Grease Monkey Engineering - MOVING HOUSE!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 274 comments
Who are you then? Because i cant see your psn :P. Is A1 a12345 team solo a1?
aj071082

yes a12345qwerty or something like that

pretty sure his enter/exit comments is "team solo a1", like you mentioned

i know him from way back, i have helped a lot of people with tunes and he may have been one of them. i help people i have seen regularly and have decently fast cars because i know they have been working on it and know the basics, not a noob who wants everything spoon fed(legit)

i have seen him run in rooms and he says "go wolfpack" or something to that effect and he isnt part of the group

its weird, i really dont know what his intentions are

aj071082

yes a12345qwerty or something like that

pretty sure his enter/exit comments is "team solo a1", like you mentioned

i know him from way back, i have helped a lot of people with tunes and he may have been one of them. i help people i have seen regularly and have decently fast cars because i know they have been working on it and know the basics, not a noob who wants everything spoon fed(legit)

i have seen him run in rooms and he says "go wolfpack" or something to that effect and he isnt part of the group

its weird, i really dont know what his intentions are
Okay, i have been running with a1 these days, mostly zr1 and acr, pretty fast ones. I think there are quite few people that wants to be in wolfpack though....

What about i_beat_ya_ass, do you know that guy? If im not wrong, he claimed to have the fastest gtr couple of months ago...

TT3AZ
Okay, i have been running with a1 these days, mostly zr1 and acr, pretty fast ones. I think there are quite few people that wants to be in wolfpack though....

What about i_beat_ya_ass, do you know that guy? If im not wrong, he claimed to have the fastest gtr couple of months ago...

I think that crown belongs to KRAVENRAW or IZ_CAPN_SMOKE. Their GT-Rs beat veyrons :)

TT3AZ
Hmm, okay. Then veyrons must be bad tuned. Hows it going, are you still on vacation?

Not really. Not the best tuners but defiantly not stock. They are of the few that can beat my quattro ;)

Yep still on vacation. Really missing GT5. if I didn't have this app I don't know what I'd do lol

56 cars, eh? So I'm guesssing it's the Audi A2 1.4, BMW 120d, Buick GNX ’87, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Citroën C3 1.6, Daihatsu Copen Detachable Top, Daihatsu MOVE CX, Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus, Ford Ka, Ford Taurus SHO, Honda CITY Turbo II, Lexus IS 200, Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence, Isuzu PIAZZA, Mazda 323F, Mazda6 5-door, Mercedes-Benz A 160, MINI ONE, Mitsubishi ECLIPSE GT, Mitsubishi LEGNUM VR-4, Nissan March 12SR, Lexus SC 300, MGF, Opel Corsa Comfort 1.4, Peugeot 307 CC, Pontiac Vibe, Suzuki CERVO, Toyota ARISTO 3.0V, Toyota PRIUS G, Volkswagen Bora V6 4MOTION, Volkswagen New Beetle 2.0, Volvo 240 GLT Estate

...and remaining 23 will be remarkably similar "special editions" of the R34 (eg R34 Nur Spec 2.1b With Extra Cupholder For Left Rear Passenger)

:lol:

The bolded ones are ones I do have tunes for, but only the Eclipses are deserving of release (both my '95 & '06). You picked the wrong Aristo too, I have the V300 and it's a drift setup with 639hp. :P

I think that crown belongs to KRAVENRAW or IZ_CAPN_SMOKE. Their GT-Rs beat veyrons :)

Stock ones I'd believe, but there's no chance they will beat a full house Veyron, not the ones in our league anyway. 👍

Now, onto business.........HURRY THE 🤬 UP D2 AND GET BACK FROM HOLIDAYS, I NEED TO RACE YOU AND TEACH YOU THE NEW TRICKS!! :lol:

The bolded ones are ones I do have tunes for, but only the Eclipses are deserving of release (both my '95 & '06). You picked the wrong Aristo too, I have the V300 and it's a drift setup with 639hp. :P

Stock ones I'd believe, but there's no chance they will beat a full house Veyron, not the ones in our league anyway. 👍

Now, onto business.........HURRY THE 🤬 UP D2 AND GET BACK FROM HOLIDAYS, I NEED TO RACE YOU AND TEACH YOU THE NEW TRICKS!! :lol:

What are the New Tricks??

Cooldude3007
What are the New Tricks??

lol

Its so interesting to see the 2 worlds of drag racing (Indy and SSR7). I hear TT3AZ is a legend over at Indy while Maf and cooldude are gods at SSR7. We all should have a mutual competition over at TGTT or somewhere where would both have to alter our tunes (with a straight of 3/4 mile?) to determine the best tuner of all time 👍

I have actually measured EVERY single straight that we use, but for the purposes of the argument I'll put the three most used (Indy, TGTT & SSR7) on here.

Indy "1/4 mile" is actually 367m/1204ft to the black stripe which is claimed as the finish. The full 1/4 is actually 5 posts after the bridge. 👍

The Top Gear Test Track's runway is 1034m/3392ft long from end to end.

Special Stage Route 7's tunnel is a full 3040m/9974ft long, but I am yet to measure the distance to the first green light. I'll do that tonight and give the results in here too. :)

How did I measure this you ask?? Quite simple. The Citroen C4 WRC has a trip meter in the cockpit. ;)

mafia_boy
I have actually measured EVERY single straight that we use, but for the purposes of the argument I'll put the three most used (Indy, TGTT & SSR7) on here.

Indy "1/4 mile" is actually 367m/1204ft to the black stripe which is claimed as the finish. The full 1/4 is actually 5 posts after the bridge. 👍

The Top Gear Test Track's runway is 1034m/3392ft long from end to end.

Special Stage Route 7's tunnel is a full 3040m/9974ft long, but I am yet to measure the distance to the first green light. I'll do that tonight and give the results in here too. :)

How did I measure this you ask?? Quite simple. The Citroen C4 WRC has a trip meter in the cockpit. ;)

Yea I'm guessing that a section of SSR7 would work good for our purposes :)

lol

Its so interesting to see the 2 worlds of drag racing (Indy and SSR7). I hear TT3AZ is a legend over at Indy while Maf and cooldude are gods at SSR7. We all should have a mutual competition over at TGTT or somewhere where would both have to alter our tunes (with a straight of 3/4 mile?) to determine the best tuner of all time 👍
Well, actually, i play most on ssr7, but i have 1/4 mile cars for indy as well 👍

TT3AZ
Well, actually, i play most on ssr7, but i have 1/4 mile cars for indy as well 👍

Weird. I heard a lot of people at Indy talking about you.

Still looking forward to the mutual competition... After I get back of course lol

Weird. I heard a lot of people at Indy talking about you.

Still looking forward to the mutual competition... After I get back of course lol
Yeah, some times i play hours on indy, some times i play on ssr7. I know both those that plays on indy, and those that are on ssr7.

Hey guys, I have been looking every where for a tune to take a 599 and tune it to the specs of a 599 GTO. Could you help? Thank you very much.

For circuit I assume??

I'd planned to go a bit more extreme and create a 599XX as a factory recreation, yet I get asked for a GTO. :lol: Not a problem though, just gimme a little bit though because I've got to release all these tunes for the big batch this week. :)

In regards to drag racing I've been running a "Timer Tree Drag" room. I don't believe ghost tree is a fair way to start a race since what 1 person sees on their screen is not the same as everyone else, but the total time timer seconds clock is always the same for everyone.

All the drag races in my room go off the total time seconds clock.

I'd be interested to hear what some of the "Fast" racers feel about best way to launch "Ghost vs Timer".

I personally agree with this and preach it myself, but I am also agreeing to whatever method makes people comfortable, be it timer or tree or both. 👍 I know people have their own ways.

In regards to drag racing I've been running a "Timer Tree Drag" room. I don't believe ghost tree is a fair way to start a race since what 1 person sees on their screen is not the same as everyone else, but the total time timer seconds clock is always the same for everyone.

All the drag races in my room go off the total time seconds clock.

I'd be interested to hear what some of the "Fast" racers feel about best way to launch "Ghost vs Timer".
Well, time doesnt show up exactly the same on all screens either. Theres no way the total time can be 100% synced on all ps3. If that were the case, the time would skip like seconds, just so everyone would have the same time.

I have done tests with total time, and it was a delay with 0,3 seconds that time, the delay can differ as well. I dont think the tree gets affected by latency that much, because i live in sweden and often play on US servers, and im usually the one that launches first, maybe its due to my good reaction, otherwize i would see the tree later than others right? Second, not everyone have that good reaction, some people have slighty beter reaction, and thats why they want to run the tree.

Second, we have the anticipation issiue, that some racers go before the time really change. Fact is neither tree or time can assure that both leave at the same time, but one thing is sure, no one can jump on tree. Timer tree is useless, because we dont have redlight. Where do you draw the line for redlight on timer tree? No ones reactions is hardly that good to determine that. In real trees, you have a system that redlights if you jump to quick.
And how are you going to be focused on both the total time and on the ghost car? Its hard enough to just be focused on the ghost. Real trees dont have a clock ticking, that clock is in your mind, and you have anticipate yourself. My bet is that the majority will look at the total time, and not at the ghost car. People can still jump, and just claim that the "tree" is lagging etc.

My experiance with the tree is that i launch much better. I have done tests and those times i lose by time, i win by tree, or its a much closer race. I dont think it has to do with connection issues, then 9/10 players must have horrible connection, and i dont believe that. Yes theres a delay in tree, but this delay i havent seen, and those that launch later than me, it must be due to lazyness, bad reaction or that they cant anticipate. How do you else explain that those that beat me by car lenghts by total time, didnt by tree? And yes, i have run pro tuners as well, and the race was much more even by tree....ask dr24, every single time he beat my gtr by time, but by tree it was different, much more equal. Do i have to say more?

And yes i do run time, and i even anticipate so i can match up with the other one. But i dont like it, some times you get accused of jumping because you leave to soon. But then again, who determines if you go late or soon? We dont have a system telling us our reaction time after the time has changed, or how fast we launch. Lets say you anticipate total time, next round the opponet tries to leave even sooner, and so on. Reaction is reaction, you need good reaction by real tree aswell, that is you react a certain moment after the yellow lights.

To be fair, i run once with time, and once with tree, so we can see the differance. Who is the winner then? Well, hard to say because the tree or total time isnt perfect. But your reaction and tune will help you alot :).

Last edited:
Well, time doesnt show up exactly the same on all screens either. Theres no way the total time can be 100% synced on all ps3. If that were the case, the time would skip like seconds, just so everyone would have the same time.

I have done tests with total time, and it was a delay with 0,3 seconds that time, the delay can differ as well. I dont think the tree gets affected by latency that much, because i live in sweden and often play on US servers, and im usually the one that launches first, maybe its due to my good reaction, otherwize i would see the tree later than others right? Second, not everyone have that good reaction, some people have slighty beter reaction, and thats why they want to run the tree.

Second, we have the anticipation issiue, that some racers go before the time really change. Fact is neither tree or time can assure that both leave at the same time, but one thing is sure, no one can jump on tree. Timer tree is useless, because we dont have redlight. Where do you draw the line for redlight on timer tree? No ones reactions is hardly that good to determine that. In real trees, you have a system that redlights if you jump to quick.
And how are you going to be focused on both the total time and on the ghost car? Its hard enough to just be focused on the ghost. Real trees dont have a clock ticking, that clock is in your mind, and you have anticipate yourself. My bet is that the majority will look at the total time, and not at the ghost car. People can still jump, and just claim that the "tree" is lagging etc.

My experiance with the tree is that i launch much better. I have done tests and those times i lose by time, i win by tree, or its a much closer race. I dont think it has to do with connection issues, then 9/10 players must have horrible connection, and i dont believe that. Yes theres a delay in tree, but this delay i havent seen, and those that launch later than me, it must be due to lazyness, bad reaction or that they cant anticipate. How do you else explain that those that beat me by car lenghts by total time, didnt by tree? And yes, i have run pro tuners as well, and the race was much more even by tree....ask dr24, every single time he beat my gtr by time, but by tree it was different, much more equal. Do i have to say more?

And yes i do run time, and i even anticipate so i can match up with the other one. But i dont like it, some times you get accused of jumping because you leave to soon. But then again, who determines if you go late or soon? We dont have a system telling us our reaction time after the time has changed, or how fast we launch. Lets say you anticipate total time, next round the opponet tries to leave even sooner, and so on. Reaction is reaction, you need good reaction by real tree aswell, that is you react a certain moment after the yellow lights.

To be fair, i run once with time, and once with tree, so we can see the differance. Who is the winner then? Well, hard to say because the tree or total time isnt perfect. But your reaction and tune will help you alot :).

As far as using the timer goes this is how I see it, in real life when you are at a drag strip and you are waiting for the green light any good drag racing driver will tell you to go on the last yellow so by the time the power reaches the ground the light will be green. For me when a time is called to go on ( Ex: 45 ), I let the brake go at 44.5 so by the time 45 ( green light ) happens I am launching. With a ghost its purely reaction time + connection speed that decides who's getting off the line first.

As far as using the timer goes this is how I see it, in real life when you are at a drag strip and you are waiting for the green light any good drag racing driver will tell you to go on the last yellow so by the time the power reaches the ground the light will be green. For me when a time is called to go on ( Ex: 45 ), I let the brake go at 44.5 so by the time 45 ( green light ) happens I am launching. With a ghost its purely reaction time + connection speed that decides who's getting off the line first.
Yes, but you need reaction time to go after yellow light aswell, pretty good one. Besides, in drag racoing, you doint have a timer counting down, that is in your mind, thats the differance. Second, the total time as i wrote doesnt show up on all ps3 the same either...Going by time in gt5 doesnt need any reaction, but reaction is crucial though. Connection speed wont do anything, since most have good connection enough. Latency will affect though, but how do you explain my good launch, even though i play on only most US servers, and i have higher latency? Then as i wrote, we dont have redlight either, and we dont have a official statement that its okay to go 0,5 seconds before time change. How can you say if you go 44.5 or 44.4? You cant, but in real drag racing, the redlight will tell you. We run from tree to eleminate BS about jumping and leaving late, thats it. Besides, this isnt real drag racing, its more of a street drag so to say. And trying to simulate a tree thru time wont work. First, the real tree doesnt have a total time that counts down for you (like total time), second the tree has a red light, that is if you go below 0,5 seconds after yellow, then its red.

It depends from cars to cars, from that i release the handbrake to launch, it takes less then 0,5 seconds for the car to start roling, so that statement i do question. Also, it can depend if you are using ds3 or wheel, according to different sources, that is hardware latency. But if we go at 45, we launch when 44 flips over to 45, that how it was from the beggining. This anticipation thing brings far to much BS because everybody doesnt anticipate at the same time, some can go 0,6 seconds, some can go 0,4, 0,3 etc. Some go exactly when time changes etc...This you have to agree on before racing, since not everybody are pro real drag racers in gt5, and not everybody have mics, so its time consuming. I mean, if i launch at 45, and you launch at 44,5, you will take me, and hence i will say that you jump, because you left early. But if we both agree to launch 0,5 seconds before time change, then its another story. But then again, the total time flaw will also affect. There are manny people saying jumping is if you leave before time changes, some people say it okay because thats how you do in real drag racing, and that also what people arguing about in drag rooms all the time. Thats why people run tree, so end the BS.

Explain why im not affected by tree lag, even thoug i have higher latency and not super duper good connection? Since im playing on mostly US servers, and the person treeing is living in US as well? The tree is affected to a certain extent yes, but the time is as well, both time and tree has flaws and glitches. And to say that the time shows up exactly the same on all ps3 is false.

I play on US servers, and live in the US. But I still get a lot of disconnections, and lag moments. I've never seen you race so I couldn't tell you how good your reaction time is. I just don't see Ghosting as a viable way to start a race.

As far as how I know if its 44.4 or 44.5 when I'm looking at the clock and I see the 5 pop up after 44 I let the brake go. There are a lot of variables to take into count about what is fair, and what is legit in online racing. When I go to the local drag strip and I launch at the last yellow I know that green will come a split second after the last yellow so I let the brake go. As far as the timer not being the same for everyone, I've never heard anyone complain about their timer not saying 45 or whatever time is called when the time pops up.

To save from getting into an argument over which is better ( we both have our opinions ). Lets just agree that PD needs to add a Drag strip with a real Christmas tree. 👍

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
Drag tune for ssr7​

The GT-R Is The Answer To The Jaspense GT-R's. This GT-R Is Not My Top Tune But It Is Still Fast And Gets A Hell Of a Lauch. This Tune Is to Anyone Of Any Type Having Trouble Tuning This Car. The GT-R Has A Good Race Against Tommy Kaira ZZII '00. This Car Has A Mountain Load Of Torque But You Have To Work With That And The Top End. I know The Suspension Is Not A 4WD Suspension But I Have Found To Get A Better Lauch You Apply This Suspension. This Car Should Beat Most Of The People. As Mafia And D2 Have Had Their Major Projects This Is My Major Project Please Give Me Feedback !!!!

Power: 868hp@7400rpm
Torque: 91kgfm@6400rpm
Weight: 1362kg
Mileage: 545.1km
Performance Points: 641
Engine Limiter: 100.0%
Top Speed: 380km/h (Achieved at SSR7 in the tunnel)

Parts To Buy
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Convertor
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Fully Customisable Transmission
Front/Rear Torque Distribution
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
High Range Tubro
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Soft Tyres
Type B Rear Wing (Optional)

Settings
Suspension
Height: 40/-20
Spring Rate: 20.0/17.0
Damper Extension: 10/10
Damper Compression: 10/10
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/6
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: 0.00/0.20

Gearbox
Set Final to 5.500 ,max speed to 290km,then final to 4.575 then set the following ratios:
1st: 3.093
2nd: 2.022
3rd: 1.392
4th: 1.029
5th: 0.786
6th: 0.603
(Max Speed should now read 440km/h)
LSD
Initial Torque: 60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 5
Front/Rear Torque Distribution:
35/65
Downforce: 0/7 (Optional)

Have Fun,
Chris

Last edited:
Ferrari Enzo '02
Drag tune for ssr7​

Power: 922hp@8900rpm
Weight: 1044kg
Mileage: 445.3km
Performance Points: 634
Top Speed: 402km/h 0r 403km/h (Achieved at SSR7 in the tunnel)

Parts To Buy
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Soft Tyres

Settings
Suspension
Height: 40/-25
Spring Rate: 17.0/19.0

Gearbox
Set Final to 5.500 ,max speed to 240km,then final to 2.777 then set the following ratios:
1st: 2.902
2nd: 2.292
3rd: 1.779
4th: 1.425
5th: 1.186
6th: 1.016
(Max Speed should now read 450km/h)
LSD

Have Fun,
Chris

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
Drag tune for ssr7​

The GT-R Is The Answer To The Jaspense GT-R's. This GT-R Is Not My Top Tune But It Is Still Fast And Gets A Hell Of a Lauch. This Tune Is to Anyone Of Any Type Having Trouble Tuning This Car. The GT-R Has A Good Race Against Tommy Kaira ZZII '00. This Car Has A Mountain Load Of Torque But You Have To Work With That And The Top End. I know The Suspension Is Not A 4WD Suspension But I Have Found To Get A Better Lauch You Apply This Suspension. This Car Should Beat Most Of The People. As Mafia And D2 Have Had Their Major Projects This Is My Major Project Please Give Me Feedback !!!!

Power: 868hp@7400rpm
Weight: 1362kg
Mileage: 545.1km
Performance Points: 641
Top Speed: 380km/h (Achieved at SSR7 in the tunnel)

Parts To Buy
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Front/Rear Torque Distribution
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
High Range Tubro
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Soft Tyres
Type B Rear Wing (Optional)

Settings
Suspension
Height: 40/-20
Spring Rate: 20.0/17.0

Gearbox
Set Final to 5.500 ,max speed to 290km,then final to 4.575 then set the following ratios:
1st: 3.093
2nd: 2.022
3rd: 1.392
4th: 1.029
5th: 0.786
6th: 0.603
(Max Speed should now read 440km/h)
LSD
Front/Rear Torque Distribution:
35/65
Downforce: 0/7 (Optional)

Have Fun,
Chris
Okay 380 km/h? Mine does 382 at the exit of the tunnel, but i guess you come there alot faster :). We should test this setup against my traditional one :)

Okay 380 km/h? Mine does 382 at the exit of the tunnel, but i guess you come there alot faster :). We should test this setup against my traditional one :)

the way myself and cooldude3007 tune our GTRs you can use it for 1/4 mile or SSR7:tup:

For circuit I assume??

I'd planned to go a bit more extreme and create a 599XX as a factory recreation, yet I get asked for a GTO. :lol: Not a problem though, just gimme a little bit though because I've got to release all these tunes for the big batch this week. :)

lol:D That would be pretty cool if you could! And Im in no hurry for it, so it doesnt really matter when you get to it :) I have been messing around with it for a couple weeks now, but for some reason I just cant get the gears and the suspension quite right, but if you could help, that would be greatly appreciated!

Back