Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup Title - Series Champion: RFLX_Niop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, I'll send you the request tonite. And count me in for sure. I haven't ran with a full field on this track yet in NASCARs. Should be lots of fun. I'll need to tweak some tuning to grab pole. So I'll try to join you before hand.

Might not be till about 11:00pm plus tonight, but there could be enough of us to get a room going and test out in race conditions?

What does everyone think? Happy to host it is my private lobby connection seemed very good last night.

I can't join you tonight, I'm busy from 8pm to 1am (possibly up to 1:30am) with a 60 lap endurance race at Circuit De La Sarthe (estimated time of 4 hours racing). The hour of practice starts at 8pm, with the actual race at 9pm. Rain adds about 40 seconds to a lap.

I probably won't have much time to practice tomorrow either since I'm doing stuff most of the day. I'll only really get a chance to practice when the room is up an hour before the race starts for qualifying laps and practice. (With it pushed back an hour, the room should open at 10pm, right?)

Last edited:
I'll probably be open two to three hours early for practice, but will reset the room with one hour left for actual qualifying time.

MustangRyan
I'll probably be open two to three hours early for practice, but will reset the room with one hour left for actual qualifying time.

What time will the race be? I think my dad would like to participate. We don't have a microphone though, I hope that isn't a problem.

What time will the race be? I think my dad would like to participate. We don't have a microphone though, I hope that isn't a problem.

Race time this week will be 6pm EDT, 10pm GMT, 11pm BST. Qualifying opens around an hour before the race, but will probably be open a few hours early this week.

👍

MustangRyan

Thanks bro, only had a second to be on the computer. And don't expect much of him haha, he's just starting out, and the 0 ABS thing isn't exactly his thing. It's fun to watch though 👍.

EDIT: We may have to pass on this race, use our slot for someone else. Sorry guys, that car was more of a handful than we thought.

Last edited:
I doubt we'll get a full field, so as long as he is not actively holding up traffic, an extra driver would always be welcome to join us for a race.

MustangRyan
I doubt we'll get a full field, so as long as he is not actively holding up traffic, an extra driver would always be welcome to join us for a race.

Well, he can't keep the car straight unless he is going thirty miles an hour, and I'll be out at the time. He got a little bit frustrated after attempting to tame the beast :lol:.

CAMjhr
EDIT: We may have to pass on this race, use our slot for someone else. Sorry guys, that car was more of a handful than we thought.

There are very few people who can tame a NASCAR on a road course, and stay fast and consistent. For sure, not the ideal starting car.

And I'm one of those who are still trying to tame it consistently. Nobody though should be afraid of joining though. Friendly group here who all have mics and will help advise when coming round to passing etc.

Knelly
There are very few people who can tame a NASCAR on a road course, and stay fast and consistent. For sure, not the ideal starting car.

And I'm one of those who are still trying to tame it consistently. Nobody though should be afraid of joining though. Friendly group here who all have mics and will help advise when coming round to passing etc.

He actually decided he wanted to, but he had to go into the office for the day and he won't be back for about 8 hours. And I'm going out with friends in an hour or two. I'm really sorry about the confusion guys :(.

Don't worry mate, Indy Ring next week, maybe a better starting point. Stay in touch.

Room is now OPEN, with the race starting in just over 95 minutes!

You missed a hell of a great race, Joe. We had a few new guys show up that could FLY around that track. I think the pole speed was 1.32.6 or so. I'll sort out the replay and have the point standings updated hopefully within an hour or so.

Missed you Joe but had 9. I finished 6, drop 5, rflx, 3rd. All others were new and clean. Good racing

Just watched replay. End of lap 9 coming onto straight. Definately Crazy turning me round after I pass him on the high side. No doubt about it whatsoever. Don't believe it changed standings though.

I just watched it, and it looked like both of you moved over a half-lane toward the other at the same time. I don't think it looked intentional if you watch it from his hood view.

EDIT - It really looks like he was coming up off the corner thinking you were going to ride out high all the way to the wall, while you were cutting down to take a lower line out of the corner onto the straightaway, avoiding close proximity with the outside wall. It may have just been a difference in preferred lines causing a crossover in real estate.

Last edited:
Indy Road Course RESULTS:

1: hey6541 (pole position, 9 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2: EERS4YEARS (16 laps led) - 18 points, +2 bonus points
3. RFLX_Niop - 16 points
4: snakegt40 - 14 points
5: Droptop2001gt - 12 points
6: Knelly - 11 points
7: CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 10 points
8: DiegoC1980 - 9 points
9: The_Boyce - 8 points

Point Standings after 9 of 10 regular season races:

rIKFX.jpg

Last edited:
Great race today guys. I thought I may be able to steal a win today with Joe not making it. But those thoughts went out the window when hey6541 and EERS4Years laid down some 1:32.xxx laps. I'm lookin' forward to the chase though, It's gonna be good.

Point standings updated in results post (above) and in original post on page 1.

The next race is the last chance to accrue points before we will set the field for the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship. After Indy, the top 8 drivers in the season's total point standings will all be reset to 300 points, plus 3 points for each regular season victory achieved. Any ties in points will be broken in this order (highest finish, second-highest finish, most recent race attended, more total races attended)

If the Chase began right now, the points would look like this:

1. Droptop2001gt - 306
1. RFLX_Niop - 306
1. JoeOfTheFire - 306
4. The_Boyce - 303
5. Knelly - 300
5. DiegoC1980 - 300
5. jtsharkin9 - 300
5. GTP_Akmuq - 300

At the end of the five Chase races, the driver with the highest point total will be crowned our GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion.

The prize payout is as follows:

1st place: Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread
2nd place: Receive any 3 items from my trading thread
3rd place: Receive any 1 item from my trading thread

**1 item is defined as any ONE of the following:
1 ticket
1 car
5 paint chips
1 set of 30 helmets
1 set of 30 racing suits

Loving this Drop, doing a great job Sir, and good race last night, even though I got to see little action :crazy:

So, those who have already made it in are Drop, Rflx, Joe and Boyce. I am just outside and need a Top 7 Finish to secure the chase next week. Effectively, there are still 4 spots open for everyone who has raced down to and including Clayton.

Then the fun begins ..... :drool:

Oh, and ps Drop .... I'm standing by my driving stance that I was not at any fault at all. Not that it matters, but I am the only one who had control of their car at that moment (about the only time I felt safe, on the str8 - lol)

I won't be around much today, so I won't be practicing with you. I'm planning to 1 stop this race, so make sure you can as well if you want a chance of winning. :sly: (Should be simple enough, I only had to adjust a single suspension value).

What laps you running solo?

I can't remember how many seconds, but I think my best on my own ended in .964. Don't know how I can remember that and not the seconds, though 51 is sticking out in my head, so maybe it was a 51.964. I know the .964 is right, since I know that my times slowly dropped off and I was doing mid to high .3xx laps when I was close to 30 laps in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back