Official Playstation Store Thread

The Blast Factor update is nice. there are gameplay tweaks too. It doesn't feel like the old version at all.

The cluster cell enemies disburse away from you now rather than at you. The game feels faster now too and there is less unintentional slow down. I'm thinking about getting Advanced Research since its $5.00 and seems like a whole new game.

OK I went ahead and re-downloaded both Blast Factor and GripShift, and here is what I got...

My original GripShift was 294 MB, when I downloaded it again, and installed, it replaced my old copy with one that is only 6 MB larger, and while I haven't played it, nothing else looks different just by looking at the file icon, and "Info" page. is that the same file size as everyone else got when they downloaded the updated version?

BTW: It's interesting that it also did not change the download date.

The Blast Factor files on the other hand are just plain strange, and don't really add up.

My original Blast Factor game was listed at 98 MB, but in my download list it shows Blast Factor as having 134 MB (which would account for the update), but my download list also includes the Multi-Player add-on at 132 MB.

This is what puzzles me further.

I looked for the Blast Factor Multi-pack that I downloaded back in March in my "Game Data Utility" folder, where the Genji costume pack, and the MotorStorm Update 1.2 are kept, but it wasn't there, nor is it listed any where else in the XMB.

This leads me to believe that it simply was a replacement file for the original game file... but if it says its 132 MB and my Blast Factor file says it is only 98 MB... then something doesn't add up, and either 34 MB or 132 MB of data is missing... possibly a hidden file???

This got me wondering if they have also updated the Mult-Player pack, and that maybe I should re-download that as well... but I decided to first reload the updated main Blast Factor file, which in my list said it was 134 MB.

After installing it though, it replaced my old copy, but now it says it is 161 MB???

OK, so now I'm guessing 27 MB is the multi-pack data from my first download of that add-on, which the update kept.

OK, but the download list says the add-on is 132 MB... so now I'm wondering if the Multi-player add-on was also updated, and I need to download that as well to get what ever changes have possibly been made to that as well?!?!?!

This really is ridiculous... how hard would it be to properly identify new updates and files, and most importantly do a decent job of alerting their customers on exactly how to go about updating the games they have already bought. :grumpy:

If you download a game to your HDD but then replace the HDD is it any hassle to redownload it onto a new HDD?

My PS store still looks the same.:grumpy: Do you think that it is because I dont have an HDTV?

SDTV has a whole other interface on the store. Only 3 objects per page and no lists and just one ad. HDTV has 10 objects per page and latest list, top downloaded list, and more ads.

8/9/07 New Content Now Available for Download:

North American PS Store
  • Wallpaper
    • Heavenly Sword - Anime No.1

• Game
    • Piyotama - $2.99

• Game Trailers
    • Heavenly Sword - Anime No.1
    • Heavenly Sword - "Making of Video" No.1
    • Turok - E3 2007 Gamplay Trailer

• Movie Trailers
    • 10,000 B.C.
    • Superbad - Red Band version
    • Fred Clause - Trailer 2

European PS Store
  • Game Trailers
    • Gran Turismo - PS Premiere Event Trailer
    • Heavenly Sword - Animation Series No.1
      (same as NA version, but at less than half the bit rate - so skip it and download the one off the NA store)
    • Heavenly Sword - "Making of..." No.1
      (same as NA version, but at 3/4 the bit rate)

• Blu-ray Trailers
    • Ghost Rider
    • The Covenant

Hong Kong PS Store

Digital, are you sure the Gran Turismo Trailer is 9 GBs?
I went to the European store hoping it was, that maybe it would include video of KY talking before and after the trailer with english subtitles. so far its looking like the new european gran turismo video is just 142mb? are you downloading a 9gb vid? i hope so.

Digital, are you sure the Gran Turismo Trailer is 9 GBs?
I went to the European store hoping it was, that maybe it would include video of KY talking before and after the trailer with english subtitles. so far its looking like the new european gran turismo video is just 142mb? are you downloading a 9gb vid? i hope so.
LMAO... I had a :dunce: moment. :D

I mistook the "Free Space _____ GB" for the file size.

This reminds me though how much I don't like the fact that the PS Store interface only list the file size AFTER you select it to download. 👎

They really should list it in the very first file info page, but at the very least they should also list the file size on the same page with the "Free Space _____ GB" that you see after you chose what file you are interested in downloading.

Anyway, the new GT5:P trailer isn't 9.2 GB (it's 167 MB), that's what I have left on my HDD after I cleaned house and transfered some of the video trailers off my HDD and onto my PC until I decide if I want to replace the 60GB drive for a much larger one.

BTW: I noticed that when you chose to download something off a PS Store onto a USB drive, it wont allow you to do background downloading.

DWA
Is the Japanese store the same as the UK and Hong Kong store? I can't read Japanese. :grumpy: :dunce:
No - they do have their own content, but it's usualy games/content best suited to the Japanese...

First, what is Piyotama? I'm not expecting much at $2.99.

This reminds me though how much I don't like the fact that the PS Store interface only list the file size AFTER you select it to download. 👎
I agree, it should be done differently.

BTW: I noticed that when you chose to download something off a PS Store onto a USB drive, it wont allow you to do background downloading.
It does it when saving to any external device. Both my USB drive and SD card have to download in the foreground.

First, what is Piyotama? I'm not expecting much at $2.99.
There are a couple video clips of it on GameTrailers.com, here is the LINK.

It's basically a new twist to a style of puzzle game that's been around for a long time and was itself a spin-off of Tetris. Where instead of shapes, you control the placement of different colored balls in a playing area, and when you have a certain number of the same colored balls touching each other they disappear. You lose when you do not clear enough balls so that they eventually touch the "perimeter".

I downloaded it last night... already saw that Jeremy Ricci was up to the 11th level... but still had not cracked the top 1000 high scores... but I suspect he will soon enough.

From what I can tell by only just viewing the three demo modes, in this take on the genre, the balls are now "eggs", and they have different patters as well, and you have several ways of manipulating them and how they are placed on the board, much more so than any other similar style game I've seen.

I'm not normally a fan of these kinds of puzzle games, but for $3 I thought "why not", and I know my wife really likes these type of games, as does my mother in-law, so I know it will get some play even if I end up barely playing it myself.

Hong Kong PS Store
I checked back and they have added some new stuff to the Hong Kong Store, excluding what's already been released in the other regional stores, here is what is new:

• Game
    • Tekken 5: DR - Online - Both English & Japanese Versions

• Game Trailers
    • Tekken 5: DR - Online
    • Haze - "Breaking Away"

• Movie Trailers
    • Infernal Affairs
The new Haze trailer looks great, and now includes some actual game footage. It is also in 1080p, like the first trailer. 👍

I have no idea why they have a trailer for Infernal Affairs. Sure, it was one of the most successful HK movies, but it came out five years ago, the sequels came out four years ago, and the American adaptation of it, The Departed, came out last year. Maybe this is a hint that like John Woo's Stranglehold, Infernal Affairs is also going to be made into a new video game? Still seems odd.

OK, so I downloaded the red band trailer for Superbad this weekend and watched it. I typically do not mind red band trailers and this one even made me think this looked a little more funny, even if it was crude humor, but I am surprised that a red band trailer (basically rated-r) was available for free download. I thought those were only supposed to be with R-rated movies.

It isn't a concern for me because I don't have kids, but I wondered what you all thought.

How funny. So, Fatal Inertia, the game that went from PS3 exclusive to multiplatform to 360 exclusive (PS3 version delayed indefinitely because of UE3 troubles) to multiplatform again is getting a PSN demo out of nowhere. Supposedly coming out tomorrow on the Euro PS Store or this Thursday on all the PS Stores or whatever.

Say what you will about Koei, but their upcoming futuristic racing title Fatal Inertia has been running laps for a long time -- first as a PS3 exclusive, then multiplatform, then canceled for PS3, then canceled altogether (a brief, easily squashed rumor), now back on track for both the 360 and PS3. Not only is the title back on track, but Fatal Inertia is hitting the PS Store tomorrow (or perhaps Thursday if the scheduled updates up to now mean anything at all)! All you'll need is a European account and downloading will be pretty easy. Once you check it out, you can finally complain about how the game does or doesn't hold up to our standards with the 360 folk, who've had a demo for a few days.

And you all are in for a treat. Best waste of bandwidth ever. 👍

Is it out on Blu ray? Could be a Blu ray trailer like the other blu ray movie trailers.
Yes, but it came out over a month ago, and while the description in the HK PS Store mentions that the Blu-ray edition is out, the trailer itself is not a Blu-ray trailer. The lack of any Blu-ray logo (which you'll find at the end of the Blu-ray trailers in the HK PS Store), or mention of Blu-ray in the trailer and the poor picture quality of the trailer are already enough to confirm the trailer isn't from the Blu-ray edition... and I saw the exact same trailer for Infernal Affairs three years ago... long before they were even thinking about a Blu-ray edition. :)

That said, you are correct, in that it is intended to promote the Blu-ray edition, but like a poor demo of a game, I think it was a big mistake to simply recycle a relatively poor quailty trailer from a few years ago as I suspect the Blu-ray edition should look much better than that. Then again...

I was going to order the Blu-ray edition, but it appears Media Asia Films and Mega Star dropped the ball as far as making a high quality transfer for this title. Either due to an inferior telecine process or inferior film source... which judging by many of the comparative screen shots I've seen, it looks like they used the same source, possibly even the same HD master as the one from the original DVD transfer.

From the in-depth review of the Blu-ray edition of Infernal Affairs by by Leonard Norwitz at DVDBeaver.com:

Image : 6.5~8.5

MegaStar's first foray into high definition DVDs is not so much revelatory, as it is satisfying. I had no illusions that the master would result in improved clarity where softness of focus was apparent in the R0. I had hopes that the tendency for the high level information to blow out would have been managed, but alas, it is much the same. The blacks are deeper and overall the image does not appear to have been artificially brightened, as I suspected here and there on the SD. The image lacks the density that we would find in well preserved Technicolor (e.g. The Cowboys), lending it the appearance of having been shot in HD video; but in other respects - color saturation and color contrast, refinements in resolution, dimensionality – the Blu-ray is the kind of step above standard definition that we have come to expect generally. The aspect ratio on the Blu-ray is also greater (approx. 2.35:1 compared to 2.25:1 for the SD).

Worth a rent, but I think I’ll wait for an even better quality transfer before making a purchase.

Since i didn't get an answer from the General PS3 thread i'll post my question here.

How many PS Stores is there exactly? I know Europe, Japan, America, Hong Kong and probably Australia (??).

EDIT:

I just noticed that the PS Store is down for maintenance, could it be that Home is on the way?

Since i didn't get an answer from the General PS3 thread i'll post my question here.

How many PS Stores is there exactly? I know Europe, Japan, America, Hong Kong and probably Australia (??).
I believe there are still only three distinctly different PS Stores in 'English', Hong Kong, North America, and Europe/Middle East/Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific/etc; although I have noticed there are price differences between different countries in the same region. The Japanese store is different, but is not offered in English, and there are several stores that also do not offer an English option, so they may be different as well, but I suspect they'll offer the same content as the English European/Middle Eastern/Australian stores... as they all have the exact same content... just different pricing.

I just noticed that the PS Store is down for maintenance, could it be that Home is on the way?
Good question, maybe it does have something to do with te upcoming public Beta version of Home.

UPDATES!

Europe:
  • Armored Core 4 Demo

Hong Kong:
  • Bladestorm Hyakuen Sensou Trial Version

Japan:
  • (something with a happy kid on the cover, one blue version and one orange version, no idea what it is. It's like cartoon clothes and stuff.) LOL

more should appear in a day or so...

Just been playing the Bladestorm demo and it looks great - haven't got the foggiest clue what I'm doing (since it's all in Japanese) but I just had a big massive fight with hundreds of men and horses flying about everywhere. I like it!

Just been playing the Bladestorm demo and it looks great - haven't got the foggiest clue what I'm doing (since it's all in Japanese) but I just had a big massive fight with hundreds of men and horses flying about everywhere. I like it!

sounds good, gonna test in about 2 minutes, installing now

Bladestorm was... meh. I personally prefer the hack and slashing with a single character like in the Dynasty Warriors series. But I suppose they needed to change the gameplay sometime...

There's nothing like the satisfaction you receive from a hack and slash game like that. 👍

G.T
Bladestorm was... meh. I personally prefer the hack and slashing with a single character like in the Dynasty Warriors series. But I suppose they needed to change the gameplay sometime...

There's nothing like the satisfaction you receive from a hack and slash game like that. 👍

Didn't love Bladestorm either. Mostly because i didn't know what i was doing and i had to restart the mission over and over again because i did something wrong, god knows what. Probably would be a little more fun if i understood what everyone was saying and the hints that popped up all the time.

God Almighty, is there even going to be an update today? It's 4:20 now, there hasn't been any PR releases sent out, etc etc...

There's supposed to be the Heavenly Sword goodies in the US store today, so I'm holding out hope...

RATCHET DEMO PLEASE!

EDIT: OH ZOUNDS PRESS RELEASE PLZ BE TRUE

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7444776&postcount=220

Today’s PLAYSTATION Store update will feature demos for upcoming PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) titles, DiRT and NCAA Football 08, and new trailers for Folklore and TimeShift. Also check out the second installments of the Heavenly Sword “Making of” video feature and animated series.

Below are the details of these and other exciting new offerings:

•DiRT demo (free): Get off road, be the fastest and stay in control with this new demo that takes players on an adrenaline fuelled ride through a massive range of off road racing.

•NCAA Football 08 demo (free): Lead by example and take control of the game in NCAA Football 08. The all-new Campus Legend mode and Dynasty Mode put all your skills, integrity and ingenuity to the test.

•Folklore “A Tale of Two Strangers” Trailer (free): Get drawn in and learn more about Ellen and Keats, two strangers who meet in the mysterious town of Doolin and discover the gateways to the Netherworld.

•TimeShift Trailer (free): Dr. Aiden Krone has made a Time Jump across the space-time continuum – a reckless act with frightening consequences. Now, a disturbing alternate reality has evolved within the bleak and rain-soaked Alpha District. Armed with the experimental Beta Suit, you alone are able to slow, stop and reverse the flow of time. Only with this ability can you lead the uprising to victory and put an end to Krone’s madness.

•Heavenly Sword “Making of” No. 2 (free): In “Episode Two: Bringing Design to Life,” see the development of characters including Nariko, Kai and King Bohan as they go from stills on a concept artist’s drawing board to moving, fighting beings on an animator’s computer screen.

•Heavenly Sword Anime No. 2 (free): In “Episode Two: Guardians of the Sword,” the power of the Heavenly Sword is too strong, so strong that no mortal man can resist it. Yet for those who succumb to temptation, the glory is fleeting. Wielding the sword carries a heavy, heavy price.

•Movie Trailers (free): Download movie trailers for the upcoming releases, Bros Solomon, Wall E and Lives of Others (on Blu-ray Disc).

Back