The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,817 comments
-> ...
:dopey: 👍

I'm not mad. . . Now I know I'm not the only one who loves Kotomi (At least a tad) on this thread. :lol:
^ If there was Kyou (Clannad), Ranka Lee (Macross F), & Nagase (Kaminomi). I will change it. Hear that AOS!? :lol: :sly:

I think Maya Ibuki is my new obsession. Easily my 3rd favorite girl from Eva, behind Misato and Asuka.

So cute:
img_193578_41875198_2.jpg

:lol:

^ Oh yeah! She has that 'infactuation' over Ritsuko! So pervy! Only Ritsuko can rival Misato's allure. :D :drool:

Okay, after just a little more than two months, the MLP thread has almost half the total posts as it took the anime thread over 8 years to accumulate. That's just messed up.

On another note, watching still more of FMA Brotherhood, and my inner science editor is going berserk

Episode 48. I mean, Selim/Pride requires light to be at all effective, so why does everybody insist on fighting him in the light, especially when there are several good guys who can "see" Pride in complete darkness?!? Stupid, annoys the hell out of me. Lesser annoyance, when the flash grenades are thrown, somehow they dispel all shadow, which is BS. They may be very bright, but they're still point sources of light and so in fact shadows cast would be even more pronounced. This series is fun and good, but very low-brow.

FMAB reminds me a LOT of Naruto for some reason.

Okay, after just a little more than two month, the MLP thread has almost half the total posts as it took the anime thread over 8 years to accumulate. That's just messed up.

We're gonna have to increase our pace. :P

MLP has us beat in that department, because we all aren't watching the same show on the same episode, nor is there a huge image base with memegenerator backing it up.

HOWEVER, MLP's only a trend thta won't last, at least as long as Anime.

Last edited:
MLP has us beat in that department, because we all aren't watching the same show on the same episode, nor is there a huge image base with memegenerator backing it up.

HOWEVER, MLP's only a trend thta won't last, at least as long as Anime.

Agreed,The pony thing will pass after first emissions of season 2 (probably),then another internet meme might take over everything again.

As for anime,its anime after all,anime will last as long as internet lasts,but its amazing the coincidences that I find with both K-ON! and MLP

I remember that K-ON produced about the same effect on Asiatic internet (the thing was in about 5 national channels,plus 5 cable channels),it was K-On everywhere until everyone turned into Naruto and bleach.

Apart from that,this internet season has been pretty much dry,the only thing that I look forward to is Nichijou(seriously Naruto is just impossible to follow,Bleach is cool and all but meh,and I haven't seen seriously FMA,also no comments one one piece)

And,who here have seen cowboy bebop and Trigun(I'm bring this up because I'm watching movies from both animes and it brings some nostalgia).

Love the gif avatar Walter. DAT ASUKA is superb :)

Also we got to Florida alright. This wireless internet is slowwwww though. Can't get a decent connection :(

Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are both in my top favorite anime! I didn't like the Cowboy Bebop movie very much but I guess it's because I watched it after the show and after that ending nothing would be good lol.

And,who here have seen cowboy bebop and Trigun(I'm bring this up because I'm watching movies from both animes and it brings some nostalgia).

I've seen both series and the Bebop movie, haven't seen the Trigun movie, wasn't aware it was out yet. There's not a new Bebop movie, too, is there? Just wondering about your nostalgia comment. With regards to Trigun I can understand it, but everything Bebop is 10 years old+. Both absolutely great series, and as many have said as well, Bebop in so many ways is arguably the best anime ever. Action, story, character, comedy, drama, style, music, voice acting, it has everything going for it that you could ever ask for (unless you demand ecchi, though Valentine is pretty hot even without quite going there, or car racing like ID and WM...)

fayevalentine.jpg

Ah yes Faye. Will always have a soft spot for her. *Leaving out filthy joke*

One of my new favorite hotties (yes, I'm 36, so hotties over age 28 kind of feel more appropriate for me...) And yeah, maybe I'm a masochist.:lol:

Olivier_Armstrong_by_VioTanequil.jpg

It's nice to see that you guys watch this kind of stuff,those were kind of golden ages for Anime,I mean in those ages you find Lain,Cowboy bebop,Trigun,Ghost in the shell,Initial D,all this amazing stuff that didn't involve the schoolgirl thing,one massive problem with anime these days is the usage of the teenager background(to fan service and other stuff),well its has to be said that something good came out of it(school days,haruhi,lucky star,Seitokai no ichizon,Sayonara zetsubou sensei,etc...) but for these series there is always a couple of animes with the same perky story of 15 year old teenagers with the love drama.

As for fan service,Valentine delivers,but I say that Spike Spiegel is just simply too badass(not BL):

spikespiegel.jpg

The same can be said about Vash(not BL,again):

Trigun-front.jpg

Mr Aceakiracombat, don't worry, badass dudes like those or Kamina aren't to be confused with BL, those are the characters who represent our inner aspirations, the people we want to be, and sometimes are, f*yeah!

Wait, holy ****, yaywalter is NOT ALLOWED to drop his Kamina referencing avatar! So get on it AOS-, all those images he's using in his gif need to have Kamina shades STAT!!!

And, another shot of Major General Olivier Armstrong, from the episode I'm currently viewing, for your sadistic pleasure (is she gonna kick your ass, or are you gonna beat hers???)

vlcsnap2011061923h15m30.png

Back