Arcade Lancia Stratos Rally Car 77
0% power 272bhp
and -10 weight 792kg
In menu choose Hard tyres (R2's) and set AI to +10
when in Pre Grid menu Choose (R5's) SS (SuperSoft) Tyres
Set laps at 3 in Options
Any top speed setting

Save your best 'CLEAN' replay
100% No wall contacts at all or restart!
100% No AI contacts or restart! ... Unless they hit you up the ass which is the only allowance!

Feel free to discuss all sectors
'Do not discuss total laptimes and Total Racetime'
Please PM your final time to me before the deadline
Deadline = 12:00 noon GMT Saturday 29th April

-SCHEDULE-
ARCSchedule.jpg

hmmmm ... the stratos is one mother to drive, nice challenge tho.
clubman is full of sweeping corners. one round for drifterboy?
how about tcs, free to use or nonoptional?
also, are we allowed more weight for stability?
have fun and lets hope gtp wont get offline again.

StevenDeRuig
how about tcs, free to use or nonoptional?
also, are we allowed more weight for stability?
have fun and lets hope gtp wont get offline again.

Assists are your choice on or off 👍
as for the car weight it must be the same as all other drivers the same with HP ... both as stated in the details above ;)
Cheers :)

Damn, that some challenge you got for us this week, Ron. :crazy:

Getting clean hotlaps is hard enough. 3 of them seems wild. Then add some AI and hell breaks loose. :scared:

But I already have the first clean one in the bag: :D

Lap 1:

Lap 2:

Lap 3:

My tactics. Stay away from (read: behind) the AI. :dopey:

Another Hour and another clean one. :D

Found a faster line up, where I lost less staying behind. A-spec points: 100. :dopey:

On the last lap I passed both the AMG and the RS200. I'm such a daredevil. :lol:

Lap 1:

Lap 2:

Lap 3:

NielsG
Another Hour and another clean one. :D

Found a faster line up, where I lost less staying behind. A-spec points: 100. :dopey:

On the last lap I passed both the AMG and the RS200. I'm such a daredevil. :lol:
seem like pretty fast times to me already.
any directions to get 2 consecutive clean laps other than staying behind ai?
eg do you drift corners, break early or late, top speed setting, aids setting etc.?
taa (or whats thanks in danish, its 'dankjewel' in dutch)

Hrm ... I thought I was doing well, but now I'm worried that I've gotten something mixed up :confused: I'm running 0% power, -10% weight, R5 Tires, 240kph gearing, 89 A-Spec Pts and I've been seeing 17.1 / 31.1 for the two hot laps (my clean save is still a bit slower).

My AI field is:
Wedsport Celica
Peugot 205 Rally Car '85
Renault 5 Rally Car
Ford RS200 Rally Car
Toyota RSC Rally Car

I pass the RSC and the RS200 inside on the right-hander after the tunnel. Pass the Renault and Peugot on the exit of the hairpin (getting past the Renault is tough) and pass the Wedsport on the exit of the last corner, then it's clear sailing ...

StevenDeRuig
seem like pretty fast times to me already.
any directions to get 2 consecutive clean laps other than staying behind AI?
eg do you drift corners, break early or late, top speed setting, aids setting etc.?
taa (or whats thanks in danish, its 'dankjewel' in dutch)

Close. It's "Tak" in Danish. :)

I'm certainly not the right one to ask for advice here, but I'll give it a try anyway.

When I was hot-lapping I had my top speed at 250, but during racing I lowered it to 310. I haven't tested at all if that specific figure is the best one, but I feel a lower gearing makes the Stratos more stable. Or should I say, less unstable. ;)

I have to be very careful and smooth in my driving to avoid losing control. That means early AND gentle braking. I try not to brake or even let go of the throttle, while I'm turning. That's fatal for me. Sometimes it has help me to "pump" the brake or brake in several "tempos" instead of one long braking. And the same when lifting the throttle. Instead of just lifting I have been "pumping" the throttle, as a sudden lift together with a slight turn has killed several races for me.

I have been trying driving with the Aids on, but I didn't feel any difference, so I dropped them again. :dopey:

I know some of the fast guys can gain time on drifting in a few selected turns. But for us slow and less skilled racers, I believe it's always faster to maintain the grip. That doesn't mean I never drift, just that I never do it on purpose. :D

But note that all the above is only a matter of survival. I haven't got a clue on, how you can go fast in this car. :ouch:

AI line up:

Wedsport Celica
Renault 5 maxi turbo
Ford RS200 Rally Car
Toyota RSC Rally Car
AMG Mercedes

In my first race I had the same line up as Luke.

after two hours of practice i came up with a saveable clean lap.
i don't yet get to pass the ai - too tricky for me as sidetouches are not allowed this time. but practice makes perfect so i will keep trying.
the lancia is by far not as difficult as i feared and so is the track.
settings: aids on / 230 top / 84 a-points.
no aids makes the car too tailhappy for me. sorry asm can't be turned on without tcs.

----------t1-------t2---
lap 1---25.167---40.933
lap 2---19.793---35.363
lap 3---19.953---35.757

btw niels 'taa' is australian for thanks, wasn't trying to talk danish :)
EDIT sorry guys for publishing laptimes, i messed up laptime with t3's which don't exist here.

Luxy
Hrm ... I thought I was doing well, but now I'm worried that I've gotten something mixed up :confused: I'm running 0% power, -10% weight, R5 Tires, 240kph gearing, 89 A-Spec Pts and I've been seeing 17.1 / 31.1 for the two hot laps (my clean save is still a bit slower).

My AI field is:
Wedsport Celica
Peugot 205 Rally Car '85
Renault 5 Rally Car
Ford RS200 Rally Car
Toyota RSC Rally Car

I pass the RSC and the RS200 inside on the right-hander after the tunnel. Pass the Renault and Peugot on the exit of the hairpin (getting past the Renault is tough) and pass the Wedsport on the exit of the last corner, then it's clear sailing ...

Yep same here mate pass the Celica turning onto the last corner of lap 1 👍 just gotta get a decent line up that will allow you to weave your way through the traffic at full speed :) .... they always take the same lines anyway ;) I have TCS ON and here's the line up I use ...

Celica Wedsport
Peugot Rally Car
Renault 5 Maxi
Ford RS200
AMG Mercedes

👍

That's the same AI I have gotten also Luke. 89 A-spec points, and I am seeing 30.8 to 31.0 T2 on the hotlaps. Pass the Celica on the last turn of L1, just like Ron said. No aids, and stock gearing. The shift points just didn't feel good at lower than 260km gearing to me. Had a really good session going last night, and was just starting to get the feel for it, when my lap times got worse and worse suddenly. Come to find out, my DFP throttle is flakey at the top end, so I was losing up to 1.5 secs. a lap. Time for a little pedal surgery! :lol:

Thanks to Luke and Ron for all the passing and AI tips. And to Steve for the "staying alive in the tunnel" tip. :cheers:

After 50 restarts I managed both to pass the AI AND come home clean. :D
Last lap was both slow and very ugly, because of a shaky old rubber thumb, so I have to do it at least once more. :dopey:

Lap 1:

Lap 2:

Lap 3:

And 7.5 seconds off at the line. :eek: :D

AI line up was the one Ron suggested. 👍

how the **** does anyone pass ai clean? if i try to pass they bump into me sideways (unclean) and if i stay behind my times are too slow, even with a 101 pts rac (probably the points say something about the other fastest car, not the other slowest car).
i found another 0,5 second off the t-times below but that's not enough ...

Well I attempted to do a session last night, but my pedals are still acting up. Very frustrating. :grumpy: I will have a good race going and all of a sudden the throttle just turns off completely. Probably going to need a new pedal set, or at least new pots cause all the little fix it tricks aren't working. :indiff:
But I did manage to get a half decent race saved afterall. The AI lineup Ron listed is definitely the best. 👍 There is a line through the AI that is nigh impossible, but if someone hits it perfect, they will have a 1 to 1.5 second advantage on the first lap! I couldn't get it clean yet, but will give it another go if the pedals cooperate. :dopey: I didn't write down my splits, but T2's were something like 37.6, 31.0, 31.1.

Nice splits Niels!👍 Sjaak will have his work cut out for him this week.
Hang in there StevenD. You will get it. :)

MinorShunt
Nice splits Niels!👍 Sjaak will have his work cut out for him this week.

Thanks. :) I sure hope you're right.

Right now he's threatning me with a theoretical time 3 second faster than mine. :scared:
But it might very well be, because he hasn't got anything clean yet. :P ;)

NielsG
he hasn't got anything clean yet. :P ;)

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Clean with an unbelievable escape in the tunnel in lap 3.

This are he's splits

23.684-17.779-18.358
38.323-32.081-32.371

In den beginne (old Dutch) I had little hope in this combo but again you found a thriller,Mr R(ally)

Mooi splits ouwe ouwe racer. 👍

But I also had a little session this evening. :sly:

Lap 1:

Lap 2:

Lap 3:

And another 3.75 off at the line. :dopey: :D

Edit: Oh and btw. All the setups is like in my previous race.

NielsG
Mooi splits ouwe ouwe racer. 👍

well dank je wel (if its for me) but i never seem to pass the ai cleanly. do all of you do so without sideway touches to ai? i'm beginning to think my gt4 is a different version from all others, or maybe that i am built differently :ill:

StevenDeRuig
well dank je wel (if its for me) but i never seem to pass the ai cleanly. do all of you do so without sideway touches to ai? i'm beginning to think my gt4 is a different version from all others, or maybe that i am built differently :ill:

Use the AI line up Ron posted. 👍

I pass the AMG and the RS200 in the first fast right turn after the tunnel. The Renault coming out of the next left and the Peugeot in the "almost straight" after that. Finally I take the Wedsport on the main straight just before the finish line.

It takes me a lot of restarts to get clean pass the AI, and then some more restarts, when I mess up in the tunnel, or the following right or the......:dopey:

If you got a MAX-drive I can mail you my replay. Then you can see how I pass them. :)

Didn't have a chance to get in a second session, so I'm sticking with my slow clean lap from last Saturday :guilty:

?.??/37.9
17.3/31.4
17.4/31.5

Submitted.

See you guys for the next round :)

Time submitted. Didn't come back to it again, but after a very difficult start, I'm very happy with my time.

Even though I ended enjoying it somewhat, I must admit I'm looking forward to some uncomplicated hot-lapping in the next race. :D Hope it'll be on a nice open track. ;)

Good luck to the rest of you. :)

What kind of AI lineup are you using Steve? I seemingly tried them all and the best I have found has yielded 37.7/37.8. I did find one with no wedssport in front that I could get 37.6 but promptly was blocked by a puegot. I can't imagine what lineup could yield another 1 second :eek:

This lineup I have gotten a 36.8 once, and usually 37.1, but gave up on it because I can get it clean only by luck. Spent an hour on it tonight, and several times I was sure I had clean races only to find a slight touch in replay. So that's it for me. Using my save from the first session. My pedal is still flakey, and I've had enough. Maybe you can pull it off though Ben. 👍

Weds
peugot
rs200
rsc
merc

Believe it or not, the Weds is hardest for me to pass clean, but the rs200 bumps the rear quite often at the hairpin after t1.
Can't remember my splits exactly, but they are right around 37.8/31.2/31.1 I think. I'm really pretty disappointed in this, because my best race was 1.4 secs faster, and I came so close, but couldn't close the deal. :indiff:

Our times should be similar, my T-times were almost identical. My lap 1 was ok but the last 2 laps were .2 slower than they should have been. Submitting time now. I think I could have gone about a second overall faster but today was the first day I ran the race. I tried it last saturday but ran the wrong track :lol:.

Ok Round 4 is over and I will have the results up within the next hour 👍

Not a good round in way of submissions :indiff: including my own time there is only 8 drivers who have submitted 👎

Round 5 and the results for round 4 will be along soon :cheers:

r4resultsarc4.jpg

Congrats to Minorshunt for taking yet another win :cheers: ... this time just fractionally ahead of Iceman in 2nd :cool: Both with stunning laps way ahead of the pack 👍

Congrats also to everyone else who submitted a time this week :) obviously it was too hard for some to take on and top marks to those who stuck at it :sly:

Lets see some replays for this round and we can easily have them verified before the end of Round 5 as there is not many to view :cool:
Thanks again guys ....

.... this comp would be pointless if we all just sat out rounds that didn't appeal to us :ouch: people can come in here later and reply with excuses about how they were unavailable and life happens etc ... then I will just throw Ben at you as an example :P ... he raced on the final night even though he has other commitments at numerous boards and still produced the goods to take a podium finish :)

Anyone who wants to race ARC should race ARC! .... If you want a 1 week commitment event and come and go freely anytime ? ... then go take part in the WRS and dont waste my time updating no shows when the mood takes them 💡

Thanks for listening to my rant ;)

Back