WSCC Touring Car Team Championship, FINISHED

• Thread starter GTRedline
  • 456 comments
Or we could do a rolling start and bump the top 3 from last race back 5 spots on the grid.

We are doing a rolling start experiment with inverse championship standings grid in the Monday Corvette series. I'll keep you informed about the evaluation of this new procedure.

Great race guys, for those to attended and stuck around that is. We tested some ideas and came up with more. Some of which will carry into our season.

Next race will be our first points race, and half of our racers have yet to attend a race. I'll compose a list of those people yet to attend and will require them to be at next weeks race or their position in the series will be open to new members.

I will also be enforcing the start time, with no exceptions! No more messages asking me to wait. The lobby opens at 12:30pm EST (5:30pm UK). If you join before me you'll be asked to leave and re-enter so that I am in the "host" slot. Qualifying starts at exactly 12:50pm EST (5:50pm UK). Everyone should be in the lobby by this time. Race will start at 1pm EST (6pm UK). If you can make it on track by this time then your in, you do not have to do a qualifying lap (if your ok with last place on the grid).

There is a very obvious 2sec time difference between tires, and the weight penalty clearly makes little difference if any. So this is what we will be trying for the next few races...

Everyone qualifies and starts on Racing Hard tires. (equipt time in settings before entering track)
No Pit Stops until your 5th lap.
Top three from previous race will be required to stay out on racing hards for more laps. (number to be determined)

One last thing is the equality of the cars has been in question since the first race. This is not unexpected, finding 7 cars that are within fractions of a second of each other is very difficult in this game. The winner of both pre-season races and WSCC senior member teeds has offered to help us determine which cars are too quick and which just don't make the cut. For next race teeds will be switching cars with iamsupernasty. Not only will iamsupernasty get to drive teeds tuned S2000, but he'll get to know if there's more to get out of his BMW. Its up to teeds weither or not he wants to get back in the S2000 again after that or try out my Toyota. If you think your car isn't up to the race pace, then show up to a few races and perhaps you can find out if the car is the problem.

As i've said from the start, this will be a short 4-6 race season from which we will be able to create a competitive 8-10 race second season with a close points race. So stick with it, show up, and get involved so we can make this happen.

The OP will be updated with the rule changes and details of next weeks race in the next few days.

What's the next track?

Teeds and I did some testing this afternoon with him in the 320i and me in the S2000 at Tokyo.

Within my first few laps I was at 13:8 (my fastest BMW time was 1:44.8). I was able to run very consistently 2 seconds faster than I did in the BMW.

I was also able to beat Teeds heads up in a 4 lap race, which obviously means he was handicapped dramatically.

Well went out today and bought a hard wire connection for my wireless connection. Wireless just won't cut it so bought a 50 foot length ethernet cable to run through the house on race days.

What's the next track?

Teeds and I did some testing this afternoon with him in the 320i and me in the S2000 at Tokyo.

Within my first few laps I was at 13:8 (my fastest BMW time was 1:44.8). I was able to run very consistently 2 seconds faster than I did in the BMW.

I was also able to beat Teeds heads up in a 4 lap race, which obviously means he was handicapped dramatically.

Yea what nasty said, the S2000 gets off the line and out of any corner quicker. Looks like the power curve is better although it has less PP??

@ hamster - you could try this much neater method if the cable sorts your problems linky

Ok guys, big changes!

First and most important is the S2000 is now banned from the series. It's dominated both pre-season races, and thanks to iamsupernasty and teeds testing after Tokyo its obvious that this car has an unfair advantage.

The following members must compete and FINISH next sunday's race in order to secure their spot in the series;
Knelly
drex81
R620turbo
Wendigo7
hamster1984
D_professional
XavierFwd

vtecsyndrome has decided to drop from the series.

After this sunday's race i expect their will be slots open on a few teams for both teeds and luckylefty2gunz. Right now there's only one spot open using the Integra.

I'm going to ask a few of our faster members to drive a different car this weekend to confirm the competitive of the field. We have yet to see the lexus or integra post a respectable time.

After consulting with some WSCC senior members i think we have a solid solution to the penalty issue. We will be qualifying and starting on Racing Mediums, however the top three from the previous race will be qualifying and starting on Racing Hards. There is one exception to this. If 3rd place is more than 30 seconds behind 2nd place then they will not be penalized on the next race. (The replay will be reviewed, if you sandbag your last few laps to avoid the penalty but keep your place you will loose all points from that race and be penalized for the next race.)

Also the race schedule has been posted in the OP. This sunday will be a 3rd pre-season race to sort out the grid as attendance has been poor. Also it allows us to finish testing the cars.

I'll be there this week. Had a bit of a nightmare last Sunday but i'll be available this week.
Need to get some testing done as well.

I can fill a spot if you guys need it. I own all the cars, so let me know. I would prefer the Renault but the Mazda or Toyota are fine too. I have read and fully understand all the rules. I can be at Suzuka.

I can fill a spot if you guys need it. I own all the cars, so let me know. I would prefer the Renault but the Mazda or Toyota are fine too. I have read and fully understand all the rules. I can be at Suzuka.

I can give you a spot on the grid but I cant tell you what car/team you'll be able to join until after this Sunday's race. So drive whatever car you want @ Suzuka just so we get to see you race and afterwards I'll let you know what cars are available. Teeds and lucklefty get first dibs on any slots that open up, and if everyone shows, someone will need to join team integra and I'll have to make up another team.

Well I guess I need my BMW back then lol.

When you get a chance Teeds... :)

I'll send your car back tonight.

I'll come check it out on sunday. Probably bring my mazda or the renault. I can tell you i wouldnt be interested in the integra or the lexus as they are not competitive enough. Even though i love the lexus.

I can tell you i wouldnt be interested in the integra or the lexus as they are not competitive enough.

We shall see this Sunday. El_aliens will be in the integra and I asked feeds to drive the Lexus. The Lexus is almost identical to the Toyota and it's a 6 speed where the Toyota is a 5 speed.

We shall see this Sunday. El_aliens will be in the integra and I asked feeds to drive the Lexus. The Lexus is almost identical to the Toyota and it's a 6 speed where the Toyota is a 5 speed.

Take me off the extra drivers list, psn in HK is still down and I don't want to hold anyone up, I will be back for season 2 though.

Last edited:
Take me off the extra drivers list, psn in HK is still down and I don't want to hold anyone up, I will be back for season 2 though.

No problem, hope it comes back soon though. If it's back mid season and there's open slots just let me know.

Everyone please confirm that you'll be at Sunday's race. We will be staring the season in just over a week regardless of a full grid but it would be great if I knew now who wasn't going to be joining us. The more time we have to fill the grid the better.

I should probably send out some friend invites on PSN so i can find you guys on sunday. Lol. Almost forgot.

I should probably send out some friend invites on PSN so i can find you guys on sunday. Lol. Almost forgot.

You only need to add myself for the race. However adding others if you have time for practice, some of these guys are always on!

Look out! Cobrius is better than Schumacher as it concerns pit strategy.

Not this year, lol. I would say Jenson Button, best strategies and best at conserving tires, but still can't pull out a win. I'll be watching him closely this next race.

Suzuka is tricky for tire wear. Run smooth laps and you'll get a lot out of them, but try too hard and those fast corners will distory your fronts. What kinda times is everyone running? And on what tires?

I`m just getting into the 2.05s, 2.06.5 average, on softs , how many laps are we doing?

26 laps.

So i just noticed something that might be an issue for some of you. The Montreal grand prix starts exactly the same time as our race on sunday. I'm a big fan, but being the host i'd be willing to record it if everyone promises not to check in on it during the race, lol. However if enough of our members are going to bail to watch the race or if enough want to run everything an hour earlier i'd be willing to do so. This is up to you guys, and my mistake for forgeting about the only grand prix in my country, lol.

I know a few of you are big fans, so speak up. Just state whether or not you want to race earlier, and if you can't do earlier then say so.

Back