Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
We really appreciate it! đź‘Ť Laptimes CAN come into play to a degree when you're evaluating two cars that you deem to have nearly identical "feel", as long as you consider the laptimes relative to the two cars' weight-to-power ratios and capability for top-end. Basically, just use common sense there and you'll be good!

Alright, another judge! I thought Vander's results would be in by now, what's happening mate? I don't wanna come across as pushy but it's hard not to when all your fingernails are gone and you begin eyeing off your toe nails :scared: You take your time, I'll put on some shoes or something :sly:

My weekend plans got chewed to hell by some major issues at the DZ but the results are coming perhaps by tomorrow night, when the nails are gone just remember you don't really need the tips of your fingers ;)

My weekend plans got chewed to hell by some major issues at the DZ but the results are coming perhaps by tomorrow night, when the nails are gone just remember you don't really need the tips of your fingers ;)

DZ? Demilitarized Zone? Watch out for land mines! You might end up missing quite a bit more than the tips of your fingers :sly:

Good thing there ain't no button mashers in here...

I find button mashing works great when drifting when you need to feather the throttle on a DS2 though...

EDIT: THE SPONSORS are stalking me. My last 5 posts have been followed by them! Better than having them gone, but it's still creepy.

DZ? Demilitarized Zone? Watch out for land mines! You might end up missing quite a bit more than the tips of your fingers :sly:

Actually, I think the military labels that the "DMZ." :D
I'd think of DZ as Drop Zone. Although I've never heard someone use that designation. :confused:

maybe he was playing Dragonball Z? :lol:

Likely, and funny :lol: It's an alright game though really. Anyway, I've now put on gloves and shoes to make sure I don't eat myself in anticipation. And thaks EA11R for judging, it's greatly appreciated.

Ohh man, am I too late to post a setup for club racer class? Thought i already had but apparently i didnt put it in.

ok here it is.
Vintage Tuner Cup- Clasic Club Racer entry
BMW 2002 Turbo '73 codename Flugzeug (german for airplane/ flying thing)
Parts:
racing exhaust
racing chip
stg3 turbo
Racing intercooler
LSD full
carbon shaft
racing flywheel
3 plate clutch
racing suspension
full custom tranny
stg 3 weight
R2 tyres
Oil

Setup:
susp. F R
SR 3.2 6.5
RH 99 99
SB 3 9
SRB 4 7
CA 3.3 .7
TA -2 -2
ST 2 7

TRANNY
AUTO 8

LSD

ballast 50
position all the way to the right (i think its +50)

NO AIDS unless on a sharp turn track like tsukuba, if so put it on 3.

No aids ever :sly: Nice that you've entered but make sure to label it as a Vintage Tuner Cup entry and what category it's in at the top of the post.

Pssst....Holdenboy, read it again....R2 tyres. ;) Club Racer be the category. He's done to me what I did to RJ with the Celica, taken the rug right from under me. :lol: In overall times it's a weapon.

Pssst....Holdenboy, read it again....R2 tyres. ;) Club Racer be the category. He's done to me what I did to RJ with the Celica, taken the rug right from under me. :lol: In overall times it's a weapon.

He still has to label it Mafs. :P

From the looks of the rear damping and sway bar, if you take it over a steep hillcrest at speed, it WILL fly :sly:

Kidding - look forward to driving it, as I won't be entering the Club Racer category so I can judge it. đź‘Ť

actually i did NOT tune the car to be a weapon, i already have a setup for that that CAN enter by the rules in this competition. i tuned this one to be fun to drive and still geve decent lap times. likewise it doesnot have a spoiler because i feel thatin this car looks are better than performance as it looks bad@$$.
reason for the name is this photo.
news040606fly-2002.jpg

Since you wish a fight, Mafs, a fight you shall get. ;)

The Celica is coming... Fast.

:ill: I think I need that 10.0km model now. :lol:

Holdenboy, get him a brother P-touch if he needs a label. :P

*added bit* wrcsti, I meant it is a weapon when it comes to laptimes, not a scary drive.

From the looks of the rear damping and sway bar, if you take it over a steep hillcrest at speed, it WILL fly :sly:

Kidding - look forward to driving it, as I won't be entering the Club Racer category so I can judge it. đź‘Ť

if you hit the curb just right itll jump on 2 tyres for a sec or 2 sideways but in control.

if you hit the curb just right itll jump on 2 tyres for a sec or 2 sideways but in control.

Yeah I've played around with one of those before - it can be a challenge to get the rear eager enough to produce enough rotation to dial all the understeer out, and a relatively stiff rear end helps. I'm interested to see how it's turned out đź‘Ť

Yeah I've played around with one of those before - it can be a challenge to get the rear eager enough to produce enough rotation to dial all the understeer out, and a relatively stiff rear end helps. I'm interested to see how it's turned out đź‘Ť

yeah that was my main issue when i started tuning it, then i found out about a litle buddy called toe out ;)
also i might want to judge for other categories so if you need more send me a pm with the post needed to judge. ill have it done in 1h since i read it from.

I've built all of the oldest category entrants, and given each one a run or eight through GVS. It's certainly an interesting category, this.

I'll probably have the results up tomorrow, but if I miss that, they'll definitely be up the next day.

Leondiae: I couldn't make any considerable progress with your M-B after 13 laps! That thing is psychchotic! My DFP probably hates me by now, with all the rediculously fast countersteering I've been doing. I might step into the more modern, civilized age for a moment with a pair of much safer, saner hot hatches. I don't know, maybe a pair with about 430hp total... Do you know of any? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ummm... My math suddenly sucks. That pair of hatches should have nearer 420hp.

I've built all of the oldest category entrants, and given each one a run or eight through GVS. It's certainly an interesting category, this.

I'll probably have the results up tomorrow, but if I miss that, they'll definitely be up the next day.

Leondiae: I couldn't make any considerable progress with your M-B after 13 laps! That thing is psychchotic! My DFP probably hates me by now, with all the rediculously fast countersteering I've been doing. I might step into the more modern, civilized age for a moment with a pair of much safer, saner hot hatches. I don't know, maybe a pair with about 430hp total... Do you know of any? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ummm... My math suddenly sucks. That pair of hatches should have nearer 420hp.

Well, if that car will ever be published in MFT, it'll probably have red labeling, or maybe bit lower. Funny thing is that I could handle it just fine.. Then again, I have G25 and good throttle control. If you think that my merc is evil, you should give a try to my Shaguar. even when it has less power than the merc, it's by far more difficult to drive. the rear end just doesn't know the definition of grip..

I'll let you know Leo, I'm in TOTAL agreeance with the other judges when it comes to your car.....to just overpower the tyres in 2nd gear was enough to make it an 'interesting' drive, but when you add in the fact you have to turn while this is happening, it makes it a little bit more hectic than normal. Not saying it's uncontrollable, but yeah I'll give more details in my report, should be ready by 16th, just doing the last car.

It could handle 300hp & S3 weight RJ pretty easily, it was just the steps from S1 to S2 & S3 N/A that changed the monster. ;)

do we have anyone else working on the 64 - 72 cars, or am I the only one? This week has gone from hectic to insane, as I making a pretty big move in three weeks, but the cars are getting testing and results will be up before the sixteenth for this category

Is anyone opposed to the idea of an extension on the judging deadline (and naturally the submission deadline for Phase 2)? It seems that with a lot of people who do WANT to judge under time constraints, an extra week or so might not be a bad idea.

Back