Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Although they might be a little hard to picture on an EM2, once on there, they'll really make the Civic stand out in a crowd...Especially if you know your rims.

The problem with the Civic model (and no offense to anyone) but they're everywhere, and basically all look the same. Atleast with the rims Toyomatt is buying, his EM2 will stand out and be noticed (whether good or bad) and is definitely a conversation starter at any meet.

I'll say it again...BUY THEM!!!

I think either those mesh ones or the starks look fine... but these just wouldn't be right on a new car. I dont think they would even look good on an eg.

Perfect wheels for a crx. I dont think they fit the lines of the em2 as well.
I was about to say the same. It's really hard to picture them mentally on there...

Alright guys, I heard ya' the first time. No need to repeat yourselves on such a simple discussion. I already know my rims would better suit most people, if they were on an older chassis.

What do they weigh?

17.2lbs for the 16x8's. Pretty good for forged alloys from the late 80's.

Although they might be a little hard to picture on an EM2, once on there, they'll really make the Civic stand out in a crowd...Especially if you know your rims.

The problem with the Civic model (and no offense to anyone) but they're everywhere, and basically all look the same. Atleast with the rims Toyomatt is buying, his EM2 will stand out and be noticed (whether good or bad) and is definitely a conversation starter at any meet.

I'll say it again...BUY THEM!!!

I might buy them, will see how the money situation looks at the end of auction time. And, thanks for the more generous comments. :)

I think either those mesh ones or the starks look fine... but these just wouldn't be right on a new car. I dont think they would even look good on an eg.

Sigh, let it go guy, I know you're opinion on them already. And, it's fine that you have personal preferences of your own, that's what makes this world so diverse. ;)

Dammit guys, guess what I voted for in YSSMAN's Hot Hatch poll.

The Honda Civic. Read why if you want to.

pic_1_city.jpg

I agree that its a pretty cool car, but does it really compare to the EK Civic Type R?

4970822b_1.gif

pic_1_city.jpg

I agree that its a pretty cool car, but does it really compare to the EK Civic Type R?

4970822b_1.gif

To me, yes it does. I'd much rather have a 1.2L Turbo in a car weighing less than 1500lbs, than a 1.6L N/A in a car weighing over 2400lbs. But, then again, I've always been weird in my preferences (note: my rims are a great example).

Not sure if it is BMI or what but I'd have to say my fav BM Honda battle is the 2 litre Vtec battle featuring the Amuse S2000 R1, B20C Esprit EK9, and PHASE Accord Euro R.

The Accord put up a great first lap but eventually fell to the others. The EK9 was amazing and the video serves as an excellent example of what a tuned EK9 should sound like (very accurate compared to similarly tuned GT4 EKs). Finally, the Amuse S2K... Believe it or not, IT LOST!!!
I wasn't too suprised when I saw how fast the EK9 was but none the less, seeing the Amuse R1 lose to a Civic is a heck of a sight to see.

Then again, there was a bad moment for the R1 where revs dropped in the middle of the second lap and recovery from that took up the rest of the race (with the driver pushing too hard and ending up in minor error, which clinched the Civic's win).

In any case, it was a great battle. One of my favs from best motoring and probably my favorite honda battle ever. 👍

Off topic:
Did anyone see this month's car and driver?
A short section showed the new Civic Type R for japan (or maybe europe) and to my amazement, it is not going to have the same rear suspension as the US model... Instead it will be riding on a twist beam suspension, also commonly called a Torsion Beam suspension.
Anyone else read about that?
Quite a shocker if you ask me.

I hadn't heard that but thats a wtf moment. So now we have macpherson struts up front and a torsion beam in the rear... I wonder how sloppy that will handle.

As to that battle, I've seen it and it was good. I might have it on my myspace along with all the many other bmi vids I have on there... I have so many on there I cant remember which ones I have anymore.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTg1g93uwM4

^that indeed is a great battle:tup:

That video always made me want to build a B20 hatch :)

Same here. I can only imagine the kind of monster that car would be on the street. (disclaimer: I mean on a closed circuit with a professional driver, do not attempt this at home, etc)

Time Attack - OUCH! We haven't gotten any snow yet (knock on wood), but i've had a couple of cars that looked like that when i've woken up in the morning to go to work. Not a bad video, its what my car sort of sounds like, only a little deeper. Megan headers aren't that much money either, they can usually be picked up for cheap off eBay if you interested. 👍

The car was much much much worse but I had to go to the store so I spent an hour warming it up and de-icing it. As you can tell the slips are still on there... God talk about scary driving in a snow storm on summer tires :scared:

I was thinking about getting the megan exhaust actually...

What a great battle! That Civic was fantastic, and I was really surprised to see that it had so much more grip than the Stew. That was just cool.

That Megan exhaust (never heard of it) sounds pretty good, too. And it looks good. I wouldn't mind having that for my Sol at all. I just wonder how expensive it is...

Aye, Time Attack, how's that hatch go in the snow? I was just testing my Sol's ABS in the wet the other day, and damn! Talk about unsophisticated. I know it's got a short wheelbase, but that thing was twitching and jerking every which direction. My foot nearly went numb from the pedal trembling. :lol: Hmmm...I think I'm going to hit someting this winter. I might only be going 1 mph, but I'm preparing myself now so I'm not too disappointed later. I need a new front bumper anyway.

I was thinking about getting the megan exhaust actually...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Megan-Cat-back-E...5QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33630QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not a bad for the price, and even the worst backyard mechanic should be able to install it in about an hour.

Haven't really heard anything bad about it, and the only really good thing i've heard about them is that they're cheap and easy to install. Its really all personal preference with muffler and cat systems anyways though, so its up to you. :indiff:

Oooo, aren't you cool in your little CRX. That's really nice looking car. How much weight did you have in it? A couple hundred pounds? That's pretty heftly for a little car.

Pretty nice picture of the rex if you ask me. Might have to use that as my wallpaper after christmas. 👍

Honestly I was scared driving the hatch in the snow. It was basically a white out so I couldnt see much more then 3-5 feet and I have high performance summer tires on the car still so I was lucky to be doing 20mph sliding around more then a d1gp event. These tires dont like it when its below 50 or rainy so driving in the snow was eh... not a good idea. The abs on this car is also very touchy. Sometimes I don't think it even works because I know I've locked it up before.

From what I've heard megan racing parts are decent for the price but of course they arent the best. I've also heard a little bit about the headers being weakly built. Brand new the exhaust are $379 I think. I dont want to buy the header because I want to swap out to a B series eventualy so it would just be a waste of money.

Back