1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

I just wanna make sure that if the SL 600 '98 is legal for this event? It says in the description that it has a fold roof and I also expect it to have two seats since the new one also has two. What do you think? :)

^^ lol I need to find an extra few tenths then.

Edit: 1.25.810

Get tae 🤬 ya radge..!! It ain't over 'til the fat bint squeals... :sly:

{Cy}

EDIT:
I just wanna make sure that if the SL 600 '98 is legal for this event? It says in the description that it has a fold roof and I also expect it to have two seats since the new one also has two. What do you think? :)

By internet definition, it's a 2-door Grand Tourer. I can't imagine anyone will get hung up about that, it's a 2-door, 2 seat, foldy roof thing. And if you can get one under 450PP, I think you deserve a medal :sly:

Get tae 🤬 ya radge..!! It ain't over 'til the fat bint squeals... :sly:

{Cy}

EDIT:

By internet definition, it's a 2-door Grand Tourer. I can't imagine anyone will get hung up about that, it's a 2-door, 2 seat, foldy roof thing. And if you can get one under 450PP, I think you deserve a medal :sly:
I think this was the one I was all excited about until I realized it was sitting at 550PP and not 450PP!:lol:
Nice car, smooth and fast, just.way to many PP.:D

Note: the SL500 '98 can just squeeze into 450PP. The '02 is 445PP as a 0/0/0 car with no oil change.
The SL600 '98 stock with no oil change/engine rebuild is 464PP as a 0/0/0 car. The '04 is 512PP as a 0/0/0 car.

Last edited:
The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 Purple Manzster by AC

AutumnRing.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: new car dealer
Paintjob: Deep purple Metallic
Wheels: Aftermarket
No aero
Weight Reduction: stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon hood: body color
Chassis reinforcement: no
ECU Tuning: no
Engine Tuning: stage 3
Intake Manifold: no
Air Filter: race
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: no
Exhaust: Ti Racing Exhaust
Transmission: FC
Clutch: Twin Plate Clutch
Flywheel: Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft: yes
LSD: yes
Suspension: FC
Tires: Sport medium S2

The Tune
Ballast weight : 19/50
Power Limiter : 97.5%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) set to default
2) set top speed to 137 mph
3)Set gears 1st=3.324, 2nd=2.315, 3rd=1.832, 4th=1.495, 5th=1.258,
6th=1.088
4)Set Final gear to 3.694
Should display an indicated top speed of 145 mph in upper right

corner.
LSD rear = initial 8, acceleration 16, braking 5

Suspension
Ride height front -14, rear -14
Spring rate front 11.4, rear 10.2
Dampers (Extension) front 5 rear 6
Dampers (Compression) front 6 rear 5
Anti-roll bars front 3 rear 2
Camber angle front 2.5 rear 2.0
Toe angle front -.12 rear 0.0
Brakes: front 6 rear 4

Transmission: Auto or Manual
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

The car has 450 PP,weighs 950 Kg with a 52/48 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 3.97 kg/hp, has 235 HP
@7100 rpm and produces 187 ft-lb torque @5600 rpm,

Notes:
Tuned and tested for Db's Fall Shootout @ Autumn Ring.
My Fast lap 1:25.445

ENJOY,

My Fast lap 1:25.445

No pressure then :nervous:
To be fair, with tyre wear on and grip set to real, I'll take .6 of a second. Maybe I should just step away from the car, call it a good job and hand it over to the baying mob... :odd:

{Cy}

Interesting that the '01 and '03 are beating the '06's. My premium snobbery has betrayed me! :lol:

Ooooo ya holding it down. Since most cars are in already the S2000 Type V (EU) '01 is the best as it is 10kg lighter and revs at 9100 rpm

Ooooo ya holding it down. Since most cars are in already the S2000 Type V (EU) '01 is the best as it is 10kg lighter and revs at 9100 rpm
Good call, that is the car I would have tuned but thought there were enough S2000s already entered.

Oh god, I decided to stick in this because I thought I had a vaguely unique car :scared: so many complaints of overused MX5s...
Didn't know anyone was tuning an mx5 when I started working on it.:crazy: Just wanted something that could keep the Hondas honest.:nervous:
I do have an MG T160 tuned up but saw someone is planning on entering it so I went with the Mazda. :dopey:

EDIT: cars will always feel different when tuned by other tuners so your choice is still unique because it will be your tune on it when you release it. 👍

Last edited:
ACSR421
Good call, that is the car I would have tuned but thought there were enough S2000s already entered.

Didn't know anyone was tuning an mx5 when I started working on it.:crazy: Just wanted something that could keep the Hondas honest.:nervous:
I do have an MG T160 tuned up but saw someone is planning on entering it so I went with the Mazda. :dopey:

I started making an S2000, couldn't make it turn, ignored a ton of cars I didn't want to tune, started a Z4 and just gave up and fully tuned it for something else, then grabbed the Mazda thinking how everyone seems to hate it...and now I'm stuck with something that is apparently just generic. Still gonna upload it if I can make it decent tonight...

Going to check out the MR-S V Edition (6MT) '02 and see if I can figure out why no one has entered one of these yet. Nice looking lightweight MR should perform okay I would think.:boggled::odd:

@Dragonthing: lol, I also tuned a Z4 thinking I would go with it.:sly:

Going to check out the MR-S V Edition (6MT) '02 and see if I can figure out why no one has entered one of these yet. Nice looking lightweight MR should perform okay I would think.:boggled::odd:
Might check with Praiano I think he mentioned tuning it before

Last edited:
Thanks Praiano for posting your temporary results. I am still working on my MG TF160 so I know I have some work to do.

ACSR, don't let me stop you from entering another MG! It is a fun car, no doubt.

or another idea...Has anyone seen Jackthalad around? If he doesn't show up, can I pretend to be him and enter his Eunos Roadster?

@Harvy Wallbanger, the MR2 is very lively and a bit tricky to control. Well, for me anyways.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to teaching little kids :D

I assume the Elise doesn't count?
No, I can't tell the difference between all the different types of convertibles to figure out what's allowed and what's not.:dunce:

It's not, it's like the Elise, it's a targa.

but there's no cross bar??? How is that a targa..it's classified as a roadster on wikipedia!! wiki doesn't lie :lol:

That's what they say..... i really don't know.. perhaps because the back part after the seats is part of the car????? Don't know.

That's what they say..... i really don't know.. perhaps because the back part after the seats is part of the car????? Don't know.

I just assumed because I didn't hear any talk of them.
IMO they're as much a roadster as anything.. Except a Miata, since they're the "quintessential" roadster and all...:)

The lotus only the top part comes off. It still has the rear bar. It has to be full convertible meaning the roof goes all the way down so your hair can blow in the wind.

Back