Vintage Tuning Garage: Official Page (Corvette Z06 Race Car/Stratos Street/Rally)

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 169 comments
GTP_FreakinWolfy
Vintage Tuning Garage​
Welcome to what will become your only stop for anything vintage! In this garage we will be providing only the absolute best tunes for all of your classic favorites, and are welcome to any corrections you find necessary to make them so. We only ask that instead of posting your tune/correction in this thread you Private Message either 200MphFord, Mudd, or myself so that we may edit them into the existing post (You will be credited of course) And please, if you have any requests don't hesitate to ask! We will in time cover every car that dates before 1979, but have no problem doing them on your schedule.
Remember, feedback is more than welcome!

-James

Race Tunes:

Street Tunes:

Last edited:
picture.php

This tune is done fully maxed out with RS tires, 764hp, 918kg, 586pp

Transmission: 216mph, 3.700 final
LSD: 42,13,46
Ride Height: -3/2
Spring Rate: 14.7/12.3
Dampers Ext: 6/5
Dampers Comp: 4/4
Anti Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 2.1/1.3
Toe Angle: -.15/-.08
Brake Balance: 5/2

I got it down to a 1:11.8 on Deep Forest online as well as a 1:27.4 on Trial Mountain, and feel like it can be taken faster with a better connection than my internet allows, and, of course a better driver. It still likes to fishtail when you accelerate hard out of a sharp bend, so remember to be smooth with throttle application.

Last edited:
In this Garage i plan on tuning the more difficult of the classic cars like the Lancia Stratos, Trans Cammer, and those other cars that are constantly requested but never get answered. This is my official GT350R tune that i have worked on for a few months with the help of friends and advice from the tuning forum. Now i cant say its a perfect tune, It still has that classic Shelby attitude. Push it too hard and it will bite back but overall i feel that i've tamed this beast and made it into a car that can turn consistant lap times and give you a rewarding feeling when you complete several laps without losing the rear. This isn't a tuned car that you can just get into and expect it to drive itself, it will take a little time to learn how to drive it correctly. I can't say its the best tune but it sure is fun to drive this car around corners. I almost don't want to post this tune but i feel the community needs a decently tuned Shelby. I do all my tuning online without any aids. I will include a few lap times of some different tracks.
Picture002.jpg

Shelby GT350R Fully Modified
Tires: Racing Softs
Transmission
1st 3.028
2nd 1.852
3rd 1.322
4th 1.009
5th .816
Final Gear 3.452
Top speed 205

Differential
Intitial Torque 12
Acceleration Sensitivity 30
Deceleration Sensitivity 15

Suspension Settings
Ride Height Front: -15 Rear: 7
Spring Rate Front: 7.0 Rear: 7.0
Dampers Extension Front: 2 Rear: 3
Dampers Compression Front: 2 Rear: 2
Anti Roll Bars Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber Front: .5 Rear: 0
Toe Front: -.03 Rear: -.07
Brake Bias Front: 6 Rear: 4

Lap Times
Indy Road Course 1:34.393
Laguna Seca 1:29.480
Daytona Road Course 1:50.253
Trial Mountain 1:32.565
I know that some will look at the tune and think i've gone completely backwards with a few of the settings but I have literally tried everything with this car and I feel this is the most controllable setting for this car and it seems to respond well. To me this is just a starting point to a possibly better tune in the future. If you feel you have improved upon the tune please PM me so we can try it out online to see how it behaves. Please leave some sort of feedback for this tune, I would also appreciate how this tune works with a wheel since im a controller user.

Last edited:
I have updated my post from earlier this week with my GT350R tune. The next car i plan on tuning is my Trans Cammer. Feel free to post requests because at this point im not sure which cars to tune other than the ones that seem to constantly be requested but never get a tune posted.

I'll subscribe for sure, and try out that Shelby Tune later, I only managed second place on one of the seasonals with a stock GT350.. so you're tuned version should win with no problems:)

A tune for a non- RMed Dodge Challenger R/T '70 fully modded would be much appreciated. I cannot find a tune that isn't for the RM.

colepepper
A tune for a non- RMed Dodge Challenger R/T '70 fully modded would be much appreciated. I cannot find a tune that isn't for the RM.

You should see Kalmiya117's post about the Challenger. Its a discussion thread and he Has tunes for both the RM and non RM. We're actually not gonna post tunes for the Camaro RM or Challenger RM since there is already plenty of tunes for those 2 cars.

MadBlunted
good sirs,

i was wondering if you could configure the Triumph Spitfire into the Le Mans GT6 Spitfire specs.

merci

Thats also another car we're going to tune and JLawrence has a special place in his heart for that car so expect a great tune for that car.

the stratos is brilliant in racing softs.and that low end howl of the ferrari engine makes holes in me head.

cant wait for the GT 6 tune sirs.

Any chance of a tune for an E-type Jag?

I'm about ready to post my tune for the Jag. I have it tuned to 500pp I believe, and have been running some very quick laps with it. I can do a maxed tune if you would like though.

good sirs,

i was wondering if you could configure the Triumph Spitfire into the Le Mans GT6 Spitfire specs.

merci

I am not certain that I will be able to replicate the Le Mans Spitfires, but I can give you a tune that is virtually the exact set up I run on the Spitfire racer in my garage here at home. Or, I as I said about the Jag I could max it out for you and make it as good as possible. Regardless I am a Triumph guy and I will make sure to do it justice.

I am not certain that I will be able to replicate the Le Mans Spitfires, but I can give you a tune that is virtually the exact set up I run on the Spitfire racer in my garage here at home. Or, I as I said about the Jag I could max it out for you and make it as good as possible. Regardless I am a Triumph guy and I will make sure to do it justice.

much appreciated good sir.
one thing though.could it manage without all these PP's and ballast add ons?
because i still run gt5 without the updates so..hmm..i just want to hear her run lol.thanks

Very nice tune on the GT350. Love the tranny settings. Car is still tough to drive, has a very touchy throttle, but I was able to beat my best lap at Grand Valley East reverse (my test track) by a sec. Should improve with more practice. Thanks for the help.

CobraMustang
Very nice tune on the GT350. Love the tranny settings. Car is still tough to drive, has a very touchy throttle, but I was able to beat my best lap at Grand Valley East reverse (my test track) by a sec. Should improve with more practice. Thanks for the help.

Yes i agree its still a tough car to drive but overall i believe its a whole lot mpre controllable when it comes to corners.

much appreciated good sir.
one thing though.could it manage without all these PP's and ballast add ons?
because i still run gt5 without the updates so..hmm..i just want to hear her run lol.thanks

Of course! My current tune that I haven't refined for online racing is at 112hp and runs roughly the same as the fastest Spit's run at Laguna and from all I could gather, nearly the same if just a hair faster on Circuit De La Sarthe. I don't generally bother with ballast aside from tinkering with weight distribution, so I've left that alone on this one. I will try and post both the Le Mans tune and the fully prepped tune tomorrow.

Just to let anyone know if your interested, i host open tuning rooms titled either Classic Tuning or Vintage Tuning. If your looking for a tuning partner or looking for a quick race let me know. I'm always up for a good challenge.

picture.php

This particular car will have two tunes, one maxed out, and one as requested by MadBlunted that will match the Le Mans Spitfires as closely as I can manage. This is my personal favorite car in Gran Turismo, simply because I own a Spitfire racer myself, but I am honestly quite disappointed in how it performs online in terms of handling compared to the real world. By this I mean that with any amount of lateral G's the rear slides out, and it becomes nearly impossible to recover cleanly, so a good amount of finesse is needed with throttle and steering inputs.

Fully Prepped:
137Hp, 718Kg, 414Pp
Transmission: 124Mph, Standard Final Gear
LSD: 13/8/15
Ride Height: -13/8
Spring Rate: 6.3/2.4
Dampers (Ext): 6/5
Dampers (Comp): 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/2
Camber: 2.5/2.1
Toe: -.18/-.16
Brake Balance: 7/5
Tires: RM/RS

Le Mans Tuning:
104Hp, 718Kg, 387Pp

Parts Bought: Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Window Weight Reduction, Chassis Reinforcement, ECU Tuning, Stage 1 Engine, Sports Intake, Racing Air Filter, Titanium Exhaust, Sports Catalytic Converter, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Customizable Transmission/LSD/Suspension, Twin-Plate Clutch, Semi-Racing Flywheel, Carbon Drive Shaft

Transmission: 118Mph, Final Gear - 3.713 (This would be for your general track like Laguna Seca or Grand Valley where top speed is much less a factor than acceleration) For Le Mans itself I would suggest keeping the standard final gear and setting the top speed for 130Mph. On the long straights it should hold steady at 124/5Mph and run times in the low 5 minute range, which is what the ADU Spitfires were running in the 60's
LSD: 11,7,13
Ride Height: -18/4
Spring Rate: 5.6/2.4
Dampers (Ext): 7/5
Dampers (Comp): 3/3
Camber: 2.6/2.2
Toe: -.14/-.37
Brake Balance: 7/5
Tires: RM/RS

With the fully tuned version I was running in the neighborhood of 1:35 on Laguna Seca, and 1:41 with the Le Mans tune just for a frame of reference.

Last edited:
200MphFord
Just to let anyone know if your interested, i host open tuning rooms titled either Classic Tuning or Vintage Tuning. If your looking for a tuning partner or looking for a quick race let me know. I'm always up for a good challenge.

Hey :) I'd like to join you in the vintage tuning rooms. I have plenty of older vehicles I am constantly trying to improve then getting frustrated and jumping back in the integra :). My psn I'd is skunkyskunkface and I'm always up for a fast, fair tuning / race session.

Hey :) I'd like to join you in the vintage tuning rooms. I have plenty of older vehicles I am constantly trying to improve then getting frustrated and jumping back in the integra :). My psn I'd is skunkyskunkface and I'm always up for a fast, fair tuning / race session.
PM me and we'll figure that out.

One that isn't "fully prepped".

My current Jag is tuned to what I would think is the equivalent of the real world VDCA or HSR limitations. I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 475pp with it I believe. I'll see about finishing it up and posting it this week.

5313619757_1fae0a0fc7.jpg

Disclaimer: This is in no way meant to be realistic, just simply the fastest possible 500F

Parts: Everything. Aero included. RS tires

Tune:
Aero - 20
Ballast Position - -50 (to center the weight from the rear engine)
Transmission - 106mph, 5.294 final gear
Initial Torque - 9
Acceleration Sensitivity - 9
Braking Sensitivity - 41 (Not really necessary, but it allows for mid-turn braking)
Ride Height - -15/-20
Spring Rate - 8.7/5.9
Dampers (Ext) - 6/5
Dampers (Comp) - 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars - 5/2
Camber - 2.8/1.6
Toe - 0.16/0.34
Brake Balance - 6/3

I ran a blistering 1:45.6 around Laguna Seca with this tiny thing, but I will say I was very tempted to just follow my ghost around from lap one around 'cause it was so darn cute, and have since named my little Fiat Casper. But anyways.... I feel like this is more or less the most efficient set up for the '68 500F. Go crazy!

Side Note: Best Lap - Daytona: 55.017/ 235Mph Top Speed

Last edited:
will this setup work fine for the new seasonal event on trial mountain?
if so i will give it a try tonight and let you know how it worked out

JLawrence
Thoughts?

It's quite fun, much better than I expected(since it only has 60 hp) I defiantly recommend it!

@tw34: the setup is for the 1968, the new seasonal requires the newest Fiat 500

Back