GTP_Classics.Watch thread for room number.

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 168 comments
Yeah I understand.

I ran another car, RX-7 GT-X(FC) '90

Semi sports exhaust
Race Filter

236BHP
435 PP

The time was around 8 Minutes 10. I've no idea what kind of speeds the cars you've mentioned can do, as I've not come across them before. So I'll wait until somebody has a go in them. Maybe we'll have to run some stock cars to lower the times a bit.

Now your getting it Mike, not so easy is it setting up an event whereby you give members the chioce of which car they would like to take part in, as some have favorites. On the other hand you don't want to make it a one horse race all the time.

Now try picking say the L10B and see what times you can manage, I think you'll find the more classic cars in the Mazda range you'll have to tune up, the top end cars you'll have to tune down a little to find a base line so no matter what car you chose they are all competitive which adds to the fun of the event. 👍

And for picking the best car :)

I have a super busy week but will definitely be making time for this, no prizes for guessing what I'll be driving :D

I think I may know the answer to that Andy, but I don't think you'll like having to de-tune it :sly:

Engine limiter / Ballast / Tyres :grumpy:

I know your pimping colour Midnight Purple 👍

Phillip.

So I can jump in with my RX8-S '03 that I tuned :dunce:, I might go too fast, but then I just add balance. I'll start on Sports Hard, that might already do it.

Great initiatives, tuned all the GT300 cars for IDOR, but did take none of them on the track :ouch:

Phillip has too much time on his hands, but that is because his legs won't follow anymore I believe. Glad to see you r so active on the track, Phillip!

Last edited:
So I can jump in with my RX8-S '03 that I tuned :dunce:, I might go too fast, but then I just add balance. I'll start on Sports Hard, that might already do it.

Great initiatives, tuned all the GT300 cars for IDOR, but did take none of them on the track :ouch:

Phillip has too much time on his hands, but that is because his legs won't follow anymore I believe. Glad to see your so active on the track, Phillip!

The other events are still running Vince this is not in place of, just trying to get as many members joining in, with a wide range of events (varity) so as not to let online racing become boring, doing the same event over and over again to me is a no no.

If you wish to run GT300, Hommel Berlinette R/S Coupe ’99 @ Cote d Azur
this one, or the new
GTP_IDOR event please just post in the threads, most of the members that support these keep an eye on these threads, I'm sure I and others will soon join you.

Like you say to much time on my hands, just trying to make it interesting for you the members and myself, with as many cars and tracks as I can, not just the same top 10 cars out of the 1031 we have to play with. 👍

Have fun, look forward to seeing you on track again soon.

Phillip.

I've done today arround 8:39.XXX on the ring with a stock Mazda MX5 2007
Except adding Aero Parts and Oil change, didn't add any tuning parts at all.

This is the setup i have for the MX-5 (400pp, 167hp, 1100kg)

Tyres: Sports/Medium front & back
transmission: Manual
traction control: off
SRF: off
AS: off
ASM: off
ABS: 1

If anyone wishes, I might test it also with comfort tyres.

Closed

More tomorrow, but with a tuned RX8-S 03 on sports hard 8'20 seems easy (still went out on last S).
So car is mainly good if you want to jump in and need a great handling car, not if you prepare a bit.

Top speed seems to be important, you do not want a too big difference on the straight.
With the RX8 last setting I was at 244km/h on the long straight at the end. That might be a bit much.
With top speed at 200km/H your in the way of others.

=============

Edit: Phillip on trying out different cars, my statement yesterday (that did not arrive) is that I have 95 Mazda's (mostly different ones) in my garage, so testing all seems too ambitious.
I did look this morning and was thinking of trying: Mazda Autozam AZ-1 ‘92, Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62 (seems more for Div1), Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) ‘89

Last edited:
This sounds cool, I'll have to join one of the races!! Been away for too long :P

Big thanks to you guys testing these cars out for the event.

As you can appreciate not an easy job, even more so if you have 95 Mazda’s in your garage. But so that it is a good mix of cars from the Mazda range if we can all test out just 2 more if you so wish, post the model / lap time and settings, all the members will have a good choice to pick from that will be within the same lap times.

My two cars so far are as follows.

Mazda L10B / lap time 8’20.295

186bhp / 960Kg / 408pp
Parts fitted.
ECU / Sport Manifold / Racing filter / Sport Exhaust Manifold / Sport Cat / Semi Racing Exhaust
Low Turbo
Trani / Drive / Susp all full

Tyres were Sport hard / Sport Soft. But this I may change now that I have full suspension to play with.

Mazda Altenza 25Z 07 / Lap time 8’17.970

251bhp / 1470Kg / 431pp fat boy

Parts fitted.
ECU / Sport intake / Sport Filter / sport exhaust Manifold / Sport cat / Semi racing exhaust
Low rpm turbo
Tyres Sport hard / Sport hard

Remember these times don’t have to be identical, so long as they are in the same ballpark that’s close enough, as you have draft and driver error to come into play as well.

Once we have a number of cars tested I’ll make a list on the main event post, whereby members can then pick from the list of cars, the other idea I had was you can only run one race in that car then you must change to one of the other cars on the list.

If we have a list of 16 cars could also say no duplicates, you must pick a car that is not all ready taken for that race.

Just something new and trying hard to keep it interesting.

You can find the race event post #115 here

Your thoughts.

Phillip.

Last edited:
I have recently tried my hand at this event (first time also, but im enjoying it already :D) and my car for the event may be a little unorthodox, but thats why i chose it, details below. :)

Basic Info
CAR: Mazda Demio Sport '03
BHP: 167
PP: 400
WEIGHT (kg): 972
TYRES: Sports Soft (Front and Rear)
LAPTIME: 8:20.211

DETAILED INFO & PART BREAKDOWN
Body/Chassis
Weight Reuction - Stage 2
Ballast - None

Engine
ECU - Sports
Engine Tuning - Stage 2
Power Limiter - 100%

Intake System
Intake Manifold - Standard
Air Filter - Racing

Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold - Sports
Catalytic Converter - Standard
Exhaust - Sports

Turbo
Turbocharger - Default (No Turbo)

Transmission
Transmission - Fully Customisable (Top Speed: 149mph)

Drivetrain
Clutch - Twin Plate
Flywheel - Semi-Racing
LSD - Stanard (No LSD: 0 Torque, 0 Accel, 0 Brake)

Suspension
Suspension - Height-Adjustable Sports Kit
Suspension Settings
Ride Height: 0 Front / -10 Rear
Spring Rate: 5.2 Front / 4.0 Rear
Dampers: 2 Front / 3 Rear
Anti-Roll Bars: 1 Front / 1 Rear (not adjustable with sports kit)
Camber: -0.5 Front + Rear
Toe Angle: 0.00 Front / 0.20 Rear (not adjustable with sports kit)

Brakes
Brake Balance - 7 Front / 6 Rear

Tyres
Sports Soft

I'll have to try that Demio!! Great choice.

Here are the stable settings I drove with:

Mazda RX8-S '03

258 BHP
1205 kg
441 PP (seems to fast)

Weight reduction stage 1 (was for competition, do not recommend this)
Rigidity improvement (was for competition, do not recommend this)

Transmission Full, did not optimise, Max on 250.
Semi racing flywheel
Carbon Propeller shaft

Full Susp

Edit: removed personal settings to make it more challenging, the car is very fast compared to the older ones

==========================

Just saw the 323F '93 in my garage actually quite a cool car, will try that one out as well.

Last edited:
Fantastic work guys. 👍

I don't think you need to add personal settings just the part fitted you found you need to get the car to the lap times.

Things like model of car and lap time.

Parts fitted.

Like ECU / Exhaust / Turbo / Trani and so on

Tunning help can be posted later if members are finding it hard to make the times you have set, or in the case of some of our members they may need to add ballast or limit the power or use harded compound tyres, as they can manage quicker times.

You see where I'm going.

I and I’m sure other members appreciate all your time and hard work thanks.

Phillip.

OK, conclusion on the Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62: Impossible just does not have enough power, 180 km/h max.

5935953511_30d92f65f5_m.jpg
handles great though

On the other hand:

Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) ‘89 out of the premium garage: 8'25 with big mistakes

5936511312_26d7275de5_m.jpg

200HP 940 kg 437PP Sports hard in front, Sports soft on the back (latter not really needed).

Engine Stage 1 (for me just not enough power without it, but it spoils a lot of the fun, be warned)
Aero front and back
In racing manifold + racing filter
Ex racing manifold + catalitic converter
Titanium exhaust
Supercharger
Twin plate, Semi-pro flywheel, differential
full transmission and susp

Special note, this seems to be the missing link between a kart and the F1, does not move, not even on gras, needs hardly any braking (a bit more after the Engine stage 1)
a Kart on steroids.

I now understand why an Indigo High officer is so positive about them.

Last edited:
Should be opening up a room in about 30 mins, will post on here as soon as I do, unless anyone beats me to it ;)

alright, I've done another test with the Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 with the following settings and have got the following result.

Car Info:
Power: 207 PS / 6700rpm
Weight: 1100kg
P.Points: 431pp

Time reached:
8:23.224

Mistakes:
Well i did some mistakes on some turns and flew a bit out on the track once at Brünnchen, but it wasn't bad, just lost probably a second.

Aero Parts: (GT auto)
Front: Type B
Wing: Type A

Modification:

• Body / Chassis:
    • Aerodynamics: ON, settings on default
    • Ballast: ON, settings on default

• Engine: Sports ECU, settings on default

• Intake System: Sports Intake Manifold & Racing Air Filter

• Exhaust: Standard

• Turbo Kits: Low RPM Range Turbo Kit (= Level 1 Turbo Kit)

• Transmission: Standard

• Drivetrain:
    • Clutch: Standard
    • Flywheel: Standard
    • Differential: Standard
    • Propeller Shaft: Standard

• Suspension: Standard

• Brakes: Brake Balamce Contoller, settings on default. This Part is installed on all cars, so you can't buy this :P

• Tyres:
    • Front: Sports / Hard
    • Rear: Sports / Hard

Driving Options:

Transmission: Manual
Tyres: Sports / Hard
Driving Line: Off
Traction Control: Off
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Active Steerng: Off
ASM: Off
ABS: 1
Controller Steering Sensivity: 2

I didn't do any kind of soft tuning, every part which I've installed was on default settings.

I did some online testing and found the Mazdaspeed Atenza '05 to be really fun ride around Nürburgring Nordschleife.
Completely stock , I completed a lap in 8'28.772

MadMax

So tested the 323F, the Mazda GTI.

Less fun in a FF configuration, but if you feel like a GTI night it is a good drive.

I got in the 8'2X quite easily with this config:

Sports Hard tires
Sports ECU
Racing Air filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Std Transmission: goes a bit fast 240+ km/h in this config
Std Suspension: this keeps this simple
Twin plate clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel

You should have this from B-Spec Amateur Japanese 90's Challenge: Mazda 323F ‘93 (S)

Last edited:
It looks awesome Philip. Too much choice and too less time.:dopey:

Test on MAZDA AUTOZAM AZ-1 '92

I can not make 8'2X, but might be for the better drivers.

Apply everything, really everthing and tune to hell. Might even need racing hard tires.

Since it is lightweight with a high torque, it a challenging drive. It gets; in what I tested; stuck just under 220 km/h, which is not fast.

The real fun is that the 700cc, 10000 rpm make it sound like a space ship.

picture.php

Nurburgring Nordschleife goes all rotary

picture.php

Mazda
Derives from Ahura Mazda, a god of the earliest civilizations in West Asia...the god of wisdom, intelligence and harmony..."

By request this race is for Mazda’s only you can pick any car from the Mazda range and tune it to fit the bill

This event is open to all Members of GTPlanet

Excluding any concept or race car, you may have any year from classic to Rx8, pimp your rides to see who can have the best looking car on the track.

More details will follow after testing, if anybody would like to test a couple of cars and post details that would help, but please keep it sensible, no 500bhp and racing soft tires please this is classics.

Would like to work in the 400pp to 450pp. Lap time of 8'20 ish, I think this will allow all the cars from classic Cosmo Sport L10B to RX8 to compete.

Phillip.

We now have a list of cars for members to choose from, big thanks to the guys who did all this testing to help out the members of GTP enjoy this event, I’m sure the members appreciate all your hard work. 👍

I’ll post this list of car with links to each member’s post, so you can see the model and parts fitted, plus lap time achieved by the tuner, some have personal settings too.

GTP_Vince_Fiero

Mazda 323F ‘93 (S)
Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) ‘89
Mazda RX8-S '03

GTRufus (GTP_SpecX)

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Mazda MX5 2007

GTP_MadMax86

Mazdaspeed Atenza '05

Snake55wildcat

Mazda Demio Sport '03

GTP_NINE_HUNDRED

RX-7 GT-X(FC) '90
RX-8 Type S '07

GTP_Eriba

Mazda L10B / lap time 8’20.295
Mazda Altenza 25Z 07 / Lap time 8’17.970

Everyone was asked to try for a lap time of 8'20 ish +/- I know abilities come into the mix with the odd little off here and there. The tuners have worked very hard and done their best for you, so please don't disrespect them with any comments.

If you choose to use any of these setups I'm sure you'll have to make small ajustments, Settings / Ballast / Limiter / Tyres to fall into the 8'20 ish lap times. Remember this is only a guide time so that all members can enjoy the race event.

Thanks again to the guys that did the testing.

Phillip.

Quite certain that with a bit of practice you will beat my times (I will too), so if people want to drop something I put on the car, they should try without it first.

Tried the '07 Miata, quite a joy and easy enough to get the target time.

Had a Mazda L10A, tuned for B-Spec; that was a lot more difficult to handle.
In the end did some A-Spec Practice rounds that were OK.

Busy for the next days, so might be very calm the next week online.

room open:

1472-6399-8580-0417-3100

Closed

Well we may not have stuck rigidly to the plan in terms of track, and PD did try to kick us all out at one point, however tonight was a massively enjoyable night. A 10-12 strong GTP grid for the majority of the races with plenty of bumper to bumper action and great banter throughout made it a fantastic nights racing. Thanks to everyone who participated, you know who you are (and I'm bound to forget someone!), see you again very soon :cheers:

Andy

Last edited:
room open:

1472-6399-8580-0417-3100

Closed

Well we may not have stuck rigidly to the plan in terms of track, and PD did try to kick us all out at one point, however tonight was a massively enjoyable night. A 10-12 strong GTP grid for the majority of the races with plenty of bumper to bumper action and great banter throughout made it a fantastic nights racing. Thanks to everyone who participated, you know who you are (and I'm bound to forget someone!), see you again very soon :cheers:

Andy

I concur Andy very enjoyable; it was nice to see the 8’20ish lap time theory for the event worked so well with differing abilities all mixing it up together.

A credit to the members that took the time to do a lot of testing for us, well done guys.

Thanks to all the members that come along and support these events we put on.

Maybe next time we get on track we could always test this combo out too
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5619716#post5619716 as a contrast, I’ve tested it, it’s not fast but I think it will be very testing on your abilities over 10 laps.

Link to this thread event Mazda's at Nurburgring.

Phillip.

Back