WSCC Touring Car Team Championship, FINISHED

• Thread starter GTRedline
  • 456 comments
Just sent you a FR.

You are not yet on my friends list on my "turbogeit" race account.
You were only on my B-spec turbogeit2 account.

Was a difficult race for me, because I lost all my reference points:

- I always race with race line on
- in Prawny's Clio Cup, we used soft tyres and skid recovery
- full damage made me nervous: so anxious to damage someone's car.

So, I missed many braking points and was struggling all the time. Nevertheless, it was a good driving lesson. I really regret that normally I'm not free at the hour of the race, because I feel that participating in it would be a good occasion to improve my driving skills. One day, I must learn to drive without that driving line.

End lap 12-begin lap 13 was rather "dramatic":

- first there was a misunderstanding with the car behind me when i wanted to go into the pit: the car tried to pass me at my right and sent me into the wall. I was not very happy, but after watching the replay, I think the other guy was surprised by the fact that I did not keep completely at the right. Result: heavy damage and I forgot to change to softies while pitting.
- At the exit I realized in turn 1 that I was on cold mediums. So I had to take it very carefully. Saw the leaders behind me , tried to stay at the inside, but my cold mediums made me slow down so much that nevertheless, iamsupernasty got disturbed by me and went off. Sorry.

Although I won't participate in the race, I would be interested in knowing the times you do on medium tyres during the series, in order to train my driving skills without driving lines.

Good race today guys. I managed to lead half the first lap, before spinning on my fav corner and getting hit by cobrius. He seemed to suffer more though, having to pit for repairs. With the damage i had i was only able to get 10 laps out of my mediums, as they were scrubbing real bad. At this point i should've planned for a two stop race, however i decided to try to get 16 laps out of my soft tires. After lap 23 everything went wrong, the tires were so bad that i went off track a few times a lap, lost 3 places on the grid and was unable to finish with a 180sec race delay. Learned a good lesson today.

Damage on and penalties off is still of some concern to me. On some tracks there's a huge advantage to cutting corners and i just have no interest in checking everyones 1hr replay. Also, while i enjoyed todays race with heavy damage, i'm not sure its a good idea for next race if we have more new drivers.

I'm going to update the lists in the OP. Most of the previous no-shows will be dropped from the teams. I'm not banning these guys, however i can't hold a spot on the grid for people who clearly have better things to do. By next sunday, if there's open spots left, they will be allowed to join again.

OP Updated

The following teams have open slots;

Team Toyota
Team Honda
Team Mazda
Team Lexus

teeds, followed by Sassafrass_3 have first dibs on the team of their choice. After that its fair game, first come first serve. Until they pick a car, all new racers should pick two cars so that they don't miss out or get stuck with a car they don't want.

After being accused of not being fast enough, the lexus won the first race today. And while i'm not sure who won the second race, i know the integra was in the top 3.

The integra won:tup:, i had one of the best races in gt5 with suoernasty n DREX, really fun the battle for 1st

Yes - Terrific race!

I went back and watched the replay afterwards. Alien, Myself and Drex battled nose-to-tail for the first 7 laps. I then went in for pits, followed by Alien pitting two laps later. Drex waits to stop.

After we'd both pitted, I was leading Alien by about 6 seconds, but Drex was way ahead. Alien was catching me by about .8 seconds per lap, until Lap 13. This was where I got in trouble behind the lap car of Turbogeit and I felt I was forced off track. On second viewing, I could have done more to avoid that incident and I don't hold Turbo responsible at all.

By the time I got back on track I was about 2 seconds behind Alien, but we were catching Drex quickly. The two of us passed Drex when he was in pit road. By lap 17 Alien was about 7 seconds ahead of me, and I was forced to make my second pit stop.

I came back out and the gap with Alien remained constant at 35 seconds for a lap or so, and then just at it started to shrink, Alien came in for his final pit stop. As Alien came out of his final pit stop, the two of us were neck and neck.

At this point it was clear that Drex was on a 1 stop strategy, and Alien and I were going to need to catch him on track because his tires were struggling. That's exactly what we did, and it wasn't long before the three of us were nose-to-tail again. We ran literally on top of each other for another 5 or 6 laps. At lap 24 the race was entirely up for grabs, but Drex and I had minor contact that caused damage. This allowed Alien a break to get away, and that's what he did. Drex and I ran together for the next two laps and on Lap 26 of 26, I went off again passing lap traffic.

Final:

1st - Alien
2nd - Drex (6 seconds behind leader)
3rd - Iamsupernasty (9 seconds behind leader)

Seriously that was probably the best Gran Turismo race I've ever had.

yes that was a good race. first lap i had a mistake that put me off, i think i had help but no worries, pit strategy is key as i was able to run down multiple cars that had sizable leads over me in last few laps. with no seat time with new car lap times dropped lap after lap good race and look forward to more outstanding racing

Yes - Terrific race!

By the time I got back on track I was about 2 seconds behind Alien, but we were catching Drex quickly. The two of us passed Drex when he was in pit road. By lap 17 Alien was about 7 seconds ahead of me, and I was forced to make my second pit stop.

I had the same feeling about the incident I had at the entrance of the pitlane. First I thought the other car bumped me off in a nasty way, but after seeing the replay, I changed my opinion: that one was at least partly my fault.

We both confirm there an important rule: always look first at the replay before judging an incident.

About the incident involving our cars. I knew you were coming, but it was not evident to choose the best way to let you pass without loosing time. And visibly I did not take the best decision with that cold tyres.

i am running lap times that if we ran a 35 lap race it would take well over 70 minutes with no pit stops. at 2.05 a lap , 29 laps at 2.05 puts as at 59:45 without pitting just a suggestion for our hour long races.

He will benefit from my BMW testing as well. Managing tire heat/wear and properly tuning the GearBox are the secrets to this car. The powerband is sooooo narrow, that the every gear must be custom tailored for each track in order to stand a chance.

Lefty, 70 minutes sounds like a good length.

Drex here.

I agree, that was a great race. I should not have attempted the one pit strategy but I was not very prepared. The Lil Cleo ran well tho and the battles were fierce.
I'm sorry I've missed some races but Ill be on top of the schedule a bit better. And not go to the bar the night before :(

I wanted to vary the race lengths a bit, to make pit strategy a race by race decision. However if 70 minutes is too long I can drop it to 30 laps.

i don't mind longer races they actually cater to my style of driving, and it makes for different pit strategies which also makes for better racing. A two stop race would be great, i was just mentioning the time difference.

So teeds has decided to join me on team Toyota. Sassafrass is still deciding on his platform.

Sign up is still open, hope we get a few more to fill the grid. All the cars have proven to be competitive, so it should be a good season.

I may try to make this, will know in a day or two if I can be free on Sunday mornings.

I do have a question, are there always 2 races, and do you choose which race to run, or are they seperate races on different tracks? It looks like the one this Sunday has two seperate times, but only one track.

I may try to make this, will know in a day or two if I can be free on Sunday mornings.

I do have a question, are there always 2 races, and do you choose which race to run, or are they seperate races on different tracks? It looks like the one this Sunday has two seperate times, but only one track.

Only one race per week. This Sunday we were forced to run two races in order to work around the Montreal Grand Prix.

Only one race per week. This Sunday we were forced to run two races in order to work around the Montreal Grand Prix.

Ok, thanks.

I'll test some cars tonight to see what I want to run. I have the Toyota, and the Lexus, but need to see if I can get one of the Mazdas.

Ok, thanks.

I'll test some cars tonight to see what I want to run. I have the Toyota, and the Lexus, but need to see if I can get one of the Mazdas.

The Toyota team is full. Your choice is Mazda, Lexus & Honda.

Back