Avid Racing Factory [UPDATED 01/02/11]

• Thread starter vett'e
  • 332 comments
Hi Guys.
I have been using your tune's.

Mainly around Laguna Seca. (also tried a few around Grand Valley Speedway).

Chose Laguna, as its a bit of a strange track, quite tight with low top speed. Anyway, apart form reducing the top speed of the cars to around 180mph, will get near or just start hitting the limiter at end of main straight.

RM vette 09.

Makes this car a lot more stable under braking, the corner balance is noticably better. sorts out the exits of the corners and pretty much spot on.

This car was nice to begin with, so additional tuning added nice edge.

GT Ford Test car II

You really sorted out this one, the thing was a nightmare to drive before hand, just kept pushing wide (power understeer was terrible). Sorted this out. Now actually faster around Laguna than the RM Vette, although not a predictable (has less time with this one tho).

But a very good tune, really sorted out everything that was wrong with this car.

First two tunes.

My only comment, and this is just personal preference really, I'll try to explain. From My days of Racing Caterham Seven's, I got a taste for using the throttle to add the final finese to the corner to ensure apex hitting at all times (well most). Being able to use the throttle to get the nose in exactly the right place, rather than the steering, that i just to get general heading.

Both cars have the power on adjustment, However, not able to use the release of the throttle to get the back just to break slightly and fine tune the position of the car prior to the corner.

The RM Vette in particular has lost this slightly for me.

Otherwise just really good tunes.

F40, spot on for me, nice a racy, perfect throttle adjustment before apex and at turn in to totallty set the car up, although can get a little squirrelly in the corners, but a good fun set up like it.

458 tune, again very stable under breaking corner balance is there for me, also little loss of the throttle fine tuning on corner entry, but can live with that.

Going to try a few of your other tunes soon. Well done keep it up.

Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00

This was an experimental car, one I did out of complete and utter boredom. Don't be fooled though, this little baby packs one hell of a punch. It'll put some supercars to shame - it looks somewhat vulgar and ostentatious, but I love it.

Kudos to the French.

HP: 407 @ 7900 rpm
Torque: 319ft-lb @ 5400 rpm
Weight: 1106 kg

Requirements:
- weight reduction stage 3
- window weight reduction
- carbon hood
- chassis reinforcement
- engine tuning stage 3
- ecu tuning
- sports intake manifold
- racing air filter
- sports exhaust manifold
- catalytic converter: sports
- titanium racing exhaust
- fully customizable transmission
- twin-plate clutch
- semi-racing flywheel
- adjustable limited slip differential
- fully customizable suspension
- sports soft; racing hard tires

Aerodynamics: -- / 20
Initial Torque: -- / 38
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 20
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 22
Ride Height: -24 / -20
Spring Rate: 13.2 / 14.6
Extension: 7 / 7
Compression: 6 / 6
Anti-roll Bars: 5 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.4 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.04 / 0.10
Brake Balance 7 / 5

Enjoy!

:tup:love this tune .....really neutral....thanks, i will try more of your tunes.

Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car

This tune is money. My favorite car now handles even better 👍 This + 24h Ring = Heaven.

Last edited:
Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 '06 tune. I used it in the first round of the Sundays are for gentleman racers, in the online racing forum. Only i was running it stock with just an oil change, with the engine run in it's 337bhp. The only difference was that i didn't use the LSD settings as i figured with the power difference they wouldn't do much good. I was wandering if you could advise me on some LSD settings for 337bhp car? some help would be much appreciate.

vett'e,
I really love your rx-7 tunes as well as the tune for the supra. i've been waiting to see if anyone would come out with a max tune for the 89 300zx but it just has not happened. I was hoping that you could give us a tune that handles like a dream as thats what you've done for so many other great cars. thanks for your consideration.
H00KS11

This has been done - use the search feature. ;)👍

Thank you for helping me find your tune spyder however I am still requesting that vett'e do this tune. While your tune is more than sufficient at the high speed ring I am looking for a tune that can handle tracks like trial mountain with its eyes closed as some of the other tunes vett'e has done do so well. I mean no disrespect to your tune its just not my style.

I've spoken to Vette on PSN and he mentioned that due to real life situations, he won't be able to invest much, if any, time into Avid racing for a little while.

Is it possible to get new tune for Integra Type-R DC5? old setup before patch doesnt feel anygood anymore..

Thank you 👍

Autobacs Arta Garaiya '08

Not the fastest car, but definitely a car made for handling. I think this car slipped out of most people's radar, but I hope this changes things around!

HP: 424 @ 6300 rpm
Torque: 358 @ 4800 rpm
Curb Mass: 1175 kg
Weight Distribution: -- / --

Requirements:
- purchase from new car dealer (its worth every penny)
- engine tuning stage 3
- stage 2 and 3 turbo kit (stage 2 was installed for testing and finalizing)
- sports soft and racing hard tires (soft were used for testing, finalized on racing hard)

Aerodynamics: 34 / 54
Top Speed: 250 km/h
Initial Torque: -- / 24
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 36
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 20
Ride Height: -12 / -10
Spring Rate: 15.5 / 16.8
Camber Angle (-): 2.2 / 1.6
Toe Angle: -0.08 / 0.10
Brake Balance: 6 / 5

Lap times will be posted another time!

Thanks and enjoy!

hello vett'e
I tried your settings and is fantastic.
Ionly ask if You can suggest a setting for the circuit GRAND VALLEY SPEEDWAY.

thanks
sorry for my English

Not the fastest car, but definitely a car made for handling. I think this car slipped out of most people's radar, but I hope this changes things around!

HP: 424 @ 6300 rpm
Torque: 358 @ 4800 rpm
Curb Mass: 1175 kg
Weight Distribution: -- / --

Requirements:
- purchase from new car dealer (its worth every penny)
- engine tuning stage 3
- stage 2 and 3 turbo kit (stage 2 was installed for testing and finalizing)
- sports soft and racing hard tires (soft were used for testing, finalized on racing hard)

Aerodynamics: 34 / 54
Top Speed: 250 km/h
Initial Torque: -- / 24
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 20
Ride Height: -12 / -10
Spring Rate: 15.5 / 16.8
Camber Angle (-): 2.2 / 1.6
Toe Angle: -0.08 / 0.10
Brake Balance: 6 / 5

Lap times will be posted another time!

Thanks and enjoy!

hello vett'e
I tried your setup and it is fantastic.
Now I wonder if you can advise me a setup for the circuit GRAND VALLEY SPEEDWAY.
thanks and sorry for my English:)

oscor31
hello vett'e
I tried your setup and it is fantastic.
Now I wonder if you can advise me a setup for the circuit GRAND VALLEY SPEEDWAY.
thanks and sorry for my English:)

Oscor, you should try editing your first post if you have anything to add to your thought. Having a triple post like that is highly frowned upon. Especially when you asked the same thing in all 3 posts and within just a few hours.

That setup should work just fine on whatever track you are using it at. The only thing you may really need to change is the top speed gear. I wouldn't mess with the individual gears if I were you.

I was never a big fan of American cars, I concede that the ZR-1 was good, but as I have demonstrated, its rivals from Japan and European countries have done better. However, I stand here dumbfounded by the prowess that is the Ford GT - no, i'm not talking about the garbage you buy from the dealership, but the one you either win or pay a massive amount of credits for. Seriously, this car will blow all of that low into the pages of last year parse (before GT5 was even launched maybe).

I hadn't fiddled with the car (I won one from B-spec i think) until I was smashed by some idiot who claimed to be faster in a Ford than my beloved Supra. The race was on the 'ring (aka green-hell), things looked evenly matched - that was until we reached the second corner - when he suddenly took off in a flurry of smoke and left me trailing in his wake. Needless to say, I was dissatisfied.

The next round, I whipped out my own GT and boy was I dumbfounded. A car of such prestige, pedigree, prowess was sitting in my car this whole time, but overlooked by a wary eye of negligence and somewhat prejudice.

The rest is history. You shall find out soon enough too, once you have enough credits or win the car from B-spec.

*STRONGLY RECOMMENDED*

HP: 765 @ 6300 rpm
Torque: 722ft-lb @ 4300 rpm
Weight: 1165 kg

Requirements:

- chassis reinforcement
- engine tuning stage 3
- supercharger
- sports soft; racing hard

Aerodynamics: 48 / 66
Initial Torque: -- / 36
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 18
Ride Height: -28 / -26
Spring Rate: 14.2 / 15.6
Extension: 8 / 8
Compression: 7 / 7
Anti-roll Bars: 6 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 2.6 / 2.2
Toe Angle: -0.04 / 0.08
Brake Balance: 7 / 5

Enjoy!

I have a white one and a black one, I remarked in a thread somewhere else that this car is serious business, looks, sound, and handling. I will be trying your tune as soon as Bob finishes the green hell :).

Hi

Can you post the perfect settings for the Subaru 22b Sti? I upgrade it with everthing and i did the nurb....something ring in 7.18.387... i felt it could do much less time....

First try on Suzuka, with the Ford LM 1:56.168! I don't consider myself to be an "expert" driver so I am shaking my head a bit as this course only yielded 2:04-2:06 times before your tune. You are the man! :cheers:

This was an experimental car, one I did out of complete and utter boredom. Don't be fooled though, this little baby packs one hell of a punch. It'll put some supercars to shame - it looks somewhat vulgar and ostentatious, but I love it.

Kudos to the French.

HP: 407 @ 7900 rpm
Torque: 319ft-lb @ 5400 rpm
Weight: 1106 kg

Requirements:
- weight reduction stage 3
- window weight reduction
- carbon hood
- chassis reinforcement
- engine tuning stage 3
- ecu tuning
- sports intake manifold
- racing air filter
- sports exhaust manifold
- catalytic converter: sports
- titanium racing exhaust
- fully customizable transmission
- twin-plate clutch
- semi-racing flywheel
- adjustable limited slip differential
- fully customizable suspension
- sports soft; racing hard tires

Aerodynamics: -- / 20
Initial Torque: -- / 38
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 20
Ride Height: -24 / -20
Spring Rate: 13.2 / 14.6
Camber Angle (-): 2.4 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.04 / 0.10
Brake Balance 7 / 5

Enjoy!
Great Tune!!

Feels good, still allows you to flick the back end around if you want to push it. This is now my second Favorite Hot Hatch, thanks!!

You guys F'ing rock!!!! And if anybody says' otherwise than they can eat a mandingo sandwich!!! Thanks, for all your time and efforts!

Sharing the same sentiment towards tire choice, I applaud you for taking the harder way and thank you for your wonderful contributions to the GT world Vett'e.
Though i have yet to try out all the tunes provided, I was more than impressed with the ones I did and recorded significant drops in laptop as others have here.

Hopefully real life situations will not keep you from GT5 for long.

Ferrari F40 '92

The F40 represents the essence of what a Ferrari is, and how it ought to drive. Although made in the 90s, it has outstanding performance through the bends and a bucket full of power to propel it in the straights. The lack of any driver aids made the initial testing a little unnerving, although turning was very predictable it did slightly over-steer on lift off. Furthermore, throttle control had to be precise or one would expect to see either the front or rear buried in someone else's car or worse a freaking wall!

The car boats a very well balanced chassis, it is especially excellent at mid corners and the transition to exiting. The car did slide slightly to the outside, but that was a minor issue quickly addressed by tweaking the differential. However, the Ferrari didn't feel aggressive enough, and lacked the urgency on turn-in.

As mentioned, the differential was tweaked so the initial torque is higher, whilst the sensitivity to acceleration dropped to allow better throttle control. Braking sensitivity was also upped to aid braking stability - particularly through S-curves. Brake balance was set with front bias and top speed was dropped to 300 km/h for better acceleration and response through corners.

Next the car's spring and dampers were stiffened to keep sliding in check, whilst stronger anti-roll bars were fitted for improved turn-in. Some negative camber and toe-out at the front also helped improve the lack of urgency inherent to the car. Lastly, the overall ride-height was dropped to reduce weight transfer and improve handling characteristics as a whole.

Ferrari F40 '92
HP: 649
Curb Mass: 1125
Weight Distribution: 42/57

Requirements:
-Weight Reduction Stage 3
-Chassis Reinforcements
-Engine Tuning Stage 3
-ECU Tuning
-Sports Intake Manifold
-Racing Air Filter
-Sports Exhaust
-Catalytic Converter: Sports
-Titanium Racing Exhaust
-High Pressure Turbo Kit
-Fully Customizable Transmission
-Limited Slip Differential
-Twin-Plate Clutch
-Semi-Racing Flywheel
-Fully adjustable Suspension
-Racing Hard tires

Aerodynamics: -- / --
Transmission: 300 km
Initial Torque: -- / 32
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 26
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 32
Ride Height: 16 / 14
Spring Rate: 12.7 / 13.9
Anti-roll Bars: 6 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 2.4 / 1.8
Toe Angle: -0.14 / 0.10
Brake Balance: 8 / 6

You better be awake to drive this car.

Enjoy!

after all the tuning it still seems to be lacking of urgency when turning in im not sure why is it still that way and my transmission settings is at most 298 and not 300 can you help me thank you =)

Last edited:
HEY GUYS. I sincerely apologize for my lack of attention as of late. Due to certain circumstances, I will not be able to post further tunes until June when I'm back in my home country. Therefore, with grief I sadly announce the suspension of Avid Racing. I thank all those who have used my tunes and have continued their support!

Cheers

Shelby GT350R '65

This car was race prepared especially for the Grand Valley 300. If your going to do 60 laps around grand valley you might as well do it in style, right? This car will make fast laps on fresh tyres and it will reveal its wild nature when the tyres are old and the fuel load is low. I have also taken this for hot laps around Trial Mountain with Racing Soft tyres. This is an exciting car.

Shelby GT350R '65
317 HP
1055 kg

Requirements: FC suspension, full weight reduction, increased rigity, clutch, flywheel, tail shaft.

Tyres: Racing Hard
Aerodynamics: --
Transmission: --
Initial Torque: --
Acceleration Sensitivity: --
Braking Sensitivity: --

Ride Height: 0 / 0
Spring Rate: 4.6 / 3.6
Extension: 5 / 4
Compression: 5 / 4
Anti-roll Bars: 4 / 4
Camber: -2.0 / -1.9
Toe: 0.08 / 0.40

Has this worked for anyone yet? :confused:

EDIT: It Worked! Used it and worked like a charm on B Spec but I maxed out the HP and Torque really kills the tires fast. Keep Bob cool and this beast will really tear everything up.

Last edited:
vett'e
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09

Well this is hands down the one of the best close-wheel racer money can buy. Not many cars even come remotely close! There have been many tunes of this car already, but this being the first few cars I bought, I took the liberty of enhancing what was already a beast into a menace.

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
HP: 905
Curb Mass: 1100 kg
Weight Distribution: 52 / 48

Requirements:
*Race Modification
*Every other upgrade available; purchase some racing soft and sports soft.

Aerodynamics: 34 / 46
Transmission: 360
Initial Torque: -- / 28
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 26
Ride Height: 1 / 1
Spring Rate: 16.5 / 15.1 (Racing Soft)
Damperes: 7 / 8
Anti-roll Bars: 5 / 6
Camber: 2.4 / 2.0
Toe: -0.04 / -0.02
Brake Balance: 7 / 4

Personal best on Grandvalley and Suzuka is 1:41.385 (slowest 1:43.756) and 1:49:255 (slowest 1:50.048) respectively.

These are marked improvements, over 3 seconds faster than Adrenaline in his review and over half a second compared to my PB.

Enjoy!

I know the zr1 tune says "every other upgrade", but for clarity can I check if as written, its supposed to go with chassis reinforcement? I'm guessing so, but it feels harder to take tight corners that way...

I know I'm late to the party, but thanks for the Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM set up, finally tried your set up and was very pleased with it.

Honda NSX Type R '02

By now it should be no surprise that I'm a Honda fan, so naturally I had to get my hands on the best Honda - the NSX.

This is hands down my favourite car, its not the most powerful nor the best looking, but dear god it drives good. Completely Senna approved =p Anyhow, the car is tuned with balance in mind, that said I have tuned it to slightly oversteer on corner exit.

Being my favourite car, I have obviously spent more time tuning this beast. Track time was spent on Suzuka. Fastest lap on Sports Soft was 2:08:671, whilst Soft Racing tires improved the time to a blistering 2:01:082. Had my driving been better then we can expect somewhere in the sub 2 minutes.

Honda NSX Type R '02
HP: 460
Curb Mass: 1051 kg
Weight Distribution: 40 / 60 (found this on the web, I tuned the car according to the weight distribution to achieve a balanced set up).

Requirements:
*ONLY THE BEST OF COURSE*

Aerodynamics: -- / 18
Top Speed: 270 (good for Suzuka)
Initial Torque: 22
Acceleration Sensitivity: 34
Braking Sensitivity: 40 (personal preference here.)
Ride Height: -22 / -22 (Race), -16 / -16 (Sports)
Spring Rate: 12.7 / 15.6 (Race), 9.8 / 12.9 (Sports)
Compression: 7 / 6
Anti-roll Bar: 4 / 4
Camber: 2.2 / 1.8
Toe: -0.12 / 0.05
Brake Balance: 6 / 5 or 6 / 6 (personal preference again)

This car will woo your heart. Beware.

Enjoy!

WOW, after struggling with the feel of this car, I stumbled upon your setup... I was able to cut 1.3 seconds off of my time !!!

i just couldn't get the LSD tuned in where i felt it needed to be.. GREAT WORK

Back