Japan
@ Suzuka Circuit in GSR Spirit. ^_~
GTP_CAMikaze
GTPlanet Clio Cup Series

Round #1
Mid-Field Raceway

Track Map credits - [SEARCH]AMG.[/SEARCH]

Hot-Lap Qualifying, 10 Lap Sprint Race and 14 Lap Feature Race
Deadline: Sunday, September 23rd @ 8:00 pm EDT (24:00 GMT)

You've finished the testing. You've checked the car over. You've even studied the track extensively to see where you can take the quickest line. And now, you are about to put what you have learned in the Pre-Season to the test. Once the red lights go out and the green light comes on, the races will count. And your championship fate will be determined by you and you alone.

Mid-Field Raceway has been a part of the Gran Turismo franchise since GT2. Fast straights transition into some tight corners that makes each lap quick and challenging from the novice driver to even the more experienced racer.

All rules, regulations, car specifications, and races are controlled by the GTP Clio Cup officials. Any and all questions should be directed to the GTP Clio Cup officials(CAMikaze and RACECAR) and they will do their best to answer in a timely and accurate manner.
All drivers must run at the specified Tires, Top Speed, Weight and Horsepower settings for each round.

All Other Standard Online Racing Rules apply.
  • No Cheating, Hybrids, or any funny stuff like that. Run the car according to the Specifications please.
  • Try and keep two wheels on the road at all times. No shortcuts.
  • No wall-riding. It slows you down.
  • TCS and/or ACS is allowed IF DESIRED, but NOT mandatory.
  • Discussion of the split times is allowed but the full lap and race times are not be mentioned in the thread until the results have been posted and made official. Doing so will subject the driver to a time penalty to be added on to the qualifying and/or race time.
  • Times must be submitted by PM to CAMikaze and RACECAR by the Deadline listed. Otherwise a time penalty of 1 second for every minute after the deadline it is sent in by will be assesed to the Qualifying and Race times. Should the time submission not be sent in to the GTP Clio Cup Stewards by 2 hours after the deadline has passed, the times sent in after then will not be counted in the results.

Round Format

Car Specifications
Power: 261 HP (-11), Weight: 1058 kg (-8), Top Speed: 260 km/h (0), Tires: RH/RH only

Qualifying Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Time Trial >>> Original Circuits >>> Mid-Field Raceway >>> Select Car

Sprint Race Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Single Race >>> Original Circuits >>> Mid-Field Raceway >>> Select Car
Transmission: MT or AT, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Tires: Racing: Hard, Difficulty: At least +5
Race Options: Arcade: No. of Laps: 10, Tire Wear: Mild, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Penalty: Forced Pit Entry, Time Limit: None

Feature Race Specifications

Arcade Mode >>> Single Race >>> Original Circuits >>> Mid-Field Raceway >>> Select Car
Transmission: MT or AT, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Tires: Racing: Hard, Difficulty: At least +5
Race Options: Arcade: No. of Laps: 14, Tire Wear: Mild, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Penalty: Forced Pit Entry, Time Limit: None

Time Sending Format

Please make sure you send your Times formatted this way. It'll make it easier, and we'll be good.;)
Code:
Driver(Country): [Your name and country here]
Car #: [Your car # here]
Team: [The team you're racing for here]

Qualifying: [Your fastest Qualifying lap time here]

Sprint Race
Total Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]

Feature Race
Total Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]

A couple more notes before we get things going here.

• Some Ground Rules: There's some concrete pavement on the sides at the two tunnels. You are allowed to run on there, but you're not allowed to pass the other cars while you're on it. Should you pass one of the AI cars, you're to give the position(s) back to the car(s) that you've passed as soon as possible.
  • During the Pre-Season, you were allowed to post your Times and Splits in the threads for comparison. Now that the season is about to start, we kindly advise against doing such a thing until the results have been posted and made official.
  • And in regard to submitting your times, for the Clio Cup Season, once you have submitted your times, they're locked in and can not be changed. If you believe you can do better, hold off until you believe you cannot do any better or don't think you would have any more time to try to set a faster time. And make sure you PM your final times to myself(CAMikaze) and RACECAR before the race deadline so that you don't get asessed any penalties. ;)👍

And with all that said...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!!!:sly:👍​

The first round of the newest GTPlanet racing series was run at Mid-Field Raceway. The buzz that was created during the pre-season carried over quite well. And the events that went on will likely create even more for the next round at Suzuka.

Carlito, fantomas40 and GTXDriver each had some time in each of the top 3 positions at the end of each session. Carlito scores the inagural Pole Position in series history, while the first race wins went to GTXDriver in the Sprint and fantomas40 in the Feature race. These same three Hungarian drivers provided some razor close finishes in both races that wowed the crowd that was onhand to watch.

GTPlanet Clio Cup Round 1 Results
Qualifying
Code:
Position  Car #  Driver (Country)  Time
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=darkslateblue]31 Carlito (HUN)           1'15.411[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=red]76 GTXDriver (HUN)         1'15.426[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=yellow]41 fantomas40 (HUN)        1'15.447[/COLOR]
[*] 5 RACECAR (USA)           1'15.558
[*]19 Sliderman(Hun) (HUN)    1'15.926
[*]55 nige (GBR)              1'16.019
[*]20 Sparrow(Hun) (HUN)      1'16.035
[*]69 Tyre King (GBR)         1'16.300
[*]13 mnm_bmx (MAL)           1'16.336
[*]33 SammiTogueGirl (GBR)    1'16.361
[*]23 Smokalot (CHI)          1'16.677
[*]99 Venari (GBR)            1'16.707
[*] 3 flat-beat-eric (RSA)    1'16.719
[*]43 Optikal (USA)           1'16.752
[*]52 daddy-o (USA)           1'16.792
[*] 0 CAMikaze (USA)          1'17.198
[*]26 TS (USA)                1'17.202
[*] 6 AyJay (AUS)             1'17.888
[*]17 ranhammerR34 (USA)      1'21.723[/LIST]

Sprint Race (10 Laps)
Code:
Place  Car #  Driver (Country)  Total Time  Fastest Lap
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=gold]31 Carlito (HUN)           12'50.683  1'15.984[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=silver]76 GTXDriver (HUN)         12'50.881  1'15.969[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=#bronze]41 fantomas40 (HUN)        12'51.272  1'16.024[/COLOR]
[*]20 Sparrow(Hun) (HUN)      12'58.170  1'16.621
[*]33 SammiTogueGirl (GBR)    12'59.161  1'16.724
[*]19 Sliderman(Hun) (HUN)    12'59.253  1'16.856
[*] 5 RACECAR (USA)           13'02.428  1'16.392
[*]55 nige (GBR)              13.03.046  1'16.920
[*]43 Optikal (USA)           13'03.266  1'17.005
[*]69 Tyre King (GBR)         13'06.412  1'16.949
[*]13 mnm_bmx (MAL)           13.07.059  1'17.170
[*]52 daddy-o (USA)           13'08.259  1'17.092
[*]99 Venari (GBR)            13.09.553  1'17.449
[*]23 Smokalot (CHI)          13'15.503  1'17.731
[*] 3 flat-beat-eric (RSA)    13'15.767  1'17.651
[*] 0 CAMikaze (USA)          13'20.615  1'18.455
[*]26 TS (USA)                13'23.768  1'18.603
[*] 6 AyJay (AUS)             13'44.932  1'18.921
[*]17 ranhammerR34 (USA)      13'54.226  1'20.529[/LIST]Fastest Lap of the Sprint Race goes to GTXDriver with a time of 1'15.969

Feature Race (14 Laps)
Code:
Place  Car #  Driver (Country)  Total Time  Fastest Lap
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=gold]41 fantomas40 (HUN)        17'57.224  1'16.038[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=silver]76 GTXDriver (HUN)         17'57.267  1'15.971[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=#b0000e]31 Carlito (HUN)           17'57.531  1'16.117[/COLOR]
[*]26 TS (USA)                18'01.033  1'18.688
[*]33 SammiTogueGirl (GBR)    18'04.275  1'16.407
[*]20 Sparrow(Hun) (HUN)      18'07.626  1'16.547
[*]19 Sliderman(Hun) (HUN)    18'09.636  1'16.638
[*] 5 RACECAR (USA)           18'12.001  1'16.728
[*]55 nige (GBR)              18'13.026  1'16.777
[*]69 Tyre King (GBR)         18'13.284  1'16.936
[*]43 Optikal (USA)           18'14.326  1'17.103
[*]13 mnm_bmx (MAL)           18'17.381  1'17.043
[*]99 Venari (GBR)            18'19.480  1'16.891
[*]23 Smokalot (CHI)          18'26.845  1'17.669
[*] 3 flat-beat-eric (RSA)    18'27.596  1'17.746
[*] 0 CAMikaze (USA)          18'30.433  1'17.837
[*]52 daddy-o (USA)           18'31.020  1'17.363
[*] 6 AyJay (AUS)             18'47.637  1'18.440
[*]17 ranhammerR34 (USA)      19'11.532  1'20.490[/LIST]Fastest Lap goes to GTXDriver with a time of 1'15.971

After the opening round, the points standings are as follows...

GTPlanet Clio Cup Drivers Championship
Code:
 1. #31 Carlito (HUN)          61 points*
 2. #76 GTXDriver (HUN)        61 points
 3. #41 fantomas40 (HUN)      - 2
 4. #20 Sparrow(Hun) (HUN)    -24
 =  #33 SammiTogueGirl (GBR)  -24
 6. #19 Sliderman(Hun) (HUN)  -30
 7. # 5 RACECAR (USA)         -34
 8. #26 TS (USA)              -38
 =  #55 nige (GBR)            -38
10. #43 Optikal (USA)         -42
 =  #69 Tyre King (GBR)       -42
12. #13 mnm_bmx (MAL)         -45
13. #99 Venari (GBR)          -48
14. #23 Smokalot (CHI)        -50
15. #52 daddy-o (USA)         -51
16. # 3 flat-beat-eric (RSA)  -52
17. # 0 CAMikaze (USA)        -54
18. # 6 AyJay (AUS)           -58
19. #17 ranhammerR34 (USA)    -60
The Hungarians dominate the top 4 spots in the Drivers championship with SammiTogueGirl and Sliderman in a tie for 5th. RACECAR and TS are the current best the USA has to offer and nige stays with them providing more hope for Great Britain. Meanwhile the last spot in the Top Ten is shared by GTPlanet Racing Series rookie Optikal and long time veteran of racing and wit, Tyre King.;)👍
NOTE: Even though Carlito and GTXDriver are tied in points, Carlito has more Race Wins.

GTPlanet Clio Team Cup

Code:
1. Bad Boys Racing      120 points
2. Szabolcsi Betyar's   -39
3. NightWatchers        -60
4. Racerworkz Team CCS  -73
5. Pink Sunshine        -97
Bad Boys Racing pretty much made good on who the team to beat is in the Clio Team Cup competition. But the season is just underway and there are plenty of races for the rest of the teams involved to try to catch up and make it more competitive.

GTPlanet Clio Independent Cup

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]#76 GTXDriver (HUN)        61 points
[*]#33 SammiTogueGirl (GBR)  -20
[*]#26 TS (USA)              -34
[*]#69 Tyre King (GBR)       -38
[*]#13 mnm_bmx (MAL)         -41
[*]#23 Smokalot (CHI)        -46
[*]#52 daddy-o (USA)         -47
[*]# 3 flat-beat-eric (RSA)  -48
[*]# 6 AyJay (AUS)           -54
[*]#17 ranhammerR34 (USA)    -56
[/LIST]
With his pair of second place finishes, GTXDriver stands atop the Independent Cup standings after Round 1. Sammi's pair of Top 5 finishes have her in second place 20 points behind. It remains to be seen what will happen the rest of the way in this competition as well.

GTPlanet Clio Nations Cup

Code:
1. Team HUN   36 points
2. Team GBR  -18
=  Team USA  -18
4. Team GTP  -30
5. Team AUS  -36
In the Nations Cup, Team Hungary got maximum points with three of their drivers taking first and second in each of the races. Team USA and Team Great Britain are tied for the runner-up spot, while Team Austrailia failed to score any points.

Now the series moves on to Japan and the Suzuka Circuit for Round 2. We hope you can join us then. :D:tup:

I know that we have all said this before, but I wish the AI cars were a little stronger. I set the difficulty on 10 and passed them all before the first tunnel. then I lapped by myself...

Hey! I made the first post. Do I get a cookie?

Camikaze .. any chance Delfino can join this series , even though ive missed all the testing , etc .. ?

Camikaze .. any chance Delfino can join this series , even though ive missed all the testing , etc .. ?
You sure can.:)👍

:dopey::dopey:Ooh, ooh, ooh! Can I join?? Can I? Can I? Pleeeaaaase?
sorry it's late, I only just saw this thread :dunce: And I LOVE the Clio!! :P

A stupid question here....
Is it Mid-Field Raceway forward or reverse? Just kinda confused there....Well maybe next time you should put a forward/reverse for the track which could run both ways....

A good rule of thumb would be to assume it to be forwards unless it is stated otherwise.👍

Neil

CAMikaze
You've finished the testing.
Nope.
CAMikaze
You've checked the car over.
Nuh-uh.
CAMikaze
You've even studied the track extensively to see where you can take the quickest line.
Yeah right.
CAMikaze
And now, you are about to put what you have learned in the Pre-Season to the test.
I guess...Lesson 1: Spend lots of time making a pretty car and little time driving it.

:dopey:

kyoani2cliosmallap4.png

From the Kyoto Animation pits

CCY and his KyoAni-backed (or at least labeled) car arrived in Midfield Raceway on Monday for the first race in the highly-anticipated and contested GTP Clio Cup.

There were two main surprises of the day. The first was the new, flashy, not-grass-colored livery that the team had designed and painted on the drive down to the track. There has to be something to do on the long highway stretches, and the Official Game Boy of Team KyoAni had died.

Promptly on the first morning of practice CCY set out and ran some reconnaissance laps and came back with high spirits and a pristine car, the second surprise. His report was that the track was "easy to drive quickly and cleanly," certainly a glowing review.

As such following the first practice session of 7 laps the team ran a simulated 10-lap sprint race with some of the other cars that were out at Midfield for a track day. Competitors included a RS200 Rally Car, an old Renault rallymobile, and a Altezza LM Car.

CCY reported that the traffic was "dissapointingly slow", taking only 2 laps to get around even the fastest cars for good, although he was greatly annoyed by how much he was held up. At least, he said, it was easier to concentrate with no cars in his field of vision.

The test ended well with fairly consistent lap times (he even broke his practice record in the process) and lessened worries about tire wear over the course of the race, as the tires remained relatively high-grip throughout.

With that the team unanimously voted to head back to the paddock and catch the next thrilling episode of a show they were following, and such ended the first test day for Team KyoAni.

---

CAMikaze, what say you of allowing some limited discussion of lap times? Like, maybe the fastest lap of a sprint race, or first/second sector of the quali time or whatever. I like to know what I'm up against at least, cause it feels like I'm going fast but somehow I think I'll be blown away on results day. :scared:

CAMikaze, what say you of allowing some limited discussion of lap times? Like, maybe the fastest lap of a sprint race, or first/second sector of the quali time or whatever. I like to know what I'm up against at least, cause it feels like I'm going fast but somehow I think I'll be blown away on results day. :scared:

To discuss the split times is allowed! I guess that includes the best laps from any of the three quali/races. Its just that noone wants to be the first on track, since its still pretty green. I am sure as the time progresses, or after we see a couple of cars on track, we will have a lot of traffic...

IMO this is a bit sad. How many days gone!!! Nobody posting any T times. Come on guys and girls lets have some fun with this. If not it's going to get really boring.
I'm going to as I don't really care - I'm having fun with it.
Have done some qualifying laps . Pleased with T1 but mucked up entrance to tunnel so T2 could be better.

T1 - 23'975

T2 - 46'825

Come on get posting those T times!!!! Does it really matter :indiff:

nige

I am so so so so pissed off :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
I bought a brand new Mountain Bike a couple of weeks ago - a nice Kona. Went down to my local Sainsburys a couple of hours ago to get a few provisions. Locked the bike with a massive chain and padlock. Come out and find some bastard has gone through the padlock with cutters and nicked the bike. I am absolutely gutted.
Security guard was absolutely useless! Phoned Police to report it - Don't hold your breath.
Was going to take it to Scotland in a few weeks
I need to move away from this pissing place
Sorry it's got nothing to do with Midfield but I need to let off steam!!!

A grumpy

nige

sorry to hear that nige. I totally understand how you feel. I have been through a similar situation. Worse, later that day, I took out my car and someone hit my parked car and ran away. Cost me a lot of money.... these people... grrrr... felt like killing someone that day.

Take it easy. 🤬 happens. I get it out on the squash court!!

sorry.. double post

Edit: Got a double post... so I thought I might as well post my times :P

T1: 24.332
T2: 47.142

so you see guys... you can be outside of 46' bracket in T2 and still post your times!!

Yep I know how you feel. And what makes it worse the bastards get away with it. If I see the person around with MY bike ( which I doubt ) GOD HELP THEM!!!!
I'm gutted cause I loved that bike

nige

Wow, impressive times, thought I was having some good runs. Fastest right now is a 47.00x in T2, felt really quick to me but I'm guessing there's some time to be shaved in the tunnel complex...

Had a good run at the feature race earlier today too only to realize I had strong tire wear on halfway through. :lol:

Sorry, no time to do any racing here either!

Will be participating next round, but just had too much on this week.

Neil

There's still plenty of time for you to take part in Round 1 Neil. Deadline isn't until Midnight next sunday GMT.

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen nige. It really bites when you lose someting that cost you some good money to buy. While we're on the subject of bicycles, have you seen anyone riding around on any recumbant bicycles or surreys where you live nige? Usually when I go to Ocean City, NJ, I see a few people riding up and down the boardwalk on these surreys.

As for my Qualifying Lap splits, I imagine I may have some work to do.:embarrassed:
T1 - 25.037
T2 - 48.602

I was able take first place in both the races against the AI. I had it set to +8 making the races worth 200 A-Spec points each!:D Whether or not this'll translate into a high placing in the standings against the rest of you guys however is another story. At least I got another week to improve on that.;)👍

There's still plenty of time for you to take part in Round 1 Neil. Deadline isn't until Midnight next sunday GMT.

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen nige. It really bites when you lose someting that cost you some good money to buy. While we're on the subject of bicycles, have you seen anyone riding around on any recumbant bicycles or surreys where you live nige? Usually when I go to Ocean City, NJ, I see a few people riding up and down the boardwalk on these surreys.

Thanks for your good wishes. I spent quite a lot of yesterday combing the area where I live but to no avail. I did take my frustration and anger out on the poor little Clio, more of which in a minute. It took me ages to save up for the bike, now some poor b****** is having the rewards of my labour :grumpy::grumpy:
Anyway T times :

T1 - 23'958
T2 - 46'562

nige

Thanks for your good wishes. I spent quite a lot of yesterday combing the area where I live but to no avail. I did take my frustration and anger out on the poor little Clio, more of which in a minute. It took me ages to save up for the bike, now some poor b****** is having the rewards of my labour :grumpy::grumpy:
Anyway T times :

T1 - 23'958
T2 - 46'562

nige

Well i know how you feel. I've got my bike stolen a few years ago as well (it was a goof bike. A GT Performer BMX bike with some expensive parts) all gone. So what did i do? Stop riding altogether and spend more time at home. 👍

Well i think i should post my splits by now, but its not the best out there thats for sure.

T1: 23.913
T2: 46.714
Total: 1'1X.XXX

CAMikaze!
You asked Fantomas40 and Carlito in the past about estabilishing a team.Today Carlito called me and told that they would like team up if possible.The connection was a little bit noisy but I've heard the team name...
It is "Bad Gays Racing".:dopey:
But I am not sure of it...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back