GTP_Inter_Divisional_Online _Racing (GTP_IDOR) Race Two post #232

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 371 comments
CR-Z Cape ring south.

Main Race.
GTP_Eriba: Total race time 16’21.564 | Fastest Lap 1’34.932

Had a fantastic race last night with GTP_MadMax86 (Pekka)👍 he was hard to stay with at times, after a small mistake I thought Pekka was away not to be seen again on lap 7/8

But slowly the gap came down from 1.562 on the remaining laps left in the race, at the end it came down to the line with only 0.215 between us.

A big thank you to GTP_w-g-e (Wes) for hosting the room and the other guy that were in the room too TRP_Noss, TRP_Replay and a few others. Thanks for you polite driving.👍

I’ll post the video soon,

Phillip.

Last edited:
Thanks for the races.

I hope more will join the next combo.

Here is a video of the Main race with Pekka (GTP_MadMax86) and GTP_Eriba last night, hope you enjoy.

When racing your main race please remember to save your replay after the race, you'll need this to copy down your total race time and fastest lap time to post in the IDOR Thread. See post #211 example👍

Great fun racing this WRS event online taken from week 4 at Cape Ring South.

Looking forward to the next race now.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Spoon CRZ

Cape ring South

Practise races + Main race

All divisions / Spectators welcome

17 April 2011 19:15 GMT (?)

Closed.

Please join, so we can get on with the next combo.

Last edited:
Sorry Wes I've not been able to sign into PSN all day, at time of this post 21.38 is the first time I've been able to connect to PSN.

Phillip.

This is from my now closed thred from the WRS area: from w-g-e to my thred,

Drandad has already come up with such an idea. We're currently running WRS week 4 online. It would be nice if you could join us, because we really need more members to join.

The races are sorted by divisions and not the WRS results. Everyone who has the GTP tag can join, even if they haven't run the WRS combo. The members need to organise races themselves, not the organisers. You could basically have a race every day, if you can find enough members.

This competition is not just like my idea for a graduated competition. I don’t see any qualification based on actual posted times from the weeklies for one. Second there is no movement upwardly from the slower quali class winners into the faster quali class waiting for the completion of the race before it. Thirdly my competition is not based on existing WRS divisions because each track shows different people week in and week out that perform better on some tracks then others and the WRS divisions don’t.

This completion just reminds me of the OMRS and is not like what I had tried to take the pulse of the Registry on, I was only trying to take a poll and not rock the sensibilities of members that were pumped on a competition that is WRS div. based. IMHO …. Best wishes to your efforts but I still want to see real world competitions from the existing posted times in a correctly grided class structure based on current abilities and not just existing WRS classification.

GTP_IDOR all divisions welcome Room number 1472-4711-0038-4893-5054 Room closed

GTP_LeftyWright

The more members that try to promote online racing and GTPlanet the better. 👍

I didn't post this thread in WRS or Race series thread as it was unofficial and online racing, so headed for the GT5 online racing section.

I never make a new thread in WRS section without asking admin first even though I've been working on this event concept now for 4 months it's still a long way from getting all five red lights to go out.

If you like the IDOR idea please come and join, I can see your input will be very valuable.

The main thing I'm after with this event is to promote WRS by racing past wrs event races, give the members the chance to race the combos online, after all the hard work they put into each one every week, and maybe build on the community spirit within WRS.

There are also links to other events and online racing at the bottom of IDOR #1

Oh yeah and have a lot of fun too.

Phillip.

Last edited:
I don't know if you understand how I want to see an online competition that plays off the WRS weeklies or not, but so far the real world hasn't found it's way to this aspect of our fellow members efforts. It is so simple and follows the dirt track method of winners graduating up the ladder to have a shot at the title.

Last edited:
We have a room open.

1472 - 4711 - 0038 - 4893 - 5054

I'm sorry Lefty. You can come up with some ideas and if they are good Drandad can still use them.

We have a room open.

1472 - 4711 - 0038 - 4893 - 5054

I'm sorry Lefty. You can come up with some ideas and if they are good Drandad can still use them.

Don't be sorry "W" we all have the same goal, if anything I was out of place and shouldn't have took the edge that I did and brought my stress to the forefront. I appreciate your enthusiasm for this thread and the all of what brings it to valition. My idea was as my closed thred OP stated and I don't need to add anymore... PEACE....out

Last edited:
Don't be sorry "W" we all have the same goal, if anything I was out of place and shouldn't have took the edge that I did and brought my stress to the forefront. I appreciate your enthusiasm for this thread and the all of what brings it to valition. My idea was as my closed thred OP stated and I don't need to add anymore... PEACE....out

Why not repost your thread in this forum Lefty? I'm sure we'd support the idea like we have with this one and certain others. I realise what you are trying to do is different from this idea and, as far as I'm concerned, the more online racing events to get into, the better 👍

Why I started this event it’s a long term thing I’ve been think of, I came into WRS in June 2009, wasn’t the best time for me really as I was going through a bad time, but stuck at it and glad I did. Part way through 2010 I said to other members who may recall, wouldn’t it be great to race some of these combo’s online too.

Coming towards the end of GT5p and GT5p/WRS it was time to give it more thought, we had seen many great battles take place, one springs to mind of GTP_Synwraith vs GTP_CRAZYTORTISE WRS week 102 at Daytona Road course, I think every man and his dog was watching this one, wishing they could join the lounge to spectate, would have been a classic example of what I’m trying to achieve here.

So December last year I started planning, February this year putting it together and March the posting, little did I know how much I had failed to think about, main goal is to promote WRS and the great community spirit that is within the WRS forum. To give members the chance to race online the combo’s they have worked so hard on for a week, getting every last second out of it they can.

After sending pm’s to everyone and reading the replies I had, it has become very clear to me that some love WRS, some like the concept of WRS but fall out of love with doing TT’s all the time, but they are very interested with running the same WRS combo head to head or full grid online racing with members from their own divisions or abilities, so why not have the best of both worlds.

After a month now, I still feel positive that the concept is good I believe the failing is me, not putting it over as well as I should, I’ve had help from great members Andy, Ali, Wes, Lin, Maz. But at the end of the day it’s just too much work for one making it very slow to get off the ground.

I do hope all the interested members spend just 30 minutes and give it a go, if its not for you fine, but you don't know till you try it.

Phillip.

So how do we bring it all together then? If the point is to capitalize on the hard work people have put in to the WRS...

I'd suggest Tuesday PM races (8pm GMT, and 9pm EST?) when people have finished with the combo, are at their best, and are likely feeling good about their potential to be competitive! Tues Pm would also offer the opportunity to encorporate Lefty's suggestion to use WRS as a qualifier, and the rankings to match up races.

For it to be accessible to all, we would need EU and NA rooms, which shouldn't be a big deal to host. I'd be more than happy to host a 9pm EST Tuesday room regularly (can start tonight if there's interest!) - it's the best time for me to race!

If things really get on a roll, you could even end up with EU and NA divisions and a round robin @ the end of the season. :)

So how do we bring it all together then? If the point is to capitalize on the hard work people have put in to the WRS...

For it to be accessible to all, we would need EU and NA rooms, which shouldn't be a big deal to host. I'd be more than happy to host a 9pm EST Tuesday room regularly (can start tonight if there's interest!) - it's the best time for me to race!

This is what we like to see.

You’ve just hit the nail on the head and answered your own question, nice to see you have get up and go.

It works the same way as WRS but online so as to keep it simple for the moment, everybody within WRS knows what they have to do.

In WRS a combo is set for the week, you then pick the time and for how long you wish to spend on that combo. Nobody tells you when to do that, you decide what day what time in your own time zone. I do the very same thing in my own time zone, simple.

Now then for me to do that on your time zone or vice-versa you or I would have to stop up to all weird time of the night, agreed. So the simplest thing to do is find members like you rightly say in your own time zone (give or take a few hours) to race with, now I can’t do that for you that little bit of leg work is down to you, (already working here) if you enjoy racing online and would like to put your skills to the test after many hours and lap after lap of TT work, its not much to ask.

So it’s a very simple basic concept I’m not going to add any other aspects to it for now as I’m trying to keep it simple, but that doesn’t mean we cant if the members make it a success like WRS, after all its only you the members that can make it work not me.

The race I had with GTP_MadMax86 (who is from Finland by the way and a different time zone) is posted in post#213 if you take the time to view that, you’ll notice that GTP_w-g-e was the host, there were also 2/3/4/ other people in the room that were not GTPlanet members. TRP_Noss, TRP_Replay are two that I recall, as Pekka and I were racing head to head being the only two members from division 2, we asked everyone in the room to join the race if they so wish, but if we do manage to catch up to you, would you be so kind to move over and let the two GTP_Members that were racing head to head for a competition through please, in the video you’ll clearly see this happen. I take my hat off to TRP_Noss who seen me coming and dived off the track as soon as he could.

I’ve said this before in posts, this event is to give WRS members the chance to race some of the great combos that Admin set for us throughout the year but online, promote GTPlanet, promote WRS and promote community spirit within WRS, that’s why I’m trying to keep it very simple.

The only work you have to do is find members in your own time zone to race with as you pointed out, that’s not hard to do, we in the EU can do it, run as many races as you wish till your blue in the face. Enter the times from your main race (you can only submit these once) and enjoy very close racing with other WRS members.

So to close, the basics you find members to race online with, put all your hard work TT’ing to the test racing the same combo as you’ve done in WRS, head to head or group divisional, obviously the more members you find within your own time zone the better your racing will be, full grid of 16 if you like.

Use online room xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx or private lounge, use OLR rules be polite to all none GTP_ members online, this way you promote GTPlanet and WRS.

Phillip.

GTP_DGiant2000: Total race time 16’57.207 | Fastest Lap 1’38.804

Thanks to Phil for racing me, unfortunately I understeered so much I hit the pit lane entrance on one lap which put pay to my time :lol:

Why not repost your thread in this forum Lefty? I'm sure we'd support the idea like we have with this one and certain others. I realise what you are trying to do is different from this idea and, as far as I'm concerned, the more online racing events to get into, the better 👍

Here is a cut N paste from the OP of my now closed POLL just to put my previous statements into context, it has an outline of how I was wanting to shape a competition that played off the WRS weeklies:

After running week 9 I fell in love w/ this track and car combo, I was wondering what to do w/ all this experience that I have gathered. I thought I would like to see if there were enough registry members that thought the same way that I did. So if you would like to go to the next level and do some online racing using the combo from a previous week please vote.

In the past I have put together Fun Runs in the F1 2010 game and had good reviews for them and the organization of the events. My races had different divisions based on qualification times and ran about 45 min. long. I don’t know how good my online connection is because I haven’t had that much time to do any online play and found that I might have been region compromised.

This is all just an exploration in the extents that I can use the experience from these combos. To put so much time in these events and then just move on to the next event is just a continuously maddening thing for me. I want them to have more meaning then “NEXT”.

I was thinking that the final times that are established from the WRS events will be used as the sorting device to grid the lobbies and make up the classes. The competitions would only be open to Registry members that ran the WRS combo and posted a final lap time. The lobbies would be filled to only eight members and the 1st and 2nd placing finishers could move up to the next higher class as their shot at faster guys.

I would only hold one event a month and they wouldn’t happen until the weekly TT was completed and final. After the event was over and I felt there was enough support for a combo I would start taking entries. One of the members from each lobby would have to volunteer to be the host. The fastest lobby would go last and the slowest would go first. Each lobby would start on the next hour for a 15 min practice session and then the race.

LeftyWright, I think your thread in the WRS forum got closed because the mods would like to keep the WRS forum clean of threads. Therefore threads they deem unrelated either get closed, moved or moved into the archive. It's not an attack on your proposition for an online event. I think if you post it in the GT5 online racing forum you can attract the crowd you would like, just like Phil did. That's my 2 cents ;)

I'm sorry for this off topic remark in your thread Phil. I hope I'll be able to run some IDOR races this weekend again 👍

LeftyWright, I think your thread in the WRS forum got closed because the mods would like to keep the WRS forum clean of threads. Therefore threads they deem unrelated either get closed, moved or moved into the archive. It's not an attack on your proposition for an online event. I think if you post it in the GT5 online racing forum you can attract the crowd you would like, just like Phil did. That's my 2 cents ;)

I'm sorry for this off topic remark in your thread Phil. I hope I'll be able to run some IDOR races this weekend again 👍

Thats ok Bart.

Just watched a fantastic race with Ali vs Wes real bumper to bumper stuff, how they didn't touch is beyond me.

Hope you and other Division one members get the chance to run just one race as I'll be changing the combo very soon, (as this has been posted 3 weeks now) ready for members to sort which car out of four they would like to use for the next race.

Would love to see D3 D4 D5 members try this out too.

Phillip.

Look forward to trying some of this as soon as I get some more things off my plate!

I wasn't sure if ther was any room for altering or suggesting the direction of this program. That was the only reason that I brought up my old OP. Just throwing out my two cents.

Any of my NTSC buddies feel up for a race this week in the evening hours? Let me know and I'll set something up - got pretty boring in there all by myself last time. :)

GTP_IDOR Race two GT300 (by request)

Start Date Friday 20th May

Although this is not a past WRS race, we did say that we would run a mix of WRS and requested races.

This being one of the popular ones, this time in reverse at Deep Forest, the rules are the same as WRS.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

There are four cars for you to pick from

RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 (SUPER GT) '06 | 514pp

Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) '03 | 514pp

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) '08 | 514pp

Lexus Weds Sport IS350 (SUPER GT) '08 | 523pp

Car settings.

All cars are tuneable and have racing hard tyres but all must be no more than 514pp, as each Room Lounge will be set to a max of 514pp and softest tyre available Racing Hard.

Room or lounge settings as per WRS, SRF off all other settings optional as would be in WRS, but I leave that up to you on the day if all members wish to have different room settings.

Race duration is 15 laps with just one compulsory pit stop tyres and re-fuels.

Pit lane open end of lap 6 and is closed end of lap twelve.

As passing places on this track are somewhat hard to find when you pit between laps 6 and 12 is up to you, tactics may come into play here if your stuck behind the guy in front, you may like to pit a lap later with a flying in lap to see if you can jump the guy in front.

GT300 is not the quickest but here at Deep Forest with so many adverse cambers and undulations it does prove challenging at times with these cars.

Run as many races as you wish, but you can only nominate one main race for entering your Total race time and fastest lap time for the points and placing,
Make a note of your total race time at the end of the race, as this does not show up in the replay in live timing. Don’t forget to save replay at the end of your main race to see what your fastest lap time was.

The concrete section after the third tunnel is not track, it cannot be used for over taking, if you use this to avoid a collision you must give the place back again before the start finish line, as in the picture of

RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 (SUPER GT) '06 photo three.

There is still seven days to get a time in on the CR-Z race one, to get points to carry over to this race as this is the second of four races in this round. At the end of the four races only the top four places will be awarded prises in each division.

Hope you enjoy this race as race one I know was not to exciting, but we had to start somewhere as an ice breaker and easy for all divisions.

Other links for interested members for racing events or online see
Weekly Race Series
GTP_OMRS

TCRacing
T&L Racing

Phillip.

Last edited:
I like the look of this one Phillip - I'll have to make time for a race or three. Members who are planning to take part could maybe advertise (discreetly) the fact in their posts in WRS weekly threads to encourage more interest...?

I have no problem with hosting but my connection is not very good or fast so it may not be the best idea.

Result from a few days ago (18 april):

GTP_OnlyMe: total time: 16'28.447 / fastest lap: 1'36.876

Looking forward to the next combo, Phillip. My favourite car is in the line-up :) You'll see which one out on the track :D

Now this looks like a good event and I like the pit strategy. Phillip if I find time to join will I still need to race against division four?

Good event! It's a shame that the PSN is still offline....

Now this looks like a good event and I like the pit strategy. Phillip if I find time to join will I still need to race against division four?

Not if you don’t want too Jonathan, you should be division 1 by all accounts. I can move you there if you wish.

As this is an unofficial event the divisions where just a guide for abilities so members were able to have close racing and the opportunity to run some of the past WRS races online and test what they have learnt about the combo in WRS.

If the members that take part in WRS and the ones that don’t wish to make this a success and an ongoing event, I can’t see why you shouldn’t move up or down on performance.

Seeing that there are Credits / Experience points and prizes to be won.

But of course this would have nothing to do with the official divisions.

GTP_Vagabond

"I like the look of this one Phillip - I'll have to make time for a race or three. Members who are planning to take part could maybe advertise (discreetly) the fact in their posts in WRS weekly threads to encourage more interest...?

I have no problem with hosting but my connection is not very good or fast so it may not be the best idea."

No need to be discreet about it, this is not a competition with WRS but more an enhancement, I’ve noticed a small decline in numbers so I hope this will encourage more to take part in WRS and build on the community spirit that we normally have there, I’m sure if you post in the GTP_WRS Pitbox that you would like members from your division to join you that would be fine with Admin.

GTP_IDOR chat room, another place you could join in, chat about the times you managed in that WRS TT, how your online times compair to the TT times
But not the week that is in progress.

Admin work very hard putting these combos together each week Joost and the guys like Steven Alba working on the leader board, the best we can do is try to grow on all their hard work.

The thought be hide using online lobby rooms in place of private lounges was to promote GTPlanet, other WRS members will tell you the same I’ve already been asked by a none GTP_member in the first weeks race CR-Z at Cape Ring South, why are we racing this combo.

So I told him its one of our WRS event races at GTPlanet which we run as a TT and now we are trying the same combo on line. His reply was I’ll have to take a look at that, so it’s working already. That’s another reason for using GTP_Tags and sticking to WRS, OLR.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Spoon CRZ Cape ring South
GTP_w-g-e VS GTP_Sutuki

GTP_w-g-e: Race time: 16'08.338 Fastest lap: 1'35.192

GTP_IDOR Race two GT300 (by request)

New Start Date Friday 20th May

Although this is not a past WRS race, we did say that we would run a mix of WRS and requested races.

This being one of the popular ones, this time in reverse at Deep Forest, the rules are the same as WRS.

picture.php

The Start date for this will be posted once PSN is back up and running.

The extra week for Cape Ring South CR-Z will also still run once PSN is back, to give members that wish to obtain points to carry over to the GT300 race at Deep Forest.

See post #232 for race details

Phillip.

Last edited:
Spoon CR-Z/Cape Ring South
GTP_w-g-e vs GTP_Sutuki

GTP_Sutuki: Total time: 16'08.321 Best lap: 1'34.786

Can't wait for the next race ;)

Back