• Thread starter GTRedline
  • 456 comments
P_O_P_E
World Sports Car Club
Proudly Presents
Touring Car Team Championship

6 Cars…6 Teams…2 Championships

Cobrius is our Drivers Champion!!!

Team Renault wins the Team Championship!!!

Lobby open @ 12:30pm EST (5:30pm UK)
Qualifying @ 12:50pm
Race at 1:00pm EST exactly!

The Format
- All races held in my private lobby (PSN P_O_P_E)
- Sunday’s 1pm EST, 6pm UK (Qualifying starts @12:50pm EST, lobby will be open for practice @12:30 EST)
- 20 minute practice session before each race
- 10min qualifying session
- approx 1 hour races
- Points will be tracked for both a Drivers Championship and Team Championship
- Points system taken from BTCC (credit to the TOCA series)
15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1

The Rules
- Cars are limited to 345hp and 1150kg
- Unpenalized racers qualify and start on Racing Medium tires
- Penalty applied to top 3 of previous race, qualifying/start on Racing Hards
(Some exceptions apply)

- NO PIT STOPS until lap 5
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES leave the track once qualifying has begun.
- Cars using ballast to meet race regulations may locate it in a position of their choosing.
- No restrictions on the cars modification, use of power limiter is recommended.
- No aggressive bumping or hitting.
- One move only blocking (like F1). If being passed you may move to block (no hitting) once in one direction, afterwards if the car gets to the other side then you must allow the pass. This usually only applies only on straits.
- The lead car has the right away, the racing line, and sets the braking point through corners. RESPECT THEIR RIGHT! Try braking early and beating them on exit speed, or waiting for them to slip up.
- Late braking and corner diving is a risky move, often resulting in car-to-car contact. While this move is allowed, use caution as it may result in a bump off track and time penalty. Repeated offences will result in loss of points or disqualification from series. This is most important in the first corner, don’t ruin your chance or anyone else’s by trying to skip 5 spots. Respect that those racers out-qualified you and earn your places.
- We at WSCC apply the GTPlanet OLR-rules that you can find here. To put it simply: behave in the races as if you were in a real world car race.

Car contact incidents are part of racing and will always happen. Nobody is perfect.
Everybody makes involuntary driving errors. The important thing is to stay fair.

Here is the procedure to follow in case of an important incident:
-In case of an incident, always first look at the replay
- If after seeing the replay, you still think another driver has disadvantaged you, first contact him by PM.
- If that does not resolve the incident, send a PM to the race steward (host).
- Steward will review the replay and if necessary take a race-decision.
- Never accuse another driver publicly, it is forbidden by WSCC and GTP-policy and can lead to definitive exclusion.

The Settings
- Racing line (Off)
- ASM (Off)
- SRF( Off)
- TCS (max 2)
- ABS (1)
- Grip Reduction (Real)
- Damage (Low)
- Penalties (High)
- Starts (False Start)
- Race Delay (Max, 180sec)

The Cars

Toyota ALTEZZA Touring Car
DeepForestRaceway.jpg

Gran Turismo’s take on a modern-day Hachi-Roku(86) in touring car form. This 2.0L redlines @10,000rpm and reaches peak hp @7800rpm. 240ft-lbs of torque comes in abruptly @7500rpm. The FR layout does offer some wheel spin, however the rear end stays in check. Being one of the lightest cars in the series, you’ll have 160kg to play with to sort out balance.

Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car
NrburgringGP_F-1.jpg

The Clio V-6 Trophy series was born based on the desire of Clio Cup racers to go faster than their cars “entry level” performance allowed. This 3.0L redlines @8800rpm, maxing out @7300rpm. The real interest in this car will be in its fat smooth torque curve. The “big block” of the series has a asphalt scorching 267ft-lbs of torque that comes in a little early @5300rpm. All that low end torque and the mid-engine rear wheel drive makes for some traction and tire wear issues, however there’s no denying that this car has the most “punch” of the group.

BMW 320i Touring Car '03
AutodromoNazionaleMonza.jpg

The winning car from the 2003 ETCC, the E46 320i is rich in racing pedigree. The 2.0L comes in mid pack with 215ft-lbs of torque, but it’s a flat curve that peaks right where you need it, up high in the power band @7800rpm. Peak hp comes in @8600rpm and drops off slightly before the 9800rpm redline. This car doesn’t have as much usable peak hp as many others in the pack, but it shines in the corners. The flat torque curve equates to smooth power delivery and traction is rarely an issue. In a 40min race tire wear becomes an issue, and this gem is surely the best of the bunch.

Honda Integra TYPE R Touring Car
NrburgringGP_F.jpg

Gran Turismo created this N1-spec version of the popular DC-5 Integra(RSX) shortly before the real world N1-spec car was released. The 2.0L K20 is a screamer reaching max hp @10,100rpm, however it holds that all the way to its 11,500rpm redline. Peak torque is very anaemic 187ft-lbs@9700rpm. If you’ve spent anytime driving the DC5 RM car you’ll know what this car can do in the corners, the term “on rails” is common with this chassis. Being the only front wheel drive in the group it’s not for everyone, however those who know what the chassis is capable of won’t shy away.

Mazda Mazda6 Touring Car
NrburgringGP_F_3.jpg

Very much a wolf in sheep’s clothing, this N1-spec family sedan isn’t what it appears to be. How does 254ft-lbs@7100rpm of AWD pavement clawing torque sound? With its “peaky” but stout torque curve, this 2.3L reaches max hp @7200rpm and holds it to a 9300rpm redline. Despite not being the nimblest chassis of the group, it is the easiest to drive and has absolutely no traction issues. I strongly encourage that our more experienced drives let the amateurs use this car. Not because in a pro’s hands it would decimate all but because it’s the “hero” car of the bunch, its forgiving nature will allow new drivers to focus on racing a clean line.

Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04
CapeRingSouth.jpg

Despite being in the shadow of its sister car of the Toyota Altezza, this Lexus BAT GT car took the title in only its second year in the series. Using the same 3S-GE 2.0L as its sibling, it reaches 238ft-lbs@7400rpm with peak hp @8600rpm staying flat to a 9400rpm redline. Many consider this car inferior to the Toyota, but consider the numbers and the fact that the Lexus is a 6speed vs the Altezza’s 5speed and make up your own mind.

Honda S2000 LM Race Car
CapeRingNorth-1-1.jpg

Last but certainly not least is our second Honda of the group, the agile roadster. You’ll be checking these numbers a few times, but let me assure you its no typo. This 2.0L, F1 inspired engine hits peak power @9300rpm and holds it all the way to its 12,500rpm redline! 12,500rpm! 196ft-lbs comes in just before peak hp @9200rpm. This car has amazing handling and the power band of sport bike. Be careful where you place the 100kg of ballast though, as this screamer is no stranger to oversteer.

Need a car for the race?
Don’t worry if you don’t have the cars for WSCC-races: our members help each other to get the cars needed by a WSCC car exchange thread on our private social club space.

Season Schedule

June 19th
35 laps of Nurburgring GP/F
picture.php

June 26th
47 laps of Deep Forest
picture.php

July 3rd
47 laps of Autumn Ring
picture.php

July 10th
35 laps of Monza
picture.php

July 17th
22 laps of Cape Ring
picture.php

Last edited:
The Standings

Teams

Team Renault..........95 points
Team Lexus.............48 points
Team Toyota............40 points

Team Mazda.............37 points
Team Honda.............23 points
Team BMW...............11 points

Drivers

cobrius...................57 points
Zkippe....................42 points
DREX81..................38 points

El_Aliens69...............37 points
Sassafrass_3...........31 points
teeds.....................23 points
leftylucky2gunz.......20 points
POPE......................9 points
joshua1994..............6 points
iamsupernasty.........6 points

The Teams

Team Toyota
1. P_O_P_E
2. teeds

Team Renault
1. cobrius
2. drex81

Team BMW
1. iamsupernasty
2. luckylefty2gunz

Team Honda
1. Cowboys965
2. Sassafrass_3

Team Mazda
1. El_Aliens69

Team Lexus
2. Zkippe

Extra Drivers`aka The Replacements
1. Scanny_Flick

The Extra Drivers will have a busy season. They will be required to have all 7 cars and be ready to use them. In the event that someone is a no show or can`t make it, they will fill the slot so the team remains competitive. However The Replacements will be competing against everyone in the Drivers Championship, so they are very much a threat. This position will be challenging, and demanding since all 7 cars will need to be tuned and ready to race minutes before qualifying. If all 7 teams have both members, then The Replacements may use a car of their choosing.

Reserve List

1. P_O_P_E
2. iamsupernasty
3. cobrius
4. teeds
5. luckylefty2gunz
6. drex81
7. Scanny_Flick
8. El_Aliens69
9. Sassafrass_3
10. Cowboys965
11. Zkippe

Last edited:
Please read before signing up!

With only two rounds left I'm going to allow drop ins for anyone interested in the series but unable to commit to a series. You may drive any car, however if there's already two cars on that team your points won't count. It is your responsibility to add the host (P_O_P_E) as a friend on PSN with the subject WSCC TCTC.

Everyone should check out WSCC's Racing School starting this sunday. I'm happy to see that many of you have already signed up! I'll be making this "course" a prerequisite for season 2 of TCTC, as the second season will be heavy damage. Also, if all of our grid completes one "course" we will switch the TCTC to heavy damage mid-season.

Last edited:
Added a link to this page in the main WSCC-page.

@iamsupernasty: have sent you an invitation for the WSCC social group. Welcome to the club.

Welcome everyone. Thank you turbogeit for keeping up on things(main page, invites). iamsupernasty please choose a second car.

I'll keep an eye on this. Just to point out that the Integra kills it's tyres if you drive hard... and thanks for credit on Pts System 👍

I'll keep an eye on this. Just to point out that the Integra kills it's tyres if you drive hard... and thanks for credit on Pts System 👍

No problem. The teg isn`t the only one that is hard on tires, its all in the way you drive and tune it. Also there`s a little bit of traction control allowed to help. Everyone needs to find out what chassis suits their style best. I still can`t decide!

Last edited:
I've been testing these cars for what seems like forever, and there's still no car that jumps out as a sure thing. Despite both being the only two 5speeds, i'm going to go with;

Car#1 - Toyota
Car#2 - BMW

The only reason the bimmer is second is because its already a popular choice and the Altezza looks amazing.

6 of 7 cars are now up to borrow online. Add me on PSN, go to profile in the GT5 menu, under my profile there's 6 cars. Click on the car and click borrow. The only car not up there is the Toyota. I can rotate it in upon request. I hope this will help everyone with picking a car.

I'm in,

1 - S2000
2 - BMW

Easy on time but I have another race starting at 7.30.

Last edited:
6 of 7 cars are now up to borrow online. Add me on PSN, go to profile in the GT5 menu, under my profile there's 6 cars. Click on the car and click borrow. The only car not up there is the Toyota. I can rotate it in upon request. I hope this will help everyone with picking a car.

psn is up? :D

Oh my, oh my, put me down for this.

Will do a little brief testing the cars that I have in my garage tonight (think I have all of them), then will officially confirm all details, with cars.

Looks good 👍

Sign me up buddy.

Wendigo7
I've got ALL of those cars so it doesn't matter what car I'm allocated.
6pm Time on a Sunday evening please.

Ok, so come home, put daughter to bed, ordered pizza, checked my garage and as thought, I have all but the Lexus (and only driven half of them).

Brilliant, so going to spend the night on Monza testing them out, getting used to the regs and requirements, and will let you know later my first and second choice cars.

Will confirm PSN etc then as well - This is what I've been looking for, with time to test and a time that suits. Happy Days!!! :gtpflag:

EDIT : PS, any PP (or any other) restrictions?

EDIT 2 : When you say limited to 1150kg I presume that is the minimum the weight can be, so could be 1300kg for example?

Last edited:
Can you please make it 12AM-1PM GMT? I live in Hong Kong and its GMT+8 so yeah.

The two times listed are all i can do. I'm GMT-7 so your like a full day ahead of me. If you can't make it for these times please let me know.

EDIT : PS, any PP (or any other) restrictions?

EDIT 2 : When you say limited to 1150kg I presume that is the minimum the weight can be, so could be 1300kg for example?

No restrictions other than the ones mentioned in OP.

All cars will be exactly 1150kg unless under penalty from previous race. Some of the cars use 160kg of ballast to get up to this weight, some are right at 1150kg.

Thanks for that.

Started my testing last night, and only managed to test 3 cars around Monza, using a DFGT.

All at 345bhp and 1150kg, Racing Hards, ABS 1 only, Grip Real and Damage Low, Brakes 5 & 2. Stiffened all cars and got appropriate mods to bring bhp over the limit (with the intention to limit it down). There was no other settings tinkered with at this time. Appreciate also that offline physics are slightly different to online physics when racing.

BMW 320i Touring Car '03
Being an Audi fan (and driver) I wanted to get this one out the way so as not to ever have to drive a Beemer again :crazy:. If ever any of my friends saw me driving a Beemer, I would be shunned for ever. Ballast of 10 and Limiter at 97.3% gave me what I need.

This car handles like a dream :grumpy: and so easy to control if you feel you are starting to lose it out a corner. You can put your foot down so early with this!

Through 5 testing laps my best time was 2:02.674 (with room for improvement at current settings).

Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
Very pretty car always looking sexy. Had to set the transmission up one to 162, but left everything else as was after stiffening and getting a turbo boost. Ballast of 100 and Limiter (I think) was at 96.something%.

Handled very well around the high speeds but coming out the corners and putting foot down made it a little twitchy, but nothing that can't be rectified in settings.

Through 5 teting laps my best time was 2:00.932 (with little room for improvement at current settings). With some tuning I can imagine picking this one.

Renault Clio Sport Trophy Race Car
Oh My God! This really DOES pack a punch. I never expected it to be this fast! I had recently used it for some French Seasonal fun and hadn't fully modified it, so thought it was ok. Stiffened, Engine Improvement (I think that was all), no Ballast required and can't remember the Limiter required (but believe low 90's%). Transmission 2 up, to 168.

It took me about 5 attempts not to spin at the first corners (getting used to its new power and rear end) and you have really feather the throttle through this, but when you get through that and learn how you can put your foot down through all the large bends and sweepers, it is soooooooo fast (if not a little scary)!!!!

It needs a lot of tampering with the tuning I think though, to stop the spinning potential when competing in race conditions. Maybe move the Ballast, change the Drivetrain.

Through 5 teting laps my best time was 2:00.007 (with little room for improvement at current settings). Fastest so far, but not as comfortable with it as the first two.

So, that's my testing so far, had fun last night. Will be looking at the other three tonight using the same parameters.

To those who have also tested on Monza, and are no doubt more proficient than me, are these competitive testing lap times (knowing that I will be further tuning my (to be) selected cars?

👍👍👍:drool:👍👍👍

The two times listed are all i can do. I'm GMT-7 so your like a full day ahead of me. If you can't make it for these times please let me know.

If the events are after June 9th (school), then certainly, I can stay up and play GT5 all night long:dopey:

HK's psn is still not back up-_- (checked last week)

Would be really interested in 1pm EST. My PSN id is hamster1984 and I will have to check to see if I have these cars.

My choices would be

1-Mazda6
2-BMW

@somebodysb2, knelly, luckylefty2gunz, hamster1984: welcome to the club. I just sent you an invitation for the social group space.

Take a look at the main WSCC-page for our other activities. Still more to come! I am working on a "Corvette GT2 Intercontinental Le Mans Cup". More information follows later this week

OK so finally completed my testing and made up my mind (I think) :nervous:

PSN - Knelly
Car #1 - Toyota ALTEZZA Touring Car
Car #2 - Honda Integra TYPE R Touring Car
Time - 6pm UK

Signed up and send Friend Request.

Now to get my car competitive :dunce:

Thanks for that.

Started my testing last night, and only managed to test 3 cars around Monza, using a DFGT.

All at 345bhp and 1150kg, Racing Hards, ABS 1 only, Grip Real and Damage Low, Brakes 5 & 2. Stiffened all cars and got appropriate mods to bring bhp over the limit (with the intention to limit it down). There was no other settings tinkered with at this time. Appreciate also that offline physics are slightly different to online physics when racing.

BMW 320i Touring Car '03
Being an Audi fan (and driver) I wanted to get this one out the way so as not to ever have to drive a Beemer again :crazy:. If ever any of my friends saw me driving a Beemer, I would be shunned for ever. Ballast of 10 and Limiter at 97.3% gave me what I need.

This car handles like a dream :grumpy: and so easy to control if you feel you are starting to lose it out a corner. You can put your foot down so early with this!

Through 5 testing laps my best time was 2:02.674 (with room for improvement at current settings).

Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
Very pretty car always looking sexy. Had to set the transmission up one to 162, but left everything else as was after stiffening and getting a turbo boost. Ballast of 100 and Limiter (I think) was at 96.something%.

Handled very well around the high speeds but coming out the corners and putting foot down made it a little twitchy, but nothing that can't be rectified in settings.

Through 5 teting laps my best time was 2:00.932 (with little room for improvement at current settings). With some tuning I can imagine picking this one.

Renault Clio Sport Trophy Race Car
Oh My God! This really DOES pack a punch. I never expected it to be this fast! I had recently used it for some French Seasonal fun and hadn't fully modified it, so thought it was ok. Stiffened, Engine Improvement (I think that was all), no Ballast required and can't remember the Limiter required (but believe low 90's%). Transmission 2 up, to 168.

It took me about 5 attempts not to spin at the first corners (getting used to its new power and rear end) and you have really feather the throttle through this, but when you get through that and learn how you can put your foot down through all the large bends and sweepers, it is soooooooo fast (if not a little scary)!!!!

It needs a lot of tampering with the tuning I think though, to stop the spinning potential when competing in race conditions. Maybe move the Ballast, change the Drivetrain.

Through 5 teting laps my best time was 2:00.007 (with little room for improvement at current settings). Fastest so far, but not as comfortable with it as the first two.

So, that's my testing so far, had fun last night. Will be looking at the other three tonight using the same parameters.

To those who have also tested on Monza, and are no doubt more proficient than me, are these competitive testing lap times (knowing that I will be further tuning my (to be) selected cars?

👍👍👍:drool:👍👍👍

I'm glad you had as much fun as i did testing them. And i had very simular experience with these cars. The Clio is a handfull alright! One spin out though can cost you the race, and so could an extra pit stop with all that torque killing your tires. However, in the right hands it will be a serious contender. The "twitchness" from the integra is torque steer, a by-product of a 350hp FWD. However this can be dialed down with your LSD adjustments. I really hope someone picks one of these.

As for your times, there's room for improvement. Monza is a very fast course, try to carry as much speed out of the corners as you can. I'm using a DS3 this week(building cockpit for my G27) and my times are in the 1:56's. However i know of at least one of our members thats a few seconds faster than me. So a 1:55 will be a fast time, but in my experience a slower but consistant racer often finishes ahead of their qualifying spot.

Edit; Those times are on racing softs.

Last edited:
I'm happy to see the interest in the series, and the diversity of the car choices. I was worried that many would only want one of two cars and i would be convincing people to use their second choice.

So everyone up to this post will get their #1 car for the series. Everyone joining after this post will have to choose an available platform.

This sunday we will have a pre-season race, time and track will be announced by friday.

Back