WSCC Touring Car Team Championship, FINISHED

• Thread starter GTRedline
  • 456 comments
Add me on PSN and borrow my Mazda. It's "shared" in my profile. If you decide you might want to go with it I can send you one tomorrow.

Thanks iamsupernasty for answering all his questions!

Sassafras decided to go with the Lexus, so there's still one spot left for the team Lexus.

Updated the OP. One spot left on both Team Lexus and Team Mazda, and dispite El_Aliens performance this weekend Team Honda is still empty.

Everyone should check out WSCC's Racing School starting this sunday. I'm happy to see that many of you have already signed up! I'll be making this "course" a prerequisite for season 2 of TCTC, as the second season will be heavy damage. Also, if all of our grid completes one "course" we will switch the TCTC to heavy damage mid-season.

I got a Mazda and had a chance to try it along with the Lexus. I'm going to go with the Mazda.

psn: boshuter
Car: Mazda 6
Time: CST

I'll get a FR sent tonight or in the morning. 👍

I got a Mazda and had a chance to try it along with the Lexus. I'm going to go with the Mazda.

psn: boshuter
Car: Mazda 6
Time: CST

I'll get a FR sent tonight or in the morning. 👍

I'll update the OP later today. Team Mazda is now full.

Anyone care to share some lap times for Nurburg GP? I ran a 2:10.2xx online. Now you know just how much faster you are than me! Lol.

Lol. That lexus is a pile. Seriously. I'm not that quick either so its a bad combo. Everyone need to stop saying that the lexus is just like the toyota. If they were in the same ballpark, people would have grabbed up the lexus real quick. I must be doing someting severely wrong to be that far off.

Lol. That lexus is a pile. Seriously. I'm not that quick either so its a bad combo. Everyone need to stop saying that the lexus is just like the toyota. If they were in the same ballpark, people would have grabbed up the lexus real quick. I must be doing someting severely wrong to be that far off.

Just sent you an invitation for the private club space. Apparantly, I must have forgotten that when you signed-up.

Perhaps teeds can share his tune. Is that 2:10 on soft tires?

I'll be lucky to run faster than 2:08's. I'm so f'n bad at this track. I've been trying to learn it, and I cannot get around it fast without going off. So frustrating.

Thanks Turbo.

Nah, that was mediums. I think I'm going to have to switch to the Honda. I apologize for making a late change but that Lexus is a sloth. So if its alright I'd love to switch. I borrowed Redline's and then bought one from the online dealership. I need to get a red one real quick.

That's fine sassafrass, the Honda it is.

Welcome cowboy, the Honda is all yours.

Team Honda is now full.

The Lexus is in the same boat as the BMW. Low on torque, short powerband. You need to match the gears perfectly. Iamsupernasty knows all about this with all his Suzuka testing. GP/F is a great course for finding speed in the corners. Do some testing with others or your teammate and compare lines.

Sassafrass_3
Thanks Turbo.

Nah, that was mediums. I think I'm going to have to switch to the Honda. I apologize for making a late change but that Lexus is a sloth. So if its alright I'd love to switch. I borrowed Redline's and then bought one from the online dealership. I need to get a red one real quick.

Mines yellow, is everyones OCD the same color with it?

Yeah mine is yellow as well. I had a red one but it doesn't seem to be in my garage anymore. Looking for another red one now.

A yellow one with zero miles, huh? How about that. Lol. I don't really know anything about the school thing. Sunday night would not be good for me but i could probably work it out.

OP updated.

All teams are full except team lexus. Personally i don't understand why the BMW is loved and the lexus shunned. Their power/handling is very similar and the lexus has an extra gear. Anyway, i'm considering dropping it and making teams of 4 vs 2. However i'm sure that then we would have everyone wanting to switch cars and new members would be limited to the honda and mazda again. The mazda not being a favorite is another thing that has me baffled. Any thoughts?

Under steer is pretty bad with it. Which you can make better but never as good as a rear wheel drive. Really this all come down to Performance Points. At these weight and horsepower settings the Toyota has 526pp, Mazda has 514pp, Lexus has 510pp (with full downforce on the front and rear). Not sure about the others but the Mazda and the Lexus just don't have the same get up and go.

I really like the Lexus but there is no sense in driving such and under powered car. Some really good drivers can make that car look fast but it's not. Otherwise they would have chosen it because it drives good and is good on tires. But when your pushing it so hard, it tears up the tires.

Thx for the link.

Under steer is pretty bad with it. Which you can make better but never as good as a rear wheel drive. Really this all come down to Performance Points. At these weight and horsepower settings the Toyota has 526pp, Mazda has 514pp, Lexus has 510pp (with full downforce on the front and rear). Not sure about the others but the Mazda and the Lexus just don't have the same get up and go.

I really like the Lexus but there is no sense in driving such and under powered car. Some really good drivers can make that car look fast but it's not. Otherwise they would have chosen it because it drives good and is good on tires. But when your pushing it so hard, it tears up the tires.

PP really mean nothing, especially when using the power limiter. The S2000 was under 520pp, and 2-4secs faster than the toyota on every track with different drivers. Understeer is a pain to tune out, but easier to do so with a rwd car. I'll send you the teg tomorrow, forgot i sent a car late last night.

Just droping by to se how's everything going, gotta say is looking very very good! You really have a very strong list of drivers here man!
Congrats on a job well done!

This is always a problem when you are using race cars and make them all have same weight and HP. One or two of the cars will be much faster than the rest. Usually if they are driven in stock configuration they will be much closer on the track. In real life they have different weights and HP for a reason, making them the same is only going to cripple some cars.

PP definitely does not mean nothing. It makes an equal playing field way better than same HP and same weight. I'm not saying its perfect though. Just better. More flexable with how people choose their setup. But its all good and I'm ready to race.

Last edited:
Back