100000 Club

• Thread starter route_66
  • 725 comments
Moloch_horridus
I think I can safely conclude that I will make the 100,000 Club but well never be a member of the much more exclusive 111,000 Club due mostly to a lack of skill (111,814 just doesn't make for a good name, sorry). I am wondering what those who are in it consider to be the hardest maximum a-spec events. My nominations to date would have to include:

- Tourist Trophy at Tokyo R246 - I will never get more than 190 here
- Elise Trophy at Tokyo R246 - I have tried many times for 199 points and get close but never quite there, and for only 199!!
- the 1 Series Trophy for 200 and the Crossfire Trophy for 182 would also be pushing it just a bit far for my meagre skills
- almost anything at Driving Park: Motor Sports Land II - only decent fun I have had here was in the 206 Cup.

I am guessing that both the World Classic Car Series and the World Compact Car Race may be somewhere near the top of the list as well.

Thats not a bad list can't rember 1 series trophy being that hard. Crossfire trophy round super speedway was a pain. Motor sports land all races take all driving aids off and round the tight hairpin aim for the bit of grass between the gravel and the road, blip the accelerator and spin the rear end round the corner and then it all seems much easier.
I found 1000 miles Nurburgring to be one of the hardest and Suzuki Concept at Tsukuba.

ANK
Thats not a bad list can't rember 1 series trophy being that hard. Crossfire trophy round super speedway was a pain. Motor sports land all races take all driving aids off and round the tight hairpin aim for the bit of grass between the gravel and the road, blip the accelerator and spin the rear end round the corner and then it all seems much easier.
I found 1000 miles Nurburgring to be one of the hardest and Suzuki Concept at Tsukuba.

I'll have to agree with ANK on 1000 miles and Suzuki Concept (I particularly hated this one). Also, World Classics, Nissan Club 'Z' and Japanese 80's. And anything at Fuji 80's/Tokyo/Super Speedway/Motegi West......big straights + slow car = no fun.

Moloch_horridus
I think I can safely conclude that I will make the 100,000 Club but well never be a member of the much more exclusive 111,000 Club due mostly to a lack of skill (111,814 just doesn't make for a good name, sorry). I am wondering what those who are in it consider to be the hardest maximum a-spec events. My nominations to date would have to include:

- Tourist Trophy at Tokyo R246 - I will never get more than 190 here
- Elise Trophy at Tokyo R246 - I have tried many times for 199 points and get close but never quite there, and for only 199!!
- the 1 Series Trophy for 200 and the Crossfire Trophy for 182 would also be pushing it just a bit far for my meagre skills
- almost anything at Driving Park: Motor Sports Land II - only decent fun I have had here was in the 206 Cup.

I am guessing that both the World Classic Car Series and the World Compact Car Race may be somewhere near the top of the list as well.

I strongly doubt I'll ever get to the 111,000 club either. Just don't have the desire. Sitting at 105,000 now. Will probably hit 106, maybe 107 and that's likely to be it. Doing those long Endurances just don't appeal to me.

I can somewhat comment on the worst... it's the one's I can't do! :sly:

- I really didn't think World Classic was that hard. That one is just annoying because you have to wade through all the lineups to get there.
- World Compact wasn't that bad. HINT: Use the Mitsubishi i w/S3s and stay away from the Clio
- I don't remember the BMW 1 Series being hard either. That was for 176 (on N1s + 200kg)
- Elise Trophy at Tokyo? Again, I don't remember it being that bad... Maybe that's the one where I had to nail the leader in the first corner to stand a chance?
FWIW, I used the Type 72 on N3s. The Motorsport started 4th.

One's I think are bad
- Crossfire Trophy at Super Speedway. I did actually manage on N1s with some "wall-smacking" but it sucked.
- Saleen S7. Maybe it's not so bad if you can wear the engine out to the point of using N2s instead of N1s? I didn't bother wearing the engine down and I couldn't deal with anything Less that N2s. And even then some "creative" driving was involved. OTOH, I don't need nitrous to win with N3s and 200kg.
- Aston Martin at Autumn Ring and Hong Kong. Maybe I can do it. Don't know. Anything less than N3s was painful and those courses are so tight it's difficult to use nitrous.
- Like you said about Driving Park... Managed MGF and the Copen race, but not the K-Car
- Mini at New York.

And the WORST of the WORST!
- Tourist Cup + VW GTi Cup + Hyundai Sports - I just can't deal with ANY of these cars on N1s.
- Suzuki Concepts - I could barely manage that car on S1s!!!

Well... that's my list of :yuck: :ill: 👎 :nervous: 🤬 races...

Or should that be :dunce: races? :lol:

Damn Mini at New York - was trying that the other day, tried for 135 points (nope), tried many times for 119 points (nope) - closest I have come to doing damage to the machine - had to go and cool off for a while. 200 points for this race, you have got to be kidding. That is one replay I would love to see. I have taken 200 at Clubman Stage Route 5 but that is the track I have had the most success - there is no way I can see to use that setup at New York. I assume that 3 Cooper Ss is the most that will ever show up?

VW GTi Cup + Hyundai Sports - damn, thought that might be the case, two series I have not yet attempted.

Moloch_horridus
Damn Mini at New York - was trying that the other day, tried for 135 points (nope), tried many times for 119 points (nope) - closest I have come to doing damage to the machine - had to go and cool off for a while. 200 points for this race, you have got to be kidding. That is one replay I would love to see. I have taken 200 at Clubman Stage Route 5 but that is the track I have had the most success - there is no way I can see to use that setup at New York. I assume that 3 Cooper Ss is the most that will ever show up?

VW GTi Cup + Hyundai Sports - damn, thought that might be the case, two series I have not yet attempted.

Yes, 3 S' is max for the Mini. I did a 181p for New York. S1/S3 tires + a chip was just enough. But it was still very hard. I did have one significant benefit. My 4th lineup had 3 S' but the regular Cooper was in the pole! It's just enough to get into the lead and block. No, I don't think that will work with the Cooper-S in the pole. It's too much to overcome.

Ehhh... yeah... GTi and Hyundai are horrible cars on N1s. Wheelspin!

Well... now that I kind of have my laptop working again it's time to quit screwing around and post the confirmation of reaching 100,000+ :dopey:

I'm a little bit farther along than the picture but not much...

105935_points.jpg

jdw
Well... now that I kind of have my laptop working again it's time to quit screwing around and post the confirmation of reaching 100,000+ :dopey:

I'm a little bit farther along than the picture but not much...
Well done :bowdown:

I see you have not yet gotten around to wearing out any cars yet - it is a long and painful process.

How is the guide coming along? Would love to have a look at it again - has been a long time since I saw the last version, I assume a lot will have changed.

Moloch_horridus
Well done :bowdown:

I see you have not yet gotten around to wearing out any cars yet - it is a long and painful process.

How is the guide coming along? Would love to have a look at it again - has been a long time since I saw the last version, I assume a lot will have changed.

Thank you very much!

Dude, I for one am not doing the "wearing out" cars thing. I won't be trying for the game's max points. Just doesn't interest me. Perhaps if I was willing to ASpec the 24hr Endurance races I'd consider it. But really have no desire to ASpec those. Certainly respect those who do, but it's not for me. :ill:

So... FWIW and should anyone care 💡

Here's a brief list of the points I have left. I calculate a max of 110,627 points if I don't bother to wear out any cars. To get those I'd need the following:

191p -- crumbs leftover in Aston Martin, Clubman, French Champ, GTWC, Lightweight K, Boxer and Festa
34p -- Special Condition Normal
331p -- Special Condition Hard
369p -- ASpecced Endurance Races (actually I've already picked some of these up)
497p -- PD Cup
450p -- Formula GT
------
That's 1872p so far. I might pick some of these up.

Now for the points that I am unlikely to bother with:
800p -- 1000 Miles
1600 -- B-Specced Enduros (all those >= 4h except Nurb 4h)
-----
2400p right there

82p -- Saleen S7 (191)
23p -- Mini
60p -- Hyundai (149)
87p -- Tourist (190)
72p -- GTi Cup (188)
4p -- Type R
15p -- Suzuki K- Car (178)
68p -- Suzuki Concepts
----
411p - the truly painful points.

So, I could see myself getting 107, maybe 108 but that's probably it. I'm more interested in the idea of having a 75,000p game with all stock cars. May be a while before I decide to take that plunge.

Yes, that guide thingy.... you mean the one I've been talking about completing for the last 3 months right? :guilty: :dopey:

Yeah, well. Nearly all the races are done. It does have all the AI lists (short of the Special Conditions) done. The First Lineups for every race was added. Downforce list is complete. Going to start going through the lists and provide alternative 200p cars for each race. Still need to completely redo all the opening drivel.

The only other thing I was considering was AI lap times and pit strategies for the Endurances. Just for the strongest competitors that is.

In any case I'll get a copy to you very soon.

Oh, and I have yet to change to your more standardized parts acronyms. That's on the to do list as well.

Bloody Hell!!! This will be bigger than Ben Hur! Can't wait :nervous:

It's is interesting to see which races people have considered hard - even Route_ had a couple that had me scratching my head (Club Z and Motegi West) as I had no trouble that I can remember.

I very much like the stock car idea - I think I am missing out on a lot by only driving highly modified cars, esp dt/susp, as the original character of the car is lost. But 75,000, that will be a big ask - no more NOS 👍 , no more custom trannies 👍 .

Great game, so many options for things to do, I just have to get a second tv for the house :dopey:

Well done jdw 👍 👍
I can not really blame you for stoping at 110,000. Wearing the cars out and some of final races were a bit of a pain.
Hey Moloch_horridus how many points you got now?

Hi Guys, I am not going max-out either, I think I'll just stay at a round 100,000 and that is still some way off. At the moment I am just maxing out races where I already have high scores in the non-manufacturer halls so my score is increasing slowly at the moment, now close to 55,000.

My big gains will be in the man' halls because I did those first when I strated the game, and I wasn't too fussy in the early days...

Steven

wilsonk
I have 103,033 miles on my 85 RX-7, does that mean I can join the 100000 club?

dude/ dudett did you read the first page is for 100000 A-Spec points not miles :dopey:

good try if it was meant to be sarcastic :dopey: :indiff: :D :D :D

ANK
Well done jdw 👍 👍
I can not really blame you for stoping at 110,000. Wearing the cars out and some of final races were a bit of a pain.
Hey Moloch_horridus how many points you got now?
I have just ticked past 79,000 - I have been spending a lot of time going back cleaning up series where I was short a few points, and wearing out cars. All this is just about done so I can start accumulating some big points again soon. I still have not touched extreme hall and have all the dirt rallies to go so I am expecting to join the club some time soon 👍

EDIT: 22 Aug - almost at 89,000, 81%. 110,000 is still achievable but that last 20% will probably take longer than the first 80.

Gentry Coach
Welcome RIGESP!!! 👍 Are you going for more or satisfied to reach the 100,000 mark?

Thanks guys

Satisfied for now im having a break for a bit and then ive got 1000miles, F1GT, Real Circuit Tours and all enduro's left to do. Don't think ill go as far as engine wear but I think 110000 is possible.

joseph dobson
how on earth do u get 100,000 a spec points, i'm 100% complete but i only have 77703 a spec points!
I did the same thing....You just re-enter races/events, apply more handicaps to your car, and go for more points.

attachment.php

I entered the Triumph Races and I adjusted the ballast to get exactly enough points for 100 K. I was tempted to go for 99,999 and exclaim: "So close, yet so far", but decided against this. I will leave A-Spec at 100,000 even, and my next goal is to get B-Spec to 10,000 on this, my only game to date.

(Please don't ask about the two losses....my nephew is fortunate to be alive after pitting on a 5 lap race in the DTM....TWICE.)

Attachments

• GT4100K.JPG
    GT4100K.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 269
Congrat's RIGESP and TigJackson on getting in the club! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I love how Tig played to 100,000 a nice round number, unlike my crappy 111,807. I am stuck with the :censored:ing Copen race only giving me 164 points and I should be getting 166 :banghead: . My car (the AT) shows 57 HP on the sell sheet and 58 on the garage list.

Any guys with the North American version ( What is it PAL, NTS-FU? :D ) GT4 get 166 points in the Copen Race???

Help me please guys! My Copen has over 25000 miles at red line and if I keep running my PS2 will grenade! :scared:

TigJackson
I will leave A-Spec at 100,000 even, and my next goal is to get B-Spec to 10,000 on this, my only game to date.

(Please don't ask about the two losses....my nephew is fortunate to be alive after pitting on a 5 lap race in the DTM....TWICE.)

SWEET! :D 👍

You've been hovering near 100k for a while eh Tig?
Congrats for putting that goal behind you.

Moloch: I do believe that means you're next :sly:

Still a couple slots left for the 1st 10 known in gtplanet to reach 100k. And what do these intrepid people win Alex? Why... a string of these kick ass smileys is what! :dopey: :) 👍 :sly:

:lol:

jdw
Moloch: I do believe that means you're next :sly:
At 92,864 - not too many easy/short races left. Have just started the GTWC for 200 points a pop but am stuck on that damned speedway. After that all I have is everything in Extreme Hall, the JGT Championship and a lot of enduros.

The wife is going away for a week soon so I hope to get the rest then - life will not be the same.

Moloch_horridus
At 92,864 - not too many easy/short races left. Have just started the GTWC for 200 points a pop but am stuck on that damned speedway. After that all I have is everything in Extreme Hall, the JGT Championship and a lot of enduros.

The wife is going away for a week soon so I hope to get the rest then - life will not be the same.

Awww... man that's nothing!

So, you got less than 8k left? Based on the numbers I'd say you're set to pass me pretty easily. Sounds like you DID get a lot of the hardest (albeit short) races behind you.

GTWC - Just skip the speedway if you have to. Best bet there is definitely the 787B w/o oil on R1s. And if it's a problem use R2s! Of course, I can't recall. Do they pit on SS? But I wouldn't worry about getting stuck on it. What car are you using?

2k for GTWC. 2k for JGTC (it's not that hard). There's 11,800 in Extreme Hall most of which isn't terribly difficult to get. Forget about F1 for the moment (so -3K).

That should easily put you above 105K before even contemplating the longer races. :dopey:

Piece of cake. :D

Any sub 4H enduros left?

Latest Posts

Back