Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
Oh wow, we finally have our first car-to-car showdown on our hands! I think ND4HS has a Spitfire he's been hanging onto for 73-80 as well. I'm still debating which of the last set of divisions to enter - I'm only planning to enter one so I can judge the other two.

Let's just hope that unlike most British Leyland cars of the seventies, it's not spitting fire from its engine bay ... :sly:

<edit> or its dash cluster ... or it's gearbox ... or its floor pan ... or its fuel tank ...

Haha indeed! Though not because of the fuel tank as most people think. There were rare cases of rear-end accidents causing explosions, but most of the fires were due to 1970's Ford and their typically shoddy electronics.

I just hope your Spit can make a full lap at GVS before the rust from the pillars and floor panels consumes the rest of the car and leaves you with a very bad case of butt-on-tarmac road rash :sly:

<edit> The inevitable results of a race-built Spit:

triumph_spitfire_10.jpg

Spitfires, bah... these overgrown Corgi toys don't do justice to the name. The true Spitfires have 27 litre V12 engines which alone weigh more than those entire cars. :D

Hahaha ... fiberglass remanufactured hardtops are still available, I'm sure. Now it just needs cannons.

"Oh God Celia, I told you we should have bought the house with the garage! In the morning, there'll be nothing left!"

2ff80a40.jpg

If I'm going head-to-head with Leo on a Spitfire then I'd better review my car and make sure it's all as perfect as I can make it.

Better do it quickly though unless you have about six fresh motors... the 1500's lifespan when tuned was typically measured in days. :sly:

I don't know why I love bashing BL cars so much ... it's just such great fun!

Well the dealer gave me a 2 day warranty and it lasted long enough to become a really good handling car, one that can stand up to Leo's I hope at least.

The Celica's not in its division though - the two won't compete. You may however come head to head with some pretty fierce 2002's, Lancers, GT-R's, and one particularly devastating Alpine :sly:

Well one more day for entries to the first two segments eh. I can't wait to get to work testing the monsters ya'll have cooked up this time. I was thinking however that one way to 'possibly' get more entrants/judges to these competitions would be to have everyone who was participating add a tuner-challenge link in their signature for during the challenges. That way it would pop up in all the gtplanet boards that any of us have posted in. Just an idea.

Well one more day for entries to the first two segments eh. I can't wait to get to work testing the monsters ya'll have cooked up this time. I was thinking however that one way to 'possibly' get more entrants/judges to these competitions would be to have everyone who was participating add a tuner-challenge link in their signature for during the challenges. That way it would pop up in all the gtplanet boards that any of us have posted in. Just an idea.

Good idea - let's hope it catches on!

I'll rather keep my current sig. :sly:

well yours is quite complex and even centered but many of the other tuners here could add one very easily and it might bring more attention to the challenge. More attention means more entrants/judges which can't be a bad thing.

Vintage Tuner Cup Entry; 1973-1980 category

Triumph Spitfire MkVB'74

221 bhp, 278 Nm, 736 kg, PWR 3.326Kg/bhp

Purchased from Manufacturer.

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 90 / 128
Bound: 6 / 4
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 2 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 7 / 9

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.155
2nd: 1.380
3rd: 1.010
4th: 0.780
5th: 0.630
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Named after famous British WWII fighter, this old yet perky little sportster packs rather impressive punch in it's tiny 1.5l pushrod engine. Force-fed by single turbo that delivers best power at high RPM's, this car is just perfect for small/medium sized tracks. Even the notoriously slippy rear end has been tamed, yet skillful driver can enjoy of well-balanced sideways action.

Guess who just found the groove on his 'Cuda!

That's right, it'll be in, on time. With...very little wheelspin! :nervous:

mustang, may the best one win, i couldnt do much, it hurt to hold the controller with my left hand but i think i got mine set well for a full interior car

Vintage Tuner Challenge Entry; 1973-1980

Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74
(221hp) (278Nm) (736kg) (3.326 WPR)

IMG0023.jpg

Parts to buy:

RC Exhaust
RC Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polish Heads
Engine Balancing
RC Computer Chip
FC Suspension
Stage 2 Turbo
FC Gearbox
Triple Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase
Rear Wing
Oil Change

Settings:

Brake Balance: 2/10

Suspension:
Spring Rates: 6.0/5.2
Ride Height: 78/78
Damper (Bound): 4/4
Damper (Rebound): 8/8
Camber: 2.5/2.0
Toe: 1/0
Stabilisers: 5/5

Gear Ratios: First set auto, then set each individual gear
Auotset: 15
1st: 2.004
2nd: 1.466
3rd: 1.079
4th: 0.823
5th: 0.645
Final: 3.630

LSD:
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 40
Deceleration: 5

Downforce: 22/30

All driving aids at 0

Lap Record at GVS: 2.04.846

Description: One of the most perfectly balanced cars out there, you'll be hard done by passing this Vintage Tuner Cup Special Spitfire. Braking distances may seem a little long but not rediculous.

nice wing. did you do it at home? :sly:

j/k

yeah, the brakes in this cars are pretty iffy, must be the drums.. despite the low weight, it slows down like grandma..

That wing is perfectly balanced thankyou, any more or less front downforce destroys my tune. With low speed corners it's not that bad eh, because you brake for a fraction of a second and back on the gas. When you actually get moving though yeah, it's a long time slowing- I'd have thought that's because you can't fit big brakes in those little rims, Race brakes should theoretically replace the drums I'd think.
Anyway- game on. :sly:

Back