WSCC Touring Car Team Championship, FINISHED

• Thread starter GTRedline
  • 456 comments
If the events are after June 9th (school), then certainly, I can stay up and play GT5 all night long:dopey:

HK's psn is still not back up-_- (checked last week)

I hope the series is started before then, with a pre-season race this weekend. Because of your schedule I may ask you to be one of our "Extra Drivers" if we have a full roster, so for now i won't put you on any specific team.

This will be a short season, just long enough to get to know everyone and the cars. I have some vacation in July, and plan to start a 8-10 race second season in august. This season will inform me of any cars that don't quite fit in, and weither or not Heavy Damage will work for season two. All racers from the first season will have a place reserved for season 2.

@OP:

Dang, normally I consider myself not available for any online race series (even as much as I crave to), but this series... This is exactly the class of cars I like to race.

It's such a shame, though. I don't lead the type of life where I make time any time for GT5. I can't commit to a schedule, despite my deep desire to participate in a league. But, God, this is such a great opportunity. I regret saying that I can't race though, at least not until school lets out. Then I'm still not sure.

So, I guess I'm just voicing my frustration here, you don't gotta read this or respond.

Just saying.

Cheers to you and your wonderful racing league.

@OP:

Dang, normally I consider myself not available for any online race series (even as much as I crave to), but this series... This is exactly the class of cars I like to race.

It's such a shame, though. I don't lead the type of life where I make time any time for GT5. I can't commit to a schedule, despite my deep desire to participate in a league. But, God, this is such a great opportunity. I regret saying that I can't race though, at least not until school lets out. Then I'm still not sure.

So, I guess I'm just voicing my frustration here, you don't gotta read this or respond.

Just saying.

Cheers to you and your wonderful racing league.

Thanks for the compliment!

Hi GTRedline, do you race this sunday, (preseason? 1st season race?) and if yes, how late?

I will put your answer in the calendar post on the main page

I would like to take part in your league. I am a clean driver available Sunday's and I'm on the east coast.

Psn: drex81
Car 1: Lexus is200
Car 2: Clio
12:00 is better but 1 is fine.

GTRedline
WSCC TCTC first pre-season race, Monaco Grand Prix this sunday May 29th @1pm EST (6pm UK)

I'll be there, was tuning for Monza but Monaco will be fun after GP (which I was at last year :))

EDIT : What would be a good Offline Practice Time to achieve for Monaco in the ALTEZZA, with which tyres?

Saw your edit after my practice times around Monza and doesn't scare me so much now knowing your times are RS's

Thanks

Last edited:
I'll be there, was tuning for Monza but Monaco will be fun after GP (which I was at last year :))

EDIT : What would be a good Offline Practice Time to achieve for Monaco in the ALTEZZA, with which tyres?

Saw your edit after my practice times around Monza and doesn't scare me so much now knowing your times are RS's

Thanks

I do all my testing in my online lobby so i couldn't tell you. And i havn't tested at Monaco yet, going to try tonight.

Might join you. Have you accepted my FR?

With us both using the same car (and same team), we can get things tight for Sunday 💡

Just done a few laps of Monaco in my private lounge.
Standard setup except a bit more Downforce and i've just done a 1.44.133 on Racing Hards and that was a sloppy lap.
Did one fast lap on racing softs and that was 1.40.074.
That's quite a difference in times.
I haven't done any lengthy testing yet though so don't know how either will last.
Oh yeah and i'm using the BMW.

Looks to be a very successful formula.

Unfortunately, I'm not free at the hour of the race.
Have fun at Monaco!

Might join you. Have you accepted my FR?

With us both using the same car (and same team), we can get things tight for Sunday 💡

I'm up for that! Go TEAM TOYOTA!

Not sure when i'll be practicing, but if i'm online and playing you can bet thats what i'll be doing. At the very least we can do a few practice laps before everyone else joins the lobby on sunday. Do you have a mic?

Op updated.

We now have at least 1 member per team and the choices have been varied enough that i dropped the 2nd car choice. Anyone else joining will be required to choose an available car, and it will be a first come first serve.

Also the race time is set, based on the majority. Qualifying starts on the hour(1pm EST, 6pm UK). Lobby will be open for free practice at 12:30pm EST(5:30 UK). Do not join my lobby before this time.

Testing in my private lounge at moment, best got so far is a 1:39.659 on RS.

Come join and add me if need be, will be here for a few hours yet I reckon.

PSN : Knelly

EDIT : Couple of 1:38.8's

EDIT : Some 1:43's on RH and g6t a good 15 laps out of them

Last edited:
So we just ran a mock race with three of us. Wow 23 Laps flew by! Wishing it was a little longer....

Anyway, Fast Lap on Racing Softs was 1:37.9. Fast lap on Hards was 1:40.8.

That's the BMW 320.

Edit - Just ran a 1:36.3. This BMW is quick!

Last edited:
Good practice race guys, quick pace! There is a big difference in lap times between the tires, and a longer race would mix things up with some trying to last on a one stop, others pushing it hard on a two stop. I know its a bit late to change things for sundays race, but i`d like to get everyone`s opinion on pushing the race length from 40min to 1hr for todays and future events. If this were to happen, the race would start on the hour and qualifying would start at 12:50 EST(5:50 UK).

If everyone shows up early enough for tomorrows race, and there`s no major objections then i`ll make the race 35 laps.

A difference in pit strategies can give a good extra suspense to a race. Personally I had some good results in races where I used a completely different strategy (example: to avoid traffic, I came in earlier then all the others and when they came out the pits after their stop, they were behind me).

In my experience, a two stop strategy can only be faster on tracks with a pitlane which doesn't make you loose to much time (ex. doesn't work on Nurburgring GP). And the good news for the suspense: if I remember well, Monaco has a short pitlane.

A difference in pit strategies can give a good extra suspense to a race. Personally I had some good results in races where I used a completely different strategy (example: to avoid traffic, I came in earlier then all the others and when they came out the pits after their stop, they were behind me).

In my experience, a two stop strategy can only be faster on tracks with a pitlane which doesn't make you loose to much time (ex. doesn't work on Nurburgring GP). And the good news for the suspense: if I remember well, Monaco has a short pitlane.

It does indeed. And for many drivers there`s as much as a 4sec difference between tires so getting it right could make all the difference. Also not all cars are even when it comes to tire wear, and your tuning plays a big part in that. On my fastest laps i`m just cooking my tires.

Back