Grease Monkey Engineering - MOVING HOUSE!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 274 comments
Unbelievably, it is fully broken in at only 400km. I drove it incessantly at CSR5 for the Civic seasonal to get the hp up as it was a 0km edition originally. Nice 10 million I made in that time too. :D I'm glad you liked the feel of it nomis!! She's definitely not going to beat the turbo ones from the FF competition, but to only be literally tenths behind them when I had no turbo shows that this car can get around the circuit and through the corners decently without needing boost. :)

^ Actually I believe the chassis also breaks in (or wears out, depending on your perspective) in GT5. I suspect it was happening during my testing because I tried for many laps but could not follow the lines of one my first laps.

Anyways, nice tune. It's always good to see a car without the ubiquitous hairdryer turning out quick laps!

Not for 1/4 mile yet. We do have a SSR7 tune that is upcoming.....here's the tunnel tunes we have coming up:

*Ferrari 458
*Option Z
*Lexus LFA
*TVR Griffith
*Nissan R89C
*Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car
*Ford GT '05, '05 No Stripe & '06
*Viper GTS '99 & '02
*Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

That's just from my part of the garage. :cool:👍 Not to mention, we'll be revealing a Veyron tune that will make you just go :eek: at it's pure speed & acceleration....I'm just deciding whether to make it turn aswell or leave it as a pure SSR7 tune.

Not for 1/4 mile yet. We do have a SSR7 tune that is upcoming.....here's the tunnel tunes we have coming up:

*Ferrari 458
*Option Z
*Lexus LFA
*TVR Griffith
*Nissan R89C
*Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car
*Ford GT '05, '05 No Stripe & '06
*Viper GTS '99 & '02
*Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

That's just from my part of the garage. :cool:👍 Not to mention, we'll be revealing a Veyron tune that will make you just go :eek: at it's pure speed & acceleration....I'm just deciding whether to make it turn aswell or leave it as a pure SSR7 tune.

just leave it pure SSR7 speed , who needs to turn lol

:lol:

Hey, I agree with you bro, but we have to cater to the wider audience aswell. ;) I think they appreciate the efforts we make to adapt cars that we normally design to just go straight to actually turn aswell, hence why the Accord & Eclipse went into the FF competition and the reviews we've gained from them have been generally positive. 👍 I can't wait to release those drag tunes, but I'm trying to make them compete with the SRT4 first. :mischievous:

:lol:

Hey, I agree with you bro, but we have to cater to the wider audience aswell. ;) I think they appreciate the efforts we make to adapt cars that we normally design to just go straight to actually turn aswell, hence why the Accord & Eclipse went into the FF competition and the reviews we've gained from them have been generally positive. 👍 I can't wait to release those drag tunes, but I'm trying to make them compete with the SRT4 first. :mischievous:

i know, your right as always lol ill be releasing some drag tunes as soon as i get back bro for the ford gt . Acr . Zonda for sumthing diff and the srt 10 03 model

Hey guys and girls i need feedback on some of my tunes

thxs people

Orright, howzabout the RS10 wagon at Suzuka or Laguna Seca? Which of these do you think will suit it best?

Oi Mafs, I won't name names but one of your monkeys reckons he's fitted a centre diff to the Viper :ouch:. Either the chimp's been busy with an angle grinder and the Big Hammer, or he needs a lesson on why Ol' Uncle Sam only builds thems sports cars the way God intended!!

PM me the name of the person involved nomis, but I will say that unless it was d2 or cooldude saying it, DON'T BELIEVE IT and you have full reign to rip that person a second poo chute!! d2 & cooldude are the only members of GME apart from myself and I SERIOUSLY doubt it would be either of them. Mind you, I do have a heap of customers running around with GME messages on their entry/exit messages so it could've been one of those guys, and it wouldn't surprise me either if it was one of them, because 95% of them are VERY intelligent, it's the 5% that cause the grief and that's what I'm looking at eliminating.

I tested your Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 tune and I immediately fell in love with the immense grip the car has. The grip it gets in the corners and the great acceleration coming out of them put in some great lap times. It did get the back out under heavy braking so I did some minor adjusting of the brake balance. The car looks great and the performance is absolutely amazing. Thanks for sending me the car

Thankyou Pauln. :) Yeah, the LP620 (as I call it) is a factory recreation/circuit racer that's quite fun running on Sports Softs. I deliberately left the brake balance as it was as I like giving people that factory feel so when it steps out, a big bootful of power allows it to rotate around and straighten.

The tune will be available for the general public in the near future. 👍

Orright, howzabout the RS10 wagon at Suzuka or Laguna Seca? Which of these do you think will suit it best?

Oi Mafs, I won't name names but one of your monkeys reckons he's fitted a centre diff to the Viper :ouch:. Either the chimp's been busy with an angle grinder and the Big Hammer, or he needs a lesson on why Ol' Uncle Sam only builds thems sports cars the way God intended!!

well i know not me or cooldude would say that :-) Thats for sure lol

For the RS10 any of the tracks u said will do it

For the RS10 any of the tracks u said will do it
Cool, review soon...

Just read the PM nomis and :lol: at that!! Monkey has been tasered and he's going to fix his error. 👍
Haha... I see a certain post has been edited today. Move along folks... nothing to see here... ;)

I await full retribution, say a monkey pointing out some stupid mistake in the KMW garage! Or perhaps someone hacking my account and changing all the tunes to have TCS turned on (noooooo... the humanity). I should know better than to bait GTP's mafia!!

Haha... I see a certain post has been edited today. Move along folks... nothing to see here... ;)

I await full retribution, say a monkey pointing out some stupid mistake in the KMW garage! Or perhaps someone hacking my account and changing all the tunes to have SRF, Active Steering, Driving Line, Driving Line & TCS turned on (noooooo... the humanity). I should know better than to bait GTP's mafia!!

Fixed for you nomis!! :P

Mafs, those settings pretty much make it B-Spec mode!!

Audi RS10 Avant '08 Review
I have just discovered that IMHO an overpowered RS6 Avant at Laguna Seca on Sport Soft tyres is awful to drive- with either default settings or the GME tune. Sorry! The GME settings were an improvement though.

I'll try again with Racing Softs in the next few days and hopefully be back with better news...

I'm wondering if your crew can tame the baddest of the rear drive monsters.

I'm talking about the TVR Speed 12! Over 1,000hp, roast the tires till 5th gear.

I'm looking for a 1/4 mile ( Indy Road course ) tune to launch with sure grip. I witnessed a Dodge Viper do a full RPM launch this afternoon with 0 wheel spin, and I would like to see the Speed 12 do the same.

I'll pay in Silver/Gold Chromes if need be!!! You can borrow one of my Speed 12s for testing if you don't already have one.

Hey Maf I gave G.M.E. a shout in my new challenge so don't be surprised if people start asking for your SRT4 and how to tune it for Nürburgring.:D:crazy:

Mafs, those settings pretty much make it B-Spec mode!!

Audi RS10 Avant '08 Review
I have just discovered that IMHO an overpowered RS6 Avant at Laguna Seca on Sport Soft tyres is awful to drive- with either default settings or the GME tune. Sorry! The GME settings were an improvement though.

I'll try again with Racing Softs in the next few days and hopefully be back with better news...

Thanks Simon. That was cooldude's tune and I let him see how he would perform on that and run with it, but I did warn him before about the Sports Soft's. It's more of a point and shoot car too with how it reacts from my own little tests with it. Hopefully he takes that critique onboard and adjusts to suit....it's a work in progress for him as he's more used to drag but wants to do circuit. 👍

I'm wondering if your crew can tame the baddest of the rear drive monsters.

I'm talking about the TVR Speed 12! Over 1,000hp, roast the tires till 5th gear.

I'm looking for a 1/4 mile ( Indy Road course ) tune to launch with sure grip. I witnessed a Dodge Viper do a full RPM launch this afternoon with 0 wheel spin, and I would like to see the Speed 12 do the same.

I'll pay in Silver/Gold Chromes if need be!!! You can borrow one of my Speed 12s for testing if you don't already have one.

Mine spins all the way through 2nd and that's it, but that's still 200m of wheelspin. I'll put it on the 'to do' list as I'm exiling myself to Indy for a week or so to work on some dedicated 1/4 mile tunes....if I can pull myself away from SSR7 that is. :lol:

Hey Maf I gave G.M.E. a shout in my new challenge so don't be surprised if people start asking for your SRT4 and how to tune it for Nürburgring.:D:crazy:

High Speed Ring it's good at, not the 'ring. :eek: I've given the Accord it's balls back and I'll be unleashing it there first. It's angry that it's been neutered at 365hp for so long, so much so that when I drag raced it today at SSR7, it's first run took me to 201mph through the tunnel today, a new PB and I didn't touch a thing with the car!! :mischievous:

Mine spins all the way through 2nd and that's it, but that's still 200m of wheelspin. I'll put it on the 'to do' list as I'm exiling myself to Indy for a week or so to work on some dedicated 1/4 mile tunes....if I can pull myself away from SSR7 that is. :lol:

Lucky you, with my current setup I launch in fifth and spin for about a quarter of the Indy 1/4 mile before I get traction, and as I'm sure you know if you are not grabbing well before that you have no chance of winning against any decent car.

Lucky you, with my current setup I launch in fifth and spin for about a quarter of the Indy 1/4 mile before I get traction, and as I'm sure you know if you are not grabbing well before that you have no chance of winning against any decent car.
I'm a bit confused here...I don't drag race in the game but how can you drop the clutch in 5th gear and get wheelspin. I mean the vast majority of cars in real life if you did that you would end up with a stalled engine not wheelspin.

I'm a bit confused here...I don't drag race in the game but how can you drop the clutch in 5th gear and get wheelspin. I mean the vast majority of cars in real life if you did that you would end up with a stalled engine not wheelspin.

Because the TVR Speed 12 has over 1,000 horsepower. Plus the transmission is setup for pure acceleration up to 180mph for 1/4 mile drag racing.

Because the TVR Speed 12 has over 1,000 horsepower. Plus the transmission is setup for pure acceleration up to 180mph for 1/4 mile drag racing.

Not to start anything but how much torque the engine produces is more important at launch in real life than raw HP. At a guess you could most likely reduce wheelspin on launch by more closely matching gears to available torque.
Your probably using immense amounts of torque to overcome your gearing when the engine and gears transfer all that energy at once into the wheels the tires simply don't have anywhere near enough grip to transmit it to the ground ergo wheelspin. If you use more gears that don't try to instantly accelerate the car to max speed but work their way up allowing the tires to retain their grip as the car launches it should be more effective. Of course like I said I don't drag in the game and am far from an expert on setting up transmissions in the game.

Not to start anything but how much torque the engine produces is more important at launch in real life than raw HP. At a guess you could most likely reduce wheelspin on launch by more closely matching gears to available torque.
Your probably using immense amounts of torque to overcome your gearing when the engine and gears transfer all that energy at once into the wheels the tires simply don't have anywhere near enough grip to transmit it to the ground ergo wheelspin. If you use more gears that don't try to instantly accelerate the car to max speed but work their way up allowing the tires to retain their grip as the car launches it should be more effective. Of course like I said I don't drag in the game and am far from an expert on setting up transmissions in the game.

Yea I've tried setting up my gears to be as long as possible, and at best I launch in 4th and roast them for that 1/4 of a 1/4 mile before I get traction and shift to 5th for the rest of the race.

Your not starting anything conversing about the problem at hand is a good thing. I'll take any advice I can get to make this car grab like some of the Vipers I've seen launch at full RPM and not so much as a puff of smoke left behind for their opponent to suck up.

Yea I've tried setting up my gears to be as long as possible, and at best I launch in 4th and roast them for that 1/4 of a 1/4 mile before I get traction and shift to 5th for the rest of the race.

Your not starting anything conversing about the problem at hand is a good thing. I'll take any advice I can get to make this car grab like some of the Vipers I've seen launch at full RPM and not so much as a puff of smoke left behind for their opponent to suck up.

Can you tell how many shifts your opponents are making?
Also are you sure they are launching at peak torque or at slightly below peak torque?

Can you tell how many shifts your opponents are making?
Also are you sure they are launching at peak torque or at slightly below peak torque?

Nobody shares a good tune so I've no clue what setup they are using. I do know they are launching at full redline cause I hear them bouncing off the limiter.

Nissan GT-R Spec V '09
Displacement:3799cc
Max Power:868bhp/7400rpm
Max Torque:91kgfm/6400rpm
Drivetrain:4WD
Weight:1362kg
Power to weight ratio:1.54/bhp
Length:4650mm
Width:1895mm
Height:1370mm
PP:641
Colour:Maziora Mazeran

This GTR has lots of acceleration and this drag setting is set up for Road Course Indy. By the end of the straight u should hit a least around 260km.

Parts needed:
A wing
Stage 3 weight reduction
Window weight reduction
Carbon bonnet
Rigidity improvement
Sports ECU
Stage 3 Engine tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing exhaust
High Rpm Range Turbo Kit
FC Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch Semi Rcing Flywheel
FC LSD
Torque Distributing Centre
Cabron propeller shaft
FC Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres
Settings:
Aerodynamics:2/7
Transmission:
Final gear to the right
Max speed to the left
Final to 4.023
1st:2.850
2nd:2.370
3rd:1.871
4th:1.496
5th:1.250
6th:1.030
FC LSD:
60/60
60/60
5/5
Torque Distbuting centre:
35/65
Suspension:
Ride H:40/-20
Spring rate:10.0/17.0
Dampers E:1/10
Dampers C:1/10
Anti-roll bars:6/6
Camber:3.5/2.5
Toe:0.00/0.00
Brake balance:0/0
Why would you want a wing for drag racing? You want minimum downforce. Then, why -20 ride height, is that for the rear? As far as i know slightly higher rear gives better traction, even for 4wd cars. Then, why not 50/50 torque, dont you get better traction with equal power to all 4 wheels? What impact does the anti roll bars set to 6/6 have for straight line performance, and does the LSD settings really improve the launch? Last thing, why this camber settings, shouldnt it be set to 0.0 for maximum contact with the surface? Explain how to came up with this setup and how it affects the car, so we others can lears as well.

Why would you want a wing for drag racing? You want minimum downforce. Then, why -20 ride height, is that for the rear? As far as i know slightly higher rear gives better traction, even for 4wd cars. Then, why not 50/50 torque, dont you get better traction with equal power to all 4 wheels? What impact does the anti roll bars set to 6/6 have for straight line performance, and does the LSD settings really improve the launch? Last thing, why this camber settings, shouldnt it be set to 0.0 for maximum contact with the surface? Explain how to came up with this setup and how it affects the car, so we others can lears as well.

I don't need to explain, we're a tuning garage, not a school of drag!! Try the settings and see the difference for yourself. Besides, I thought you didn't know or care who GME was?? :cool:

I don't need to explain, we're a tuning garage, not a school of drag!! Try the settings and see the difference for yourself. Besides, I thought you didn't know or care who GME was?? :cool:
Hmm, some times its really hard to "feel" the differance in gt5 because we dont have timing system. But i do care about your tuning, and i want explenations so i can try to implement similar technics to my cars. Its all about caring and sharing.

Please explain more about the gtr r35 tune, because im tuning mine as well...

If you reveal something cool, you get a paint chip.👍

Back