Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
What? So your car can do 250km/hr with only 172hp (is that the same as at the wheels) and a 5spd? Not to mention prob not much torque? I really do find that hard to believe.

Nope it iss 144bhp at the wheels, yep 5 speed and its only a 1595cc DOHC VTEC

Well I'm sorry, but I simply can't believe that. Unless a 1.6L Civic has wider gears than a Commodore V6 early '90s (which I highly doubt) it's not unlikely, it's impossible. See, my car, standard, 130kw at the engine, will reach 200km/hr under its own power. Modified to say 180kw and I'd be well on the limiter at 250km/hr like you say your Civic reaches. Are you sure you didn't make a typo? 120mph seems like quite a more reasonable claim for such a car.

you are aware that 120 mph is below 200 kph, right?

They are rougly similar, so say 130mph is a more reasonable claim.

Edit: Hang on, how much is 150mph then?

Edit 2: It's 240km/hr, still very ludricous if you ask me.

Ha ha ha - i love honda's and how surprising they are - i said 150mph - no typo, no lie either - go youtube civic vti off clock - you may find some nice video's.

In the mean time i will get yous a video made up

You said you were boucing the limiter on that so the gears sound like the right kind of claim, but I don't think it's possible with that power level. youtube will probably have turbos doing it.

Edit: Here I am looking at a site right now in a different window, the Civic has 110hp stock? And the top speed was 109mph. So you've spent what, a grand on mods? And suddenly it can go 50mph faster than before? Don't believe it in the slightest, it's impossible.

Edit 2: Nevermind, 158hp stock? I have 180+hp stock yet can't go that fast, surely aerodynamics can't account for 40km/hr difference?

Ha ha ha - i love honda's and how surprising they are - i said 150mph - no typo, no lie either - go youtube civic vti off clock - you may find some nice video's.

Do you have original wheels/tyres on the car?

No i have lightweight wheels 4.9kgs each but tyre profiles are the same 195/55/15

It bounces 5th gear all right - oh and a turbo VTi would be pushing over 200 and would be easily heard. Standard VTi's are renound for going off the clock

Edit 2: Nevermind, 158hp stock? I have 180+hp stock yet can't go that fast, surely aerodynamics can't account for 40km/hr difference?

You drive a Ute. A Commodore isn't the most streamlined thing on the planet in the first place, but turn it into a Ute and the aerodynamics do down the drain (though the wrong way around in Australia).

I'm not justifying any claims, but keep in mind that a hatchback or sedan will be far more streamlined than a Ute.

Actually it was the sedan's top speed I was quoting. I think his speedo is out of whack. We all know GT4 models things properly normally right? I took a Type R Civic of his gen which has about the same power as him and reached 236km/hr on the Test Track, it was struggling a lot at 210 though. So now I'm believing more.

And so you know will be geting filler panels and a hard tonneau, should hopefully bring my aerodynamics up to par with a sedan. Oh and I'll lower it to a more respectable height than the bush-kid height it came out with. If only I could test top speed somewhere when I've done that. Any suggestions for where to test top speed in South-East QLD? Is there also any places you can test the coefficient of friction on your car?

The type-r of my gen is actually alot faster - its recorded 0-60 was 5.7secs, 185hp stock + LSD and weighed a good 150kgs lighter and is a rocket compared to mine. lets see how many people will doubt its 5.7 trip to 60

Oh and with just bolt ons - it often reaches 200bhp

Now I get it, I forgot that the standard computer in my car sort of kills power above 100km/hr, so all I need is a power chip. I don't suppose that counts as a bolt on? What does? I couldn't tell the difference most of the time between a bolt on and a not-bolt on. All I know is some bloke in a VE SS is chasing 10sec 1/4miles with just bolt ons. I believe your claim now, but the actual speed would be slightly less as all speedos read higher than they should. I'd like to race you, but something tells me that different countries and no money for me to go to a strip or anything might prohibit that.

Heres my VTi stock only reaching 145mph, it had a CEL which was caused by my 02 sensor - car was overfuelling like crazy

A bolt on is something used as intake header exhaust replacement - Manifold, exhaust system or induction kit

Oh and before someone questions if its my car yes it is - it was me who wrote the letters 'VTI' in the dust on the dash.

*sigh* I need a full time job to afford things on my Ute :indiff:

I got everything fixed finally, and then suddenly it comes back from the mechanic with problems it never had- Suss! Wierd hissing noises. I'm really chieved about that, REALLY chieved. I nearly broke a table when I punched my wallet which was sitting on it.

thought i recognized this user name from another forum where the poster claimed to have a rather large supercar collection (turned out it was a different username!) but

My 350z (black 300bhp) next to mates 350z roadster in France
509039755a4813352308l.jpg
360 CS (leaning out the window of my 350z lol)
509039755a4813351963l.jpg
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2958302&postcount=98

160 in my TT chipped with NO rear wing lol, then it starts to get a bit scary so havnt gone over that lol

155 in 350z with 300hp, on the way to Le Mans 24 hours :)

and finally my mate took me 182 in his lambo Gallardo Spyder which was possibly the scariest experience ever LOL, was skipping around everywhere !

ive also got an R1 powered Kit car which does 0-60 in 3.6 secs. but tht only reaches 120mph tops lol, which is bout as fast as i would like to go in scaffolding and balsa wood lol
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2958228&postcount=995

now when did a 16 year old become able to afford and drive a 350z in uk.

pretty obvious when you leave your msn addy on both your profile and your myspace

also dont believe the part on the gallardo cause ive been in one at a similer speed and it was rock solid :lol:

(yes i am that bored)

hes known on several forums for talking crap,he claims to own
Ferrari F40 catalytic

Mercedes S Class S500 L

Audi R8 R'Tronic

Aston Martin Vantage V8 Coupe

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder E Gear

Ferrari 360 Modena F1

Ferrari 550 Maranello

Ferrari 355 Spider

Ferrari F512 M

Porsche 911 Turbo 996 Turbo Coupe

yet all the pics he posts of them are from a sales site in california.

Back