Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,628 comments
Time to PARTY!!!! Well not right now anyways but I am having people over for the holiday weekend next Saturday. Costco had a great deal on brewskis so I picked some up. I know it's not the greatest stuff but at $15.99 for 24 bottles is alright by me. The Crown Royal wasn't that bad either, I got that for my dad though. I love being 21 now and being able to buy alcohol, I still need to go get some Strongbow for myself.

Oh and yes I do have a full bar in my basement, my dad and I built it a few years back. We call it "Frank's Place" in honour of Frank Sinatra.

P5182200.jpg

I got this as well, I need to learn how to be a real archaeologist :lol:. I just wish they had em in Blu-Ray but whatever, still three of my favourite movies of all time.

P5182201.jpg

/i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/eismann1270/P5182200.jpg[/IMG]

I got this as well, I need to learn how to be a real archaeologist :lol:. I just wish they had em in Blu-Ray but whatever, still three of my favourite movies of all time.

P5182201.jpg
Nice. 👍

I would have gotten that, but the one I have was only $2 extra, and included a little Bonus Material DVD. :)

got a couple wastegate gaskets and a turbo outlet gasket *yawn*, buuuuttt...

STACK
STACK
STACK

!!!

just generic pictures from their site until they come in, but I picked up some new gauges today. I have some old Autometer's in the Type R at the moment but I wanted something new and something that wasn't common and I saw STACK just came out with standard gauges now instead of just those (amazing) clusters. Got a wideband A/F, boost, and oil pressure. I can't wait to put these in!! However, I CAN wait to see my bill for them :(

;)

ST3401.jpg

ST3302.jpg

st3312.jpg

DSCN0910.jpg

Yeah... I know, it's not the midnight screening, but I'll leave that to those that don't have an important meeting in the morning. :)

Sake-tini, anybody?

2 ponies of vodka
2 ponies of Sake
1 ginger stuffed olive
wasabi powder

Moisten rim of martini glass and dip in wasabi powder. In a shaker mix with ice the Sake and vodka. Pour in glass, add ginger stuffed olive.

DSCN0910.jpg

Yeah... I know, it's not the midnight screening, but I'll leave that to those that don't have an important meeting in the morning. :)

Given the date, place, and time, I might be able to offer protection from all the disgruntled techy wanna-bee's that you have schooled over the years.. Let me know if my services are required. ;)

Given the date, place, and time, I might be able to offer protection from all the disgruntled techy wanna-bee's that you have schooled over the years.. Let me know if my services are required. ;)
I guess I better bring my bull whip then. :D

I used my birthday as an excuse to purchase this fine gem!

6515.1.0.jpg
Good move! Hope to see you online before 2009, buddy! 👍

Famine's latest purchase...

choccyhead1.jpg
+
I feel quite inadequate....

= :lol: Priceless!

lindt85pctdark.jpg

Best chocolate ever....
Good choice, one of my favourites too. :sly:

Roo
I'll see your two and raise you my collection:
panteraalbumsrr4.jpg

:D

Also, my most recent purchases.

0122vf0.jpg

^ The big one is a book. No, seriously. It's a book.

And these: (crappy pic, though)
003ky5.jpg

Awesome combo, I can now make coffee just the way I like it. Plus, cappuccinos are now really easy and come out perfect. :D :D :D :D

My latest purchases outside the realm of food and gas...

I purchased these wheels as warranty returns from a marque I won't mention. If I paid any less for them, they'd be stolen.
I plan to sandblast and powdercoat them before shodding them in Azenis RT615's, which I hope to get ordered up this week. They'll be for use on the track, primarily.
wheel2ll3.jpg

wheel1hn5.jpg

No curb damage on any of them, but you can clearly see where the clearcoat is flaking off. They're 16x6.5 - Only a half inch wider than the stockers, but I'll shoehorn on a set of 225/50's instead of the stock 205/55's. I'm excited to see the difference a set of tires makes.
wheel3nz5.jpg

And an MP3 player. Two gig. For use at work. I've bastardised a set of headphones and some ear defenders for an ultra cheap 'noise cancelling' headphone to accompany it.
mp3ge3.jpg

img0408sd7.jpg

:D

Sake-tini, anybody?

2 ponies of vodka
2 ponies of Sake
1 ginger stuffed olive
wasabi powder

Moisten rim of martini glass and dip in wasabi powder. In a shaker mix with ice the Sake and vodka. Pour in glass, add ginger stuffed olive.

Someone's been watching Good Eats. :)

I see car things. This is good. Soon I will be adding more car stuff to this thread.

I'll see your flywheel and raise you the shifter you showed me a year ago...

bg_shifter8.jpg

bg_shifter5.jpg

bg_shifter6.jpg

Finally I decided to buy it. The silver one in the pictures is the first generation version. The black one is the new design. Black oxided stainless steel, with a Delrin bushing in the bottom. That's tough, long-lasting plastic.

Here it is compared to the stock shifter:

bg_shift_compare.jpg

It keeps nearly the same throw ratio as stock, but moves the knob much higher and a little bit closer to the driver. Also, you can swivel it to make it closer or further from the steering wheel, depending on the size of your wheel.

Also, seeing that Del Sol's interior brings a tear to my eye.

OK. I went on a little electronic spending spree...

DSCN0972.jpg

And yeah... I know, "Mr. Plasma Hater" bought a plasma?!?!? :eek:

I have a very good reason, and will explain later in the Electronics & Home Theater area. :)

Well, it aint no Harmon Kardon system, but still :P

721725.jpg

Panasonic [some obscure model number]. HDMI 1080p upscaling, etc.

I don't think it's that fantastic. The Samsung system in my room has an arguably fuller sound through the aux input whereas this one sounds sort of... I dunno. That said, I haven't tried it with a proper DVD yet. Meh.

Oh, and it was £150 from Comet (although I "reserved" one at Currys which they evidently don't understand the meaning of).

OK. I went on a little electronic spending spree...

DSCN0972.jpg

And yeah... I know, "Mr. Plasma Hater" bought a plasma?!?!? :eek:

I have a very good reason, and will explain later in the Electronics & Home Theater area. :)

:lol: Glad to see I'm not the only one with the sickness.....

:)

👍

Never mind about that shifter. It's on a "long term backorder" from Fastline's partner distributor. I'll try ordering directly from Fastline...

Back