Post some infos about your music instrument :)Music 

• Thread starter MugenVTEC
  • 69 comments
It's all guitars & percussion.......what about real insruments?????

No, I'm teasin'. :P

I actually play on a Kanstul 3 valve, 5/4 BBb Contrabass Tuba. Silver plated and sexy. Not your average highschool horn.

I useta have a DC 5 piece drumkit, with random beat-up cymbals, and a throne that had a short leg. Got rid of that guy 2 summers ago. My main focus is tuba now.

Edit: old thread.....

Fender Squire.
Fender_Squire.jpg

(Not mine, but identical)

crimson_menace
It's all guitars & percussion.......what about real insruments?????
I think my parents still have my old saxophone. Ain't been played in at least 10 years. They've probably forgotten about it, so I should go get it, pawn it, and use the money to buy more guitar equipment :sly:

Fender.

guitbid.jpg

- Not mine, but almost exactly like it. I also can do finger tapping on a table. I can play 5000+ song's by just tapping my fingers on a table with a rythim, no not made up songs, real songs made by professionls. Excuse my spelling, I just can't type today.

Right now I play a cheap Gibson Epiphone for an electric, and I have a classical guitar that I got from my old high school a couple years back. I mainly only play my classical when I'm at home, I'm saving up so I can get a better electric within a month or two.

i have an esp M-100, a boss MD-2, a LINE 6 spider II 212 150w amp....ummm, wat else.....a Bass, ESP C-10...with the standard M-15b bass amp, i have .10-.52 gauge strings on the guitar.....i also have some yamaha acoustic guitar thats worth over $600, dont know the name though...(shows my dedication)...lol

Picked her up this morning, I wish I had a better cam. And don't mind the haze or smoke in the 2nd pic.....

Here's a much better pic.

And finally a family picture...2 crappy guitars and a decent one.;)

I've got a cheap Stagg Flying V. It was cheap, but it's actually a decent guitar. Gigged with it a couple of times and it sounded fine. I'm hoping to get a Ibanez GSA60, Squier Tele, or Squier Jag soon, but I've not got an awful lot of money.

I took some pictures for a different site, but wanted to share. Will post some pics of my other instruments later:

The first set of pictures are of my 5 string Corvette Standard Fretless Bolt On, and the second set is of my 6 string Thumb Neck Through. Sorry I took so my pics, but I loves these guys... :)

Corvette Standard Bolt On, Fretless

Thumb Neck Through (SOLD)

👍 Thanks! Fenders are awesome guitars. I have a 4-string Jazz American Standard that I've posted in various places on GTP as well. Fenders definately have their place in my modest collection. Got a pic of your axe?

Well, I may not get this, but I have been looking at it for quite a while. It is a Dean Hardtail. My oh my, is it gorgeous.

:drool:

And it plays well too.

Dang, everyones got a nicer guitar than me.

All I got is a Silvertone Strat immitation. It plays quite nice though.

I also have a Yamaha YPT-300 (Porta-Tone) keyboard. Velocity sensitive keys, MIDI, and stuff.

Like the colour, ceiling_fan 👍

*Mutters* Why did I get a bloody Sunburst coloured guitar?

Funny you should mention the sunburst color. That happens to be my wife's favorite guitar color scheme. I tend to like the look of different woods. When I got my Fender J-Bass, I figured I would go for something different and got it in a Blonde finish. It's basically a semi-transparent white finish. From a distance it just looks white. Up close you can see all the wood grain from the swamp ash that was used on the body.

:cheers:

Looking at ceiling_fan's though I want mine in an exotic colour, is there such thing as a guitar re-spayers?

There are some Luthier's that can refinish your guitar for you. You can do it yourself, but if you've never done anything like that, you might want to do some serious research first.

Well, I've got a set of Pearl drums from 1982 ( they were my moms ) 5 peice, with Sabian cymbols all a round, in storage for now due to appartment. I've got a Oscar Schmidt 6 string accoustic I am hacking away with and a yamaha keyboard I am trying to teach myself. I grew up playing saxaphone but don't own one anymore ( pissed cause I pawned it in College for tuition...)

Thanks bro. A lot of hard playing and years of dedication rewarded me with those basses. :)

Right now I have a Drive Wildfire combo pack, and my Epiphone Dr-100 (Natural finish, Looks awesome) And tonight im ordering an Squier Telecaster.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Telecaster-Special?sku=515115

I wanted a fender, but money problems got in the way :(

for a little closer: I have Gibson Light strings on my DR-100, and ernie Ball Hybrids on my drive. I use yellow (forgot thickness) dunlap tortex pics, and Fender cables. I have a Drive 2 6 inch speaker combo amp that came with my wildfire, but i m getting a second hand Kustom combo amp, (Really big for a combo, and also Really really really loud for $100) I had a Danelectro Fab distortion pedle, but it broke on me. Eh, oh well.

Silverzone
Right now I have a Drive Wildfire combo pack, and my Epiphone Dr-100 (Natural finish, Looks awesome) And tonight im ordering an Squier Telecaster.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Telecaster-Special?sku=515115

I wanted a fender, but money problems got in the way :(

for a little closer: I have Gibson Light strings on my DR-100, and ernie Ball Hybrids on my drive. I use yellow (forgot thickness) dunlap tortex pics, and Fender cables. I have a Drive 2 6 inch speaker combo amp that came with my wildfire, but i m getting a second hand Kustom combo amp, (Really big for a combo, and also Really really really loud for $100) I had a Danelectro Fab distortion pedle, but it broke on me. Eh, oh well.

Right on! What kind of music to you plan on playing with that Tele? Great guitar for the money BTW! 👍

My main instrument is the drums but I can't think of the type I play. They suck, but they're good enough for practice. Backup instrument for when drums are just too loud to play is a dark colored Rogue acoustic / electric guitar. In my house other than my personal instruments, there are two keyboards (one is an 'electronic piano', thing is amazing to play.. Also functions as the main MIDI controller I use), a bunch of Acoustc and Acoustic Electric (I believe an Ovation, another Rogue, a Takamine, a Fender [small body style actoustic-electric], another one that I cannot think of the name, but it's my favorite other than mine, then another one I cannot think of the name, but it sucks), a Yamaha electric guitar, an Eqi bass guitar, and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.

But drums. Those are what I really like.

Back