Grease Monkey Engineering - MOVING HOUSE!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 274 comments
I have an ACR just begging to be dragged now... Didn't read crap, total noob tune. :D
Hope your not talking about the "Slacker Edition" since its way down on power compared to most Drag racers I believe.:eek:

Hey Mafia anything else added to the Gallardo or just that set-up from RVR shootout and limiter to 100%.??

Indy

PS I put wing B on mine like the contrast in color:sly:

Last edited:
GTR 1/4 tune is great stuff, just that I still get beaten by some extremely fine tuned GTR's.

I wonder what the secret is to get that tiny extra speed :sly: .

I have an ACR just begging to be dragged now... Didn't read crap, total noob tune. :D

That's good, we'll be waiting in the tunnel. :cool:

Hey Mafia anything else added to the Gallardo or just that set-up from RVR shootout and limiter to 100%.??

Indy

PS I put wing B on mine like the contrast in color:sly:

No, there's a couple of parts. I'll send the part list over when I get back on my account. My son is recovering from fever and figured some time on the PS3 will stop him whinging about being too sick. :lol:

GTR 1/4 tune is great stuff, just that I still get beaten by some extremely fine tuned GTR's.

Cooldude could tell you, but then we'd all have to kill you. :lol::mischievous:

Screwed around a bit last night, should be looking around tonight in a little while.
Might make a Veyron and GT-R basic setup first. :D

Yay! Then I could race you!!:D Not a lot of people like dragging Veyrons it seems :( and mine is starting to lose it's…spirit. It's not as fast as if was before even with the exact same settings…

Yay! Then I could race you!!:D Not a lot of people like dragging Veyrons it seems :( and mine is starting to lose it's…spirit. It's not as fast as if was before even with the exact same settings…
If it's any consolation, my Viper runs 5mph slower at the end of the tunnel online...

With this base tune you don't leave it on there forever it is to help you. It is for people having trouble with it and you change it any way its not hard.

Thanks,
Chris

That's good, we'll be waiting in the tunnel. :cool:

No, there's a couple of parts. I'll send the part list over when I get back on my account. My son is recovering from fever and figured some time on the PS3 will stop him whinging about being too sick. :lol:

Cooldude could tell you, but then we'd all have to kill you. :lol::mischievous:
You are excatly right mafia

Nissan GT-R Spec V '09
Displacement:3799cc
Max Power:868bhp/7400rpm
Max Torque:91kgfm/6400rpm
Drivetrain:4WD
Weight:1362kg
Power to weight ratio:1.54/bhp
Length:4650mm
Width:1895mm
Height:1370mm
PP:641
Colour:Maziora Mazeran

This GTR has lots of acceleration and this drag setting is set up for Road Course Indy. By the end of the straight u should hit a least around 260km.

Parts needed:
A wing
Stage 3 weight reduction
Window weight reduction
Carbon bonnet
Rigidity improvement
Sports ECU
Stage 3 Engine tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing exhaust
High Rpm Range Turbo Kit
FC Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch Semi Rcing Flywheel
FC LSD
Torque Distributing Centre
Cabron propeller shaft
FC Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres
Settings:
Aerodynamics:2/7
Transmission:
Final gear to the right
Max speed to the left
Final to 4.023
1st:2.850
2nd:2.370
3rd:1.871
4th:1.496
5th:1.250
6th:1.030
FC LSD:
60/60
60/60
5/5
Torque Distbuting centre:
35/65
Suspension:
Ride H:40/-20
Spring rate:10.0/17.0
Dampers E:1/10
Dampers C:1/10
Anti-roll bars:6/6
Camber:3.5/2.5
Toe:0.00/0.00
Brake balance:0/0

Hey I tried this tune today but I realized that I can't get the exact figures of the transmission for the GT-R SPEC-V '09 can you tell me the exact max speed so I can try it with the right figures. Other than the transmission problem the car is awesome. I've beaten a Corvette ZR1 RM, Ferrari Enzo and another GT-R SPEC-V '09. Is it possible for one of GME tuners to tune a Dodge viper acr '10 for the 1/4 mile on road course indy?

Hey I tried this tune today but I realized that I can't get the exact figures of the transmission for the GT-R SPEC-V '09 can you tell me the exact max speed so I can try it with the right figures. Other than the transmission problem the car is awesome. I've beaten a Corvette ZR1 RM, Ferrari Enzo and another GT-R SPEC-V '09. Is it possible for one of GME tuners to tune a Dodge viper acr '10 for the 1/4 mile on road course indy?
You have to do the tranny trick i guess..

d2 asked for feedback, so here's mine: I've had enough of reading "the big batch approaches" just get it on already! :D

I tried out D2's Honda Accord EX Turbo tune last night.
Picked the eiger nord races from the Seasonal FF challenge as my testing ground. simple race and I get a few credits each time. More interesting than sitting in a practice run.

Took the car out stock (hadn't even changed the oil) apart from adding the sports soft tyres. These make such a difference to the handling I wanted to test the tune not how sticky the tyres were.

Now I'm not a great racer, I tend to be a little heavy into corners brake too much and loose lots of time against good racers, but I enjoy it and playing with other peoples tunes is good fun.

So back to the point.
I took the Accord out and run the 3 laps, won the race and posting a best lap time of 1:21:xxx. This was my first time in the car so the poor time was a little to do with that and my bad driving.

I started to upgrade the car a bit at a time and then re-run the race. First part added was the FC suspension, no setup changes. This saved me a whole second I was impressed with just how much these did on there own, added the tune to the suspension that saved me another second.

Next I added the LSD and tuned it. This didn't help at all as there wasn't enough power going through the wheels to really make a difference. So I decided to add some power with the turbo unit. Now the LSD had something to do and the combo shaved another 2 seconds off my time. I was now down to 1:17:xxx

I added the rest of the mods and the tune in further stages and hit the track again and again, but to save you having to read too much I'll leave the blow by blow account for now.

So I got to the full tune, all parts added, all parts fully tuned and I got the lap time down to 1:11:348. Given a few more tries I'm confident if I manage one full clean lap I could get under 1:10 with this tune. I was really impressed with just how much it improved the car.

So I spent 3 hours playing with a Car I had in my garage and had never even looked at before.

Great work guys, I'll be trying other Tunes out soon.

d2 asked for feedback, so here's mine: I've had enough of reading "the big batch approaches" just get it on already! :D

Hope he drags faster than he releases tunes...:lol:

Don't worry, I have my laptop now, and starting to write it up tonight on here. It will be in four sections and the shop will be closed during this time so I don't have any messages in between the 56 cars that I am releasing, and I can also do some housekeeping (linking everything from cooldude's recent releases), so the big batch is upon you.............

@ CactusOnR - Thankyou for the wonderful review there mate. While the Accord didn't perform the best in the 500PP shootout thanks to being neutered so much, it was built to perform on all circuits rather than just Grand Valley and it showed with the improvement you gained over stock. 👍

Just send any of us a PM regarding what car you would like tuned and we'll send over a setting sheet for you or send a FR over via PSN if any of us have space and we'll build a car for you directly. :cool:

mafia_boy
Don't worry, I have my laptop now, and starting to write it up tonight on here. It will be in four sections and the shop will be closed during this time so I don't have any messages in between the 56 cars that I am releasing, and I can also do some housekeeping (linking everything from cooldude's recent releases), so the big batch is upon you.............

So the storm is coming then? Good thing. I'm releasing a batch of cars too for my garage eventually since I'll be back home by today :D This is where you guys will probably get your true monies from...so good luck with this, and everything. ;)

So the storm is coming then? Good thing. I'm releasing a batch of cars too for my garage eventually since I'll be back home by today :D This is where you guys will probably get your true monies from...so good luck with this, and everything. ;)

Thankyou mate. :) I wanted to better my 19 from the initial launch of GME and what better way than to just about triple it since there's triple the monkeys. :D

Yeah? Well I'm gonna release 70 tunes then tomorrow! :lol:
That's pretty crazy guys, sounds like a LOT of work for one night, kudos to you.

Yeah? Well I'm gonna release 70 tunes then tomorrow! :lol:
That's pretty crazy guys, sounds like a LOT of work for one night, kudos to you.

It's a lot of typing yes, hence why it's in FOUR SECTIONS!! :lol: I'm not going to wear my fingers to the knuckles in 1 night, more than likely over 4. :P

Back