Grease Monkey Engineering - MOVING HOUSE!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 274 comments
No, Adrenaline is like the loose cannon of the GTP Tuning forum. Mafia_boy is……just that, actually. He's the Mafia. Every time he shows up, I actually feel how imposing he is, it's radiating off my laptop…mind you, that's how I feel when RJ talks to me…

Pffftt... Adrenaline has stolen that title off you, you're lightweight compared with him :mischievous::mischievous:

(just stirring!!!)

I think this pic from the funny pic thread gets the point across, swap "caught stealing" with "annoying me". :mischievous:

dexterly.jpg

:lol:

No, Adrenaline is like the loose cannon of the GTP Tuning forum. Mafia_boy is……just that, actually. He's the Mafia. Every time he shows up, I actually feel how imposing he is, it's radiating off my laptop…mind you, that's how I feel when RJ talks to me…

RJ's the bouncer, he lets you in when he decides to.....usually with things like this: "Coming in this forum are ya?? Not with that posting style you're not!" :lol::D

What about me and my axe? Are we good for nothing, eh?:grumpy:

Well, at least the main baboon.. er, monkey, is here now to keep the banana loving bunch in relative order. Mind you, MFT will keep it's iron grip regarding post quality and such, and Mafs and RJ know what happened to certain MiniChris when he stole from us. He sorta disappeared for a while, and when he returned, he wasn't quite the same.. :mischievous:

Well, at least the main baboon.. er, monkey, is here now to keep the banana loving bunch in relative order. Mind you, MFT will keep it's iron grip regarding post quality and such, and Mafs and RJ know what happened to certain MiniChris when he stole from us. He sorta disappeared for a while, and when he returned, he wasn't quite the same.. :mischievous:

LOL! Baboon Arse Engineering :lol: And what happened with this MiniChris dude? Stolen tunes? And I guess you could be Mafia_boy's hit man :D

He stole/copied our GT4 settings sheet and intro as they were, barely bothered to modify it. The rest is as I told, he was kidna- er, gone for a while and brainwa- errr.. reconsidered his strategy.. If you catch my drift.

Oh……ouch… I see that your mafia hit man side took care of him real well there……remind me never to piss you off (runs away scared) :scared:

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Drag tune for ssr7 to the first green light on the wall​

Power: 356hp@7400rpm
Torque: 34kgfm@7400rpm
RPM Limit: 8000rpm
Weight: 931kg
Mileage: 256.8km
Performance Points: 509
Engine Limiter: 100.0%
Top Speed: 220km/h (Achieved at SSR7 in Online Free Run)

Parts To Buy
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Convertor
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Soft Tyres
Type B Rear Wing

Settings
Suspension
Height: -20/45
Spring Rate: 2.9/15.0
Damper Extension: 1/10
Damper Compression: 1/10
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/6
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: 0.00/0.20

Gearbox
Set Final to 5.500 ,max speed to 180,then final to 4.420 then set the following ratios:
1st: 3.555
2nd: 2.508
3rd: 1.876
4th: 1.469
5th: 1.201
6th: 1.024
(Max Speed should now read 215km/h)
LSD
Initial Torque: 60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Downforce: 0/5

Last edited:
Mazda RX-7 SPIRIT R TYPE A (FD) '02
Drag tune for ssr7​
Power: 560hp@7400rpm
Torque: 55kgfm@7400rpm
RPM Limit: 8000rpm
Weight: 1051kg
Mileage: 345.7km
Performance Points: 574
Engine Limiter: 100.0%
Top Speed: 390km/h (Achieved at SSR7 in Online Free Run)

Parts To Buy
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Convertor
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Soft Tyres
Type A/B Rear Wing

Settings
Suspension
Height: 45/-20
Spring Rate: 3.0/15.5
Damper Extension: 1/10
Damper Compression: 1/10
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: 0.00/0.20

Gearbox
Set Final to 5.500 ,max speed to 180,then final to 2.500 then set the following ratios:
1st: 3.886
2nd: 2.741
3rd: 2.051
4th: 1.606
5th: 1.312
6th: 1.119
(Max Speed should now read 381km/h)
LSD
Initial Torque: 60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Downforce: 0/5

Just one question on the BTCC Civic. Is it the FD2 Civic Type R '08?
I don't think there is a FN2 Civic in the game and I always thought the traditional Type R colour was Championship White. :dopey:

I find it funny that you've started posting tunes at the time when RKM is ready to have a sleep. :mischievous: But lovely to see you guys back at long last. Good job I now have my money into the 20,000,000 zone... :D

Glad to see GME open! All the best to the monkies! :D:tup: Now Mafs, you have one final task before we can stop bothering you.

Host a TC! :P

Dodge Viper Srt10 ACR '08
Displacement:8354cc
Max Power:1031bhp/6800rpm
Max Torque:91kgfm/5400rpm
Drivetrain:FR
Weight:1257kg
Power to weight ratio:1.20/bhp
Length:4459mm
Width:1911mm
Height:1210mm
PP:668
Colour:Gold Chrome

This Dodge has lots of acceleration and this drag setting is set up for SSR7 . By the end of the tunnel u should hit a least around 394km.

Parts needed:
A wing
Stage 3 weight reduction
Window weight reduction
Carbon bonnet
Rigidity improvement
Sports ECU
Stage 3 Engine tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing exhaust
FC Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch Semi Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Cabron propeller shaft
FC Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres
Supercharger
Settings:
Aerodynamics:10/25
Transmission:
Final gear to the right
Max speed to the left
Final to 2.369
1st:2.578
2nd:2.144
3rd:1.685
4th:1.339
5th:1.081
6th:0.912
FC LSD:
60/60
60/60
5/5
Suspension:
Ride H:40/-20
Spring rate:7.5/18.0
Dampers E:1/10
Dampers C:1/10
Anti-roll bars:4/4
Camber:0.0/0.0
Toe:0.00/0.20
Brake balance:2/2

Last edited:

:lol: I love my axe wielding dwarf.....but I choose to keep that side of you quiet to surprise people. :P

Glad to see GME open! All the best to the monkies! :D:tup: Now Mafs, you have one final task before we can stop bothering you.

Host a TC! :P

Hahahaha, OMG, you really want to give me a stroke by hosting another TC......well, atleast there's more people available to judge. :lol:

Nissan Woodone Advan Clarion GT-R '08
Displacement:4494cc
Max Power:659bhp/7300rpm
Max Torque:65kgfm/7300rpm
Drivetrain:FR
Weight:1100kg
Power to weight ratio:1.64/bhp
Length:4800mm
Width:-
Height:-
PP:636
This GTR has lots of acceleration and this Track setting is set up for Nurburging 24h. When you go Around the corners you will need to ease the throtle a bit.
Parts needed:
Rigidity improvement
High Rpm Range Turbo Kit
FC Customisable Transmission
FC LSD
FC Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres
Settings:
Aerodynamics:40/61
Transmission:
Reset to default
Max speed to 310km
Final to 3.455
1st:2.458
2nd:1.864
3rd:1.436
4th:1.156
5th:0.939
6th:0.775
FC LSD:
0/6
0/8
0/25
Suspension:
Ride H:-3/-2
Spring rate:12.9/12.6
Dampers E:4/6
Dampers C:4/5
Anti-roll bars:5/6
Camber:1.0/0.5
Toe:0.00/0.20
Brake balance:7/10

We haven't been online much either mate. All the tuning for the FF comp allowed you guys in Wolfpack to catch up and get ahead with your Enzo & ACR tunes. :lol: There was a 2 or 3 day period where we get did some time in but it was focused on the 1/4 mile, not the tunnel.

I'm already in development of a new tunnel gearbox setup to pass a template onto the boys and see how they run with it. Sort of a hybrid between the tune all three of us had been running before and the tune that d2 has shifted to and running now in his cars....including his new, incredible Veyron tune, and for me to describe it that way says something. Suspension has stayed pretty constant, but that may change in the near future as I want to sneak out every little km/h possible & shave time off through the tunnel. The Indy tunes may have to wait in the meantime.

And the first rule of posting you need to learn is not to double post (i.e post consecutively), unless it's for tunes, then that's reasonable. And try to avoid text speak, eh? Or the mods will come round and taser you little monkeys untill you learn :D

And the first rule of posting you need to learn is not to double post (i.e post consecutively), unless it's for tunes, then that's reasonable. And try to avoid text speak, eh? Or the mods will come round and taser you little monkeys untill you learn :D

I also taser people who try to instruct my monkeys what to do. :mischievous: I deal with them, and if I can't control them then the mods control them....not you. 👍 Just advising you that they know the rules and I remind them at every given opportunity to do things the right way.

Well…that's better than being butchered by Mafia boy like Fe6wtv he was called……Ok, I'll hand the taser back to you then. (runs away very quickly)

good stuff guys. i am new but had a friend send me a few fast cars(no stripe, acr) to get started

will definitely try out your tunes and hope to see you online

Honda Civic Type R - BTCC Edition Review
Many thanks to mafs for sharing his Civic with me so that I could dump on review it :mischievous:.
Reviewed at Grand Valley Speeedway in practice mode using Six-axis controller on v1.10 update.

Parts Only (default settings)
The default gearing is terrible for this power and grip! Ridiculously short ratios meant every corner was a gear too high and the poor rev limiter copped a bashing for a good part of the front straight. So there's plenty of scope for the monkeys to improve things in this area. Speaking of the rev-limiter, the unusual power curve means that optimum shift point is as close to the rev-limit as you dare to go.

Lots of dive under brakes means you need time to transition from braking to cornering- this compromises driving style for corners where minimal braking is required (ie when you only downshift one gear). Mid-corner balance is mildly understeery, but the main problem is that the nose takes a while to tighten the line when you lift-off. Grrrrr. Lack of traction causes a fair bit of power understeer, probably made worse by the hyperactive gearing. On the positive side, kerbs were handled very well.

GME Settings
As I was entering the gearing values, I was a bit sceptical that they would work. I should eat my hat, though, because 2nd, 3rd and 4th are spot on for delivering maximum usable traction. 5th and 6th are a bit tall for GVS, though.

Body movement is much better controlled under brakes, nice work guys. If I am being ridiculously nit-picky, I did notice the car gets upset by sudden releases of the brakes (this might be more a message to the driver to stop being so ham-footed, than a fault of the tune!). The overall balance still tends towards understeer (as to be expected for this layout), the advantage of the GME tune is the adjustability which is much improved.

A bit more high-speed agility would have been useful through the high speed sequence (turns 2,3,4) as I found the car was very punishing if either cornering line or speed were slightly off. I'm guessing this is also a problem with the default settings (but not noticeable because there are worse faults present), and on the positive side, the high speed balance is very nice as proved by being able to take the final sweeper flat.

My lap time with the GME tune was 0.7 seconds quicker than default settings (I'm too embarrassed to post actual times- cos they're both slow! :dunce:), but I think this is understating the improvement. I suspect that the test car with only 400km on it was not properly run in, it did seem to lose some sharpness as the km increased. More important than any numbers, the GME tune felt much better.

Nice work monkeys, extra bananas all round!

Back