WSCC Touring Car Team Championship, FINISHED

• Thread starter GTRedline
  • 456 comments
Sunday, June 5th @1pm EST(6pm UK)

We're headed to Japan for another pre-season race on a street circuit. This time around will be a lot faster, so get testing! Lap times will be anounced after further testing, posting your times will help with this. The following sunday should be our first season/points race and we'll be using the tracks mentioned in the OP.

picture.php

Good practice tonight guys! Managed a 1:44.9 but there's still more room to make up. Will be interesting to see what the S2000's can do.

D_professional, its been brought to my attention that you need the lexus(deja vu). Add me on PSN and i'll send you one. Your brother seemed to have some oversteer issues this evening, try adjusting your diff, limiting the torque to the rear wheels. I had a similar issue with my toyota, but it was an easy fix.

@NjLowrider: don't forget to accept the club member invitation, it will permit you to access to the private club members space.

@Circuit*Star: club member invitation sent. Does your brother have a GT-planet account?

just finished first test session and we have got close on set up and running very competitive times to what P_O_P_E posted. 1:44:270 and it's got a little more to give i think. this is my favorite track to drive and would like to see it as a race in series.

Damn that honda! But i have a secret weapon, muhahaha. There's only one driver that i know can and has beaten teeds, and probably only one car that will do it. We now have a full grid, 16 drivers.

El_Aliens69 will be joining us, filling the last spot on Team Mazda. If you need the car Aliens, just let me know.

ahh will be good to race Aliens again and him in the Mazda makes me scared :scared:

Here's hoping 16 players works ok and if anyone keeps getting disconnected try turning off your mic if it's on. Also if possible stop anything else using your bandwidth i.e. turn off PCs, stopping the better half shopping online etc

I haven't seen an invite.. I am using this site from my iPhone. Should I log on with my comp? What's your psn I'd gtredline?

Edit: I joined! Can't wait to play with my Clio! What about the lutecia? Same car..

Last edited:
Damn that honda! But i have a secret weapon, muhahaha. There's only one driver that i know can and has beaten teeds, and probably only one car that will do it. We now have a full grid, 16 drivers.

El_Aliens69 will be joining us, filling the last spot on Team Mazda. If you need the car Aliens, just let me know.

Two! Cobrius did it last wednesday in the Integra RM-race.

What is the GTP-ID of El_Aliens? Need it to send him a club invitation

aaaa with the wscc web down i though i'll never c u guys again!!! im ready!..............but yeah if u lend me the mazda ill aprecciate it p_o_p_e

I haven't seen an invite.. I am using this site from my iPhone. Should I log on with my comp? What's your psn I'd gtredline?

Edit: I joined! Can't wait to play with my Clio! What about the lutecia? Same car..

It must be the Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car, there's a lot of different clio/lutecia race cars in the game.

we should do away with the hard tires i think most of us will be in on the first lap or so to get the soft tires anyways. i'm running over 5 seconds a lap difference. the car's handling to so different between the two compounds. anyways just a thought ,

lap time on hard tires 1:48's
lap time on soft tires 1:43 and dropping

I would have to say that after testing the Lexus IS 200 gt1 for hours, this car is not competitive enough, Best lap after testing doing major changes was 1.46 on soft tyres. But we will see how it will match up to the others, During the race. Xavier and I of team lexus are trying very hard to squeeze every bit of power and handling out of this car. This is going to be a tough season for us, even more when we only have 1 car and we desperately looking for the other. If you guys have this car ill gladly appreciate if i can borrow it from you guys. thanks please help us, if you do have an extra one plz send it to my Psn: D_professional

Damn you guys are quick. I was testing on a controller (wanted to lie down on the couch haha) and got 1.50s in the Mazda6 on hards. I hope getting on the wheel adds a few seconds where precision will be key.

Bear with me guys. This first season is a learning season. We'll learn what tires to run, if two types, what ones, etc. What cars work well together, what cars are on their own. Right now the s2000 and clio seem to have a big advantage, and a 30kg penalty might not be enough to slow them down. There were other cars that i ruled out for being too fast, and some for being to slow. Perhaps we'll make the entire series slower next season or faster. But without everyone trying to get every last ounce from each car there's no way to know whats possible.

Keep this in mind for the season. Think of F1, torro rosso doesn't have much hope of beating a McLaren but they can battle it out with williams, sauber, etc.

So just used my S2000 quickly on hard tires. Without a steering and just some quick 10 minutes of testing I got 1'49.5 besting my Mazda6 team easily which I was tuning with for about 45 minutes. Now I'm not the best driver but my prediction is with a wheel, my laptimes with the S2000 could be 1-1.5 seconds quicker per lap.

Also, as someone who loved F12011, midpack battles can be just as competitive as fighting for the top spot. Now if I end up 5seconds per lap down on my Mazda teammate then I'll be unpleased with myself!

Last edited:
Don't forget guys: it is not only the car that makes the difference. I often end on the podium in WSCC-race, but there are guys like Teeds that easily puts me 2 seconds on a 1:30 - 2 minutes hotlap. Yesterday, MindlessRiff was 6 seconds faster on Le Mans than I am, and nevertheless, without and excursion in the sand, I could have been on the podium.
You can only compare cars when the driver in it is the same. Sebastian Vettel would be slower if you put him in a Virgin, but probably still much faster than Dambrosio or Glock.

Don't forget guys: it is not only the car that makes the difference. I often end on the podium in WSCC-race, but there are guys like Teeds that easily puts me 2 seconds on a 1:30 - 2 minutes hotlap. Yesterday, MindlessRiff was 6 seconds faster on Le Mans than I am, and nevertheless, without and excursion in the sand, I could have been on the podium.
You can only compare cars when the driver in it is the same. Sebastian Vettel would be slower if you put him in a Virgin, but probably still much faster than Dambrosio or Glock.

Well said turbogeit. While it is my goal to get this series on an even playing field, it will take time.

El_Aliens, your mazda has been sent.

D_professional, lexus will be sent tomorrow.

Bear with me guys. This first season is a learning season. We'll learn what tires to run, if two types, what ones, etc. What cars work well together, what cars are on their own. Right now the s2000 and clio seem to have a big advantage, and a 30kg penalty might not be enough to slow them down. There were other cars that i ruled out for being too fast, and some for being to slow. Perhaps we'll make the entire series slower next season or faster. But without everyone trying to get every last ounce from each car there's no way to know whats possible.

Keep this in mind for the season. Think of F1, torro rosso doesn't have much hope of beating a McLaren but they can battle it out with williams, sauber, etc.

I completely agree and understand.

Well said turbogeit. While it is my goal to get this series on an even playing field, it will take time.

El_Aliens, your mazda has been sent.

D_professional, lexus will be sent tomorrow.

thanks redline.

thx p_o_p_e i already tested it n did 1:44.0 after 5 laps with SS(3am here so i couldnt do more lol) but i think theres just a few tenths for me, nothing more. reading the post i think best times will b probably 43 flat or even 42

Back