1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

Onboy123
I, on the other hand, spent two or three days trying to get my thing pointing in the right direction…

I should have just entered a S15 Varietta with a very sideways setup like you did. :lol:

I didn't want to spoil my Varietta, or I would have entered that instead...I had serious trouble making anything point in any direction. Straight lines seemed to be the theme...

I didn't want to spoil my Varietta, or I would have entered that instead...I had serious trouble making anything point in any direction. Straight lines seemed to be the theme...

Ah well, I gave the roaster a quick spin, it's in the test sheet linked in the second post.

I'm awake...I'm alive... :embarrassed:

My apologies to everyone here for my absence the last few days. I've been down sick. How one can spend so much time laying in bed and still be so tired is beyond my understanding. :yuck: Anyway...

It would seem that you guys have handled everything just fine without me. Entries are looking good and I realize they are piling up "fast and furious".... *coughcough* :lol: I didn't expect the turn out to be so good from the tuning community and if necessary I will certainly give the testers more time if they need it. To answer johnny's question, no, I did not think about limiting the number of tuners as I hadn't expected this many entries to begin with, though perhaps in future it should definitely be a consideration.

Regarding scoring, I had planned to use the scale from GT5's championships as point values but with this many entries that will clearly need to be adjusted. That will be finalized before the 11/6 deadline. Nothing changes for the drivers; continue to just record times and keep in mind your top three for driver's choice. Your top choice receives two "votes" while the second and third receive one each. Votes will be tallied and the point scale will be used to determine the rankings.

I don't want folks to get too hung up on points. Whether you get 10 or 1000 points it is not a reflection that your tune is good or bad, just a way to rank for this shootout. As I've said in the past I don't believe there has been or ever will be a bad tune, especially by tuners of the caliber that are entering into these shootouts.

I think I have covered everything I wanted and I've gone through all 20-odd pages of this thread just now to get links and such. If I have missed anything feel free to bring it to my attention. 👍 Keep up the good work!

I'm awake...I'm alive... :embarrassed:

My apologies to everyone here for my absence the last few days. I've been down sick. How one can spend so much time laying in bed and still be so tired is beyond my understanding. :yuck: Anyway...

It would seem that you guys have handled everything just fine without me. Entries are looking good and I realize they are piling up "fast and furious".... *coughcough* :lol: I didn't expect the turn out to be so good from the tuning community and if necessary I will certainly give the testers more time if they need it. To answer johnny's question, no, I did not think about limiting the number of tuners as I hadn't expected this many entries to begin with, though perhaps in future it should definitely be a consideration.

Regarding scoring, I had planned to use the scale from GT5's championships as point values but with this many entries that will clearly need to be adjusted. That will be finalized before the 11/6 deadline. Nothing changes for the drivers; continue to just record times and keep in mind your top three for driver's choice. Your top choice receives two "votes" while the second and third receive one each. Votes will be tallied and the point scale will be used to determine the rankings.

I don't want folks to get too hung up on points. Whether you get 10 or 1000 points it is not a reflection that your tune is good or bad, just a way to rank for this shootout. As I've said in the past I don't believe there has been or ever will be a bad tune, especially by tuners of the caliber that are entering into these shootouts.

I think I have covered everything I wanted and I've gone through all 20-odd pages of this thread just now to get links and such. If I have missed anything feel free to bring it to my attention. 👍 Keep up the good work!

You're alive!!! And there is something missing. You've still not updated the Second Post yet. Do that now or you'll be in bed, knocked out for a lot longer. :mischievous::P

You're alive!!! And there is something missing. You've still not updated the Second Post yet. Do that now or you'll be in bed, knocked out for a lot longer. :mischievous::P

Easy there my excitable friend. :D What'd I miss? Thought I picked up everything...though now I see I missed Jackthalad...remedy incoming.

Just a word of caution to all test drivers...make sure to check the tires!

Just started doing testing and have already found one car fitted with Sports Soft tires instead of Sports Mediums.

This is guaranteed to make the car an easy 1 1/2- 2 seconds faster.

Similarly all tuners need to double check their cars to insure the proper tires are fitted and that the car has a fresh oil change and is fully broken in. (Trying to test a car that continually changes PP from one lap to the next is not only annoying, but also time consuming and may very well result in less than the best performance by the test drivers.)

Onboy123 fix your tires soonest, I caught them but others may not!:mad: No wonder you were faster than my SSR in your tests.:lol:

Just a word of caution to all test drivers...make sure to check the tires!

Just started doing testing and have already found one car fitted with Sports Soft tires instead of Sports Mediums.

This is guaranteed to make the car an easy 1 1/2- 2 seconds faster.

Similarly all tuners need to double check their cars to insure the proper tires are fitted and that the car has a fresh oil change and is fully broken in. (Trying to test a car that continually changes PP from one lap to the next is not only annoying, but also time consuming and may very well result in less than the best performance by the test drivers.)

Onboy123 fix your tires soonest, I caught them but others may not!:mad: No wonder you were faster than my SSR in your tests.:lol:

………

FACKKK THIS!!! *Flips table* I thought I fixed it??? And I'm only 0.2 seconds ahead of you, you know. :P

What about a car that has intentionally been left on its last legs? It won't lose any more power during testing (worn out used vehicle) but if someone changes the oil or rebuilds it, it'll break every rule ever.

What about a car that has intentionally been left on its last legs? It won't lose any more power during testing (worn out used vehicle) but if someone changes the oil or rebuilds it, it'll break every rule ever.
If a car has been intentionally run into the ground and has no more power to lose then fine. Just don't want to deal with a car that either hasn't been fully broken in or else is right at the point its due for an oil change.

Unfortunately in CSLACR's 600PP Indy shootout praiano's ZZ II was a prime example as it was losing 2 PP a lap making it nearly impossible to get consistent lap times with and the only way to correct it was to change cars and then re borrow it.
Seems like there was another car in that same shootout that wasn't fully broken in so it was consistently gaining power. While you could keep feeding it more power limiter the fact remained that on any given lap it was likely over the PP limit.

@Onboy after fixing the tire situation I have you at about the same 0.75 seconds slower than my SSR, with the Sports Soft tires I had you about 0.75 seconds faster than my SSR.

But what time did your SSR pull our of the box? 1:26? 1:27? And when this is over, I'm getting you to test my Evo 2 Eclipse, knocks the teeth out of a Evo 7 on Trial Mountain with ease. Which, bearing in mind both cars are using SS tyres and the Eclipse had 35hp less, is quite something, I think.

But what time did your SSR pull our of the box? 1:26? 1:27? And when this is over, I'm getting you to test my Evo 2 Eclipse, knocks the teeth out of a Evo 7 on Trial Mountain with ease. Which, bearing in mind both cars are using SS tyres and the Eclipse had 35hp less, is quite something, I think.
I'm running consistent mid 1:27s. Only tested praiano's and your car so far and have you both in the low 1:28s with praiano holding a slight edge. If I have time I'll retest cars starting with the slowest.

I'm running consistent mid 1:27s. Only tested praiano's and your car so far and have you both in the low 1:28s with praiano holding a slight edge. If I have time I'll retest cars starting with the slowest.

Why do testers re-test with slowest to fastest? To be fair to the "slower" cars shouldn't you get accustomed to the track with "better" cars to reach the full potential of the "lesser" cars. Just seems to be favoritism to the "favorite" or "better" cars

Why do testers re-test with slowest to fastest? To be fair to the "slower" cars shouldn't you get accustomed to the track with "better" cars to reach the full potential of the "lesser" cars. Just seems to be favoritism to the "favorite" or "better" cars
After the number of laps I've put in between testing various cars while deciding what to enter, fine tuning my own entry and then doing a run through testing all the entries, I've learned the track about as well as I'm going to. Since I don't know how much time I'll have available to re-test cars, starting with the slowest gives them those extra laps to try and improve their times. I'm actually giving the slower cars an advantage as they will most likely end up with far more laps than the fastest cars.

Unlike some I don't run a set number of laps with each car. Instead I drive the car until I'm fairly comfortable with it and then try to push it as close to its limits as I can. If I feel I've got a representitive time for a car I'll mark it down with my notes and then move on to the next car.

Giving cars a second or third run through let's me try to push them that extra little bit trying for a better lap time without getting burned out because I just spent a couple of hours with one car.

My times till now.

provistimesjpg2.jpg

Glad to see praiano got my SSR into the 1:25s if just barely.:D:tup:👍

Borrowed cars don't accumulate mileage for the owner, but they do gain it for the borrower. Thus you get dirty oil and engine break-in/wear.

Baka, looks like Praiano has run my car but I don't see his laptime in my car listed in the time sheet. Don't forget about me man!!!...lol.

After the number of laps I've put in between testing various cars while deciding what to enter, fine tuning my own entry and then doing a run through testing all the entries, I've learned the track about as well as I'm going to. Since I don't know how much time I'll have available to re-test cars, starting with the slowest gives them those extra laps to try and improve their times. I'm actually giving the slower cars an advantage as they will most likely end up with far more laps than the fastest cars.

Unlike some I don't run a set number of laps with each car. Instead I drive the car until I'm fairly comfortable with it and then try to push it as close to its limits as I can. If I feel I've got a representitive time for a car I'll mark it down with my notes and then move on to the next car.

Giving cars a second or third run through let's me try to push them that extra little bit trying for a better lap time without getting burned out because I just spent a couple of hours with one car.

Thank you for the good explanation. I've been observing the last few shootouts and was just wondering how You do it fairly, because I might try to get in the next one. Thanks again

Thank you for the good explanation. I've been observing the last few shootouts and was just wondering how You do it fairly, because I might try to get in the next one. Thanks again

You still have time to get in on this one if you want. We can always use more test drivers!:sly:

I'm sponsoring the next shootout and it should be good for seeing a variety of cars that probably don't see as much action. I'm calling it "Tons of Fun" and it will be for cars weighing a minimum of 1,700Kg but more on that later.:crazy::D

You still have time to get in on this one if you want. We can always use more test drivers!:sly:

I'm sponsoring the next shootout and it should be good for seeing a variety of cars that probably don't see as much action. I'm calling it "Tons of Fun" and it will be for cars weighing a minimum of 1,700Kg but more on that later.:crazy::D

I can't on this one, my ps3 died :( but the next one sounds fun too. Maybe then 👍

That means everyone enters a Veyron in your shootout ? :lol:

raVer

That means everyone enters a Veyron in your shootout ? :lol:
raVer
Nope hopefully we'll get a wide range of cars from NASCARs to Veyrons, RS6 Avants to Tank Cars, Vantages to Ram Larames, and more.:D With your time on 2 tracks only counting for 2/5ths of your final score and the cars weight counting for 1/5th of your score we should see some interesting choices.:crazy::lol:
X now you got my brain working, Thanks alot....
If you or anyone else wants a little more information on it check out the upcoming events section in the F.I.T.T. thread.👍👍

Now back to the current shootout!

Here's a link to my test results and mini reviews.
Harvey Wallbanger's Roadster Reviews!

I'll post here when I make further updates to my test results and reviews.

Well, against my better judgment, and lack of driving skill, and time..... I think I would like to *cough* be a TEST DRIVER ? My time might not let me, but I'll try. what have I done ?:dopey:

Ok, added krenkme and removed bigberry from the drivers list.

Tuners, there is about 24 hours left until the deadline! Please be sure you submit your tunes on time! Also, make sure to clearly mark your photo entry and get all the drivers added so they can borrow your car.

Drivers, feel free to start with the available cars as soon as you can. Aim to have the testing done by 11/20. I'll go an extra day or two if necessarybut with the holiday in the US and folks likely going out of town I want to get things wrapped up quickly if we can.

Edit: adding X's review post to the front. Times will be updated when I am at my computer later tonight.

Last edited:
DigitalBaka
Ok, added krenkme and removed bigberry from the drivers list.

Tuners, there is about 24 hours left until the deadline! Please be sure you submit your tunes on time! Also, make sure to clearly mark your photo entry and get all the drivers added so they can borrow your car.

Drivers, feel free to start with the available cars as soon as you can. Aim to have the testing done by 11/20. I'll go an extra day or two if necessarybut with the holiday in the US and folks likely going out of town I want to get things wrapped up quickly if we can.

I have my photo submission up! And I added as many drivers as I could could...some had full friends lists so I could only add certain people though. Hopefully they will add me though...apologies for random postings but I am wasted beyond belief right now, although I retain the ability to type on my mobile xD

Hey DigitalBaka I've started posting my test results so you can add a link.

If you use the following link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6113717#post6113717
It will take you direct to the post instead of just to the page.
BTW it's post #15.
Highlighting the post number will let you get the url for an individual post instead of just the one for the page it is on.👍👍 Makes finding the tunes and results much easier if a link opens directly on the given post instead of just to a page.:)

Dragonthing
I have my photo submission up! And I added as many drivers as I could could...some had full friends lists so I could only add certain people though. Hopefully they will add me though...

That's fine. Once folks clear up a spot on their list they should add you. It has worked out in the past but out is easier if out is just a couple people rather than everyone. Just keep an eye out for their request.

Dragonthing
apologies for random postings but I am wasted beyond belief right now, although I retain the ability to type on my mobile xD

Sometimes that is the best way to get mobile keyboards to make sense. :D And I would know since I make my living at mobile device tech support... :lol:

Back