The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,817 comments
It is what it is: hideously modeled cars racing with absurd explanations of why a freaking Toyota can go faster than a bowling ball in freefall down the mountain, the characters... from all of them you wouldn't make ONE that's worth a penny, and they all look horrid. The glass of water is the most stupid thing ever plastered in an anime and Keichi Tsuchiya started to suck when he asesorated Initial D and it came out like it came out. It's one of the worse animes I've ever seen.

And yet it is a true story! That water cup, the logic defying ability of a puny AE86 to defeat the monster RX-7 and GT-R challengers, all lead to a real GT300/500 career for Keichi. I just want to see a ID vs WM some day.:lol:

All this talk about K-ON made me remember how cute, hilarious, and somewhat great this show was. I think I should re-watch it sometime, just for the fun of it. :3

I liked the K-ON manga, because it was short and kinda fun, but then some part of me expected the anime to actually have some kind of musical content (or any content at all, for that matter) :indiff:

It's ironic that expression reflects on the tone of your post....

Here's a neat tip to rouse up activity in a thread: say something someone will find upsetting or offending, :lol: If that person ever reads it, they'll be so upset they'll feel the urge to drop a reply.

That's not irony...

And do you really want me to try that? I think I might upset too many people :scared:

Last edited:

*EVA goes into Berserk mode*

Top this, EVA, guts FTW!
berserk_guts.jpg

nk4e, these guys don't get FG references....

though that short spiky hair does make him look an awful lot like ryu.
:lol:

nk4e, these guys don't get FG references....

though that short spiky hair does make him look an awful lot like ryu.
:lol:

Yeah we do. I just couldn't tell if he was joking or not lol

And here is today's Asuka picture:

192af30e2a9b667ecc8e6e09d15c35f3.jpg

Indeed.

But still not nearly enough Evangelion in this here thread.

nge01.jpg

nge02.jpg

nge03.jpg

nge04.jpg

nge05.png

nge06.jpg

nge07.png

nge08.jpg

nge09.jpg

nge10.jpg

loleva1.jpg

loleva2.jpg

loleva3.jpg

loleva4.jpg

loleva5.jpg

loleva6.png

loleva7.jpg

loleva8.jpg

loleva9.jpg

loleva10.png

loleva11.jpg

loleva12.png

loleva13.jpg

ev01.jpg

ev02.jpg

ev03.jpg

ev04.jpg

ev05.jpg

ev06.jpg

ev07.jpg

ev08.jpg

ev09.jpg

ev10.jpg

ev11.jpg

evFINAL.png

I apologize in advance to those with slow internet connections. :lol:
I do not apologize to those who dislike Eva, however. :sly:

Last edited:
just watch it with some pictures. They are kinda spoiler-ish.

Fave is the Asuka inside the EVA with stuff flying around, and a couple of the EVa 1with the arm.

just watch it with some pictures. They are kinda spoiler-ish.

Fave is the Asuka inside the EVA with stuff flying around, and a couple of the EVa 1with the arm.

Care to let me know which ones you think are spoiler-ish? I personally don't see any spoilers in the images I posted. :P

dude:

the freaking EVA has human arms.

All I see is Eva arms, glowing arms and Pony legs.
I doubt anyone's gonna come to any drastic conclusions from the glowing arms.

Nice contribution Walter! I have most of those pictures but there's a few epic ones I haven't seen. 18th one down (if I counted right) is my phone's wallpaper lol.

dude:

the freaking EVA has human arms.

You see Unit 01's hand in episode 1.

EDIT: Since I won't be able to post pictures for a week (going out of town tomorrow) I will go ahead and post up an Asuka picture for each day. Yesterday featured an extra picture so starting with Monday:

1a5339d678fd923a6cfd564d9b8e45f9586475df.jpg

Tuesday (DAT CAMMY ASSUKA):

5eea0fb6897df4c44a110105a0a591ff5b44cdd3.jpg

Wednesday:

8e153f5b36d8abc5d833e48746be7549.jpg

Thursday (Mmmm DAT ANGRY ASUKA):

51e0a648f127b5b9d72baa1a4e183467.jpg

Friday:

8dee7ee91a65c7a938c1502efef7f30b0bde29ff.jpg

Saturday:

1235783643630.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Nice contribution Walter! I have most of those pictures but there's a few epic ones I haven't seen. 18th one down is my phone's wallpaper lol.

For some reason, that doesn't surprise me. :P

Lovely Asuka pictures, as always. I like the angry one in particular. 👍

Last edited:
A-Channel makes me rage.

"RUN YOU ABSOLUTE MORON! YOU BARELY HAVE THE DISTINCTION OF BEING SENTIENT YOU SEMI-EVOLVED HALF-WIT!"

Seriously, is it truly possible for someone to be THAT stupid?

What is this I don't even...
BTW AOS-, can you make those Miku avatar in 200px in size? I'll use it elsewhere... :P (I don't wanna change this one yet lol)

What is this I don't even...
BTW AOS-, can you make those Miku avatar in 200px in size? I'll use it elsewhere... :P (I don't wanna change this one yet lol)

I figured you wouldn't, but not a problem.... it needs a transparent bg, right?

edit: FFFFFUUUUUUU I accidentally saved the PSD under 120 px.... Sorry dude. I'll have a new style up eventually.

<- Representing my love for Kotomi (since Kyou wasn't available and Tomoyo is already taken). :dopey:

Someone's going to be mad... :rolleyes:

rakinado.png

49713e26389902c8ce917ad220e42ae1.jpg

k-on-3.jpg

2007-05-15-54499.jpeg

Mewants Lucky Star playing cards.

5qt9fm44dqqy.jpg

Last edited:
Well hey, since there are a fair few images being posted, I thought I might as well throw a few up here and there too :) Hopefully I'll show some that people like, and maybe get some interest in a few shows they may not have seen before. They're thumbnailed as some are kinda big...

FLCL - Gainax doing their tried-and-true "coming of age" story, but using possibly the weirdest way imaginable. It certainly takes you for a ride!

Azumanga Daioh in some different cars from the show... I had to look closely at the blue one for a few minutes :P

Baccano! A pretty good show about 1920's gangters and their adventures.

This is Beatrice the Golden Witch from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (When the Seagulls Cry). The show starts out as a murder mystery and is kinda cool, but then gets a bit too convoluted and silly after the mid-point. Still, Beatrice was one of my favourite characters, and her cackle is absolutely perfect. Plus, she's really pretty :embarrassed: AOS, when you make your next batch of avatars, could you make one of her for me please? :3

If you're familiar with FMA, you should get this :D

I'll probably forget by then. I will make a formal announcement when I am about commence another batch. So instead of surprising you guys, I'm just going to ask who wants one.

Back