1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

Oh? DAMN AND BLAST! YOU HAVE FOILED MY EVIL PLANS!! :dopey: Nah, just put the sport medium back on, must be a mistake I made. And I will not be paying for anyone's funeral if you understeer into a concrete wall on your way round.

1'26"495. very good car to drive, just need to shift down to help when braking and no understeer.. good.👍

1'26"495. very good car to drive, just need to shift down to help when braking and no understeer.. good.👍

1:26.495? I'm at a 1:26.5xx, that means I'm only 100th of a second or so from Praiano! *shocked* :dopey:

And yea, engine braking or whatever it's called is needed to help slow down. How come you find no understeer though? In my hands, there's always a hint, especially when you exit that loopy bit near the end…

1:26.495? I'm at a 1:26.5xx, that means I'm only 100th of a second or so from Praiano! *shocked* :dopey:

And yea, engine braking or whatever it's called is needed to help slow down. How come you find no understeer though? In my hands, there's always a hint, especially when you exit that loopy bit near the end…
Probably because he uses a wheel.:D

Probably because he uses a wheel.:D

…………

Yea, that's it, I think. But I'm more or less relying on this shootout to tell me what my next step to take with the Eclipse is…how to refine it, then refine it further, and yet again. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this car for some reason, in fact, even when I was about to post the tune, I was fretting over the front spring rate settings…:lol:

Mazda MX-5 Roadster RS (NC) '07 248BHP with engine limiter at 98.9%

Oil changed after 190 miles, 450PP 1100KG Sport Medium tyres

Parts fitted

Natune 1+2
Sports air filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Supercharger
6 speed close ratio gearbox
Twinplate clutch
Semiracing flywheel
Carbon propeller shaft
Fully customisable LSD Initial 10 / Accel 30 / Decel 10

Fully customisable suspension

Front Rear

ride height -10 -10
springs 8.8 7.0
extension 3 5
compression 2 6
antiroll bars 3 1
camber 1.2 1.8
toe -0.25 0.00

Brake balance Front 5 / Rear 5

This is my entry for the 450pp roadster shootout on Autumn Ring. Tuned on a DS3 and ABS 1 only my best lap is a 1.25.810.

I think I might join this as a tester if it's not too late. 20 cars is a bit intimidating, and probably won't have enough time to put into each car as I'd like, but should be able to get through them for the deadline.

Anyway, Autumn Ring is already my own 450pp test track, so may as well :)

Will be using my GTP_smrtb0mb account for this.

I think I might join this as a tester if it's not too late. 20 cars is a bit intimidating, and probably won't have enough time to put into each car as I'd like, but should be able to get through them for the deadline.

Anyway, Autumn Ring is already my own 450pp test track, so may as well :)

Will be using my GTP_smrtb0mb account for this.

It's maybe not my place to say this Baka, since I've already got a foot in the door as a tuner, but were I a driver I'd be thinking the same thing as Smartbomb, only he doesn't realize it's closer to 30 than 20...lol. Have you given any thought to limiting the number of tuner entrants? You could possibly have 40+ cars up for testing by the deadline and that puts quite a load on the test drivers to give adequate seat time for each ride. At a minimum of just 5 or 6 laps per car, time leaving practice and grabbing cars, you're looking at 7+ hours to get this done, and that's with just a minimum of laps. At 10 laps you're looking at 10 hours or more.

Something to think about...

Johnnypenso
It's maybe not my place to say this Baka, since I've already got a foot in the door as a tuner, but were I a driver I'd be thinking the same thing as Smartbomb, only he doesn't realize it's closer to 30 than 20...lol. Have you given any thought to limiting the number of tuner entrants? You could possibly have 40+ cars up for testing by the deadline and that puts quite a load on the test drivers to give adequate seat time for each ride. At a minimum of just 5 or 6 laps per car, time leaving practice and grabbing cars, you're looking at 7+ hours to get this done, and that's with just a minimum of laps. At 10 laps you're looking at 10 hours or more.

Something to think about...

Wait how is there even close to this many cars? The tuners entered does not seem like that many in the first page like maybe 7 people.

shmogt
Wait how is there even close to this many cars? The tuners entered does not seem like that many in the first page like maybe 7 people.

I know now I have finally posted my tune it is not up yet, I am assuming there is a backlog or something

bigberry
Theres 21 tuners down on the list.

Dragonthing your names down too.

I don't think my tune is linked though...I shall check again but last time it just linked to us at RKM rather than my actual tune

Ahhaah o man your right. On the app version it doesn't show that many for some reason. Its not actually that long to test them all. It's about 1:30 a lap X 10 is roughly 15min a car. So multiply that by 21 cars and time taken to switch cars and write review. Your looking at maybe 4hours and look how much time you do have to test them all. So it's not that bad.

The 600 pp shootout testing was much longer, you had to run the cars on Indy road and oval. That was more like 5 hours of testing.

bigberry
The 600 pp shootout testing was much longer, you had to run the cars on Indy road and oval. That was more like 5 hours of testing.

Never complain about Indy Road when you could have been given Daytona Road...suicide is preferable to Daytona Road :dopey:

Haha, actually by the end of the Indy shootout, the Road Track became one of my favourites :) Still is, probably because everyone else hates it so much :D The number of cars is more of an issue for me because I've got less free time these days. But the deadline is pretty far off so I should be able to schedule it all in.

To put in my own $0.02 from the viewpoint of a tester, 10 or even 5 cars would be ideal to spend a good amount of time with each car and notice all the subtle differences, and really feel like you gave each one a fair shake. I don't know if you'd attract more testers with a limited number of tuner entries, but you could give it a try sometime. Maybe you could have some sort of qualifying event first then present the top 10 or whatever from that to the testing public.

True, but my tune might take 3 to 4 drivers to tame it :). its kinda bad :dopey:

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Chevrolet SSR '03 "Super Spooky Rod"

So when DigitalBaka announced his 1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! most people immediately thought of cars like the Mazda Miata and the Honda S2000. A few were a bit more creative with cars like the BMW Z4 and the reborn MG's. But for Harvey Wallbanger the word Roadster didn't evoke thoughts of small convertible sports cars, but instead he got visions of classic Hot Rods, Model Ts with flat head V8s, High Boys with Chevy 350 small blocks, as Harvey puts it "real roadsters".
Luckily for everyone Harvey isn't the only one to think like this.
A few years back some creative types at GM decided to try their hands at creating a unique pickup truck with retro styling and modern musclecar performance.
Harkening back to the late 1940s when the newly designed C3100 pickup truck helped the U.S.A. get back on the road after World War II and made the small truck a regular part of the American passenger car market and not just a work vehicle. With styling cues inspired by 50 years of Hot Rodding and a newly designed all aluminum V8, the SSR was born as a show vehicle.
To the shock of many and the general delight of motorheads everywhere Chevrolet did the nearly unthinkable and actually placed it into production virtually unchanged from that first concept car.
After placing calls to his fellow outlaws Harvey acquired a couple of mint examples that were soon being given the Wallbanger's special attention in the Outlaw Motorsports Garage. First excess weight was trimmed and certain components were relocated for improved weight distribution. Improved intake and exhaust manifolds combined with an upgraded air filter helped produce a small boost in HP and torque. Then a complete reworking of the drivetrain and suspension completed its transformation into a true corner carving roadster capable of running with all those little convertible sportscars.
With its hand rubbed Fluorescent Green paint job evocative of the ectoplasm from the movie "Ghost Busters" and its first photo run of Autumn Ring falling on Halloween, Harvey christened it the "Super Spooky Rod".
Like Casper the friendly ghost drivers will love this truck, while drivers of all those little convertibles will be scared half to death by its ghoulishly sharp handling and snarling V8, as it eats up the road on pace with them!:scared:
So now here's how to get your own "Super Spooky Rod".:D:gtpflag:
utf-8BQXV0dW1uJTI1MjBSaW5nXzEuanBn.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealer
Paintjob: GT FLUORESCENCE 003-W (DLC)
Wheels: Stock
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Standard ECU
Engine Tuning: None
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Sports
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Exhaust: Standard
Turbo Kit: None
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Medium

The Tune
Aerodynamics: NA
Ballast: 74Kg positioned at +50
Power Limiter: 98.3%
Transmission - process as follows;
1)Set to default
2)Set gears as follows;
1st=3.000,
2nd=2.190,
3rd=1.650,
4th=1.300,
5th=1.060
3)Set Final gear to 4.000
Should display an indicated top speed of 123mph in upper right corner.
LSD Initial 10, Acceleration 30, Braking 5
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.8, Rear 1.8
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front -10, Rear -30
Spring Rate Front 15.4, Rear 6.6
Dampers (Extension) Front 7, Rear 6
Dampers (Compression) Front 6, Rear 5
Anti-Roll Bars Front 2, Rear 4
Brakes Front 6, Rear 8

The car has 450PP, weighs 1772Kg with a 57/43 front/rear weight distribution, has 326HP and produces 371ft-lb torque@4000rpm with a 6000rP rpm redline.

Notes: Power curve makes this a very good vehicle to drive with an automatic transmission.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Tune for my "Super Spooky Rod" or "Spooky" for short is posted both here and at Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage

I have it on share now for all you drivers looking for a break from S2000/Miata hell!:D

Hope you all enjoy driving it as much as I've enjoyed tuning it.👍👍

@Onboy are you going to post your Eclipse in the garage? Will be adding the links there for all the new shootout tunes soon.

Test Drivers my BMW z4 is on share(I think I have all of you added), for that matter any of you on my FR you can check it out too..I did .27.4xx's in the jack-o-lantern!!!!

Indy

Like X mine and bigberry's tune are in our garage CKR v2 in the second(2nd) post under Shootout tunes

Ok since only a couple tuners actually added me I just sent out a bunch of requests to get the rest but VTiRoj needs to make some room on his friends list and there is no PSN listed for -raVer-.

I've got 21 as of whenever the post was updated last. Maybe more since then.

Ok since only a couple tuners actually added me I just sent out a bunch of requests to get the rest but VTiRoj needs to make some room on his friends list and there is no PSN listed for -raVer-.

Praiano has build my car.
Ask him friendly , if he could share the car :)

raVer

So in the course of testing the effects of some setting changes I was making last night, I threw a set of SH tyres on my car. Out of curiosity, has anyone else changed the rubber on their wheels and taken their car for a spin?? With SM tyres, the average of my fast laps is 1:26.4 with tyre wear and real grip on (1:26.1 with them off). Running SH, tyre wear and real grip on 1:28.4. Which by my reckoning makes SM tyres worth 2 secs a lap. The only other track I've run cars at regularly with different compounds of tyres is the Nordschleife, where the increasing softness of compound is worth about 15 secs for me.

Curious to know if the advantage is similar for other people. I don't think your laptimes are too important, just the difference in times for different compounds of tyre...

{Cy}

PS - I hit a 1:25 last night, only by a matter of hundredths, but still felt good...

:lol: I just realised something…somehow, as if by magic, my car had come off share and has been resting in the garage overnight instead of getting a damn good thrashing on Autumn Ring.

Whoops…it's back on share now anyway.

My car is on share and I sent requests out to a couple of drivers who did not have full lists, however I now have no internet access, thanks to some noob at Virgin media...

Latest Posts

Back