• Same cars the whole season.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Any GT500 car

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Doesn´t matter, all I care for is to drive for my King&Country

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have an interesting idea I like to float on this thread, not for tomorrows race but for the future.

First, I like Eppe's (Max) approach to car rules. If you can't set a limit in the lounge, allow it.

The introduced PP system doesn't work when racing different cars, but if racing same cars it opens a lot of interesting possibilites. To my understanding, the Xanavi, Yellowhat, and Calsonic are identical cars, just different colors.

Instead of as today run by just an HP limit we could be racing under a PP limit. Today is a no brainer what aero, power, tyres to use. But if racing under a PP limit, the car can be configured in many different ways, all having the same possibility.

It opens up interesting ideas for team racing. Lets say you have one car configured for good topspeed which can tactically be used in a team competition. Today, nobody share their secret source tuning within the teams. This might open up the possibility of more team play hence making the team spirit stronger.

This would also make the series unique and maybe increase the appeal of it.

I see a lot of interesting possibilities but actually no single downside.

Opinions

i like this idea as well, it would open up the races amongst the teams and i think strategy could play an even more pivotal role than just selecting whether to come in a lap before or after your opponents as will probably be the case on the softs...

more downforce coupled with harder tyres might lead to a slower pace but more stability and endurance... or lose some downforce and add more weight in order to be able to go for the softer tyre which might lead to faster laps due to more grip and better slip-streaming on tracks with longer straight sections

maybe it would be a good idea to set the PP so that the one or two tuning settings must be sacrificed in order meet the restrictions...
you could use a base for the max PP e.g. 50kg of ballast with the soft tyres might give 650PP (just a guess) and so this could be the PP limit... in order to lose some of the ballast you would then have to either lose some power, downforce or use a harder tyre in order to bring it within the PP restrictions again

(btw i've noticed that tyre changes don't affect PP on the settings page straight away - i have to exit the screen then go back in to see the change... has anybody else noticed this?)

Last edited:
Finland
1.Eppe - Captain
2.Simo911
3.Zkippe
4.m-peltonen
5.klonkku

Sweden
1. Midmark
2. chorda
3. Schumi74
4. johnkiller2
5. Ghoztmazta / Andy63

UK
1. Bigadz83 - Captain (Q: 1.54.042)
3. Paginas
4. HortusIX

Team UK, should I get worried?:scared:

I dont think i Can make it tonight. Maybe if i skip qualify. Sorry for late notice. I know we are alot of swedes and hopefully this wont cause any trouble tonight. Good luck tonight all and

i could also try to get people to sign up for the UK but i think it's really short notice

plus, i'm not going to be home till about 7 this evening so even less chance of being able to get in contact with my PSN buds and then get them to sign up for a GTP account, sign up to this Championship and then get their car ready in time

i'll try

EDIT: have sent a few msgs out - thanks to gran-turismo.com \o/ - so fingers crossed a cpl can make it

Last edited:
Finland
1.Eppe - Captain
2.Simo911
3.Zkippe
4.m-peltonen
5.klonkku

Sweden
1. Midmark
2. chorda
3. Schumi74
4. johnkiller2
5. Ghoztmazta / Andy63

UK
2. CaptainFalcon89
3. Paginas
4. HortusIX

Just need 1 more....

Eppe (Max),

If we will be only four brits and four Swedes, I suggest that Finland still race with five cars but the third best placed Finn will not be counted in the team competition. He will of course be listed in the result of the race, just don't count the points in the team comp.

Thit way, all five Finns planing to race can do it, and there will no real advantage/disadvantage for the Finns.

If we get five Swedes, we do the same thing for us. Fair competition.

Or how about 4 best from all Teams collects Team-points...
Individual points normal...

Hopefully all teams should find 5 of course, still time...

Or how about the possibility for a Team to hire 1 driver (from Europe)? If he´s known to be clean & fast 👍

From Europe ´cause of ping/lag issues.:nervous:

That would be what makes most sense ...... But it would be to the advantage to the team who comes with five drivers which is also good and makes sense.

But we want an even competition, and I know the Finns don't need any additional advantages to its strong drivers. That's why I was thinking of it. Another idea is that we remove the best Finn from the team scoring, but I'm sure you don't like that :sly:

Or how about 4 best from all Teams collects Team-points...
Individual points normal...

Hopefully all teams should find 5 of course, still time...

Well, I can only Host today also.:) So it would be even.

Hopefully we could find more drivers for this series,
so it just wont be like this every week, or just go
with 4/Team in the future...:indiff:

if u need Im free this evening.. Im from Italy 👍

Its Ok with me. Yuo´re fast & clean. What do Team UK think?

Do You have a Xanavi GT-R? Or a Motul? Don´t need to be
broken-in when You can buy a Turbo and downgrade it to 522hp.:)

Please read post #1.

Stay tuned to this Thread!

i like to race nycrom but dunno if i would like him as a team member, i might just have the urge to smash him off the road LOL just kidding yes im sure it will be fine.

im waiting to see if senna comes online but i think he said he might be working late..

I think apollo said his working nights ut no harm in asking plus his good in the gtr :D

Its Ok with me. Yuo´re fast & clean. What do Team UK think?

Do You have a Xanavi GT-R? Or a Motul? Don´t need to be
broken-in when You can buy a Turbo and downgrade it to 522hp.:)

Please read post #1.

Stay tuned to this Thread!
suonds good! I have a GTR Xanavi i will use that. :)

Yeah I have no problem with our Italian friend, Nycrom you do realise you will be fighting for British pride? lol

I guess we have to give preference if other UK drivers turn up on the list, like Senna. we can change to team Europe if needed, see what happens tonight.

Teams 19.00 GMT :dunce:

Finland
1.Eppe - Captain
2.Simo911
3.Zkippe
4.m-peltonen
5.klonkku

Sweden
1. Midmark
2. chorda
3. Schumi74
4. johnkiller2
5. Ghoztmazta / Andy63

UK
2. Nycrom
3. Paginas
4. HortusIX

Team Europe sounds nice:)

Or maybe Team Universum would sound even better.

It would be an awesome result:

Team Finland vs. Team Universum 64 - 30 :):):)

Yeah I have no problem with our Italian friend, Nycrom you do realise you will be fighting for British pride? lol

I guess we have to give preference if other UK drivers turn up on the list, like Senna. we can change to team Europe if needed, see what happens tonight.
For me it's ok :) 👍

tell me please the room number

Not open yet, I´ll open in 20 minutes.
Aren´t we in-game friends also? watch the tea-cup.

I´ll post here also the room nr.
Think we try today with Race Quality set to HIGH.
Instead of Very High.

Back