Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
I may have a car for the '73-80 contest as well, if you dont mind I could have it posted by today or tomorrow.

This one took a while to tune. Its not a friendly car at all! I had to make a lot of weird adjustments to keep it on the road, but its still a bit of an axe murderer :crazy:

---

Vintage Tuner Cup Entry; 1973-1980

Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79

Autobianchi01.jpg

Where to buy: Sunday Cup prize car.

Power: 119BHP@6600rpm
Torque: 102.35ft.lb@4200rpm
Weight: 637kg
Power to Weight ratio: 5.336

Equipped parts:
Racing exhaust
Sports brakes
Brake controller
NA Stage 2
Port polish
Engine balancing
Racing chip
Fully custom transmission
Triple clutch
Racing flywheel
Variable LSD
Racing suspension
S3 tyres
Weight reduction stage 3
Rollcage
Body refresh
Wheels (optional, I put some DeLorean wheels on mine)

Settings:
Brake balance

Brake balance – F: 5 R: 5

Suspension
Spring rate – F: 6.5 R: 4.0
Ride height – F: 86 R:86
Damper bounce – F: 6 R: 1
Damper rebound – F: 6 R: 1
Camber angle – F: 3.5 R: 1.5
Toe angle – F: -3 R: 0
Stabiliser – F: 6 R: 2

Gearbox
Auto settings - 5
1st gear – 2.981
2nd gear – 2.018
3rd gear – 1.467
4th gear – 1.210
5th gear – 1.025
6th gear – 0.738
Final – 4.100

AIDS:
NONE!

LSD
Initial torque – 22
LSD acceleration – 35
LSD deceleration – 13

Comments:
Remember this car? Because it remembers you. When you first started GT4, you, like a good little GT player, went straight for the Sunday Cup. For winning you received a nice little Italian hatchback. You, being the money-hungry monster that you are, sold it for its 8,000cr pricetag. Well guess what, that little Italian hatchback has come back from the car lot, and wants payback. It WILL mop the floor with you if your not careful.

Notes:
- 1st gear wheelspin is unavoidable.
- Be careful with 2nd gear, the LSD seems to react very sharply.
- Due to the cars lightweight, it will take flight on steep kerbs.

HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME SEE THAT LITTLE ITALIAN HATCHBACK!

Club Racer breakthrough for me. Found a nice car, 302 CID, no wheelspin with 450hp, minimal with 600:scared:

Sumitomo Sports Integra Type-R
Maximum response
Added 2008/02/09
sumitomodc2pe0.jpg

More pictures at the photo album

Specifications
Base car: '99 Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
Colour: Milano Red
Odometer at Purchase: ~35,900km

Power: 215ps/8000rpm
Torque: 20kgf·m/6000rpm
Weight: 1080kg

Power-to-Weight Ratio: 5.02kg/ps
Torque-to-Weight Ratio: 54.00kg/kgf·m

Upgrades
  • Exhaust & Air Filter: -
  • Brakes
    • Brake Pads: -
    • Brake Bias Controller: -
  • Engine
    • Port Polish: Yes
    • Engine Balancing: Yes
    • Displacement Up: -
    • Racing Chip: -
  • Drivetrain
    • Transmission: -
    • Clutch: Twin-plate
    • Flywheel: Semi-racing
    • LSD: Fully-customizable
    • Carbon Propeller Shaft: -
  • Forced Induction
    • Turbine Kit: -
    • Intercooler: -
  • Suspension: Racing
  • Tires
    • Normal: N3 Road
    • Sports: -
    • Racing: -
  • Other:
    • VCD Controller: -
    • Weight Reduction: -
    • Rollcage: -
    • Rigidity Refreshment: -
  • GT Auto
    • Wheels: Enkei 043
    • Rear Wing: -
Settings
  • Suspension
    • Spring Rates (kg/mm)
      • Front: 14.3
      • Rear: 12.4
    • Ride Height (mm)
      • Front: 89
      • Rear: 89
    • Shock Absorbers (Bound)
      • Front: 4
      • Rear: 5
    • Shock Absorbers (Rebound)
      • Front: 8
      • Rear: 7
    • Camber (Negative Degrees)
      • Front: 2.1
      • Rear: 2.8
    • Toe (Degrees)
      • Front: -
      • Rear: -
    • Swaybar
      • Front: 5
      • Rear: 4
  • Downforce
    • Front: -
    • Rear: -
  • Limited-Slip Differential
    • Initial Torque: 14
    • Acceleration: 20
    • Deceleration: 8
Typical Reference Lap Times
Typical lap times with relaxed driving using N3 Road tires:
Infineon Raceway Stock Car Course: 1'32.0
Costa di Amalfi: 2'25.9

Personal Remarks
My original goal for this car was to, firstly, officially represent my NA tuning brand with a controllable, lightweight FF machine. The Sumitomo brand itself is purely focused on the response and sharp handling, and this car satisfies both criteria. Secondly, I wanted to create a road car that could handle very well without suffering from the obvious problems that plague FF cars.

The LSD needed the most time to work with since I normally don't build FF machines, so it was a bit of a grey area during development. The higher initial torque will engage the LSD almost instantly when you come on the throttle so that handling and driving line will not stray throughout the corner under gas because of one that has been retarded. Because the Integra's relatively thin tires and very light weight offer few options in the way of power and stability, the car's performance is almost entirely mapped on suspension tuning.

Traditionally, tuning houses would firm the rear springs and dip the front ride height to maximize traction under throttle. But that carries the risk of making the car unstable, particularly when climbing a kerb mid-corner or during braking. However, softening the rear springs trades off barely noticeable acceleration traction, but keeps the rear planted under throttle and prevents the car from straying when the front gets loosened up by the uneven road surface.

The car's strengths are low-speed corners, hairpins, chicane/switchback sections, and any other scenarios that involve flat cornering. Uphills are rather difficult and the omission of downforce-enhancing parts reduces its effectiveness on mid- and high-speed corner with undulations. Overall, the car is of average driving difficulty, whereas skilled drivers can exploit its responsiveness and light weight for some surprising results.

Quick notes: I've got an MCR JZA80 Supra and SW20 MR2 ready to post tomorrow. Made minor adjustments to the Ridox Supra project, as well as more photos at the photo album. Tune in next time :)

Well, it will literally be any moment by my count that we get some more judge's results, from mafia boy and Vander. Can't wait :D

I see you in here mafia_boy! Yes, you there, huddled up in the corner sleeping off the hangover! Go take a shower man, you reek of stale beer and sloppy woman-leavings! :sly: :cheers:

Can't talk, just lowering the rotor times for RJ to beat....was going to do 1000 miles but I'm working this afternoon, which sucks so I have to hold off on that for another day. Just stopping the computer going into hibernate as I'm keeping an eye on you fools.

Mafs!!

*added bit* And I got rid of the beer smell that night......couldn't go into work smelling like a brewery. ;)

Can't talk, just lowering the rotor times for RJ to beat....was going to do 1000 miles but I'm working this afternoon, which sucks so I have to hold off on that for another day. Just stopping the computer going into hibernate as I'm keeping an eye on you fools.

Mafs!!

*added bit* And I got rid of the beer smell that night......couldn't go into work smelling like a brewery. ;)

Haha its all good, there's no rush, just couldn't resist :sly:

Okay, this kinda sucks. I wasn't planning on judging, but it seems no one cares enough, so I'll judge a category, if someone will give me an index of cars. I'm much too lazy to look through the pages for it.

My standards:

60% driving enjoyment
25% improvement over stock
15% speed

I'm not sure exactly how I'll quantify these, but, either way, expect a comparo by Thursday from me. I'll aim for much earlier, but I don't want to make a promise I won't keep. I've done that in the MFT thread a lot, and not been stoned, but I'm not sure how nice you are here. :eek::rolleyes:

So yeah, someone just post up the list of cars and I'll judge a category (or two, if I find it fun enough!). I've downloaded the game save with all the cars, so I can get every car here without difficulty.

Also, that was an awesome description of the Italian hatchback on the last page :thumbsup:

EDIT: I should warn you ahead of time, though, that I'll be using my DFP, which I'm not totally adapted to yet, so my standards will probably be biased towards stability.

Check the "Phase 1" link in my sig. It's got a judges' primer and a list of cars for both divisions that are being judged right now. If you have all the cars already, 63 and Earlier will be easier to judge since there are fewer cars. If you're missing the Alfa Sprint Speciale though, it'll be easier to judge 64-72 since you have to do the 1000 Miles Enduro series to win the Alfa.

Alright, another judge! I thought Vander's results would be in by now, what's happening mate? I don't wanna come across as pushy but it's hard not to when all your fingernails are gone and you begin eyeing off your toe nails :scared: You take your time, I'll put on some shoes or something :sly:

So I'm not supposed to use laptimes in my default evaluation procedure? Okay, my revised standards are:

75% driving feel
25% improvement over stock
X % laptimes

I'll try to do this as well as I can. Don't despair, you've got at least one more judge!

:rolleyes:

Back