Ripper Tuning Garage - 14/10/13 - Farewell.

Go into the 300km Grand Valley endurance race with your GT500 car, get Bob to drive it while you go and do something else. Just leave the PS3 running. :P

Hum, I'd guess that is the best way to do it then. Thanks for the tip. 👍 Also, I've been testing one of your cars, the wedgy Stratos! Here's what I think of the car so far:

-It is less crazy than I though it would be. It's quite nimble when you're not going crazy through the track. And even when you are, it just goes into a slow-motion oversteer drift, which is really easy to control, so you can use it to point the front to where you want to go and then you slam the gas pedal.

-The gearbox does it job well, but if you dip down the revs too much, it does take a little longer to get the car up to speed. It's a mid-to-high revs sort of car, this one. So you drivers out there should try to keep the revs in that bit.

-I actually used the car in the 400 PP Compact Car seasonal event, and I won the 24h Nurb race! The car did very well in the twisty bits, and I won by a hair. But the car did struggle a bit on the tighter tracks (although the driver probably has some fault in that too...).

Hope that proved useful to ya. :sly:

Hum, I'd guess that is the best way to do it then. Thanks for the tip. 👍 Also, I've been testing one of your cars, the wedgy Stratos! Here's what I think of the car so far:

-It is less crazy than I though it would be. It's quite nimble when you're not going crazy through the track. And even when you are, it just goes into a slow-motion oversteer drift, which is really easy to control, so you can use it to point the front to where you want to go and then you slam the gas pedal.

-The gearbox does it job well, but if you dip down the revs too much, it does take a little longer to get the car up to speed. It's a mid-to-high revs sort of car, this one. So you drivers out there should try to keep the revs in that bit.

-I actually used the car in the 400 PP Compact Car seasonal event, and I won the 24h Nurb race! The car did very well in the twisty bits, and I won by a hair. But the car did struggle a bit on the tighter tracks (although the driver probably has some fault in that too...).

Hope that proved useful to ya. :sly:

Seems spot on to me. :P Thanks for the review, top stuff as always from you. The gearing is really wide because it's a Ring tune, which would probably explain why it takes a bit longer from low revs. The gentle oversteer stuff is what I love about this tune though, holding it on the limit of grip while piling through a corner is such fun. :lol:

Seems spot on to me. :P Thanks for the review, top stuff as always from you. The gearing is really wide because it's a Ring tune, which would probably explain why it takes a bit longer from low revs. The gentle oversteer stuff is what I love about this tune though, holding it on the limit of grip while piling through a corner is such fun. :lol:

Glad to know I haven't lost my touch. 👍 :) And I'd guess since it is a Ring tune, I shouldn't be shocked with my win there, haha. :dopey: It is a pretty solid MR tune, one that doesn't go too wild, so it should work with beginners and noobs. And it is also a great drift car, if you're into that sort of thing...

BMW Z4 '03
Found in NCD
450PP
286BHP, 351Nm, 1365kg
FR

Parts
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension
Sports Hard Tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 0kg @ 0

Engine
Power Limiter: 99.9%, balance for 450PP

Transmission
1st - 3.480
2nd - 2.475
3rd - 1.879
4th - 1.498
5th - 1.234
6th - 1.044
Final - 3.100
Max speed - 162mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/7
Accel: -/18
Braking: -/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -6/-4
Spring Rate: 10.0/7.0
Extension: 7/5
Compression: 4/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/4
Camber: 2.2/1.9
Toe: -0.15/-0.05

Brakes
5/5

I love this tune, even if I do say so myself. It's not the fastest in its PP range, but it's just so nice to drive.

Last edited:
Tommy Kaira ZZ-S '00
Found in UCD
450PP
229BHP, 248Nm, 890kg
MR

Parts
Sports ECU
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Hard Tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 200kg @ 0

Engine
Power Limiter: 97.5%, balance for 450PP

Transmission
1st - 2.723
2nd - 1.893
3rd - 1.480
4th - 1.194
5th - 0.993
6th - 0.840
Final - 3.950
Max speed - 162mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/8
Accel: -/12
Braking: -/9

Suspension
Ride Height: -5/-4
Spring Rate: 6.2/6.7
Extension: 5/5
Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/1
Camber: 2.2/1.9
Toe: -0.05/0.02

Brakes
5/6

Sprightly little car this one.

BMW Z4 '03
450PP
286BHP, 351Nm, 1365kg

I tried out this on the Nordshleife yesterday in offline practice.

Really, what is there to not to like here? Corners beautifully, very smooth, agile and quick. It is so...polite :lol:. Everything happens in such a nice and docile manner - the back end might break away, but it does so slowly and doesn't snap back under correction.

I liked the way the front end digs in when you let off power and brakes - great for the transition through a corner but can also get you out of trouble when you get it wrong :dopey:. Subtle 'drifts' to rotate the car work well to point out of the tighter corners and get the power down. Reminded me a bit of an S2000.

It doesn't feel hugely fast, but I found myself running wide on exit a couple of times because I was going faster than I thought. My only very minor quibble is sometimes I felt the turn-in was a bit too sharp - more of a fault with my clumsy thumb than the tune, but I might try reducing the front toe setting a little.

I only did 3 laps and was still getting used to the car - best time was around 8:10 (for reference my fastest offline 450pp on SH so far is 8:06 with Cy's Golf).

This car really rewards a smoother driving style - it can handle aggression but you will be simply be treated with indifference. Keep it tidy and it will be your friend for life.

Thanks Woodski for the review!

I certainly love the way the Z4 turned out, it's one of the best handling cars I've ever tuned, and I made it so that it wouldn't fight back unless you pulled the handbrake and forced it to spin. It was built for Ring runs with Cy and friends, so any loss of control could have race-ending consequences... :P

It is a bit on the heavy side though, I know certainly an S2000 has the same power but is about 100kg lighter for the same PP, so it's not the fastest tool for 450pp SH, but oh well. It drives nice. :lol:

I should be back online soon, Gents, got myself a shiny blue controller :mischievous:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of chub, Rips, I'll give the Z4 a go. I started building one for a mate, who has one IRL. He's done a few things to his (filthy rich IT contractor), I think his is push 350BHP.

I should try out your ZZ-S too. I've been tooling around with it and thought I had it running really nice, until I ran a couple of fast laps with SICWHITT. Turns out that it's a 180°, sudden death, killer if you can't take the racing line. Hugely quick car though.

Hopefully see you guys on soon 👍

{Cy}

I should be back online soon, Gents, got myself a shiny blue controller :mischievous:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of chub, Rips, I'll give the Z4 a go. I started building one for a mate, who has one IRL. He's done a few things to his (filthy rich IT contractor), I think his is push 350BHP.

I should try out your ZZ-S too. I've been tooling around with it and thought I had it running really nice, until I ran a couple of fast laps with SICWHITT. Turns out that it's a 180°, sudden death, killer if you can't take the racing line. Hugely quick car though.

Hopefully see you guys on soon 👍

{Cy}

Great to hear Cy, been occupying myself with Guitar Hero these days as no one's online to race with. :lol:

Yeah I've never been afraid to pile on the weight, but it means it certainly lacks pace compared to the fastest at 450PP. I don't really mind though, my rule is that if I enjoy the drive, it doesn't really matter how fast the car goes, so long as it's roughly in the ballpark.

I could see the ZZ-S turning into a killer, it's devilishly twitchy if you manhandle it and the short wheelbase will just spit you out of a corner backwards. I actually can't remember how my tune for it drives, other than it was an improvement over stock and had decent grip. :lol:

I've amused myself playing Far Cry 3, I do love hunting down pirates and privateers :sly: The left mushroom sticking isn't so much of a problem, running around tropical islands, although I would sometimes end up strafing right automatically..!!

My ZZ-S was great for time-trialling. It did have some rear slip and didn't like the green stuff, but if you kept it between the lines it was an 8:00 car, easily. Whole different world when you can't take the driving line. Quite a few of the cresting corners, saw me suddenly facing the opposite way, wondering what the hell just happened. I'll try your set-up, as it's a lot softer than mine. I feel a mash-up coming on :mischievous:

{Cy}

Sorry for the late congrats :dunce:, but great job on having the tune of the week 👍...
... this garage needs some more love :cheers:

I only just noticed now! :lol: Thank you, and a big thanks to Lionheart for nominating it! :cheers:

Congratulations for the Tune, i have the same car at 500PP SM in tuning process . It have the same weight ,no ballast but stronger springs and lower ARB. It's an amazing car like the 550PP but just need more top speed to be performant on fast tracks like the ring.
Like it's written on your comment, "This car will grip until your face falls off..." , it's a very good option for slower technical tracks for sure.
👍:) Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Ferrari California '08
Found in NCD
600PP
665BHP, 633Nm, 1326kg
FR

GrandValleySpeedway_14.jpg

Parts
GT Auto Front Splitter
GT Auto Rear Wing
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Soft Tyres

Body/Chassis
Aero: (15)/30
Ballast: 0kg @ 0

Transmission
1st - 3.428
2nd - 2.472
3rd - 1.978
4th - 1.615
5th - 1.361
6th - 1.171
7th - 1.002
Final - 3.750
Max speed - 180mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/7
Accel: -/16
Braking: -/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -2/-4
Spring Rate: 9.0/9.5
Extension: 8/5
Compression: 4/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 2.4/2.2
Toe: -0.15/-0.15

Brakes
5/6

Tuned on GT5 Version 2.07

So glad I found this and you took the time to tune it...finally won the Ferrari series in both A spec and B spec..look forward to future tunes and thanks again

Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Ltd. (Z33) '05
Found in UCD
523PP
400BHP, 504Nm, 1269kg
FR

Parts
GT Auto Wing Type B
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Hard Tyres

Body/Chassis
Aero: -/14
Ballast: 12kg @ 50

Engine
Power Limiter: 98.4%, balance for 400BHP

Transmission
1st - 3.080
2nd - 2.302
3rd - 1.788
4th - 1.436
5th - 1.188
6th - 1.004
Final - 3.250
Max speed - 174mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/9
Accel: -/13
Braking: -/6

Suspension
Ride Height: -5/-5
Spring Rate: 10.7/10.5
Extension: 7/6
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/1
Camber: 2.2/1.8
Toe: -0.06/-0.03

Brakes
5/5

Entry to Touge Showdown T400 FR.

Last edited:
By the way, I missed it, and since I am probably too lazy to check, which the car from your garage that won the Tune of the Week? Might give that one a go...

Sad to end my GT5 tuning "career", but I pretty much no longer have access to a PS3, as I've gone to uni and such. Times have been good, scored one shootout win and been mostly consistent in others... :P You guys may see occasional tunes pop out from time to time (and I've got a little backlog of tunes waiting in the wings, so you may see those), but as of now, trackripper over and out. :cheers:

Sad to end my GT5 tuning "career", but I pretty much no longer have access to a PS3, as I've gone to uni and such. Times have been good, scored one shootout win and been mostly consistent in others... :P You guys may see occasional tunes pop out from time to time (and I've got a little backlog of tunes waiting in the wings, so you may see those), but as of now, trackripper over and out. :cheers:

Good luck in your life, man! 👍

Ford RS200 '84
Found in UCD
500PP
408BHP, 433Nm, 1217kg
4WD

London_1.jpg

Hey man, I wanted to take a minute and wish you luck in life. I see you are moving on from tuning for the most part. We all go through changes in life and have to do what needs to be done.
I started GT5 later than most. About 4 months ago. I'm always playing with some of the Tuner's tunes and stumbled across this Ford RS200. I had grabbed one at the UCD a while who because it looked kinda cool and kinda silly at the same time. Had never played around with it.
Well I threw your tune on it and all I can say is WOW. A car that almost flys yet always seems to be in contact with the asphalt. I've worked down to Sport Mediums and it's still 99% predictable. Hoping to get the same out of Sport Hards for the 530 AWD Seasonals.
I rarely name my cars. It I see a lot of tuners do. The one that came to mind for this champ is "SHOW-OFF". My bright red, AWD rocket that can devour the track in a perfect line or slide into a turn sideways, faking an out of control skid ( even into the grass ) and come out of it in 4th gear back on the line. This is the car I see crossing the finish line 1st with enough time to do a graceful 360' burnout with a chirp here and then a little squeal of tires there; leaving a big round smily face of black skid marks in the middle of the track....... Show-Off :)

Thanks for your contributions to the community bro!
Paul

Edit : Running 500 pp , easy 1st place in some of the 530AWD Seasonals. ( Not aginst that arrogant Subaru Spec C )

Last edited:
Back