3. chorda
4. Schumi74

UK
1. Bigadz83 (Q: 1.54.042)
2. Scanny_Flick (Q: 1.56.113)
3. Paginas
4. HortusIX

Pace Car

Good rules, I like the revised start procedures. Shall there be a maximum Ballast a team will carry, say 150kg?

I hope you guys are okay with me being UK Captain, if not then I dont mind someone else and I will shut up?!

Roll up, roll up

All teams need to be allocated by Wednesday 1800GMT. - Okay Eppe?

This gives teams the chance to host individual qualifying in the event that more than 5 people wish to race for their country. For UK qualifying this is held on Wednesday nights if needed (I realise I have said this before! :crazy:)

*Please copy and paste if you intend to race for round 1 - Suzuka/Thursday 24th 20.00GMT*

Finland
1.Eppe - Captain

Sweden
1. FittCP
2. Midmark
3. chorda
4. Schumi74

UK
1. Bigadz83 - Captain (Q: 1.54.042)
3. Paginas
4. HortusIX

Pace Car:)

Lambolover -> "Good rules, I like the revised start procedures. Shall there be a maximum Ballast a team will carry, say 150kg?"

I´m thinking that only 3 top drivers after every race gets
the ballast. For ex. if results in suzuka would look like this:

1.zkippe
2.schumi
3.Paginas

Then in Laguna (2nd race) zkippe would carry +50kg, schumi +30 and Pag +10 kg.
Then after Laguna, again the top three of the table.
It could be new Guys for every race who gets the ballast.

I havent myself yet tested how much ballast affects on times though, so there can be changes before thursday.

EDIT: Or should it be the Team who is leading the table carry the ballast, lets say 100kg/5 drivers = 20kg/driver???

Lambolover -> "Good rules, I like the revised start procedures. Shall there be a maximum Ballast a team will carry, say 150kg?"

I´m thinking that only 3 top drivers after every race gets
the ballast. For ex. if results in suzuka would look like this:

1.zkippe
2.schumi
3.Paginas

Then in Laguna (2nd race) zkippe would carry +50kg, schumi +30 and Pag +10 kg.
Then after Laguna, again the top three of the table.
It could be new Guys for every race who gets the ballast.

I havent myself yet tested how much ballast affects on times though, so there can be changes before thursday.

EDIT: Or should it be the Team who is leading the table carry the ballast, lets say 100kg/5 drivers = 20kg/driver???

I would say just the top 3 driver, not the whole team should carry the ballast, I dont know if other agree?

I would say just the top 3 driver, not the whole team should carry the ballast, I dont know if other agree?

Was just thinking...If some Teams use rotation with the
drivers, then the top 3 ballast system is not working, maybe it
would be better that the whole Team is carrying the 20kg
each, or maybe we forget it, cause there is always the
possibility to cheat (not take the ballast). Damn PD, you
give us a nice update thats not working :grumpy:

The idea of the Ballast system is out! At least for so long that we can police it!
So long that there is an opportunity to cheat, people will do it. Many times even for less than a win in a GT5 Race.:dopey:

Because of this new system, (where You can downgrade Your
cars hp), I will change the rules. You are now allowed to buy
any upgrade to Your engine,(also Turbos), so long it stays under 522hp, when the Q/Race starts.(doesn´t have to be broken-in).💡
Rigidity Improvement is also allowed,(has been all the time).

In short. Everything that cannot be policed, is allowed.
That should make it as even as possible.

I´ll change the rules&regulations in post #1 after a few hours sleep.:dopey:

I have to forfeit this thursday :'-(. I got free tickets for my favourite hockey team for the whole family. It's Suzuka anyway so my result would'nt help Team Sweden.

*Please copy and paste if you intend to race for round 1 - Suzuka/Thursday 24th 20.00GMT*

Finland
1.Eppe - Captain

Sweden
1. Midmark
2. chorda
3. Schumi74

UK
3. Paginas
4. HortusIX

Pace Car

Please copy and paste if you intend to race for round 1 - Suzuka/Thursday 24th 20.00GMT*

Finland
1.Eppe - Captain

Sweden
1. Midmark
2. chorda
3. Schumi74
4. johnkiller2

UK
3. Paginas
4. HortusIX

Pace Car

We need one more Swede !!!!!

So whats the new rules then?

im a little bit lost lol

You can buy every upgrade (turbos & engine stage3)to Your car so long that it stays under 522hp. Rigidity improvement is also allowed.

Then in post#1 there is more info about the q and raceprocedure.

Please copy and paste if you intend to race for round 1 - Suzuka/Thursday 24th 20.00GMT*

Finland
1.Eppe - Captain

Sweden
1. Midmark
2. chorda
3. Schumi74
4. johnkiller2
5. Ghoztmazta / Andy63

UK
3. Paginas
4. HortusIX

Pace Car

Finland
1.Eppe - Captain
2.m-peltonen

Sweden
1. Midmark
2. chorda
3. Schumi74
4. johnkiller2
5. Ghoztmazta / Andy63

UK
3. Paginas
4. HortusIX

Pace Car

Nice Team Sweden! Really a strong Team for Race #1.

I´m still thinking of adding a rule for reckless driving.

--Causing 2 or more accidents in the same Race-->Out of the next Race.
--Causing accidents in 2 races in row--> Out of the next Race.

Think that this kind of rules makes people using more the brake pedal :), and surely would resultate in less unwanted happenings.

As this is a team battle, I sugest the penaltys effects the team and not the driver.. If I'm out of the next race, it does not matter to me if I can't race...right?

As this is a team battle, I sugest the penaltys effects the team and not the driver.. If I'm out of the next race, it does not matter to me if I can't race...right?

Yeah...You´re right. Maybe then like this:

--Causing 2 or more accidents in the same Race-->5 points will be reduced from the Team.
--Causing accidents in 2 races in row-->5 points will be reduced from the Team.

The Individual time penalty is there also (+15 sec for causing a collision, +5 for blocking,). So these would just be an extra Team penalty.

Time to think yet a few days :)

If you suppose that a team makes around 40 points/race.. I think 5 points is to gentle as a penalty. How about 10 points? It will put drivers under the pressure from teammates not to cause accidents.

OFFICIAL RESULTS : PRE-RACE 2

Code:
  GT5    ***Nordic GT500 Championship***   Pre-Race 2 at Suzuka 18+1 laps  10.2.2011

Driver      Nat     Q-Time   Q-Pos    Race Time    Gap        Fastest Lap   Points  Q/R

1.m-peltonen  FIN     1´53.356    4.    38´31.268               1´53.555        25     +3 
 2.Zkippe      FIN     1´52.998    2.    38´31.360   +0.092      1´52.888        20      0
 3.johnkiller2 SWE     1´53.743    5.    39´04.015   +32.747     1´54.912        16     +2
 4.Paginas     UK      1´55.048   11.    39´04.389   +33.127     1´54.821        13     +7
 5.Simo911     FIN     1´52.807    1.    39´15.423   +44.155     1´55.657        11     -4
 6.eppe00      FIN     1´54.110    6.    39´20.438   +49.170     1´55.718        10      0
 7.Moleman     UK      1´54.652    9.    39´28.709   +57.441     1´54.982         9     +2 
 8.teijo67     FIN     1´54.587    7.    39.44.944   +1´13.676   1´56.079         8     -1
 9.chorda      SWE     1´54.619    8.    39´45.035   +1´13.767   1´54.367         7     -1
10.Bigadz83    UK      1´54.667   10.    40´12.188   +1´40.920   1´56.110         6      0
11.FittCP      SWE     1´55.754   13.    40´41.116   +2´09.848   1´57.617         5     +2
12.Ayrton_S    UK      1´55.324   12.    40´53.738   +2´22.470   1´57.655         4      0
13.Scanny_F    UK      1´58.729   14.    Running                 1´58.449         3     +1
14.Schumi74    SWE     1´53.328    3.    Running                 1´55.596         2    -11 
15.GTP_BAZZ    SWE     ********    *     "Pace-Car"              3´31.705         1      *

TEAM RESULTS

If we would use this prerace table when we think about the Team Penalties for reckless driving, and assume that
Johnkiller would have caused 2 collisions.

Because of the new points table (found in post #1) the Teams total points would have been like this:(before any
Penalties to Johnkiller2)

1:FIN 65
2:UK 29
3:SWE 24

Then after Johnkillers 2 collisions he gets first +30 sec penalty, and falls down to 8th position.Losing already 6points.
Sweden would have 18 points after that.

With my team penalty idea (-5points) Swe would end up
with 13 points.
With Denilsons idea (-10p) to 8p :)
And With Xanors (-15p) to 3p. :scared:

In worst case Fin would beat Swe 65-3 after that Race...:crazy:

What if 2 members of team sweden would have caused 2 collisions each. Sweden would have minus points after that race.....

Think that 5 point teampenalty is good enough IF We are going to use it, because he
already did loose 6 points to the team also with the time
penalty.

Maybe the Timepenalty is hard enough, both to the team and
to the driver himself, as we saw in this example, where Swe
lost 25% of their total points, even witout any "Teampenalty".

IF U ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THE RULES, PLEASE READ POST #1, a different team-penalty is not listed there, we are just
speculating here.....

Last edited:
If we would use this prerace table when we think about the Team Penalties for reckless driving, and assume that
Johnkiller would have caused 2 collisions.

Because of the new points table (found in post #1) the Teams total points would have been like this:(before any
Penalties to Johnkiller2)

1:FIN 65
2:UK 29
3:SWE 24

Then after Johnkillers 2 collisions he gets first +30 sec penalty, and falls down to 8th position.Losing already 6points.
Sweden would have 18 points after that.

With my team penalty idea (-5points) Swe would end up
with 13 points.
With Denilsons idea (-10p) to 8p :)
And With Xanors (-15p) to 3p. :scared:

In worst case Fin would beat Swe 65-3 after that Race...:crazy:

What if 2 members of team sweden would have caused 2 collisions each. Sweden would have minus points after that race.....

Think that 5 point teampenalty is good enough IF We are going to use it, because he
already did loose 6 points to the team also with the time
penalty.

Maybe the Timepenalty is hard enough, both to the team and
to the driver himself, as we saw in this example, where Swe
lost 25% of their total points, even witout any "Teampenalty".

IF U ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THE RULES, PLEASE READ POST #1, a different team-penalty is not listed there, we are just
speculating here.....

Now you are talking about a penalty for the driver AND the team.. Just leave the standings.. Just remove 10-15 points from the team from the final result.. Not removing seconds for the driver as I said earier.

So in my case.. Swe would have end up with 14 points. Get me? Plus, don't worry about any svedes causing accidents.. Talk to you fellow finns and britts about it :D

We are now down to 3 people in team UK. Paginas if you know of anyone in WSGT who might want to get involved then can you show them this thread.

I will start another thread titled 'UK GT500 Drivers Wanted' to get some more interest.

Finland
1.Eppe - Captain

Sweden
1. Midmark
2. chorda
3. Schumi74
4. johnkiller2
5. Ghoztmazta / Andy63

UK
3. Paginas
4. HortusIX

Pace Car

Think We´ll try to keep it as easy as possible, so I suggest that We forget about any point penalties.

The personal time penalties is better when it affects on both
the Driver and the Team as in our example case.(we are goin
to keep driver tables also).

So just relax, nothing has changed to the rules about penalties in post #1.

Biggest problem with me is that I always post ideas in threads before
thinking it through. Think its confuses people a lot.:guilty:

BTW: Team Finland has qualis tonight. How about Team UK ? U need 1 more driver I see....

EDIT: 2 more drivers I see...

The race was some time ago, so pls refresh my memory.

I cannot remember me being in two penalty situations and not even a discussion about it. Sure you're not mixing things up.

The only contact situation I remember was with Simo911. Turning into the first corner I was ahead, he hit my rear and when off track. I viewed it as a racing incident, and stated it in a post after the race. I think it was a generous positioning of the incident from me and I never saw a different opinion.

If we're going to give out penalties in retrospect, I herby file a racing incident for the contact between Simo911 and myself. Who will be the reviewing stewards I should file it to toghether with my position of the incident.

The race was some time ago, so pls refresh my memory.

I cannot remember me being in two penalty situations and not even a discussion about it. Sure you're not mixing things up.

The only contact situation I remember was with Simo911. Turning into the first corner I was ahead, he hit my rear and when off track. I viewed it as a racing incident, and stated it in a post after the race. I think it was a generous positioning of the incident from me and I never saw a different opinion.

If we're going to give out penalties in retrospect, I herby file a racing incident for the contact between Simo911 and myself. Who will be the reviewing stewards I should file it to toghether with my position of the incident.

No no, it is just a example case, NOT FROM ANY RACE. :)
I just picked You because You were the best Swede.
Sorry for confusing, it was just me & Denilson who had
ideas about a "TEAM PENALTY", but its already buried....

I have an interesting idea I like to float on this thread, not for tomorrows race but for the future.

First, I like Eppe's (Max) approach to car rules. If you can't set a limit in the lounge, allow it.

The introduced PP system doesn't work when racing different cars, but if racing same cars it opens a lot of interesting possibilites. To my understanding, the Xanavi, Yellowhat, and Calsonic are identical cars, just different colors.

Instead of as today run by just an HP limit we could be racing under a PP limit. Today is a no brainer what aero, power, tyres to use. But if racing under a PP limit, the car can be configured in many different ways, all having the same possibility.

It opens up interesting ideas for team racing. Lets say you have one car configured for good topspeed which can tactically be used in a team competition. Today, nobody share their secret source tuning within the teams. This might open up the possibility of more team play hence making the team spirit stronger.

This would also make the series unique and maybe increase the appeal of it.

I see a lot of interesting possibilities but actually no single downside.

Opinions

I have an interesting idea I like to float on this thread, not for tomorrows race but for the future.

First, I like Eppe's (Max) approach to car rules. If you can't set a limit in the lounge, allow it.

The introduced PP system doesn't work when racing different cars, but if racing same cars it opens a lot of interesting possibilites. To my understanding, the Xanavi, Yellowhat, and Calsonic are identical cars, just different colors.

Instead of as today run by just an HP limit we could be racing under a PP limit. Today is a no brainer what aero, power, tyres to use. But if racing under a PP limit, the car can be configured in many different ways, all having the same possibility.

It opens up interesting ideas for team racing. Lets say you have one car configured for good topspeed which can tactically be used in a team competition. Today, nobody share their secret source tuning within the teams. This might open up the possibility of more team play hence making the team spirit stronger.

This would also make the series unique and maybe increase the appeal of it.

I see a lot of interesting possibilities but actually no single downside.

Opinions

Some of us do :)

I like it also Johan, but I think We drive 5 races now, with
these Rules&regulations. We can always in the halfway,
zero the points and try something new. Think we are then
much more into every detail.(after 5 weeks).

Latest Posts

Back