1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

The lotus only the top part comes off. It still has the rear bar. It has to be full convertible meaning the roof goes all the way down so your hair can blow in the wind.

I have a hacksaw and several new blades of varies tooth counts, what about that? Surely then it's a roadster, yes? :D

Lol go ahead, but it's a structural component so be prepared for your car to just twist in half on the first turn.

By internet definition, it's a 2-door Grand Tourer. I can't imagine anyone will get hung up about that, it's a 2-door, 2 seat, foldy roof thing. And if you can get one under 450PP, I think you deserve a medal :sly:

My high mileage, stock SL600 is 350bhp, 2025kg, 450pp. And it's doing around 1'28 at the moment. Where's my medal!? :lol:

Lol go ahead, but it's a structural component so be prepared for your car to just twist in half on the first turn.
Not saying a good idea, but it's been done. :D
11-1-1.jpg

My high mileage, stock SL600 is 350bhp, 2025kg, 450pp. And it's doing around 1'28 at the moment. Where's my medal!? :lol:
Gold if you win. Silver for mid-pack, this for now. ;)
72%20Olympic%20Medal.jpg

Going to check out the MR-S V Edition (6MT) '02 and see if I can figure out why no one has entered one of these yet. Nice looking lightweight MR should perform okay I would think.:boggled::odd:

@Dragonthing: lol, I also tuned a Z4 thinking I would go with it.:sly:

Might check with Praiano I think he mentioned tuning it before

@Harvy Wallbanger, the MR2 is very lively and a bit tricky to control. Well, for me anyways.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to teaching little kids :D

The MR-S is good but the rear is a bit lively. If you can bring it under control its a dark horse for sure.
This '97 is 1'35"300 as fast as the MR-S V Edition (6MT) '02 safe to drive and not tail happy at all... ><((((°>°°°°
sany0094y.jpg

There's no way I'm gonna get it to 1'24 but it's very nice to drive even though it weighs more than a tank. It actually decelerates faster than the prowler and has quite nice balance through the corners. But it's not the winning car that's for sure. :lol:

There's no way I'm gonna get it to 1'24 but it's very nice to drive even though it weighs more than a tank. It actually decelerates faster than the prowler and has quite nice balance through the corners. But it's not the winning car that's for sure. :lol:

Hey, I'm unlikely to see a 1:24, even in a car that's capable of doing it :sly:

{Cy}

Oi 'arvey, since I'm borrowing your template, I may as well borrow your garage! :lol: It's going in your garage for now, ok? I'm still fooling around with the picture&#8230;that chrome paint makes it very hard to get a good picture, too many reflective stuff around.

I'll be happy if a TD matches my 1.27.3xx, that said this is my first shootout on the other side(as a tuner). So my expectations aren't that high. I knew there'd be alot of s2000 and mx5's, so after eating at taco bell, I thought outside-the-box and went with a beemer..

Indy

Okay, against all odds, there is a little orange Mazda Roadster on share, which I call the Roadster RS Turbo :dopey: and so herp-a-derp, go get driving it, the tune will be posted up in a few hours time when VTiRoj is around...and can someone help me with this photo thing? I'm completely lost as to what I do...

Okay, against all odds, there is a little orange Mazda Roadster on share, which I call the Roadster RS Turbo :dopey: and so herp-a-derp, go get driving it, the tune will be posted up in a few hours time when VTiRoj is around...and can someone help me with this photo thing? I'm completely lost as to what I do...

Gimme some help too…I'm such a foto newb. :lol: :dopey:

I had a few ready you know? But since I had it repainted, I need newer shots…

Read through it, but I just suck so much at putting theory into practice. :lol:
Hey Onboy please feel free to use the template and post in the garage. Hope you like the paint job, I thought it turned out killer.

Well I generally get a photo expert to snap my pictures for tunes, but if forced to do it myself, like for this shootout, I'll find a view I like then start playing with the various settings.
I'll try a filter and if I don't like the effect change it same with shutter speed etc. Just like tuning keep making small adjustments one at a time until you get the picture you want or close to it.

Would say that catching some reflection on your car isn't necessarily a bad thing as it helps emphasise the fact that its a chrome finish and not just a bright metalic.:D

Hey Onboy please feel free to use the template and post in the garage. Hope you like the paint job, I thought it turned out killer.

Well I generally get a photo expert to snap my pictures for tunes, but if forced to do it myself, like for this shootout, I'll find a view I like then start playing with the various settings.
I'll try a filter and if I don't like the effect change it same with shutter speed etc. Just like tuning keep making small adjustments one at a time until you get the picture you want or close to it.

Would say that catching some reflection on your car isn't necessarily a bad thing as it helps emphasise the fact that its a chrome finish and not just a bright metalic.:D

Yay! There's the approval from the banger of walls himself! And I like the paint, I just find it really hard to take pictures cuz I get the odd good looking shot lined up, but then I see the reflection of the kerbs on the bumper and I just can't take the picture knowing such a flaw is there. Upside is that I've got the pictures :D

And you are so cheap, professional photo expert? :lol: Only you can satisfy your wants and needs, don't get others to do it for you. :D

One more thing, anyone here know how to dupe? Wallbanger wants a copy of my car, if only for the paint, but I don't know how to&#8230;

Last edited:
Since this is apparently how we do it, here is my photo submission, and the tune is below it

V3eVP.jpg

RKM Motorsport's Mazda Roadster RS Turbo

Based on: Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Obtained: Brand new from Mazda

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 233 BHP (@ 15.2 miles)
Torque:---- 25.8kgfm
Weight:---- 931 kg
PP:-------- 450

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Front Aero B

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Fibre Bonnet
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Turbocharger
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Medium Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/0

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 99.9%

Transmission
Transmission

Set Max Speed, then individual ratios.
1st:-- 3.100
2nd:-- 2.300
3rd:-- 1.800
4th:-- 1.450
5th:-- 1.225
6th:-- 1.100
Final: 4.000
Max Speed: 130 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/5
Accel:-- 0/60
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 8.2/4.4
Extension:-- 6/4
Compression: 5/3
Anti-Roll:-- 1/7
Camber:----- 2.0/2.5
Toe:-------- -0.10/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 3/8

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Here's a happy orange Roadster with an aero kit and a big turbo...and a short range gearbox 'specially for Autumn Ring. Lovely shiny stuff, enjoy!

Last edited:
Settings posted.

(Just to be clear, the car being shared for testing is unchanged, these are just the correct settings for that car. I shared the car and then realized I hadn't copied the final settings first.)

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS '03

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: UCD (Used Car Dealership)
Paintjob: GT CHROME 004-W (Acquired through DLC)
Wheels: --
Aerodynamic Kit: --

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: No

ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 1

Intake Manifold: Sport
Air Filter: Sport

Exhaust Manifold: Sport
Catalytic Converter: Sport
Exhaust: --

Turbo Kit: --

Transmission: F/C (fully customisable)

Clutch: Double-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable

Suspension: F/C (fully customisable)

Tires: Sport Medium

The Tune

Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: --
Power Limiter: 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1)Set to 112mph/180kph
2)Set gears as follows: (Set Final Gear first, then individual ratios)
1st= 3.380
2nd= 2.475
3rd= 1.915
4th= 1.495
5th= 1.185
3)Set Final gear to 2.900
Should display an indicated top speed of 152 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial- 9
Acceleration- 30
Braking- 5

Suspension
Camber Angle: 1.7/0.0
Toe Angle: -0.30/-0.05
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 14.0/2.7
Dampers (Extension): 7/5
Dampers (Compression): 7/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/6

Brakes 6/7

The car has 450PP, weighs 1228Kg with a 63/37 front/rear weight distribution, has 272HP and produces 249ft-lb torque@4400 rpm with a 6900rpm redline.

Last edited:
Good, now that that's done and finished with, Imma going back to my usual job of testing cars. :D
You might want to start testing with my "Super Spook Ride".:sly:
Have it on share currently and will post the tune in a few hours when I get home from work.👍👍:D

You might want to start testing with my "Super Spook Ride".:sly:
Have it on share currently and will post the tune in a few hours when I get home from work.👍👍:D
Will do…as long as I don't get in trouble for breaking rules…

But hey, rules are for breaking! :D :dopey:

Will do…as long as I don't get in trouble for breaking rules…

But hey, rules are for breaking! :D :dopey:
Don't know what rule you would be breaking. The tune is fianalized just didn't have time to post it yesterday.

Don't know what rule you would be breaking. The tune is fianalized just didn't have time to post it yesterday.

No, no, no, no! I'm talking about even more serious rules than that! I'm talking about the rule that I'm not allowed to use the PS3 from Monday to Friday! That is the most serious rule of the house. :lol:

No, no, no, no! I'm talking about even more serious rules than that! I'm talking about the rule that I'm not allowed to use the PS3 from Monday to Friday! That is the most serious rule of the house. :lol:
Ah! That rule.

Would suggest you follow that one so as to avoid serious penalties like loss of all PS3 access.

Hi, your car on share have sport soft tires on ..??? ><((((°>°°°°
Oh? DAMN AND BLAST! YOU HAVE FOILED MY EVIL PLANS!! :dopey: Nah, just put the sport medium back on, must be a mistake I made. And I will not be paying for anyone's funeral if you understeer into a concrete wall on your way round.

Back