Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey D

Premium
United States
Lakes of the North, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
So I picked up my Cooper today and I absolutely love it. It's sporty, it's comfortable, and it looks pretty sweet in the colour combination I picked out for it. I've already put 75 miles on it tonight just driving around and I can't wait for tomorrow to drive it some more.

Sorry there aren't any mashed potato pictures yet but I will get them this weekend, tonights been a bit busy since we had a bit of a family emergency.

Here are some photos:

At the Dealer
PB140217.jpg

Four Miles!
PB140219.jpg

Some shots from Oakland's Parking lot, I have some photos of the Blazer here.
PB140220.jpg

PB140221.jpg

PB140222.jpg

PB140223.jpg

PB140224.jpg

Interior
PB140225.jpg

===

Links to Important Bits of the Thread

Links to Travel Photo Journals

Modifications
  • MINI Driving Lamps. Dealer installed.
  • MINI Front and Rear Mudflaps. Dealer installed.
  • M7 Strut Re-Inforcement Plates.
  • Yokohama AVID TRZ Tires. Tire Warehouse installed.
  • CravenSpeed MINI mount kit for Garmin nüvi.
  • Goodyear Eagle GT Tires. Discount Tire installed.
  • 16" MB Wheels Mesh X rims. Discount Tire installed.
  • JCW Black Mesh Grille.
  • Grille Badge Holder.
  • Black Jack Grille Badge.
  • Hella Yellow Star Driving Light Bulbs.
  • OutMotoring Black Tinted Side Marker Lens.
  • OutMotoring Black Side Reflector Tint.
  • Hankook Winter iPike W409. Discount Tire installed.
  • Hoën dLED_3 City Light Bulbs.
  • Halo Solaris Yellow H8 Fog Light Bulbs.
  • JCW Black Mesh Side Scuttles.
  • Dunlop Direzza DZ101. Discount tire installed.
  • Jayden Car Amber LED City Lights

Last edited:
I don't see a clutch pedal...

Why don't I see a clutch pedal? Something is missing, I thinks.

Otherwise, nice.

It's got no clutch pedal, 6 speed auto. I don't care for manuals.

Yes the Blazer is no more, it was traded in when I picked up the Cooper. As much as I hated it I still have a certain love for it and will miss it.

for some reason in that picture makes the pedals look like they belong on some piece of industrial equipment.

Congrats man 👍

Schweet!!!👍

A little small for me to wear, but very nice.

And BTW, he bought it with the 6-speed manu-matic on purpose.

I'm currently shopping sporty sedans/coupes with good automatic/sportmatic/manumatic transmissions.

My commute is such that on days I fail to make it out of the office before rush hour, I don't have to fool with a clutch in stop and go traffic.

Joey said much the same thing in the thread about picking out the Cooper.

Durnit!! Treed!

Oh my Sage, I just noticed the MASSIVE guage in the center.

Well, at least I know how high the rpms go from looking at the pics.

While out driving I found this sport button which holds the RPM's higher for faster...uhh whatever higher RPM's make faster. I was able to gun it and get the engine up to about 7,000.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'll have more pictures up in the next couple of days when I have more time to get them. The best feature on the car is the HID's, I don't know how I lived without them for so long.

I love my giant gauge cluster, I have no excuse for not knowing how fast I am going.

A little bit, the hardest thing in the car is the indicators, if you tap the lever it just blinks three time but if hit it hard it blinks like you are going to make a turn. Also I haven't figured out the windscreen wipers yet.

A little bit, the hardest thing in the car is the turn signals, if you tap the lever it just blinks three time but if hit it hard it blinks like you are going to make a turn. Also I haven't figured out the windshield wipers yet.

YOU ARE NOT BRITISH.:dopey:

I've always called them that though, it was how I was raised and it's how my whole side of my dad's family talks.

I've always called them that though, it was how I was raised and it's how my whole side of my dad's family talks.

Uh, its the same way with most folks in Michigan I think... Couldn't be the semi-common Anglo-Saxon roots, could it?

===

Still, now you are neither Blazin' nor Xtreme, so that must feel good. Now I need to find myself a GTI...

A little bit, the hardest thing in the car is the indicators, if you tap the lever it just blinks three time but if hit it hard it blinks like you are going to make a turn. Also I haven't figured out the windscreen wipers yet.

For the windshield wipers, tap the right lever up for quicker and tap it down for slower, except when you first start it...I think. I just keep tapping it down until it stops, usually works. It's been six months and I still haven't figured out the thing. Lucky there's not much rain in Socal, or I would've been sunk.

Cool thanks, the owners manual isn't really clear on.

And yes it does sort of feel good to have the Blazer gone even though I am a bit sad, that truck took it like a champ for the 5 years I had it.

Nice car. Not a fan of the wheels or the color choice, but nice car anyway. If I got a Mini, It'd be blue with the minilite lookalike wheels and a Union Jack on the roof.

Those wheels suck. Time to put some DUBS on her.

Kidding. About the dubs. But, get her some new wheels.

Nice car! Congrats. 👍

Nice car, I'm definately liking MINI more and more. There's an S model here locally that's BRG w/white stripes and Union Jack side mirror covers. Looks sexy. *edit* Oh and black Cooper S wheels.

Yeah...what exactly is the American way supposed to be?

Good question, not even I know. Thats the way I've always said it. Then again, I do have a bit of Anglo-envy anyway...

nice ride
why not an S model?
i too am hoping that you chose base model wheels because you had plans to upgrade
It would have been manual then. It's just an upgrade from his blazer and nothing more I think.

Although a set of wheels and tires for summer fun is always necessary.

Still, now you are neither Blazin' nor Xtreme, so that must feel good. Now I need to find myself a GTI...

I already got dibs. I just need to bring mine out here, which I can do if I stay for a May term....

And I have that "sport" mode on my car too. It generally holds the gears between like 2500 at the lowest to 4500 rpms at the highest, but of course, punching the gas takes you right up to redline. It's pretty fun. The gas gets a little twichy and it makes a ton of noise. A must for freeways so you can jump into a lane and speed up before you get over.

Anyway, nice purchase! I agree that you might want new wheels on there but other than that, I can't complain. Hope you have fun. It looks like a quick little guy.

The S models do come with 6 speed auto's now, but I couldn't afford the insurance on onw of them. The car did end up going in my name, which is no big deal, but that made the insurance about $1400 a year. If I would have gotten the S the insurance people quoted me at $2200...yikes!

Yes I dislike the wheels, but these are better then the others I could have got. I do have plans for new summer wheels and tires and keeping these rims around for winter tires. I don't want to go huge 15's or 16's will pretty much do it and ideally I would like some that are somewhat light weight. I don't know what type of tires I want on it yet, I need to do some shopping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back