Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
What a bitch, eh? Ahh well, it won't perform that much better. A few mods will ofset the higher price for the Type-R.

What a bitch, eh? Ahh well, it won't perform that much better. A few mods will ofset the higher price for the Type-R.

True, but those same mods to the Type R would make it that much better then the modded Si. Plus, its the knowledge that your "Type R" badges aren't cheap knock offs that were ordered from eBay. :lol:

In all honesty, there probably won't be a huge difference between the Si and the Type R performance wise, a second here and there which could be equalized with some aftermarket parts. The major reason for the price difference comes from the genuine Honda parts, both cosmetic (spoiler, bumpers, mirrors) and performance (completely different engine or better cams and other engine internals). Is it worth it? Thats up to the buyer, and what he intends to do with the car.

Im willing to bet theyll make one, they wouldnt make all that hype for no reason.

But that would be the first time theyve ever made a type R sedan AND hatch. :embarrassed:

Well i'm hoping that they do it. If its anything like the Integra, the sedan will be more rigid, and along with the better suspension, more track worthy.

It will have me all (aww) ;; <-- I think only Sp33 will get that one :lol:

I like the integra... I was watching something on tv the other day and they had a dc2 sedan with a supercharged k20 doing time attack it was pretty sweet.

Took some pics today of my buddy mikes 4dr... let me know what you think

newpicssuspension9.jpg

newpicssuspension8.jpg

newpicssuspension7.jpg

newpicssuspension6.jpg

newpicssuspension4withmeinit.jpg

newpicssuspension2.jpg

newpicssuspension1.jpg

newpicssuspension11.jpg

newpicssuspension10.jpg

newpicssuspension5.jpg

newpicssuspension3.jpg

Photobucket resizing:tdown:

Also a video of a "burnout attempt" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LniHI3aPlMk

What's with the "burnout"? What engine does he have? The Sol will rip the tires to pieces, especially with the handbrake on, albeit revving at 7500 or so the whole time. I only did it once--without the brake--and don't really plan on doing it again any time soon. It doesn't do anything beneficial.

Anyway, I like the look of teh car. The air dam on the front looks good and goes great with the black plastic around the bottom of teh car. I'd like to have a lip like that to have the same look.

DDMv2, that's more like Clutch frying, than an attempt at doing a burnout (which would look just as idiotic). Those projectors look like crap, and there's no way that he can call that car JDM.

he has the stock d15 in it or something. Hes gonna blow the engine over winter and have it swapped for the spring:) so he was just beating on it...

Dont like the projectors? I think they suit the car well. Its different from every other civic with TYPE R headlights... that **** gets old after a while.

The headlights look alright, I think. They have soem moisture in them, but lots of aftermarket lights get that which is another reason I'd never buy them. Pretty lights don't make your car perform an better. I'm not saying they don't look good, because some of them look great, but I won't be caught spending $100 on looks.

yeah I agree about spending $100 on lights but this guy has $$$$ to spend. Hes gonna be doing ethier a K20 swap or b18c5 swap for spring so its gonna have the power to back up the looks. He just got PIC adjustable coilovers, has TE37s that he will be painting bronze for next season, and hes gonna be going to many drag + carshows next season:tup:

It doesn't look too bad, and I especially like the front and rear lip spoilers. Hopefully you can post some pics of it in the spring when he has the swap complete and the rims on. 👍

One suggestion though, since he has the $$$, he should look into getting his front and rear lip spoilers along with his side skirts painted the body color. It really gives the car a lower looking stance without having to do a huge drop. It also keeps the car looking like one piece, and really gives it a clean look. 👍

Yea that car aint looking too bad, once he gets that new engine in he might actually be able to spin the wheels, tell him to turn his wheels next time he 'attempts' it and he might get a better result :rolleyes:

*currently saving for springs and possibly shocks*

PB280006.jpg

closeupunderground.jpg

You a such are bitch. you got up at 6:45 to STEAL MY F'ING POST. Go back to bed you poohead!! ;; (aww)

lol.

EDIT, it has come to my attention that 0 isnt a number therefore 2001st POST :D :D

EDIT EDIT: AND PG 101 OWNAGE!!!one. (aww) lololoolol ;)

woo wooo!:) 2002:tup:

and bout the ek, he painting it I think over the winter or in spring and is going to get the lips body colour matched. Ill be sure to update when I do the next photoshoot with the EK4dr, LS/VTECEK, and an eg:drool: 👍

he has the stock d15 in it or something. Hes gonna blow the engine over winter and have it swapped for the spring:) so he was just beating on it...

Dont like the projectors? I think they suit the car well. Its different from every other civic with TYPE R headlights... that **** gets old after a while.

I'm sorry, but it's either one or the other. You can't be JDM with projectors. You're either one or the other.

Yeah I knew theyr'e drag wheels but I dont know anything about them. What are they knock offs of? They're for sale on h-t for $220. I'm not interested in buying them thats just where I saw them. They'd look pretty good on an older honda like a pre 1988 model of something.

Yeah I knew theyr'e drag wheels but I dont know anything about them. What are they knock offs of? They're for sale on h-t for $220. I'm not interested in buying them thats just where I saw them. They'd look pretty good on an older honda like a pre 1988 model of something.

Enkei produced a 4 and 5 spoke model that was extremely similar to that model of DRAG wheel, so I have a feeling that DRAG copied Enkei for that model. The DRAG's are much more common, because at the time, Enkei was a relatively small wheel manufacturer. If you can find a set of the Enkei's in decent shape, they're worth a small fortune, to the right wheel aficionado.

Latest Posts

Back