 8 is classified under the GTP class.

I'm trying this race again, with my Toyota. Now I finally saw an AI car crashing at the straight too. So, my Toyota ain't the only one. And if he fails again, I'll get my Jaguar Le Mans Group C Race Car.. And if that doesn't succeed, I give up for the moment. I'm tired of this race, doing it over and over and over again, simply because that stupid driver can't keep the car on circuit.:rolleyes:

I really wonder how those of you did it with this Toyota, winning by 4 laps... That seems impossible to me, to what I've seen from my crashing driver. But maybe he'll win now. Have no Sauber Mercedes and no Mazda 787B against me, so it should be possible to win, even with those stupid crashes...:)

Ax Battler
This crashing into the wall thing is only happening on the II right? My B-speccer is currently doing I and not having any trouble.

Dunno if they do it at La Sarthe I too. Haven't done that one yet. But the other cars are crashing in the wall sometimes too. They just bump of the track because of the bumps in the road surface. That's irritating, but now I'm running fine, 3 laps ahead with my Minolta Toyota at 15 hrs or so. Tomorrow morning I'll have won that race and my Bentley Race Car.:)

...10 minutes left.. ran super hards front and rear on my minolta and am behind the sauber C-9 by a lap (technically 2 laps..) this makes me mad NOoooooooooooooooooo

guess im gonna have to try one of my LMP cars .. dunno how, minolta is 1,200ish HP

edit.. oh wait, this is for the le mans race 2... :dunce: doh

doing it with the F1 car i got from nurburgring 24hrs (which i won with the black nissan R92CP @1200bhp you can buy used on day 694)...7 hours into it, on 3/overtake, and 2 laps ahead going on 3. 👍

runs only 6 laps on medium tyres, but gains 40 seconds during those six laps so when they pit every nine, my AI pulls ahead (not necessary after first round of stops since so large a gap)

and word of advice: be careful adjusting gearing and aero on this car...i took off some front and rear wing and raised the final drive a bit for higher speed on the straight, and now its gone from hitting 216@17,600 to struggling to top 204 (just my stupidity though :guilty: )

Won this race this morning with my Minolta Toyota. I won by 4 laps. I had Hard tyres in front, Super Hard in the back. I pitted every 6 laps. I didn't have the Sauber Mercedes and the 787B against me, so I won. :)

787b? :odd: It's the Sauber and Minolta cars you have to worry about... well, and that stupid GT40 because it's spins out so damn much right in front of you. :rolleyes:

VipFREAK
787b? :odd: It's the Sauber and Minolta cars you have to worry about... well, and that stupid GT40 because it's spins out so damn much right in front of you. :rolleyes:

I beat the other Minolta Toyota by 4 laps. The 787B was in front all the time, along with the Sauber Mercedes.:)

I got one question about the AI and the straights! No matter what HP the car has 1200, 800, 700 etc down the straights the AI just wont go over 211mph!! Why? What can i do to actualy make him/her go faster. Also i found several times when the AI tries to overtake his hits the wall then continues to try and drive into it and ends up slowing down to 30MPH before the wheels point back out towards the straight and he continues!! So anoying! B-Spec is great but the AI is crap!

has anyone got the setup for this race with B-spec and F1 car? I am thinking about raising the F1 car a bit and adjusting the gear, that's all ...

I too decided to enter the Le Mans 24h endurance together with my usually quite trust-worthy co driver "Tiff". Tifff has in the past proven a great help in driving the car when I have to take a break (he is currently at something like 6500 points) so I considered him as a must for this challenging race!

I thought I'd take the first stint myself and settled into the car and started lap one. I was slightly destracted by the airplanes flying by in formation over head but soon focused on the race track again. Well then. I opted for hard racing tyres in front and super hard in the rear as my car is hugely over powered with 1200 odd hp. However I might have over looked this fact when telling my racing engineer to set the TCS to 1-2. This being my usual setting for car above say 500 hp I didn't give it a second thought, ignoring my engineer's warnings..

First lap was eventful as that vintage Ford was more of an obstacle than real competition. He spun out in turn 3, almost causing a pile-up with the entire field. I very narrowly escaped being hit by him as he re-joined the track, still sideways. Now the real racing began. I quickly saw that the Sauber C9 and the Silk-Cut Jaguar were going to be my only competition. However as I can get the car above 400 km/h on Mulsanne they are easy to pass..

But now I realised my mistake. There was NO way I could get the tyres to last more than 4 laps and on the latter half of the 4th lap the rear tyres are bright red and I have to limp into the pits after exiting Mulsanne.. Decided to pit every 3 laps and I still pull away from the pack but if I'd only listned to warnings!

After a short first stint I decided to take a break and hand the car over to Tiff to see how he handled it only to be horrified! Tiff was obviously out binge-drinking alst night as he couldn't seem to keep the car on the road! On the Mulsanne straight he refused to puch the car past 330 km/h irrespective of what his engineer shouted over the team radio. Tiff also at one point mistook the track for the one with chickanes and hit the wall doing 300 and didn't realise his mistake until he was down to 40. Disaster! I called him in after just 2 laps and took the wheel myself. After another 15 laps or so I had taken a comfortable lead of 90 seconds and now decided to give Tiff another chance after forcing him to drink several cups of coffe to sober up.. After a few laps he is still considerable slower than me but it is at least satisfactory, lapping 3.15 where I do it in 3.05 roughly..

I've read here that drunken co drivers is quite common and was wondering if anyone had found a way to stop them from misbehaving? Oh well.. Two hours into the race, here's hoping for the best!

Cheers!

EDIT: Almost 5 hours in and Tiff has shaped up a slightly.. He's still seriously hung over though... I'm now in a commanding lead of 1 lap and 30 something seconds and Tiff has driven perhaps 50 of the 85 laps. I'm beginning to get confident that I'll win, even without me behind the wheel. Might try to increase the ride-hight next time though..

EDIT 2: Now 6 hours in. Have done most since last edit myself to gain back a bit of what Tiff has lost. He doesn't hit the wall as often now but still.. Although. I get 4 laps out of a set of tyres if I limit myself to 370 roughly on Mulsanne, Tiff gets 6 laps. Is the top speed the tyre killer? Weird..

EDIT 3: 8 hours in and Tiff is satisfactory I guess.. He just wont push the car on the straights but I guess we'll still win.. Had Tiff driving now for the last 2 hours and we pull away from the Silk-cut Jaguar and the Sauber C9 slightly but steadily with each lap..

I've heard that increasing the ride height might help. Dunno if that really helps though. I've already won that race, luckily. Had the same probs as you. But I couldn't win from the Sauber Mercedes and 787B, so I did a race without them, and I won by 4 laps.

With no tuning, I drove laps of 3m09 with my R92CP, in 5 laps, I had a lead of 45 secs, then I put it on B-spec, but 20 laps later my lead was gone. And the AI drove lap times of 3m16 or so, 8-9 secs slower than I do. Even with 1200+ BHP, my Minolta Toyota only drove lap times of 3m11.

For comparison: I drove my Bentley Speed 8 Race Car without tuning, so with 797 BHP or so, just with a Free Run, and had a lap time of 3m06.613s, and that can be still improved.

So, B-spec sucks, the AI is slow. And only doing 340 km/h at the Hunaudieres straight, it's ridiculous. I do 380 km/h there, without tuning. So, with tuning, he must be capable of getting speeds well over 400 km/h... Still 2 24h Endurances to go, then I've done all long endurances and from then, my B-spec driver won't drive a serious meter anymore.

HELP HELP SOMEONE HELP please. I am B-spec'n the 24 hours at the 'ring and my car has all of a sudden slowed down. It's being really stupid. I don't know if it's the lack of oil changes since it has been going for like 11 hours already, but it's dumb. My car is slow as ever, and its the nissan z race car. I was winning by around 3 or 4 laps, and now im back to 1 lap ahead... I think it's the oil, but that's dumb you should be able to change the oil in long endurance races like these.

Hi guys,

IN B SPEC HOW CAN U SPEED UP THE GAME to X3 like someone said?????

ive just got 25% completin and one of my best cars is the zonda.....

Anytips on which is the first edurance i should do, ???? I will eventually get round to this one 24 lemans but i dont have the right car yet?

Thanks 👍 :)

Latest Posts

Back