Grease Monkey Engineering - MOVING HOUSE!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 274 comments
OMG , Oil Monkey Engineering - GME , Grease Monkey Engineering 👍

I see you are releasing drag setups and track setups.
Are you going planning to publish any max speed setups like we did in M&M with macca (mcsqueegy)?

MadMax

Hmm, some times its really hard to "feel" the differance in gt5 because we dont have timing system. But i do care about your tuning, and i want explenations so i can try to implement similar technics to my cars. Its all about caring and sharing.

Please explain more about the gtr r35 tune, because im tuning mine as well...

If you reveal something cool, you get a paint chip.👍
Yes its true, you get faster by applying those suspension settings, i tested to make the car higher in the front and slammed in the rear....

OMG , Oil Monkey Engineering - GME , Grease Monkey Engineering 👍

I see you are releasing drag setups and track setups.
Are you going planning to publish any max speed setups like we did in M&M with macca (mcsqueegy)?

MadMax

SRT4 & Veyron Top Speed tunes have already been developed. Just not happy with the result of the SRT4 because I know it can go more than it's current 348km/h no draft top speed, but already planned to release my Stage 1 Veyron Top Speed tune. 👍

Hmm, some times its really hard to "feel" the differance in gt5 because we dont have timing system. But i do care about your tuning, and i want explenations so i can try to implement similar technics to my cars. Its all about caring and sharing.

Please explain more about the gtr r35 tune, because im tuning mine as well...

If you reveal something cool, you get a paint chip.👍
If you come into a GME room we'll reveal it and you won't even need a paint chip to gift. It's getting to the point that we're not the only tuning garage in there doing drag tunes lately (HI SLUMP!! :P) and getting ourselves prepared.

Yes its true, you get faster by applying those suspension settings, i tested to make the car higher in the front and slammed in the rear....

These are just settings to get the rest of the competition up to speed, we're tired of seeing GTR's that just don't cut the mustard when it comes to pace. 👎

i have the gtr specv 09 and the gtr academy im havein alil trouble tuning it for the 1/4 drag at indy road course if anyone can give a few pointers send me a fr at HaTcH3tKidd

If you come into a GME room we'll reveal it and you won't even need a paint chip to gift. It's getting to the point that we're not the only tuning garage in there doing drag tunes lately (HI SLUMP!! :P) and getting ourselves prepared.

These are just settings to get the rest of the competition up to speed, we're tired of seeing GTR's that just don't cut the mustard when it comes to pace. 👎
Okay, but how do i know what rooms are yours? Why dont you share you secrets on this forum? I still believe that the gtr settings are absurd. Okay you gain a couple of mph by making your car higher, and then you can make your gears even shorter for better acceleration. But i do not understand the concept of 4wd drag suspension. Sercond, have seen gtr that are lightning fast without beeing slammed in the rear and extreme camber...

Okay, but how do i know what rooms are yours?
Simple, our rooms are labeled as "Grease Monkey Tuning" or "GME Tunnel Drag" or something along those lines, otherwise we are always in the rooms that are "Tunnel Drag, No BS!" because we hate dealing with the idiots at times.

Why dont you share you secrets on this forum?
Because what's the point of having a competitive advantage then if all I'm going to do is divulge them all to you?? Think about it.
I still believe that the gtr settings are absurd. Okay you gain a couple of mph by making your car higher, and then you can make your gears even shorter for better acceleration. But i do not understand the concept of 4wd drag suspension. Sercond, have seen gtr that are lightning fast without beeing slammed in the rear and extreme camber...
You may think they are absurd, but they work and that's the bottom line. As for the other cars that aren't slammed with extreme camber, that's their choice as much as it was cooldude's choice to fit his GTR with camber. They might not have realised that some things that cooldude's done ARE secrets that haven't been applied to their cars. :cool:

Simple, our rooms are labeled as "Grease Monkey Tuning" or "GME Tunnel Drag" or something along those lines, otherwise we are always in the rooms that are "Tunnel Drag, No BS!" because we hate dealing with the idiots at times.

Because what's the point of having a competitive advantage then if all I'm going to do is divulge them all to you?? Think about it.

You may think they are absurd, but they work and that's the bottom line. As for the other cars that aren't slammed with extreme camber, that's their choice as much as it was cooldude's choice to fit his GTR with camber. They might not have realised that some things that cooldude's done ARE secrets that haven't been applied to their cars. :cool:
Well, okay. But since cooldude has released the "magic" suspension settings on forum, then its not secret anymore rght?

Well, okay. But since cooldude has released the "magic" suspension settings on forum, then its not secret anymore rght?

But, who says his settings are the optimum settings for the car?? Also, who says he has put in EVERYTHING we've learnt in that car in that tune?? Remember, the tunes we put up for drag are so the rest of the competition can get up to speed.

I find it funny personally how you're asking this in my thread, but you aren't asking this to Dr.Slump who has released drag tunes aswell and stated that his tunes are to get the field up to speed aswell. Just saying.

But, who says his settings are the optimum settings for the car?? Also, who says he has put in EVERYTHING we've learnt in that car in that tune?? Remember, the tunes we put up for drag are so the rest of the competition can get up to speed.

I find it funny personally how you're asking this in my thread, but you aren't asking this to Dr.Slump who has released drag tunes aswell and stated that his tunes are to get the field up to speed aswell. Just saying.
Well, i only asked because i haven seen those settings before, the settings you are using are far to strange...

And with this statement "Also, who says he has put in EVERYTHING we've learnt in that car in that tune?? Remember, the tunes we put up for drag are so the rest of the competition can get up to speed." To me, its like a shortcut to get a slightly faster gtr for the beginner, but useless for the advanced tuner, because you havent explained the theory behind your/cooldudes setup...

Well, i only asked because i haven seen those settings before, the settings you are using are far to strange...
But they work, and that's all that matters. Doesn't matter how strange it looks. It could look like a two-headed alien on a dog-doo stick but so long as it works, that's all that people care about.

And with this statement "Also, who says he has put in EVERYTHING we've learnt in that car in that tune?? Remember, the tunes we put up for drag are so the rest of the competition can get up to speed." To me, its like a shortcut to get a slightly faster gtr for the beginner, but useless for the advanced tuner, because you havent explained the theory behind your/cooldudes setup...
Well I NEVER said I was doing tunes for the advanced people. You guys already know the tricks of the trade so to tell you guys what to do is really redundant, an exercise in futility as such. That's why the tunes are focused for the beginners, for the people who post up 200 threads a day in this section asking for tunes for their GTR, or No Stripe, or ACR, or whatever they want to race!! People like yourself who actually have some knowledge on how to tune don't need to worry about these tunes we post up, you just have to worry about our cars that we race. :mischievous:

But they work, and that's all that matters. Doesn't matter how strange it looks. It could look like a two-headed alien on a dog-doo stick but so long as it works, that's all that people care about.

Well I NEVER said I was doing tunes for the advanced people. You guys already know the tricks of the trade so to tell you guys what to do is really redundant, an exercise in futility as such. That's why the tunes are focused for the beginners, for the people who post up 200 threads a day in this section asking for tunes for their GTR, or No Stripe, or ACR, or whatever they want to race!! People like yourself who actually have some knowledge on how to tune don't need to worry about these tunes we post up, you just have to worry about our cars that we race. :mischievous:
Hmm okay.

Thanks for the kind words there Adam and love the fact you're proud to be a GME customer. 👍

In case people on GTP aren't realising, I've been releasing bits and pieces of my Big Batch #1 to certain people to evaluate and race around in, in the form of either providing the setup tunes for their cars or for gifting people complete tuned cars that I bought and built up, such as Pauln123's Gallardo. :)

The storm brews, the big batch approaches. 56 cars in one hit from 1 monkey, in all different tuning states (circuit, drift, drag, factory recreations), itching to be unleashed. :cool: The shop will close for a short while before they appear as I prepare to launch them one after the other over a short period.

Thanks for the kind words there Adam and love the fact you're proud to be a GME customer. 👍

In case people on GTP aren't realising, I've been releasing bits and pieces of my Big Batch #1 to certain people to evaluate and race around in, in the form of either providing the setup tunes for their cars or for gifting people complete tuned cars that I bought and built up, such as Pauln123's Gallardo. :)

The storm brews, the big batch approaches. 56 cars in one hit from 1 monkey, in all different tuning states (circuit, drift, drag, factory recreations), itching to be unleashed. :cool: The shop will close for a short while before they appear as I prepare to launch them one after the other over a short period.
Sounds like a lot of monkey business to me.:lol:

No monkey business on this, this is legitimate Desperado. Join me in my lounge and I'll give you a full tour of what's coming. :cool:

No monkey business on this, this is legitimate Desperado. Join me in my lounge and I'll give you a full tour of what's coming. :cool:
That was a joke son...a joke I say!:lol:

Seriously wish I could but I'm getting ready to head to work right now.:grumpy:

Shame I can't join…I would have loved to know what you're up to…

Well, it's luck for us. Lag FTW!!! (You remember? :lol: )
If you want to know where we are, try my second (or GME's, of course) Enzo base tune. We are 1-2 car lenghts faster.

Well, it's luck for us. Lag FTW!!! (You remember? :lol: )
If you want to know where we are, try my second (or GME's, of course) Enzo base tune. We are 1-2 car lenghts faster.

Lol yup, lagging the monkeys out of the room :lol: and well, you were already 1-2 car lengths faster than my Enzo (track tunes + drag race = onboy humiliated by dr_slump)

Lol yup, lagging the monkeys out of the room :lol: and well, you were already 1-2 car lengths faster than my Enzo (track tunes + drag race = onboy humiliated by dr_slump)

No, you're running my first base tune. I released a new one.

No, you're running my first base tune. I released a new one.

man i cant wait to get back on and start dragging again. The last person i ran was A1 from wolfpack and it was a good run too but dam im keen now :-)

A1 is not part of wolfpack

Its either he hates us and poking fun or he is a huge fan :lol:

Wolfpack:
Sammy
Juancho
Chief
Flaco
AJ

Even if we had a shortlist of potential new members, he wouldn't be on it.

Wolfpack:
Sammy
Juancho
Chief
Flaco
AJ

wow ok Thats spun out coz he knew everything bout wolfpack he said You tuned his enzo if said he has been part of wolfpack for 1 day at this point and every time he won a race he said 'good race baby wolfpack all the way' and Thats Wat he said all0if time . You might need to talk to him bro .

Wolfpack:
Sammy
Juancho
Chief
Flaco
AJ

Who are you then? Because i cant see your psn :P. Is A1 a12345 team solo a1?

I like wolfpack because they dont run their mouths like others.

man i cant wait to get back on and start dragging again. The last person i ran was A1 from wolfpack and it was a good run too but dam im keen now :-)

Yeah, would be nice to see you again. Still holidays?

Sorry Mafia Boy I forgot to put the feedback about the Cien. Anyway it's working great haven't been beaten in the tunnel while using it yet but it's just a little slow on start of, but after it goes past 60mph+ it will pace most the cars down. BTW I'm gonna play with the first gear a bit to see if I can get a quicker start.

The storm brews, the big batch approaches. 56 cars in one hit from 1 monkey, in all different tuning states (circuit, drift, drag, factory recreations), itching to be unleashed.

56 cars, eh? So I'm guesssing it's the Audi A2 1.4, BMW 120d, Buick GNX ’87, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Citroën C3 1.6, Daihatsu Copen Detachable Top, Daihatsu MOVE CX, Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus, Ford Ka, Ford Taurus SHO, Honda CITY Turbo II, Lexus IS 200, Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence, Isuzu PIAZZA, Mazda 323F, Mazda6 5-door, Mercedes-Benz A 160, MINI ONE, Mitsubishi ECLIPSE GT, Mitsubishi LEGNUM VR-4, Nissan March 12SR, Lexus SC 300, MGF, Opel Corsa Comfort 1.4, Peugeot 307 CC, Pontiac Vibe, Suzuki CERVO, Toyota ARISTO 3.0V, Toyota PRIUS G, Volkswagen Bora V6 4MOTION, Volkswagen New Beetle 2.0, Volvo 240 GLT Estate

...and remaining 23 will be remarkably similar "special editions" of the R34 (eg R34 Nur Spec 2.1b With Extra Cupholder For Left Rear Passenger)

:lol:

Back