Circuit de la Sarthe 24hr II (without chicane's)

///M-Power
The Peugeot 905 LM with 670 bhp reached 405 km/h, or roughly 252 mph, in 1991 (although some say the 1988 WM P88 holds the record at 406 km/h), but with barely any downforce. If you want to go for maximum top speed on the Hunaudieres then, removing downforce might help, though it would of corse slow you down after Arnage.

How is that possible, by '91 the Hunaudieres was chicaned. And I ran with minimum downforce, that still seems to be too high.

My mistake, it was the P88 in 1988 at 406 km/h, after all. The Peugeot bit must have come from an incorrect source, since, correct, the chicanes were there by then...

Final Update.
I won with the Audi R8 Race Car 01'
set at 3 and overtakeand now all my endurance races are finished. :) 👍

Got a Lap at Practice, in World Cirtuits session. The lap was made in my ~1130hp Nissan R89C , and the lap time was 2"46.406 but i know it could be like 2"45 or 44...i am going to get it.

Top speed of about 484 km/h, depending of how i get the car in straight, i can set 490 km/h.

BTW, i have the replay video here. Low res as 15 MB sized and High Res as 34 MB sized. If someone could help me at hosting that or just want it, i can send. :D

I still have some ways to go, doing a relatively slow 250 mph tops and hovering around the 2:55 mark. Then again, I have not spent much time at the track yet, and I am still having some difficulties getting the DF to work at those speeds anyway.

GuyNamedJohn
Yo.

Uhm, this Circuit la Sarthe thing is Le Mans, right?

So... so why couldn't they just call it Le Mans?

:confused:
The Circuit isn't Le Mans.

As Fruitcake said, its the town. Its also the name of the EVENT held there in June.

People mix the event up with the course much to often.

I drove the Sauber at Sarthe without chicane with driving force few days ago
it shaked like crazy but I had so much fun ...

I love this course. For the 24H endurance I used the gran turismo Formula F1. With a top speed of around 340km/h it's only a tad slower than the LM race cars on the straight but I finished the race 20 laps ahead of the guy in second :sly:

I've got a simple question, I'm about to do La Sarthe 24hr II and I've narrowed the choice down to 4 cars: Peugeot 905, Jaguar XJR-9 (Silk Cut), Nissan R92CP, and MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V. So the question is, which one of these 4 cars should I use?

torque998
I've got a simple question, I'm about to do La Sarthe 24hr II and I've narrowed the choice down to 4 cars: Peugeot 905, Jaguar XJR-9 (Silk Cut), Nissan R92CP, and MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V. So the question is, which one of these 4 cars should I use?

Unfortunately, the Peugeot 905 is extremely unstable at high speed. Forget that one.

I don't have the other three, but I know the 92 and 88 are both jets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 92 gets better tire wear.

I don't know if you've looked at them, but the Audi R8 and both the Pescarolos may be better choices than any of the above. All three are super-fast. The '03 Pescarolo seems to get particularly good tire life, by the way. All three of these cars can be purchased. Just B-Spec spam the DTM race for 5,000,000 and pick one up. They're great with stock suspension. Just turn off ASM and go.

torque998

Use the MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V. Go in the tune shop and put turbo-4 on it. The car will than have about 1200hp. And use the Racing-1 tires. Put B-spec mode on overtake and once and a while check the progress of your driver. If all goes well you should finish 1st a couple of laps ahead of number 2. ( If you used the MINOLTA allot make sure the do a body refresh plan and also equip it with a roll cage)

I did this race with the Audi R8. I started out with RMedium tires which gave me a good enough lead to pit and switch to RHard tires without loosing the lead.

I finished 12 laps ahead of 2nd place and 96 laps ahead of the 69' GT 40 Race care...man, I'm starting to get pissed they keep putting an american car as the weak lap car in these races!

Oh yeah, this was with my crappy B-spec driver. :dopey:

has anyone raced this in a-spec mode....i am going to try it this weekend with a friend and see if we can do it....the pause button is always there so if we need to go for lunch, dinner or breakfast. but it would be nice to have 3 people do it and switch and race at the pits non stop, i havent really done any bspec just cause i find it boring. What you guys think? 👍 👎 or am i just :crazy:

P_Thomas22
has anyone raced this in a-spec mode....i am going to try it this weekend with a friend and see if we can do it....the pause button is always there so if we need to go for lunch, dinner or breakfast. but it would be nice to have 3 people do it and switch and race at the pits non stop, i havent really done any bspec just cause i find it boring. What you guys think? 👍 👎 or am i just :crazy:
Hey if that's your cup of tea then by all means go for it. I'm not willing to take the abuse of a 24 hour race so I'm more then happy to B-spec it at 3x the speed while I do other things.

Maybe I might do a 24 hour race in GT5 if you can race day through night, like the real thing...and if you can save it at a pit stop and continue some other time. I wouldn't want to sit through more then 4 hours a day of the same lap and wouldn't want to leave the PS2 on for a week either.

Good luck with the race on A-spec! Tell us how it goes.

GuyNamedJohn
Yo.

Uhm, this Circuit la Sarthe thing is Le Mans, right?

So... so why couldn't they just call it Le Mans?

:confused:

Because the term "Le Mans" is copyrighted when in a race context (like Formula 1 or Nascar). That's why it gets abbreviated as LM sometimes.

I've racing on these two courses for the past day, and I love them both! They're becoming my most favorite new track/course of GT4. Amalfi is high up there, too.

I often race the last Gran Turismo World Championship race, which is the Le Mans course, over and over again. I race it with a either a bone-stock CLK GTR or Toyota 88C-V. Good for a 13+ second victory.

flamingwonky
It's a shame the AI for B-Spec is such a wuss. On 2-lap races in equal cars, he would never try to cut to the inside or overbrake someone...noooo he'd rather just lose the damn race. I hate B-Spec. :yuck:

Agreed, B-Spec is just a waste of space on the disc. I atleast thought the driver would be clever, but I frequently pull out faster laps round the Nurburgring than the Driver in B-Spec, cos he always crashes. That might be cos his speed gauge thing is on 4 or 5 though. Stupid bugger computer driver. Why couldn't they take B-Spec out all together so you have to do a 24hr race in A-Spec? They could've had more cars instead of B-Spec :grumpy:

McLaren F1GTR
The Circuit isn't Le Mans.

As Fruitcake said, its the town. Its also the name of the EVENT held there in June.

People mix the event up with the course much to often.

and "La Sarthe" is not the name of the circuit.

The french territory is divised in 96 areas called "département".
(like states for USA).

"La Sarthe" is the "département" where Le Mans is located.

The track has no name. It's "le circuit du Mans" or "le circuit des 24h du Mans". :)

DankBuds
...man, I'm starting to get pissed they keep putting an american car as the weak lap car in these races!

There are things like this throughout the game. The developers diss American cars every chance they get.

Back