WSCC Touring Car Team Championship, FINISHED

• Thread starter GTRedline
  • 456 comments
I'm doing my best too keep everything fair. The penalty system will help slow down the leaders as well. Hopefully by season two the growing pains will be worked out.

I'm doing my best too keep everything fair. The penalty system will help slow down the leaders as well. Hopefully by season two the growing pains will be worked out.

Don't worry about it, that is the advantage for signing up early in any series where they limit the cars to only 1 or 2 of each. The first guys, if they do their homework properly, will allways have the advantage of having the faster cars. I signed up late, so I don't expect to get one of the more competitive cars.

Don't worry about it, that is the advantage for signing up early in any series where they limit the cars to only 1 or 2 of each. The first guys, if they do their homework properly, will allways have the advantage of having the faster cars. I signed up late, so I don't expect to get one of the more competitive cars.

LOL! I signed up first, yet picked perhaps the "slowest" car. I never was much of a homework guy...

No worries dude. Your doing a great job. I know this **** isn't as easy as it looks.

Exactly, he is doing a great job 👍..... and the fact that there are only about 3 cars that are actually touring cars in this class in GT5 makes it almost impossible to make an even field.

I'm just in it for the fun and to get more laps in, I'll be happy if I can just run competitive with the actual touring cars. I'll get more satisfaction from that than I would from winning with a car that outclasses everything else.:)

Jav
Just droping by to se how's everything going, gotta say is looking very very good! You really have a very strong list of drivers here man!
Congrats on a job well done!

Are you in the league jav?

I am quietly excited about my Clio! I've loved this car for years in gt4. Do I get a weight penalty for second?

And I hated nurb gp ever since the game came out, I'd always avoid it. But lately I find it to be my top 3 favorite tracks.. It's a drivers course.

Remember, slow is smooth, smooth is fast...

Last edited:
I really used to hate this track, but I'm slowly growing to appreciate it. That stupid chicane still grinds my gears though.

I really used to hate this track, but I'm slowly growing to appreciate it. That stupid chicane still grinds my gears though.

Remember to keep two wheels on track at all times. And so everyone knows, it's almost impossible to pass clean there unless the lead car goes in too deep.

Remember to keep two wheels on track at all times. And so everyone knows, it's almost impossible to pass clean there unless the lead car goes in too deep.

It's very hard to pass anywhere on this track unless someone makes a mistake and goes wide.

I must say that it took a while before I appreciated it, but know it is in my top 5 list.
In real world racing it is impossible to pass there, but in GT5, thanks to the draft, you can easily pass on the straight and I got myself many times passed at the chicane braking. if you make a mistake at the kumho-bit combination, car behind you can easily pass you there.

Most of the time the others make so much errors that I don't have too much problems to obtain good results there. Is the only track were I ever came close to teeds, because he made more errors than I did.

Just said "close to", was still unable to beat him.

Other tracks on which I have a chance to make a good result, depending on the car:

- Madrid
- Suzuka
- Le Mans
- Grand Valley

Tracks on which I suffer:

- Cape Ring Inside
- Deep Forest
- Trial Mountain

Hi guys, sorry but was out the country for a couple of weeks. I see my place has been taken away so will drop out. Have fun and hope it's a great series.

Hi guys, sorry but was out the country for a couple of weeks. I see my place has been taken away so will drop out. Have fun and hope it's a great series.

There's still room on the grid in the Lexus. Let me know if your interested.

I don't have a Lexus and the car exchange program link is not working...

Anybody have one that I can use or swop so I can enter?

👍

I don't have a Lexus and the car exchange program link is not working...

Anybody have one that I can use or swop so I can enter?

👍

The link goes to the member club space. You first must accept the club invitation that I will send you right now.

Can someone please send Worduphomes a Lexus for me? I thought that you could send and receive a car a day, however after receiving a car today it says I'm at my daily limit.

Can someone please send Worduphomes a Lexus for me? I thought that you could send and receive a car a day, however after receiving a car today it says I'm at my daily limit.

If he will send me a FR, I can send him one in a couple hours. Getting ready for a GT300 race right now.

Hi GTRedline, I am searching everywhere for the trackmaps you use. I know they are somewhere on the forum, but I can't find them.

I know it is possible to copy the image link, but I would like to find the thread were they come from.

Just a little bit of wonder why Lexus went last.

We're still working out the kinks with making the cars fair. Dispite teeds winning last week with the Lexus, for most of us it is a little slower than the top cars. It's fairly even with the teg IMO and with the penalty system you should still be competitive.

I have some ideas for making the cars really fair, however it will involve some time from our top drivers. Basically we pick a fairly neutral track, not too fast, not too tight. Then we set a fast time with one of the slower cars. With this time as a goal, we dial back the power limiter on each car so that they are all within half a second. It will be more work each week, entering the cars one by one on track, but it would be worth it. I'm not sure who would be willing to help out, and whether or not we do it now or this summer before season 2.

Back