Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Not a Glanza.. an oldschool RWD starlet from '79-'80. And no, this is not a farewell, I haven't met him IRL yet. and it's not an end to MFT either. MFT will continue as long as possible.

You'll be the Mad Finn-American Tuners :lol: Nah, you'll always be Finnish at heart I'm sure ;)
I thought a Glanza was a Starlet.

Glanza was the FWD model, Thus an abomination in my eyes. ;)

And why would I want to move to Pennsylvania? Is it like Minnesota, infested with Scandinavian immigrants who live there because it resembles their homeland? no thanks.. I want heat and desert.. no more cold winters and bugs for me. :lol:

Glanza was the FWD model, Thus an abomination in my eyes. ;)

And why would I want to move to Pennsylvania? Is it like Minnesota, infested with Scandinavian immigrants who live there because it resembles their homeland? no thanks.. I want heat and desert.. no more cold winters and bugs for me. :lol:

Heat and desert? We have that here in Australia. Come to the land down under, we probably have less strict emissions standards for your car too (if we have any :lol: ) Plus you're less likely to get shot here in Oz than in America. Come on, I'll give you the grand tour ;)

Well, I managed to prove my theory 100% true! And that was by changing the Impreza Rally Edition's 6th gear ratio setting to 0.730, (or something like that) I was able to give the Impreza awesome handling when cornering on the SS Route 11 track WITHOUT reducing acceleration or speed! Cool huh?:D

Change 1 gear ratio, and it miraculously gives you awesome handling too!

ok so? my photobucket is wrcsri443, its in there. ill try to get the dyno sheet of when it was a stg2.

You can post images here by surrounding them with the code.

Also, don't post this one:

[IMG]http://www.maxrev.net/Icons/mycarchallenge/images/IMG_0031.jpg

and i have a couple of vids of it in stg2 doing 1/4 mile runs against a 996tt and a diesel pickup. ill try to upload these now for yall, you can even hear my 6yrold brother saying "look my daddy was the fastest" on one of them so brb.

and i have a couple of vids of it in stg2 doing 1/4 mile runs against a 996tt and a diesel pickup. ill try to upload these now for yall, you can even hear my 6yrold brother saying "look my daddy was the fastest" on one of them so brb.

I certainly hope that you will also be able to prove in some way that these videos have some relation to you, after all its not hard to find videos on the web and just post them up. Sorry to say but simply posting a few video clips up and saying its your family does not constitute proof.

Can I also ask you to stop with the text speak and watch the grammar, it may be unusual for the web, but we do have a requirement here that members use correct grammar and do not use text speak or other abbreviation's.

Scaff

I certainly hope that you will also be able to prove in some way that these videos have some relation to you, after all its not hard to find videos on the web and just post them up. Sorry to say but simply posting a few video clips up and saying its your family does not constitute proof.

Can I also ask you to stop with the text speak and watch the grammar, it may be unusual for the web, but we do have a requirement here that members use correct grammar and do not use text speak or other abbreviation's.

Scaff
Sorry, im just used to other forums.
Here is a picture of it when we lived in Chesterfield Missouri.
Picture002.jpg

These two are from an auto cross event at the gateway raceway park in the east side of STL, its atually in Illinois.
autocorss4.jpg

autocross5.jpg

That is my dad in the picture.
as for the videos i will have them up when i find my memory stick, should'nt be too long.

and I think i still have that license plate let me check the garage.

EDIT:
found the mem stick, uploading now.

EDIT2:
Just took these 2
DSC00851.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

videos relly dont prove more than those last 2 pics so i wont bother posting them.
and on that last picture you can see the same white with red sign on the wall as on the first one of the sti with the proven liense plate. it reads "parking for pilots only all others but captain hernandez will be towed away" with the blue 757.

Proof enough?

i onw a awsum subaroo wrx sti vtec turbocharged superchargd
thathas 2919 horspour and id 0-621 in4 sec herew it is yo
IMG_0031.jpg

:D

So where's the proof that it goes 170?

It looks like a stock sti to me. I doubt you'll get a lot of power on the stock exhaust. (all that I can see)

So where's the proof that it goes 170?

It looks like a stock sti to me. I doubt you'll get a lot of power on the stock exhaust. (all that I can see)

it had downpipe and second cat delete, CAI,some other stuff that doesnt add any HP like catch can etc, also with the cobb street tuner we bettered up the stg2 map. i dont have a picture of our 17* mph run but i can find someone else with similar mods on iwsti.com (crewchief) who has a piture of the needle starting to go out of the numbers.

Originally Posted by tuninghouse
heres mine

93' R33 GTS-T
Hks Gt2835 Pro S Kit
Hks Super Dragger Cat-back
Trust Front Pipe
Nismo 740cc Injectors
Apexi Air Filter
Greddy V-spl I/c Kit
Blitz Bov
Tomei Fuel Pump
Z32 Afm
Splitfire coilpacks
Nismo Twin Plate Clutch
Nismo Frontbar
Nismo 400R Side Skirts
Gtr Rear Pods
Gtr Boot + Gtr Wing + Nismo C/f wing insert
Ganador carbon fiber aero mirrors with blue lens
S3 GTR Xenon Headlights + LED park lights
Tein Circuit Master Type RS Coilovers
Ap Racing Brake Kit
Endless Pads
AAP Braided Brake Lines
Nismo F & R sway bars
Nismo Front Upper Arms
Nismo Rear lower link
Nismo Rear upper link
Whiteline Subframe bushes
Do-luck floor brace
Ikeya Formula Tie Rods
Racing Gear Castor Rods
Optional Gtr style Grill
17inch NISMO LM GT2 Rims
Apexi Powerfc
Apexi Black Face El2 Gauges 5x (Oil Pressure, Boost, Water Temp, Oil Temp and Ext Temp)
Blitz SBC ID-3
Blitz Power Meter ID-3
GRiD Missfiring System
LM Nismo Dash + Epson Ej1 Driving System
S2 Dash
Momo Copy Wheel
Nismo floor matts
2x Nismo 4-point racing harness

power: 350rwhp @ 16psi
1/4: 13.00 112mph (should be good enough for mid 12, but had gearbox and clutch issue, needed to smash it into 3rd and 4th)

photo is with stock mirrors
there is a picture of it HERE. i know that it is possible for some one to have a car like this, i just wasn't sure. it might be because of the long list of mods that is has. i looked at his profile and this is the only post that he talks about "his" skyline. i don't really doubt that he owns it, but you never know.

it had downpipe and second cat delete, CAI,some other stuff that doesnt add any HP like catch can etc, also with the cobb street tuner we bettered up the stg2 map. i dont have a picture of our 17* mph run but i can find someone else with similar mods on iwsti.com (crewchief) who has a piture of the needle starting to go out of the numbers.

Where in Missouri do you live?

Part of me swears that I'm from Linn county. ..Long story

Here's my ludicrous claim: I got 28 miles per gallon today in my 1994 E320 wagon.

there is a picture of it HERE. i know that it is possible for some one to have a car like this, i just wasn't sure. it might be because of the long list of mods that is has. i looked at his profile and this is the only post that he talks about "his" skyline. i don't really doubt that he owns it, but you never know.

I personally believe it, those mods are common on GTS25t's (not GTS-T as he said, only R32's are GTS-T), though not many people list every tiny little thing they have done to it. The power is completely realistic (infact even a little low for that setup and boost)

You have to remember Skylines are not exclusive cars in most countries outside the US.

Where in Missouri do you live?

Part of me swears that I'm from Linn county. ..Long story

Here's my ludicrous claim: I got 28 miles per gallon today in my 1994 E320 wagon.

I don't live in MO anymore. I used to live in the outskirts of ST.Louis. Very nice area. I live in the FT. Lauderdale area, i topped it out coming from orlando to west palm beach on the turnpike.

I'm just a little curious - what alterations have been made to the gearing?

I personally believe it, those mods are common on GTS25t's (not GTS-T as he said, only R32's are GTS-T), though not many people list every tiny little thing they have done to it. The power is completely realistic (infact even a little low for that setup and boost)

You have to remember Skylines are not exclusive cars in most countries outside the US.

I know they aren't exclusive or anything and it is very possible for someone around here to have one. I love R33s, so i wanted to make sure that he is not lying. but if he really does have it, congradulations to him:tup:

I'm just a little curious - what alterations have been made to the gearing?

none, just got the 145 speed limiter off and rode it to redline.

Depending on which transmission has been fitted to wrcsti's (Dad's) car, it will either have a theoretical topspeed of:

158 mph (254 km/h) (6th gear 0.842), or

176 mph (283 km/h) (6th gear 0.756). Most commonly fitted US-spec transmission.

That is on the rev limiter in 6th. Don't forget though that maximum power is 1000 revs down the range; once beyond 6000 the car will not pick up speed very quickly, if at all.

So the effective top speed of a 2005 US-spec STi is:

151 mph (6th gear 0.756).

So, I guess what I would say to wrcsti is that, it is theoretically possible to do what you said you did, but I find it unlikely that the car would get anywhere near the limiter in 6th.

Another factor that comes into play is the inaccuracy of a car's speedo. Having played with Subarus a bit, even though the speedo may read 160 mph, your actual speed is likely to be around 145 mph.

Depending on which transmission has been fitted to wrcsti's (Dad's) car, it will either have a theoretical topspeed of:

158 mph (254 km/h) (6th gear 0.842), or

176 mph (283 km/h) (6th gear 0.756). Most commonly fitted US-spec transmission.

That is on the rev limiter in 6th. Don't forget though that maximum power is 1000 revs down the range; once beyond 6000 the car will not pick up speed very quickly, if at all.

So the effective top speed of a 2005 US-spec STi is:

151 mph (6th gear 0.756).

So, I guess what I would say to wrcsti is that, it is theoretically possible to do what you said you did, but I find it unlikely that the car would get anywhere near the limiter in 6th.

Another factor that comes into play is the inaccuracy of a car's speedo. Having played with Subarus a bit, even though the speedo may read 160 mph, your actual speed is likely to be around 145 mph.
that last thing is true, it might not have been an actual 170mph run but the needle went by 160. it did take a while (bout 1.5 mins after 130)

Actaully it kinda is simulator "champ!" the handing handles the way a car would. compare the handling between a real car and burnout. now compare the handling of a car and gran turismo. feels the same don't it? I have a 2006 Audi TT 3.2 and I drive that all the time in the game (and when i go to work) and it feels the same.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2938575&postcount=34

Perhaps you don't know me well enough. Settling down and being calm don't mix with me. I am hyper and I am a kid and I like Gran Turismo. I don't mix with "chilling" eathier buddy! I am so like going to add you because you are awesome and you are not stupid and I hate stupid people!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2972687&postcount=7

he then asks here if its suitible for 15 year olds so im guessing hes 15?

I feel bad because I have a full 720p and half of a 1080i screen (resolution of 1600x1050) a Logitech Driving Force Pro, a Logitech X-540 and I live in an apartment so I can't blast my speakers. Would I still enjoy Gran Turismo 5 Prologue? P.S. Is this game suitable for 15 year olds?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2972683&postcount=1

Ha ha nice find Holdenhsvgtsr - i dont find the claim of 170mph (on the clocks) in the STi ludicrous but the speedo prob wont be accurate to 100% - one of my mates used to have a UK SPec STI (210bhp i think) was pretty much standard and he was touching 160. He now has an JDM EVO IV bog standard 112mph restrictor gone standard 270ish bhp i think - dont know what it does tho.

My Civic VTi (1.6) will do 150mph - 145mph on the clock and it needle goes right off - i can bounce fifth but obviously the speedo guage wont be 100% accurate but im guessing its around 150 as it looks about 10-15mph above the 145 mark but theres no way it could do 160.

And before anyone wants proof i will need to go video it which isnt a problem, also the car only has bolt ons - short ram, 4-1 mani, de-cat, cat back system. Makes 172 bhp @ the fly - had it roaded at an event and it showed over 180 but i kept hearing rumors that it wasnt acurate and there was 1.4 standard honda's making over 100. I took it to a reputable Dyno and i have dyno charts of a very acurate 172.

Hopefully not long from now a nice JDM spec ITR DC2 engine will be on the cards - got quoted £1600 for all items for swap!

Back