#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow…:drool:

I particularly like that NSX banner. Looks like you were having fun there. :lol:

Though you could have added something like another little box in the banner that said [LotS Season 2 Winner] or whatever it was, rather than screwing up the neat layout with the actual text. But I'm not a photoshop expert, I don't even have it, so yea…

HAHA, yeah i noticed that.. i'll find a way to fix it with time.

R34 and is supra going well?

And yeah, the R34 is the premium one

i've finished the Supra, just have to make the setup sheet. My internet connection is abysmal and it makes using google docs (where i make the setup sheets) and flickr (where i upload images) a real pain in the ass to use.

6874061801_a3f8c09e5a.jpg

Silver Surfer
Toyota Supra RZ '97

GT Auto:
Paint: Azzurro Nuvola Iridescente
Wheels: Enkei RPF3, Brillaint Black
Aero: Wing Type A
Engine Overhaul/Chassis Restoration
25,608.8 Miles​

6874104419_3cb6e76036_b.jpg

The most feared of all Wangan monsters... Honestly, it's quite easy to tune this beast to go fast. But this one here is less likely to kill you while taking corners are 230mph, S-turns at 160mph and SSR7's turn-arounds will also be safer at 50-60mph. It'll do excess of 230mph on its own and draft way past 250. Godspeed.

Last edited:
So after a whole day of B-Spec grinding on that 650PP seasonal event today, I'm finally about to buy my first 20,000,000 Cr. car. But... I DON'T KNOW which one to buy!!!

So after a whole day of B-Spec grinding on that 650PP seasonal event today, I'm finally about to buy my first 20,000,000 Cr. car. But... I DON'T KNOW which one to buy!!!

The ford sounds best but only has a 4 speed, whereas the 330 has better handeling, is lighter, more horsepower and has 5 gears.

Hey guys,

Has there been any official reviews for the V12 Vantage. I'm going to put the tune on later and give it a go as I have a 3 hour endurance with it on Saturday so I was wandering if anyone has reviewed it?

Cheers.

Hey guys,

Has there been any official reviews for the V12 Vantage. I'm going to put the tune on later and give it a go as I have a 3 hour endurance with it on Saturday so I was wandering if anyone has reviewed it?

Cheers.

Not yet that i know of 👍
Runs best on Racing tyres

Last edited:
SpecialStageRoute7-1.jpg

White Charisma '12 Zodiacs'
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02 (FD)

GT Auto:
Pure White Respray : Pure White Advan Rim's : Oil Change : GT Auto Front A : GT Auto Wing A

Tale of the Tape:
598PP
605hp/7400rpm | 426ft-lb/7400rpm
1051kg
Model: Premium
Type: Wangan

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood: Painted
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Catalytic Converter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo
Transmission: F/C (Wangan)
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

NOTE: SSR7 in Black - SSRX in Blue

Tyres:
Sports: Soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.122
2nd: 2.135
3rd: 1.569
4th: 1.211
5th: 0.950
6th: 0.759 (0.815)
Final: 3.000 (2.620)
Max Speed: 180 Mph
(Set Max Speed, Individual Gears Then Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
0 - 6
0 - 12
0 - 8

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 10.0/8.7 (11.2/8.7)
Damper Extension: 4/4 (6/4)
Damper Compression: 5/4 (6/4)
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4 (4/4)
Camber: 1.8/1.4 (0.3/0.1)
Tow: -0.09/0.44 (-0.09/0.20)

Downforce
F - 0 : R - 5

Brakes:
7 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

White Charisma is one of the '12 Zodiacs' from the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series on PS2 and here is my recreation of it. The Transmission settings are good for 220+MPH at SSR7 and 226+MPH at SSRX (5 Speed with 6th as draft gear). Also this is my first Wangan tune :nervous:

Last edited:
ToscanaTarmac2.jpg

Queen's Knight '12 Zodiacs'
Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07

GT Auto:
Metallic Sliver Respray : Oil Change : GT Auto Front A : GT Auto Wing A

Tale of the Tape:
575PP
543hp/7400rpm | 448ft-lb/5400rpm
1219kg
Type: Touge

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo
Transmission: 6 Speed Close Ratio
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Torque Center Differential
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
6 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
5 - 10
13 - 25
8 - 12

Drivetrain:
35 - 65

Suspension:
Height: -20/-23
Spring Rate: 13.1/11.5
Damper Extension: 4/4
Damper Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: 1.2/0.8
Tow: -0.23/-0.35

Downforce
F - 0 : R - 19

Brakes:
8 - 9

Ballast:
0kg

Queen's Knight is a silent but deadly WRX that can pack a punch even if it's down tuned to 500PP. Pulling times higher than most cars that have run in Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT5 Touge Seasons.

Last edited:
LSD Tuning Philosophy
entry on tuning forums

One philosophy that has been working wonders for my online-based setups as of late is a times-table of sorts. Though, as expected, it varies by car.

Most performance cars (as opposed to family cars), have a stock LSD setting of 7:30:15 (with the exception of BMW's and most Ferrari's which have a stock LSD setting of 5:20:10). Which works great... so with Accel/Decel at 30/15 I start toying with the IT (Initial Torque) number. I try to find the one that uses the most grip of both tires while cornering.
Now.. after I find a setting I'm comfortable with, I change the Accel/Decel to 3x/2x the IT. (eg: 7:21:14, 5:15:10, 8:24:16)

Depending on the the drivetrain and the general handling of the car in stock form (whether it understeers or oversteers a lot) i would raise or lower the Accel by 1x. (eg: 7:28:14, 5:20:10, 8:32:16).

Now with all this being said, these are never the final settings of the car, unless it is absolutely magnificent the first time out. I use these numbers as a base from which to fine-tune the individual aspects.

• Too twitchy in corner entry? raise Decel by increments of 1, too much understeer, lower Decel and so forth.
  • Too much oversteer while apexing? Raise Accel by 1
  • Too much oversteer during corner exit? Lower Accel by 1

Some cars, though, require drastic and often unorthodox methods. For example, my touge-set-up S2000 uses 5:55:5 for LSD settings. Simply because that particular car has such a tight turning circle. The IT@5 helps the wheels lock early in the rev-range and being N/A with 9000RPM redline, at no point will you feel the car is too loose. the Accel@55 is since the car has such amazing handling in stick form, it can make as much use of the high RPM without spinning out as often while exiting tight corners but yet allowing you to drift it on-command. The Decel@5 keeps it always agile and responsive at any speed.

This all varies by driver and you'd have to take your time if tuning a car you intend to run for a competition or regularly in online races. Personally, I have somewhat of a love affair with every car I tune. I run them online against friends, against randoms, and against the AI in professional-mode A-Spec races in Arcade mode until I find that the car is as fast AND FUN as can be. My general tuning philosophy is that no matter what, never forget that just as fast as you want your car to be, it must also be fun to drive for YOU!

All this advice is relative to driver experience and technique. I share my favorite and most developed settings in my tuning garage and though my settings may not be comfortable for every driver, I enjoy sharing my setups and encourage my 'customers' to make whatever changes they feel necessary in order for their technique to get the most out of my setups.

Hope this helped :)

250i6ug.jpg

Ferrari 512BB '76
Berlinetta Boxer

GT Auto:
Paint: Blu sera met.
Wheels: BBS RS (Oro Chiaro)
Oil Change
147.3 Miles​

ALL AIDS OFF (ABS OFF)

2qc2mxi.jpg

Pure, Raw, Unadulterated power. And with nothing to hold you back, you better come prepared with some balls of steel along with a diaper if you're to tame this pony. 524 horses blasting through 12 cylinders.. oh, and with ABS off don't forget your bible. Now.. scary as this ride may be, once you get the a rhythm of which RPM's the most power and torque are; GT-R's, M3's and most other cars in the same range will be feeding on a full course of your Flat-12's dust!

Last edited:
2f0ao38.jpg

Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Hollow Point

GT Auto
Paint: GT GUNMETAL 009-W (Purchased through th PS Store)
Wheels: American Racing VINTAGE TORQ THRUST
Oil Change
Front Aero Type 2
Rear Aerro Type 1
Wing Type 2​

ALL AIDS OFF (ABS OFF)

ws0h3.jpg

Classic American muscle at its finest right here. Deep down inside, most of us wish we could be Steve McQueen... well now you can.. almost (as it's not exactly the same model he drives in Bullitt, but the next best thing). Despite having no ABS, this car has an impressive set of stoppers 👍

Last edited:
SpecialStageRoute72.jpg

Blue Pressure'12 Zodiacs'
Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG '02

GT Auto:
Metallic Blue Respray : Engine Restore : Chassis Restore

Tale of the Tape:
600PP
847hp/5900rpm | 867ft-lb/3400rpm
1441kg
Model: Standard

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Supercharger
Transmission: F/C
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
99.5%

Transmission:
1st: 4.014
2nd: 2.425
3rd: 1.654
4th: 1.214
5th: 0.935
Final: 2.000
Max Speed: 211 Mph

L.S.D.:
0 - 5
0 - 26
0 - 13

Suspension:
Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 10.2/8.4
Damper Extension: 3/4
Damper Compression: 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 0.3/0.2
Tow: -0.11/0.27

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
6 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

Bigger means better in Blue Pressure's case, weighting in at 1441kg its no where near as light as some of the Beasts of the Wangan but with 847BHP this E55 AMG has got te power and top end to make sure it makes its meaning known.

Last edited:
ClubmanStageRoute5.jpg

Midnight Rose '12 Zodiacs'
Lotus Esprit V8 '02

GT Auto:
Metallic Red Respray : Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
595PP
718hp/7900rpm | 491ft-lb/6900rpm
1144kg

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood: Coloured
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 2.949
2nd: 1.771
3rd: 1.211
4th: 0.871
5th: 0.735
Final: 2.760
Max Speed: 217 Mph

L.S.D.:
0 - 13
0 - 18
0 - 10

Suspension:
Spring Rate: 10.0/9.0
Damper Extension: 7/7
Damper Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 2.4/2.5
Tow: -0.11/0.12

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
7 - 8

Ballast:
0kg

Midnight Rose is a Turbocharged V8 monster that will take no prisoners when it comes to draft racing. Tuned to run a 4 Speed transmission with 5th gear as a drafting gear this Lotus will easily pull speed's of well over 250MPH....

Last edited:
Got to ask you Solid. Will you update the FD Civic tune? Better yet, is a MR-S in the works? :D

I was actually running the FD2 and DC5 in offline races last week. I want to work on a Spec-II setup for them but I have been focusing more on some other projects. Namely the old school cars and a touge FD3S. The Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary and Camaro Z28 will be the next two from that list to be released as soon as I can. Also, i gotta add the new Zodiacs to the OP as soon as i can. Haven't been online in almost a week on PSN haha.

SpecialStageRoute7_1.jpg

Golden Wind '12 Zodiacs'
Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG (R230) '02

GT Auto:
Metallic Gold Respray : Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
600PP
790hp/5500rpm | 795ft-lb/3400rpm
1470kg

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Supercharger
F/C LSD
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
99.4%

Transmission:
1st: 2.949
2nd: 1.771
3rd: 1.211
4th: 0.871
5th: 0.735
Final: 2.760
Max Speed: 217 Mph

L.S.D.:
0 - 6
0 - 15
0 - 10

Suspension:
Spring Rate: 10.6/9.7
Damper Extension: 5/6
Damper Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/6
Camber: 0.7/0.4
Tow: -0.15/0.25

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
8 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

Golden Wind is possibly my Finest creation yet on the Wangan. With 790Bhp it will easily carry you beyond 240 without draft.

Last edited:
For those that haven't been told.. I've been on hiatus cause I have no internet at home :banghead:
But I've still been tuning non-stop in my free time.

The next update to the "Old-School" cars is coming soon which will include:
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary
Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69

Along some new 500PP touge tunes that I've been reworking, including an update for the Honda FD2 and DC5 (now non-turbo).

And some more surprises along the way including my first Race-Only setups and more new projects from Shadow and myself. All in good time, friends. All in good time.

Last edited:
ToscanaTarmac_12.jpg

Purple Meteor '12 Zodiacs'
Tommy Kaira ZZII '00

GT Auto:
Metallic Purple Respray : Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
599PP
570hp/8000rpm | 455ft-lb/5500rpm
1000kg
Model: Standard
Type: Touge

Upgrades:
Transmission: 6 Speed Close Ratio
Torque Center Differential
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
6 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
5 - 7
15 - 17
6 - 12

Drivetrain:
30 - 70

Suspension:
Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 14.7/12.5
Damper Extension: 5/6
Damper Compression: 5/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: 2.0/2.5
Tow: -0.20/0.00

Downforce
F - 15 : R - 35

Brakes:
7 - 8

Ballast:
0kg

Purple Meteor is a lightweight touge monster with is Mid-mounted Skyline engine, It's a blast to drive on the touge with it's 4WD system combined with 1000kg it will not leave your rear view mirror unless you make a mistake....

Last edited:
Back