GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Found these two 1/18 UT models in storage, the paint on the rims of the Porsche is coming off. Like the BMW alot but the fact that there is no brake calipers really killed it for me. Then I'm thinking to myself that those BBS style rims from the Bimmer would look great with the Porsche, so I went to work. Here is the end result.

fca7c019.jpg

Nice job, that looks awesome!.👍

Found these two 1/18 UT models in storage, the paint on the rims of the Porsche is coming off. Like the BMW alot but the fact that there is no brake calipers really killed it for me. Then I'm thinking to myself that those BBS style rims from the Bimmer would look great with the Porsche, so I went to work.

I would have swapped the brakes from the Porsche to the BMW. The bimmer looks so hardcore, those wheels cannot go anywhere else. The Porsche is just a normal Porsche.

Nice job, that looks awesome!.👍

Thanks !!!

Cano
I would have swapped the brakes from the Porsche to the BMW. The bimmer looks so hardcore, those wheels cannot go anywhere else. The Porsche is just a normal Porsche.

Yeah I guess but I just have this thing for Porsche....

DRIFT4EVA
Send me the rest of that bmw Pointless you having it without wheels hahaha

I guess I'll hold on to the BMW in case one day I might decide to swap the wheels and the brakes from the Porsche back like Cano suggested

dscn7791.jpg

My first 1:43rd. I had loads of 1:18/1:24 as a kid but they all got driven down the stairs or down the slides in the park since I was too young to appreciate them. Going to start a 1:43 collection I think.

I just brought home my first model - a 1:18 Maisto Mercedes CLK GTR Street Version.

mercf.jpg

merc1k.jpg

merc2h.jpg

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that they go for almost $30 at Amazon and I bought it for less than $12 at Sam's. :)

New one...
2003 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Super GT, #22 Motul Pitwork Suzuka race
R34_SGTs-00.jpg

Lol, so YOU'RE the guy trying to outbid me on GMB all the time! :mad:

Kidding. I thought about the C6R, but I'd rather wait for the one in full livery. I was very impressed with the GTR, it's very stout for being a sealed car, lot's of detail. Same with the CTS though, just the GTR feels much more solid.

Fantastic looking Merc TB! 👍

I'll join TB with a first model purchase. I got an Audi R8 Le Mans model back in 2000 but my little brother dropped it and it shattered into a million pieces about 4-5 years ago.

Been to the Autoworld Museum in Belgium while on a trip to visit the family after 3 years. Bumped into this 911 GT2 and I'm an absolute sucker for GT Porsches. Now that I've gathered some info on UT Models I wish I would've purchased the 911 GT1 '96 at the same time. Oh well, time for pics:

img0003zn.jpg

img0004ay.jpg

img0005th.jpg

img0006lr.jpg

My apologies for the image quality as these were taken with my iPhone with a bright light burning just above it.

Anyway, there's only one problem with this model, which is front wheel alignment. The alignment isn't perfect, probably because of the plastic strip which holds the wheel bent the plastic suspension parts. Oh well, it's staying in the grey box you see in the images on my shelve so you don't notice it but I'm wondering whether this could harm its potential future value in any way...

Here's my 1/18 collection. Sorry for the poor photo quality.

14261226.jpg

66681460.jpg

"Die Another Day" cars
28549326.jpg

and my favourite model. Citroen SM by Norev.
23507665.jpg

LSX
Lol, so YOU'RE the guy trying to outbid me on GMB all the time! :mad:

Kidding. I thought about the C6R, but I'd rather wait for the one in full livery. I was very impressed with the GTR, it's very stout for being a sealed car, lot's of detail. Same with the CTS though, just the GTR feels much more solid.
LOL, bidding is like combat :P
But yeah, the GT-R is a solid model. Like my other sealed AA's, it is rather detailed given the lack of opening parts. The CTS-V heavier than my GT-R and C6.R though. C6.R is kinda light, probably due to the plastic fenders. My Viper CC and Citroen Xsara WRC are both heavier also. What is funny is my lone sealed resin model, a Spark Pug 905 1992 LeMans winner is just as heavy as my CTS-V and GT-R lol. My other sealed Spark, an Audi R8 LMP is also pretty heavy, even though it is diecast like the AA's.
Anyway I am probably done with GMB for a while, the next few models I want are all new releases from Kyosho. I did order a Kyosho Audi R8 4.2 FSI in all black though. Will have it next week.

Aoshima's 1/24 '07 350Z I built over the summer. I think it looks okay, but I built it before I figured out how to lay down good body paint.

On the workbench: a 1/24 Audi R8 (with a much nicer metallic blue paint) and a 1/24 300ZX TT.

Last edited:
TB
I just brought home my first model - a 1:18 Maisto Mercedes CLK GTR Street Version.

I've got the race version of that very model, its a really nice piece and the rear engine and suspension detail is quite decent for Maisto back in that era (late 90's early 00's). Lots of my models are Maisto and although they don't produce as many new cars each year anymore the quality and detail has shot up.

De-JaY
"Die Another Day" cars

I've forgotten who makes those, I remember always wanting the Jag but I've never found it for sale new anywhere. That Citroen SM looks great 👍

Robin.

Fantastic looking Merc TB! 👍

I'll join TB with a first model purchase. I got an Audi R8 Le Mans model back in 2000 but my little brother dropped it and it shattered into a million pieces about 4-5 years ago.

Been to the Autoworld Museum in Belgium while on a trip to visit the family after 3 years. Bumped into this 911 GT2 and I'm an absolute sucker for GT Porsches. Now that I've gathered some info on UT Models I wish I would've purchased the 911 GT1 '96 at the same time. Oh well, time for pics:

img0003zn.jpg

img0004ay.jpg

img0005th.jpg

img0006lr.jpg

My apologies for the image quality as these were taken with my iPhone with a bright light burning just above it.

Anyway, there's only one problem with this model, which is front wheel alignment. The alignment isn't perfect, probably because of the plastic strip which holds the wheel bent the plastic suspension parts. Oh well, it's staying in the grey box you see in the images on my shelve so you don't notice it but I'm wondering whether this could harm its potential future value in any way...

Is that a 1:18? If it is I´ve never seen it before. If it is i´d like some additional info on it. Model year etc.
The 911 GT1 ´96, is it this one?

Click on pic to enlarge.

Yep, that's the GT1 I was considering, but it had a different livery. (red, green and yellow livery)

The 911 GT2 is indeed a 1:18 model, although I have no idea about its background, though.

Yep, that's the GT1 I was considering, but it had a different livery. (red, green and yellow livery)

The 911 GT2 is indeed a 1:18 model, although I have no idea about its background, though.

That GT2 was ran by Champion Racing back in the day. I'd imagine everyone is familiar with Champion's various ALMS championships and a win at LeMans back in the R8 days :P

Do´h! I did some background checks on the car, and it raced in ALMS GTS-1 in ´96 and ´97. Wich means I have to collect the 1:18 model, since I exclusively collect that class of racecars. I expect that Porsche to be pretty expensive though, and there is a Prodrive Ferrari 550 made by BBR I haven´t even considered buying yet, since it´s in the region of $600-800. If that Porsche is that much... well...

Do´h! I did some background checks on the car, and it raced in ALMS GTS-1 in ´96 and ´97. Wich means I have to collect the 1:18 model, since I exclusively collect that class of racecars. I expect that Porsche to be pretty expensive though, and there is a Prodrive Ferrari 550 made by BBR I haven´t even considered buying yet, since it´s in the region of $600-800. If that Porsche is that much... well...

Apologies, I thought you were talking about the background of the model itself.

I purchased it in a museum in Brussels, it costed me 60 euros which is pretty nice. I don't think the GT2 racers go for that much, I've heard it's the roadgoing 911 GT2 of UT Models that is super rare.

that is awesome. Norev is such a cool manufacturer, and pretty unknown outside of Europe.

I love Norev. They're usually one of the first manufacturers I look at when I'm looking for a new car. They make the coolest and most random cars sometimes.

that is awesome. Norev is such a cool manufacturer, and pretty unknown outside of Europe.
They're not even really known outside of France. Still, their models are nice. I want the Alpine A310. But I'm totally outta money atm. :(

Apologies, I thought you were talking about the background of the model itself.

I purchased it in a museum in Brussels, it costed me 60 euros which is pretty nice. I don't think the GT2 racers go for that much, I've heard it's the roadgoing 911 GT2 of UT Models that is super rare.

Do you know if it´s available online somewhere? Does the museum have a homepage f ex? €60 is totally affordable, and I need that model !:P

Autoart Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Sports Wagon 1/18
Why? Because I have the big one too. Well, the 1.6 version that is, anyway :)

subimpsportswagon.jpg

Autoart Honda S2000 RHD 1/18 on.... the Autumnring of course.

s2000.jpg

Minichamps Williams FW14 1/18. THE BEST looking and performing F1 car ever.

fw14.jpg

Do you know if it´s available online somewhere? Does the museum have a homepage f ex? €60 is totally affordable, and I need that model !:P

As far as I know you are only able to buy books from their website. It's quite a vintage store so don't expect too much from the website, but here you go: http://www.autoworld.be/en/10_shop.asp

I think I was buying one of their last UT Models products, though. I remember not seeing more than 4 of them, one being a road going 911 Carrera S I believe and 2 911 GT1s.

GT%205%20726%202.jpg

Arrived yesterday.

Can get more pics if anybody wants them to see what to expect, overall good quality but the rear wheels don't spin very well. Not that you should really be pushing a die cast collectors car around.

Detail is nice, quality is nice, really solid and has a good weight.

Got some more pics of the R8...

I also bought a 1/18 Kyosho Lancia 037 Presentation (all red) today. Probably will get a couple more models this year, though not 100% sure on what.

Last edited:
Got some more pics of the R8...
I also bought a 1/18 Kyosho Lancia 037 Presentation (all red) today. Probably will get a couple more models this year, though not 100% sure on what.

Cool to see that they are making these old models in high quality today.

Wee, R8 came :D
100_3597s.jpg

Nice R8. I'm working on Revell's 1/24 scale version, and I painted the body metallic blue. I'm still waiting for the paint to cure and it's been on the back burner since the new Fallout came out. :sly:

GT%205%20726%202.jpg

Arrived yesterday.

Can get more pics if anybody wants them to see what to expect, overall good quality but the rear wheels don't spin very well. Not that you should really be pushing a die cast collectors car around.

Detail is nice, quality is nice, really solid and has a good weight.

Does your GT-R have a clear plastic cover? I never saw one in the promo pics, so I'm worried about dust and it falling off the shelf whenever I get mine.

Latest Posts

Back