GTP_Inter_Divisional_Online _Racing (GTP_IDOR) Race Two post #232

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 371 comments
Yes please!! This is what I joined WRS for, and wanted it to be about...

GTP_pyxen Division 4

Count me in. GTP_MilleRSVR, Division 4.

Great idea, looking forward to it.

Ok almost there now, the final bits are coming together thanks to the help of other members.

A big thankyou has to go to GTP_DGiant2000 (Andy) for the work he's done on the spread sheet, without it there would be no way I would be able to keep track of any results.

I'll soon be posting the first race please read it all, as it will show an example of how to contact other members in your division and time zones.

Unfortunately I can't do this for you, you have to do a little leg work yourself, no one can tell you when to race or at what time to race, only you can do that.

As you know the threads in this part of the forum can dissapear very quickly, I would suggest you keep this thread in your Favorites so you can go straight to it to see who is racing in your, division / time zone and what date/time.

There are many easy ways for you to contact other members in your division / time zone.

First off use the example in the race details make it bold so easy to see by others in your division in this thread.

Second pm via GTP. Third pm via PSN, Forth message board or email via PS3.

There is no excuse I cant find anyone to race with.

Good racing to all have fun.

Phillip.

Edit: If you wish I can also set up a chat room called IDOR where you can meet up with other GTP_Tag members.

Last edited:
I'll be up for this. Sounds like fun, I'll try and take part in some of the events.

GTP_NINE_HUNDRED - Div4

Hi Phillip, sorry for being late to the party, but count me in.

GTP_OnlyMe - Div 3 Silver (going on Div 4 :P)

One or two members have replied showing interest in this but have not put their tags in for me.

Would you be so kind as to make my job easy and post your tags for me on one line so I can pick them up without having to search for them please like this.

GTP_Eriba Div 2

Looks cool, I'm very curious to see how things turn out here. Any info on the race frequency or format? I'll put my name down :)

GTP_Jump_Ace Division I

Jerome

Thanks for joining in Jerome i know admin are very busy with other things. 👍

I'll post the first race later, from feed back that I've had members would like the first race event to stay up for a few weeks.

This will give members time to sort out other members in their Respective time zones, this I thought was a good idea, as most have very busy lives.

Phillip.

This looks great Phillip. Although I'm not sure If I can regularly compete can I still put my name down?

GTP_Rutter200

Sounds great - have kinda lost interest in the WRS, thought it would be actual head-to-head racing not just against the clock. Count me in!

GTP_Finchington
Division 3

First race we all know only too well, plus we should all have the car ready to go

Spoon Sport CR-Z
From the week Four WRS

Vehicle and track Specifics click on the link above:

• Track: Original Circuits > Cape Ring South
• Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
• Make: Japan > Spoon Sports
• Model: CR-Z

• Power: 146 HP (Stock)
• Weight: 1130 kg (Stock)
• Transmission: Optional
• Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
• Tyre Type: Sports Hard (S1's)
• Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
• Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
• Mechanical Damage: Optional
• Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
• In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available

This car can be found online in the recommended garage, 142hp; 1130Kg All other settings as per week4 WRS,
picture.php

This can be head to head or group divisional online race of 10 laps.

You’ll need to try and conserve your energy for these 10 laps, as the battery power level drops.

Very simple settings same as WRS for that week, just as an ice breaker plus you don’t have to go buying new car or tyres for the race use the car from the online recommended garage only.

You all did well with your placing in WRS, but do you think you have what it takes to actually race it.

Rules are simple as of OLR.

Please be kind enough to post in the thread when you plan to race, as other members that don’t have guys from their division online at the time, may like to come along and spectate. There is nothing better than watching two titans from D1 battling it out.

Note to spectators, if the lounge is busy and you’re not in the division that’s racing please leave the room and re-enter if there is space for viewers, this will make sure that the lounge can accommodate the max number of racers for each division.

You’ll be asked to input your winning time and fastest lap time from the main race only into the GTP thread.

ie: GTP_Iwinagain Total time 13’10.030 Fastest lap 1’33.201

GTP_Youbeatmeeasy Total time 13’20.020 Fastest Lap 1’35.301

This will be our first race, I’m sure your all wondering how this is going to work well here it is.

Because of time zones and the difficulties that brings you’ll be racing members of your own division in your own time zone, obviously the more members you can get online from your own time zone and your own division the better your online racing will be, if your up and all sorts of weird times and wish to join other time zones that’s fine too.

There must be two or more racing for your times to count, this is not a hot lapping event, you’ll enter your total race times in this thread along with your fastest lap time, and these will be picked up and entered into the results, the winner of the main race is the best total race time.

The total race times can be seen by going to Race Results Icon your fastest lap time I believe you’ll have to save replay go to live timing and view your fastest lap there.

You may race the event as many time as you wish, designating a time for the main race to take place. Only times from the main race should be entered into this thread.

Example: GTP_Eriba Opening Room Number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Division 2 Drivers. Spectators Welcome / Not Welcome

Spoon Sport CR-Z

Cape Ring South

Date 01 April 20.00 gmt. Main race to start at 21.00 gmt

Main race time can also be designated in lounge too, due to personal lives.

The more notice you can give other members the better, no good posting 30 minutes before you open your room, as many members may not be online. So keep this thread in your favourites.

Oh yes prises, these are awarded after 4 events for the total number of wins, as this will take me some time to complete with our wonderful new gifting method after the update we had not so long ago, I’ll only be able to send one gift per day, unless anyone would like to volunteer donations.

We’ll cross that bridge later.

Posting of times in the thread from main race only.

Example: Spoon Sport CR-Z Cape Ring South

GTP_Iwinthisone. Total race time xx’xx.xxx | Fastest Lap x’xx.xxx

Any comments underneath please.

You may all post your times, as I now have all your names in the spread sheet.

Hope I have covered most points, if not please let me know, I don’t think this has been tried before reading through the forum if it has I’ve not found it yet

Phillip.

Last edited:
I like the sound of head to head racing but won't be able to make every race?. Shift worker! I'm div 5 on the gtp qualifier.

One or two members have replied showing interest in this but have not put their tags in for me.

Would you be so kind as to make my job easy and post your tags for me on one line so I can pick them up without having to search for them please like this.

GTP_Eriba Div 2

I like the sound of head to head racing but won't be able to make every race?. Shift worker! I'm div 5 on the gtp qualifier.

Congrats Mooney and welcome to GTP.

This is not just for you but anyone that has not made their

GTP_Tag Div X

Nice and clear for me to pick up, this is hard work and I cant go searching for info, please be so kind as to help me a little and place your Tag / Div like above on one line. 👍

Race one is posted.

Thanks Phillip

dranddad
Congrats Mooney and welcome to GTP.

This is not just for you but anyone that has not made their

GTP_Tag Div X

Nice and clear for me to pick up, this is hard work and I cant go searching for info, please be so kind as to help me a little and place your Tag / Div like above on one line. 👍

Race one is posted.

Thanks Phillip

Sorry mate.

GTP_mooney division 5

Mooney

The first race and alot of paticipats, great.

I supose we use the car specs of the WRS. Maybe it's an idea to mention it and post is on the opening post aswell

The first race and alot of paticipats, great.

I supose we use the car specs of the WRS. Maybe it's an idea to mention it and post is on the opening post aswell

Yes Dennis, Make any helpful info posts you like its all our event.

It is in the race details "Very simple settings same as WRS for that week"

Here is the LINK again.

Over the last couple of days I've been testing this out with others, had about 6 races now and they are good fun. Close door to door stuff most of the time, and you have to take the oppertunity to overtake when it comes along, but without knocking the other guy off line.

So please stick to the OLR and you'll enjoy it.

The loss of battery may catch one or two out so watch your right foot :crazy:

It was a popular turn out for this WRS week 105 I think, so I hope this will be popular too.

I hope to see more trying this out pre event race.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Back